PDA

View Full Version : Browns Trade Another Draft Pick

AkronSteel
08-20-2008, 07:01 PM
For Travis Daniels from the Phins. Wow they are really grasping at straws now. They must have finally noticed what we all knew back in the spring, their pass D is in serious trouble. It's not like Daniels is going to help them out at all, and they just keep giving away their picks. By the time the 09 draft gets here they will be lucky to have a pick at all. The Stains are a joke!!!!

:brownssuck

buckeyehoppy
08-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Successful teams build through the draft and do not use their draft as a trade bargaining chip.

Case in point for the argument in the first paragraph: the Deadskins. They are a perpetually mediocre team that occasionally gets lucky enough to reach the playoffs, only to take a dive the following season.

I'm not saying that will happen to the Clowns. But considering that they aren't playing a last place schedule this year and play half of their schedule against playoff teams from last season, and a drop-off would seem likely enough. We will probably know where the Clowns are headed after their first two games at home with the Cowqueens and the Steelers.

It's fine with me that the Clowns continue to trade off their draft for mediocre role players and locker room attorneys. It means that they will continue to gamble with salary cap hell and creeping age with no real improvement.

SteelerNation1
08-20-2008, 09:38 PM
For Travis Daniels from the Phins. Wow they are really grasping at straws now. They must have finally noticed what we all knew back in the spring, their pass D is in serious trouble. It's not like Daniels is going to help them out at all, and they just keep giving away their picks. By the time the 09 draft gets here they will be lucky to have a pick at all. The Stains are a joke!!!!

LOL. I thought travis daniels was a rb. They are screwed

SteelerNation1
08-20-2008, 09:43 PM

LOL. I thought travis daniels was a rb. They are screwed

Djfan
08-21-2008, 12:56 AM
It seems that they really think that they are one or two players away from being a champion. That is the only reason I can understand for trading draft picks.

SteelHoss
08-21-2008, 11:50 AM
IMHO I do think they are only a player or two away from being very competitive. The problem is some of the players they are getting. :lol: Haste make waste applies with this last move. They really needed to get back to the draft in '09. I look for more setbacks to follow for them. :brownssuck

frankthetank1
08-21-2008, 11:58 AM
travis daniels, who is that? eh i think people make too much of the draft, it really isnt all that important. im sure the browns know what they are doing. (sarcasim)

Steel Life
08-21-2008, 10:46 PM
:wft Maybe the Browns think they're in the NBA - draft picks mean nothing there either.

LasVegasGuy
08-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I see some heads rolling at the end of the year if this team doesn't make the playoffs. Especially the fat bastard roaming the sidelines. Let's not forget about the other fat bastard roaming the sidelines at Notre Dame. Can you see the 2 of them back in New England next year if the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl this year?

BigBen2112
08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
The dude is only 25 YOA though...so at least he's not 30. He's about the age of a really REALLY old draft pick.

RuthlessBurgher
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM
The Browns-Team-That-Now-Wears-Purple is doing the same thing:

In need of defensive line help, the Baltimore Ravens remembered a face from long ago, trading for Buccaneers defensive end Marques Douglas.

Tampa Bay traded Douglas, 31, for a low draft choice in 2009 and a conditional draft choice in 2010.

Marques Douglas

Defensive End
San Francisco 49ers

2007 Season Stats Tot Solo Ast FF Sack Int
72 56 16 0 3 0

The Ravens needed a lineman after losing defensive end Dwan Edwards for the season. Edwards, who has been struggling with a back injury, was put on injured reserve Tuesday.

Douglas entered the league with the Ravens as an undrafted player coming out of Howard University in 1999.

After spending the 2000 season in New Orleans, Douglas went back to Baltimore, where he played from 2001 to 2004. He joined former Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Nolan in San Francisco from 2005 to 2007 as a free agent.

Douglas started 47 of 48 games with the 49ers, and had 71 tackles last season.

The Buccaneers signed Douglas to a four-year, $10.1 million contract this offseason, but his playing time came into question when the team re-signed Kevin Carter.

The Bucs didn't take a cap hit in the trade to the Ravens because they gave Douglas a $1 million base salary and a $1.6 million roster bonus. The Ravens assume the $2.6 million obligation this season.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

frankthetank1
01-02-2009, 09:28 AM
travis daniels, who is that? eh i think people make too much of the draft, it really isnt all that important. im sure the browns know what they are doing. (sarcasim)

this is really strange. i never wrote this, how the hell can that happen?

RuthlessBurgher
01-08-2009, 06:41 PM

this is really strange. i never wrote this, how the hell can that happen?

You can remember which posts you wrote and didn't write from August?!?! I can barely remember what I had for dinner two nights ago. :lol: