PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

SteelStallion
08-15-2008, 11:30 AM
...formerly a low volume poster on pittsburghlive. Unfortunately the collective IQ over there has gone down while the obnoxious factor has only gone up. I'm looking for new places to talk Steelers without the insanity. Congratulations on the new site.

frankthetank1
08-15-2008, 11:36 AM
...formerly a low volume poster on pittsburghlive. Unfortunately the collective IQ over there has gone down while the obnoxious factor has only gone up. I'm looking for new places to talk Steelers without the insanity. Congratulations on the new site.

welcome aboard!! i agree that mb has gotten ridiculous. its always doom and gloom over there and childish name calling

SanAntonioSteelerFan
08-15-2008, 11:47 AM

Well, it's not like there's no insanity here, but at least it's not the middle-school name-calling troll-barfing variety. Here the insanity is more of just your typical Pittsburgh Steelers fanaticism!!

(Like a bunch of nutcases that waste a perfectly good Thursday evening squinting at a computer monitor to watch 3rd or 4th stringers play ... in a preseason game)!

Welcome SteelStallion :Cheers

fordfixer
08-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the planet

proudpittsburgher
08-15-2008, 12:11 PM
welcome stallion

stlrz d
08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Glad you made it!

Djfan
08-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Glad you're here!

AkronSteel
08-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the Planet! Glad that you have come aboard!

Shawn
08-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Welcome...we are glad to have ya.

kennyes
08-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Glad you made it over, I too am really growing tired of that whine and ego fest they call a MB.

Ozey74
08-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Welcome. Your post decribes my opinion to a T.

:Cheers

anothersteelerfan
08-16-2008, 08:56 AM
I was reading the game thread with very juvenile comments and what the heck happened to Rick this year anyway? I always had a lot of respect for him, but he seems to have become Mr. Negative and his maturity level has dropped.

anger 82&95
08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Welcome! I think you will find this site to be an excellent source of Steeler information without the thread hijacking and peripheral bickering so prevalent elsewhere.

buckeyehoppy
08-16-2008, 01:56 PM

Welcome aboard the HMS Steeler Nerdery! :shock: :lol:

The difference between this MB and the Trib MB is that we generally understand that being a Steelers fan is the common denominator and that, as a rule, we should be a civilized bunch of merry misfits and not a bunch of back-biting hacks.

So check in a contribute often...or, at least, as often as possible. As time constraints limit me, I probably won't be over there at all anytime soon. Simply don't have time and don't need the headaches and the juvenile tinkling contest that the Trib MB is apparently becoming.

SteelBucks
08-16-2008, 02:22 PM

The difference between this MB and the Trib MB is that we generally understand that being a Steelers fan is the common denominator and that, as a rule, we should be a civilized bunch of merry misfits and not a bunch of back-biting hacks.

So check in a contribute often...or, at least, as often as possible. As time constraints limit me, I probably won't be over there at all anytime soon. Simply don't have time and don't need the headaches and the juvenile tinkling contest that the Trib MB is apparently becoming.

BH, sweet sig!

Oh and glad to be here!

SteelTorch
08-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Welcome! Glad to see another face (or avatar, I guess).

:tt2

buckeyehoppy
08-16-2008, 05:53 PM

BH, sweet sig!

Oh and glad to be here!

SB, welcome to the light!

The sweet sig came from Asian Steel, a great Gator fan among others on this MB. He did more than justice to it, and for that I am indebted. He did a great job!

Looking forward to your observations in the coming season! And it's great to have another Buckeye here!

NKySteeler
08-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Welcome aboard stallion...... Looking forward to your input and posts... :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the planet

Anytime anyone says this, I immediately think of the opening to this song:

[youtube:3kg0695j]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyPOSQsxvWY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyPOSQsxvWY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3kg0695j]

Sorry about the pre-Crosby, pre-Malkin Penguin highlights there. It is hard to believe that was only 2004, and the only players remaining from that team are Fleury, Orpik, Scuderi, and Kris Beech, of all people (unless you count Mario too, who played in 10 games that year). I like it for the shot of Andy Chiodo banging his stick on the crossbar. The Chiodo Dragon was perhaps my all-time favorite member of the W-B/S Pens (we've had season tickets since we got an AHL team 10 years ago).

fordfixer
08-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Welcome to the planet

[youtube:3dh13gvd]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyPOSQsxvWY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyPOSQsxvWY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3dh13gvd]

Sorry about the pre-Crosby, pre-Malkin Penguin highlights there. It is hard to believe that was only 2004, and the only players remaining from that team are Fleury, Orpik, Scuderi, and Kris Beech, of all people (unless you count Mario too, who played in 10 games that year). I like it for the shot of Andy Chiodo banging his stick on the crossbar. The Chiodo Dragon was perhaps my all-time favorite member of the W-B/S Pens (we've had season tickets since we got an AHL team 10 years ago).

Nice - don't think I have heard that song before. Who sings it

RuthlessBurgher
08-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Welcome to the planet

[youtube:2blu0pwa]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyPOSQsxvWY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyPOSQsxvWY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2blu0pwa]

Nice - don't think I have heard that song before. Who sings it

Switchfoot. "Dare You To Move." Good song.

fordfixer
08-18-2008, 01:14 AM
sounded good to me thanks