PDA

View Full Version : Madden '09

AkronSteel
08-12-2008, 03:17 AM
Wow, this game is absolutely great. The best game play of any football game I have ever played. I believe this is probably the best video game of any genre I have ever played. Very impressive!! Plus, I kicked the crap out of the Texans before bed, LOL! Gotta love it!

:2c

Iron Shiek
08-12-2008, 11:13 AM
How is Ben rated vs other Qb's? Parker?

Shawn
08-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I agree...terrific set up. I grabbed my copy at midnight last night and got in a game before bed.

RuthlessBurgher
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
How is Ben rated vs other Qb's? Parker?

Here is a list of all of the Steeler player ratings (it is big, so I didn't want to cut-and-paste it all):

http://sports.ign.com/madden09/steelers.html

AkronSteel
08-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Mendenhall is a beast on this game!!! Gotta love having the power running game back, haven't had it on Madden for a while! Santonio is awesome as well!

I started Timmons in the middle next to Farrior and he is averaging 9 tackles/game, I only hope that this is the production that we get.

RussBII
08-12-2008, 09:42 PM
I had 06, then 07, then i skipped 08. I played the demo of 08 last week and I didn't get the whole "Icons under the player" thing. What are those?

Is 09 really worth it? It might be if Ben's stats are insane...

AkronSteel
08-12-2008, 11:47 PM
I had 06, then 07, then i skipped 08. I played the demo of 08 last week and I didn't get the whole "Icons under the player" thing. What are those?

Is 09 really worth it? It might be if Ben's stats are insane...

I just went

21-24
286 yds
2 tds, with Ben

This game is great definately worth it!

The icons represent the strengths of individual players!

Chadman
08-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Chadman has a question- does the XBox 360 or PS3 versions of Madden 09 give you the 'Coach Mode' at all? Can you simply play as the coach? Or is that just a PC option?

AkronSteel
08-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Chadman has a question- does the XBox 360 or PS3 versions of Madden 09 give you the 'Coach Mode' at all? Can you simply play as the coach? Or is that just a PC option?

No, I have not noticed a coach mode on the game. Although, you may enjoy NFL Head Coach 09, I think it would have everything that you are looking for in that genre. Except you can run the plays, just call em!

Chadman
08-13-2008, 02:38 AM

No, I have not noticed a coach mode on the game. Although, you may enjoy NFL Head Coach 09, I think it would have everything that you are looking for in that genre. Except you can run the plays, just call em!

Unfortunately...Head Coach isn't released in Australia... :HeadBanger

AkronSteel
08-13-2008, 11:35 AM

Unfortunately...Head Coach isn't released in Australia... :HeadBanger

Well we have a friendly community here! I'm sure someone would be nice enough to send you a copy from the US!!! Heck if you order the 20th Ann. edition you get a copy of both for 90 bucks!

costanza2k1
08-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Man I'm loving this game. I have to admit that I have yet to figure out how to get my running attack going. I can't seem to get more than 2 yards a carry with Parker or Mendenhall. My 360 tag is YCSikhmaster ...add me as a friend to get wooped on. We can play Steelers vs. Steelers if you don't mind...I refuse to play another team.

Shawn
08-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Man I'm loving this game. I have to admit that I have yet to figure out how to get my running attack going. I can't seem to get more than 2 yards a carry with Parker or Mendenhall. My 360 tag is YCSikhmaster ...add me as a friend to get wooped on. We can play Steelers vs. Steelers if you don't mind...I refuse to play another team.

If you send a friends request to DocLogic77 we can play. BTW...not sure if this makes me less of a fan but I have never used the Steelers for online play. I like to do certain things on offense and the Steelers never have the combo of weapons I need. This was the first year I came close to using them...but Parker can't break a tackle. I use the Chargers...cuz LT is an absolute freak. I will forget to add ya by the time I get back on but send me a friends request if you remember. I would like to play ya. :)

Shawn
08-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Costanza you have a friends request pending. You are soooo going down!!!

:)

costanza2k1
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM

Ok we're connected now! Let me know when you want to play...send me a PM with the time and I'll gladly whoop on you. My mic is down currently so you won't hear me making fun of you or getting into you mind like I would like...that will have to be a later date.

Shawn
08-18-2008, 02:01 AM

Ok we're connected now! Let me know when you want to play...send me a PM with the time and I'll gladly whoop on you. My mic is down currently so you won't hear me making fun of you or getting into you mind like I would like...that will have to be a later date.

Aight sounds good...do you want me to spot you 14 or 21? :mrgreen:

costanza2k1
08-23-2008, 02:44 AM

well in our first game you almost had to spot me 14...you got skills. Figured out what happened to the xbox...the dvd rom died. Replacement is in route, I got a spare from my cousin in the meantime so bring on the funk of the master dunk my friend. I'm prepared. My Offense isn't 1 dimensional any longer.

Shawn
08-25-2008, 05:17 PM

well in our first game you almost had to spot me 14...you got skills. Figured out what happened to the xbox...the dvd rom died. Replacement is in route, I got a spare from my cousin in the meantime so bring on the funk of the master dunk my friend. I'm prepared. My Offense isn't 1 dimensional any longer.

Thx and great game. You surprised me...I expected to roll on ya...but you threw enough stuff at me to keep me on my toes. I hadn't seen anyone run alot of 5 wide yet...and it took me awhile to learn to stop it. Then you put like 8-9 in the box and dared me to throw...making me play according to your rules. Good first game...very chess match like. I look foward to playing you again. :)

costanza2k1
08-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Good game man...sounds weird saying this as this is only a game but our last game was intense...you've got a tough defense to play against. Good stuff.

Cos 1, SMG 1

Shawn
08-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Very tough game...I couldn't move the ball. I can usually run at will and you completely shut down LT. You even locked down my FB dives. When forced to pass I couldn't get it done. I knew a 3 point lead going into half wouldn't be enough unless I solved your D. Nice way to abuse my soft flats...I didn't adjust quick enough on that last drive.

I like playing you because you make me better. I need to work on my passing game so that when I actually meet up against a tough run D I can still score.

Play ya in a week. :)

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 11:07 PM
I like playing you because you make me better.

http://www.internetvibes.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bt-youcompleteme-catalog-1081.jpg

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/you-had-me-at-hello-25748.jpg

:lol:

costanza2k1
08-27-2008, 09:23 AM

http://www.internetvibes.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bt-youcompleteme-catalog-1081.jpg

Hey stay out of our Madden love! lol If you got a 360 and our on live let's play Ruthless...

RuthlessBurgher
08-27-2008, 11:42 AM

Hey stay out of our Madden love! lol If you got a 360 and our on live let's play Ruthless...

Sorry...I'm a PS3 and Wii guy (when I have the time, which recently has been never).

Shawn
08-30-2008, 02:49 AM
I have a quick question.

Why do I find myself at the end of every homo joke?

Les 74
08-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I have a quick question.

You only bring it upon yourself. :lol:

Shawn
08-31-2008, 03:16 PM
I have a quick question.

You only bring it upon yourself. :lol:

:moon

Wait....don't take that the wrong way.