PDA

View Full Version : Chad's League of Ordinary Gentlemen...

Chadman
08-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Hello everybody.

For those that are interested, Chadman is running a Yahoo FF league. It's a 12 team league, free, and currently there are 4 spots available. If you are interested, send Chadman a PM & we'll sort out the details...

Currently we have Chavezz, Papillon, MJG, Bob & Chadman with 3 others having given indication they'll chime in.

It's an all PlanetSteelers board comp, so we'll all know eachother. Only playing for Bragging Rights.

Come & have a go if you think you're hard enough.

Chadman.

Chadman
08-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Hello all,

Just so you know, Chadman's league was set at 12, but due to so much interest, will be pushed to 14 teams to accomodate.

Posters currently in the comp are Papillon, MJG, Chavezz, Bob, Hoge, Jooser, Phillyesq, Akronsteel...oh, & Chadman.

Waiting for confirmation on calmkiller, rpmpit, Big Fan & Les74...

That leaves one spot for anyone interested...unless the 4 waiting for confirmations pull out...

BIG FAN
08-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Confirmed.
Good luck, and if you have too much good luck, then you can kiss my koala bare. :D

Bob
08-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Just saw this, yeah, I'm in.

fordfixer
08-12-2008, 05:46 PM
from the title this looked like another thread about the bungals receivers :lol:

Chavezz
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm in and I'm glad you went with the live draft. If you're not into it you can just have the auto pick but if you're like me, I like to pick the guys on my team.

I'm planning on going a completely different route this time. No more RB RB WR. I'm shakin' it up!

Kicker first! Then D!

calmkiller
08-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Confirmed.

Chadman
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm in and I'm glad you went with the live draft. If you're not into it you can just have the auto pick but if you're like me, I like to pick the guys on my team.

I'm planning on going a completely different route this time. No more RB RB WR. I'm shakin' it up!

Kicker first! Then D!

Does the date & time of the draft work for you?

Chavezz
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM
It should work good (That's if I pass a kidney stone today like I "hope" to. 1st one I've ever had and I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy).

Is anyone else going to be on for the live draft?

frankthetank1
08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
It should work good (That's if I pass a kidney stone today like I "hope" to. 1st one I've ever had and I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy).

good luck man, that is awful you have my sympathy. im going to do my best and be on for the draft but friday nights are busy for me

Bob
08-13-2008, 05:32 PM

I should be on for the live draft but I am still getting error #212 when going onto the site...I must be doing something wrong.

Chadman
08-13-2008, 05:54 PM

I should be on for the live draft but I am still getting error #212 when going onto the site...I must be doing something wrong.

Hmm....Chadman will look into it...

phillyesq
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Chadman, when is the live draft? I haven't seen a link or a PM, but then again, I'm not great w/ navigating this stuff yet on the new site.

Do I need to send you an e-mail address?

Chadman
08-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Chadman, when is the live draft? I haven't seen a link or a PM, but then again, I'm not great w/ navigating this stuff yet on the new site.

Do I need to send you an e-mail address?

The draft time appears on the "Chad's League of Ordinary Gentlemen" home page, so once you log in, it should show up on there. Because of stupid time differences, it's hard for Chadman to say EXACTLY what time it is for you guys- but for Chadman it's Saturday the 23rd at 12:15 pm....it seems to be Friday night for you guys...

If there is a scheduling problem, let Chadman know...

Oh, and what team is yours???

phillyesq
08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Chadman, I haven't signed up for a team yet. I think that I still need a link to the league page.

BIG FAN
08-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Chadman, you really got to get closer to the team you love, logistically.
As it looks now I may have to be at the mercy of auto-pick. Man I hate when life interferes with football. Doesn't matter, I will still endeavor to beat the crap out of all of you with masterful trades, player placement, and a lot of B.S. 8)

Chadman
08-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Chadman, I haven't signed up for a team yet. I think that I still need a link to the league page.

Try this..

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

And then use the League ID & pass word I sent to you...that should get you there! :tt1

Chadman
08-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Closing in on draft day...if you are interested, still a possible couple of spots available...

SteelCrazy
08-18-2008, 02:39 AM
I'm interested and PM'ed you.

Chadman
08-18-2008, 03:40 AM
I'm interested and PM'ed you.

Really? Chadman just checked & couldn't find a pm from you.. :(

Bob
08-18-2008, 08:42 AM
When is the draft again Chad?

Chadman
08-18-2008, 09:14 AM
When is the draft again Chad?

Chadman believes it is Friday night for you guys- check the FF site & the date is being counted down.. :Cheers

Chadman
08-21-2008, 01:27 AM
Applications for Chadman's League of Ordinary Gentlemen has now closed...

Here are our BRAVE competitors for this season..

Les 74 with the very imaginativly named "Les 74" team...

Calmkiller with the equally impressively named "Calm Killin"...

BIG FAN with the inexplicable "Clomkillers"...perhaps a cheap rip off of "Calm Killin"?

Chavezz with his appropriately named "Chavezz's Chitheads"...

MJG with the well thought out "MeetJoeGreene" team...

Papillion with his "Pappy's Warriors" which really is his very own "Dad's Army" when you think about it..

Phillyesq joined in with his "Philly's Cougar Bait" which Chadman originally thought read "Phil's Jail Bait"..

The ever more impressively named Bob with his "Team Bob"...

Jooser with his "JoosePiggs"...

Hogerules33 and his own "Hoge's Concussions"....

Steelface with his very own "SteelCrazy" team...

"The Ring-in" non-poster that Chadman is trying to convince to join here (no names will be given to protect her identity.. :tt2 ) with the appropriately named "Hotty Toddy"...

And then there is this team- "The Tankers"- that Chadman would love to assign to a poster, but for the life of him, can't figure out EXACTLY who it is... (but suspicions lead to Akronsteel at this point in time..).. If you are the owner of this team, you've left your lights on.

So there you have it. 14 brave combatants, each with their own self esteem & respect on the line. All against the might of Chadman & his wonderfully thought out "Chad's Champs"...

Chadman will fill you all in on the trials & tribulations of this ELITE Fantasy Football competition, the high's, the low's & of course- any completely embarrassing gaffe's committed by Chavezz will be played out in remarkable High Def detail for you all to enjoy...

The draft is to be held on Friday night...Saturday for the Australian contingent..& Chadman will give a rundown of each team's respective drafting abilities...

So stay tuned sports fans- Chadman's League of Ordinary Gentlemen are about to compete in an extraordinary sporting event...

Chavezz
08-21-2008, 09:34 AM
OK I know I should be able to figure this out but I still haven't passed the kidney stone and I think I'm enjoying the pain medication a little too much.

But what time is the draft real time in est?

I know it's a 3 hour difference but I'm not sure if it's 3 hours earlier or 3 hours later.

If the draft is 7:15pm PDT what freakin' time do I have to get on the freakin' computer? Is it 4:15p or 10:15p?

costanza2k1
08-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey Chadman what is your scoring system? If it is close to our maybe we can see which one of our 3 leagues scores the most as added competition.

Les 74
08-21-2008, 05:27 PM

Hey,what can I say???When I imagine something it usually consists of swimming in pools of large sums of money or giving Jessica Alba a bubble bath.................on a good day its both at the same time. :P

Chadman
08-21-2008, 05:34 PM
OK I know I should be able to figure this out but I still haven't passed the kidney stone and I think I'm enjoying the pain medication a little too much.

I know it's a 3 hour difference but I'm not sure if it's 3 hours earlier or 3 hours later.

If the draft is 7:15pm PDT what freakin' time do I have to get on the freakin' computer? Is it 4:15p or 10:15p?

Hmm...ok, did a time converter...it seems it'll be 10:15 on Friday night for you guys. Need it changed or is everyone ok with that?

Chadman
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Hey Chadman what is your scoring system? If it is close to our maybe we can see which one of our 3 leagues scores the most as added competition.

Ok....here is the scoring system taken direct off the Yahoo page...

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-1)
Sacks (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (2)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Is that close?

Chadman
08-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Hey,what can I say???When I imagine something it usually consists of swimming in pools of large sums of money or giving Jessica Alba a bubble bath.................on a good day its both at the same time. :P

Well, it could have been Les' Wealthy Alba's or something..

costanza2k1
08-21-2008, 06:12 PM

Ok....here is the scoring system taken direct off the Yahoo page...

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-1)
Sacks (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (2)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Is that close?

Unfortunately no...well I guess it's for the better as I would've been the top scorer regardless. :P Good luck this season!

Chavezz
08-21-2008, 06:20 PM

Hmm...ok, did a time converter...it seems it'll be 10:15 on Friday night for you guys. Need it changed or is everyone ok with that?

It works for me. Does anyone else really matter?

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Wow, a 14 team draft that goes 18 rounds? That's dwarfs our little 12 team 14 round draft. You guys will end up drafting 252 players, while we only drafted 168. If we wanted to draft that many players, our league would have had to go on for 7 more rounds! There is going to be slim pickins in your free agent pool compared to ours.

Chadman
08-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Wow, a 14 team draft that goes 18 rounds? That's dwarfs our little 12 team 14 round draft. You guys will end up drafting 252 players, while we only drafted 168. If we wanted to draft that many players, our league would have had to go on for 7 more rounds! There is going to be slim pickins in your free agent pool compared to ours.

Yeah- but it makes your back-up RB's & slot WR's all that more important...it's a challenge.

It'll be interesting to see how the season pans out...there could be quite a few headaches!

And to top it off, there's 3 or 4 rookie FF players in this pool...so if they can perform well in this, then they should do very sweet in smaller, more talent laden comps..

SteelCrazy
08-21-2008, 11:38 PM

Yeah- but it makes your back-up RB's & slot WR's all that more important...it's a challenge.

It'll be interesting to see how the season pans out...there could be quite a few headaches!

And to top it off, there's 3 or 4 rookie FF players in this pool...so if they can perform well in this, then they should do very sweet in smaller, more talent laden comps..

Note to rookies: Draft your kicker and defense 1st and 2nd. :twisted:

RuthlessBurgher
08-21-2008, 11:45 PM
I would actually prefer a few more bench spots and also a flex position like you guys have, but I have to play the hand that I was dealt. I'll beat these schmoes in any format. :stirpot :lol:

Chadman
08-22-2008, 01:47 AM
I would actually prefer a few more bench spots and also a flex position like you guys have, but I have to play the hand that I was dealt. I'll beat these schmoes in any format. :stirpot :lol:

Well, that's because you've come to realise that Chadman's League of ordinary Gentlemen is the superior FF competition available...

frankthetank1
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
And then there is this team- "The Tankers"- that Chadman would love to assign to a poster, but for the life of him, can't figure out EXACTLY who it is... (but suspicions lead to Akronsteel at this point in time..).. If you are the owner of this team, you've left your lights on.

nope its my team. i thought i would use a name that had something to do with my name here but i probably dont post enough. im probably going to have to go with yahoo making my picks. my other fantasy league draft is tonight as well and the pot for that league is 2k. i am a money whore so thats where my priorities are at

Chadman
08-22-2008, 09:57 AM

nope its my team. i thought i would use a name that had something to do with my name here but i probably dont post enough. im probably going to have to go with yahoo making my picks. my other fantasy league draft is tonight as well and the pot for that league is 2k. i am a money whore so thats where my priorities are at

And wouldn't you know it? Chadman was just signing in to write that he had finally, after much face slapping, figured out that it was you? Stupid Chadman!! Stupid, stupid Chadman!!

Chadman
08-22-2008, 10:03 AM
While Chadman is admonishing himself, he'd also like to release a public apology to BIG FAN for making fun of his team's name. CLOMKILLERS is no more- they are officially now known as...

C.L.O.M. Bonmbers...(is that supposed to be 'bombers'? :tt2 )

Draft is now under 12 hours away.......no questions have been asked of Chadman, no tips asked for....so Chadman must assume that you are all confident in your drafting abilities....

Well, with that said, Chadman now wishes you all luck, and from here on out, be prepared to recieve the following smilies..

:loser :owned :HeadBanger :nono :Bow :moon :tt1 :Blah

phillyesq
08-22-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate in the live draft, but rest assured, I'm feverishly working on rnaking my players in case I have to autodraft.

Needless to say, I expect that my billable hours will take a big dip today. :lol:

phillyesq
08-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Chadman, is this part of the scoring intentional?

Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-1)
Sacks (-2)

Just wondering -- curious to see sacks hurt more than picks, and to see a such a great disparity between Passing TDs and INTs.

Chadman
08-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Chadman, is this part of the scoring intentional?

Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-1)
Sacks (-2)

Just wondering -- curious to see sacks hurt more than picks, and to see a such a great disparity between Passing TDs and INTs.

Hmm...good point...Chadman will change it...perhaps we should vote on it? Chadman will messege all the owners on the FF site...

Chadman
08-22-2008, 11:25 PM
The shame of it all...

Chadman tried to sign in for the live draft, only to find he had foolishly set his own draft status to AUTO & couldn't log in...

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2008, 11:28 PM
The shame of it all...

Chadman tried to sign in for the live draft, only to find he had foolishly set his own draft status to AUTO & couldn't log in...

Wow...that SUX!

Chadman
08-22-2008, 11:28 PM
You know your FF team is in trouble when your first RB selected is your 5th player selected...

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2008, 11:32 PM
You know your FF team is in trouble when your first RB selected is your 5th player selected...

It must be a helpless feeling to have to sit there and watch the computer screw up your team royally. It's one thing to have it all hit you after the fact (like NKy getting hated Bengals Carson and Rudi in our league), but it must be torturous to watch it unfold right before your eyes and you can't do anything about it!

Chadman
08-22-2008, 11:41 PM

It must be a helpless feeling to have to sit there and watch the computer screw up your team royally. It's one thing to have it all hit you after the fact (like NKy getting hated Bengals Carson and Rudi in our league), but it must be torturous to watch it unfold right before your eyes and you can't do anything about it!

You could say that...

So far- Romo, Owens, L Coles, S Moss, Rudi Johnson, Selvin Young, Witten, LJ Smith, Philly D, Keading, Deshaun Foster, Warrick Dunn, Deion Branch..

NKySteeler
08-22-2008, 11:41 PM

...Did I hear my name?..... :wink: .... Yes, I got stuck with two Bungles in the "computer draft" since I was on vacation with the kids... But I dropped Rudi... I really can't believe you picked him up, though... He is the third best RB on the team, and Marvin said he's just simply competing for a spot on the team in general since he hasn't played a game since last November w/o injury... The stats on our page are skewed, brother... Watson or Perry will gain the starting honors.... Trust me.

...But getting what "is given" to you is a hard pill to swallow....

Chadman
08-23-2008, 06:10 AM
Ok, Chadman's squad after the draft reads..

QB- Tony Romo & Tarvaris Jackson

RB- Rudi Johnson, Selvin Young, Warrick Dunn & DeShaun Foster

WR- Terrell Owens, Laveraneus Coles, Santana Moss, Reggie Brown, Deion Branch & Roydell Williams

TE- Jason Witten & LJ Smith

K- Nate Keading & John Kasay

DEF- Philadelphia & Cincinnati

There are a couple of potential FA pick-ups that Chadman is currently looking into as well...

Obviously RB is a weakness as far as depth goes. If Johnson & Young can be 'every down backs' this season, the starters should hold up ok. Dunn & Foster are really back-ups, so hopefully Chadman won't have to lean on them too much.

Romo at QB is very satsfying. He should put up plenty of good points. Jackson...could surprise.

WR is definately a strong point for Chadman, with T.O., Coles & Moss likely to be the #1 targets for their teams, as well as Reggir Brown possibly filling that role for the Eagles. Branch could be back for the season opener, so he's a quality pick-up too. Williams might force his way into the starting line-up as well.

TE- Chadman is very comfortable with both Witten & Smith, both guys are key contributors for their teams.

The kickers...who cares really? Keading & Kasay are solid.

Philly on defence have that 'big play' ability that racks up points in FF, the Bengals are very dubious though...

While it's not the strongest team Chadman has ever had in FF, considering the amount of teams in the comp & that Chadman drafted last in round 1...not a bad effort.

Add to that, Chadman couldn't log in to the live draft & was at the mercy of the yahoo bean counters!!

AngryAsian
08-23-2008, 08:35 AM

WR- Terrell Owens, Laveraneus Coles, Santana Moss, Reggie Brown, Deion Branch & Roydell Williams

There are a couple of potential FA pick-ups that Chadman is currently looking into as well...

Obviously RB is a weakness as far as depth goes. If Johnson & Young can be 'every down backs' this season, the starters should hold up ok. Dunn & Foster are really back-ups, so hopefully Chadman won't have to lean on them too much.

Romo at QB is very satsfying. He should put up plenty of good points. Jackson...could surprise.

WR is definately a strong point for Chadman, with T.O., Coles & Moss likely to be the #1 targets for their teams, as well as Reggir Brown possibly filling that role for the Eagles. Branch could be back for the season opener, so he's a quality pick-up too. Williams might force his way into the starting line-up as well.

TE- Chadman is very comfortable with both Witten & Smith, both guys are key contributors for their teams.

Philly on defence have that 'big play' ability that racks up points in FF, the Bengals are very dubious though...

While it's not the strongest team Chadman has ever had in FF, considering the amount of teams in the comp & that Chadman drafted last in round 1...not a bad effort.

Add to that, Chadman couldn't log in to the live draft & was at the mercy of the yahoo bean counters!!

Very nice draft, but you are right the RB tier sure looks suspect. Good luck this year. The Dunn pick should yield you better statistics than most, one of my all time favorites. Your WR corps looks quite meaty. I think both your D's are the real weaknesses.

Chadman
08-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Let's get to know the other teams...

The "Les 74's"..

QB's- Ben Roethlisberger & Alex Smith

RB's- Marshawn Lynch, Chester Taylor, Ahman Green & Kevin Faulk.

WR's- DJ Hackett, Drew Bennett, Ted Ginn Jnr, Jabar Gaffney, Demetrius Williams & James Jones

TE's- Ben Watson & Marcedes Lewis

K's- Gostkowski & Akers

DEF's- Jax & San Diego...

Ok, in Chadman's opinion, this eam will lean HEAVILY on Ben, Lynch & the D's....much like Chadman's team in the RB catagory- a bit weak...WR's are full of potential...might surprise..TE's are good, solid picks.

All in all, not a bad group for Les 74 & a team that could compete...if injury doesn't hurt him too much...

Chadman
08-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Also on the "Les 74's"....possibly the strongest defences he could pick- GREAT pick-ups..

Chadman
08-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Now...on to "The Tanker's" run by Frankthetank...

QB's- Matt Schaub & Phil Rivers

RB's- Michael Turner, Ernest Graham & Chris Perry

WR's- Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Javon Walker, Marvin Harrison, Justin Gage, ARE & Limas Sweed

TE's- Dallas Clark & Greg Olsen

K's- Bironas & Gould

DEF's- Dallas & Arizona

VERY thin at RB...but Turner could be an EXCELLENT pick...both QB's are strong, Rivers MARGINALLY better for Chadman...the WR's are the strength though...VERY good group with only Sweed a question mark- all the others should score well...TE's are also very solid...Dallas DEF is good, but not sure about Zona...

This team will go as far as the WR's, Rivers & Turner will take them...if they play well, this is a team that'll score very highly...if they don't perform, it could be a long season...

BIG FAN
08-25-2008, 01:04 AM
I came in on our draft, with about the last four picks. Will still beat you.
I got a gimpy qb, and three rookies. :shock:

Chadman
08-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Now- "Calm Killin" run by calmkiller....

QB's- Matt Hasselbeck & Eli Manning

RB's- Laurence Maroney, Brandon Jacobs, Jonathon Stewart, Ladell Betts & Michael Bush

WR's- Santonio Holmes, Donald Driver, Anthony Gonzalez, Sidney Rice & Laurent Robinson

TE's- Antonio Gates & Kevin Boss

K's- Crosby & Longwell

DEF's- The New York Football Giants & KC...

Strong reliance on the SB champs- Manning, Jacobs & the DEF should score well...Gates is a great pick-up, the WR's are good- Holmes should go well this year...Should be lots of points in a few of the RB's- short yardage opportunities abound..Hasselbeck isn't a bad option either at QB- not much drop-off between his 2 QB's..a dark horse...

RuthlessBurgher

Sometimes it is not the best idea in fantasy to lean too heavily on one team, because if they have a bad week, you will likely lose your matchup, but there are a few teams that would be exceptions to that rule, and one of them this year would be the Cowboys in my opinion. You will be leaning on Romo, T.O., and Witten an awful lot this year, and your fantasy success will tend to rise and fall with "How the Cowboys Turn" (soap opera analogy intentional). The guy you are facing in week one should just give up now, because imagine how many points you will score with Romo, T.O., and Witten against that awful Browns' secondary.

I drafted T.O. myself, and just recently made a trade to acquire Romo as well (coincidentally giving up your RB's Rudi and Selvin in the deal along with the QB I originally drafted, Hasselbeck). I needed an early season points boost because I drafted Brandon Marshall who will be suspended for the first few games, so I am looking for those hated Cowboys to come out of the gates with guns a-blazin' (one of the very few times in my life where I will want Dallas to win, when they are playing the even-more-hated Browns in week 1).

Chadman

How did you get in?? It wouldn't let Chadman log in at all!!

Chadman
08-25-2008, 01:13 AM

Sometimes it is not the best idea in fantasy to lean too heavily on one team, because if they have a bad week, you will likely lose your matchup, but there are a few teams that would be exceptions to that rule, and one of them this year would be the Cowboys in my opinion. You will be leaning on Romo, T.O., and Witten an awful lot this year, and your fantasy success will tend to rise and fall with "How the Cowboys Turn" (soap opera analogy intentional). The guy you are facing in week one should just give up now, because imagine how many points you will score with Romo, T.O., and Witten against that awful Browns' secondary.

I drafted T.O. myself, and just recently made a trade to acquire Romo as well (coincidentally giving up your RB's Rudi and Selvin in the deal along with the QB I originally drafted, Hasselbeck). I needed an early season points boost because I drafted Brandon Marshall who will be suspended for the first few games, so I am looking for those hated Cowboys to come out of the gates with guns a-blazin' (one of the very few times in my life where I will want Dallas to win, when they are playing the even-more-hated Browns in week 1).

Very true...BUT...Chadman's back-ups for his "Boys" are Jackson at QB, Reggie Brown from the Eagles & LJ Smith from the Eagles- 3 pretty good options...hopefully it'll keep Chadman competitive...

Chadman
08-25-2008, 01:20 AM
"Philly's Cougar Bait" from Phillesq...

QB's- David Garrard & JaMarcus Russell

RB's- Brian Westbrook, Willie Parker, Fred Taylor, Chris Brown, Jerious Norwood, Andre Hall & Brandon Jackson

WR's- Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Joey Galloway, Isaac Bruce, DeSean Jackson & Chad Jackson.

TE's- Tony Gonzalez

K's- Elam

DEF's- Tampa Bay

Well- THIS is a strong team. Very good RB stock, solid to very good WR group..and Tony Gonzalez in the mix too....Interesting that this team contains Brandon Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Chad Jackson & Fred Taylor & David Garrard from JACKSONville..is this the "Jackson 5"?

Very hard to look past this group as a strong contender at this stage...and if they don't win- blame it on the boogie...

RuthlessBurgher
08-25-2008, 01:30 AM

RB's- Brian Westbrook, Willie Parker, Fred Taylor, Chris Brown, Jerious Norwood, Andre Hall & Brandon Jackson

WR's- Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Joey Galloway, Isaac Bruce, DeSean Jackson & Chad Jackson.

TE's- Tony Gonzalez

K's- Elam

DEF's- Tampa Bay

Well- THIS is a strong team. Very good RB stock, solid to very good WR group..and Tony Gonzalez in the mix too....Interesting that this team contains Brandon Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Chad Jackson & Fred Taylor & David Garrard from JACKSONville..is this the "Jackson 5"?

Very hard to look past this group as a strong contender at this stage...and if they don't win- blame it on the boogie...

That is an awful lot of Jacksons (and a pretty strong fantasy team). I always thought it would be fun to draft the most confusing fantasy team ever. For example, the team could have both WR's named Steve Smith on the same team, both RB's named Adrian Peterson on the same team, both Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez and Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez (even though they use different forms, Tony and Anthony are still the same name).

Chadman
08-25-2008, 01:32 AM
The "Hotty Toddy's"..run by 'Anon'...

Before we start...the "Hotty Toddy's" are NOT run by Chadwoman, despite some people's claims it is her, and while we are at it- 'Anon' is NOt Chadman's "bitch" as some might have claimed- as you all know, that title belongs to Chavezz. "Anon' IS a female Steelers fan that Chadman found on Facebook & Chadman is trying to get her to join here...just so you know...

Speaking of Facebook- Chadman is now 'FRIENDS' with both LaMarr Woodley & Trai Essex.. :Beer

Ok, the "Hotty Toddy's"...

QB- Derek Anderson & Jon Kitna

RB- Marion Barber, Edge James, justin Fargas, Leon Washington & Jesse Chapman.

WR- Chad Johnson, Bobby Engram, Kevin Curtis & Kevin Walter

TE- Tony Scheffler & Desmond Clark

K- Graham & Brown

DEF- Patriots, Jets & Lions

Chadman originally thought this was a strong team, but on reflection, there are some holes. Anderson should put up big numbers again & Kitna can do the same...Barber is Chadman's favourite RB pick in FF this year, James is a solid #2...the other RB's offer some value in spot duty...the WR's...hmm...outside of Chad J, this is a weak group...might need to address that Anon...the TE's are solid, if unspectacular & the Patriots defence is generally very good.

If the WR situation can get fixed up, this team could compete...as it stands, they might struggle...

Chadman
08-25-2008, 01:38 AM
"Steel Crazy"...

QB's- Drew Brees & Brett Favre

RB's- Addai, Jamal Lewis, Lendale White, Kenny Watson, Dom Rhodes & Derrick Ward

WR's- Colston, Patrick Crayton, Reggie Williams, Nate Washington, Ronald Curry, Shaun McDonald & Chris Henry

TE's- Chris Cooley

K's- Hanson

DEF's- Washington

This team will lean heavily on Brees to Colston, but with that you have a nice sprinkle of good players- Favre, Crayton, Williams, Cooley, Addai & Lewis should all add some valuable points. Chadman's 'surprise packet' pick on this team- Shaun McDonald could get more points than people originally would have thought- watch out for him..

BIG FAN
08-25-2008, 01:51 AM

How did you get in?? It wouldn't let Chadman log in at all!!

More's the pity.

RuthlessBurgher
08-25-2008, 02:01 AM
The "Hotty Toddy's"..run by 'Anon'...

Before we start...the "Hotty Toddy's" are NOT run by Chadwoman, despite some people's claims it is her, and while we are at it- 'Anon' is NOt Chadman's "bitch" as some might have claimed- as you all know, that title belongs to Chavezz. "Anon' IS a female Steelers fan that Chadman found on Facebook & Chadman is trying to get her to join here...just so you know...

Speaking of Facebook- Chadman is now 'FRIENDS' with both LaMarr Woodley & Trai Essex.. :Beer

Ok, the "Hotty Toddy's"...

QB- Derek Anderson & Jon Kitna

RB- Marion Barber, Edge James, justin Fargas, Leon Washington & Jesse Chapman.

WR- Chad Johnson, Bobby Engram, Kevin Curtis & Kevin Walter

TE- Tony Scheffler & Desmond Clark

K- Graham & Brown

DEF- Patriots, Jets & Lions

Chadman originally thought this was a strong team, but on reflection, there are some holes. Anderson should put up big numbers again & Kitna can do the same...Barber is Chadman's favourite RB pick in FF this year, James is a solid #2...the other RB's offer some value in spot duty...the WR's...hmm...outside of Chad J, this is a weak group...might need to address that Anon...the TE's are solid, if unspectacular & the Patriots defence is generally very good.

If the WR situation can get fixed up, this team could compete...as it stands, they might struggle...

Don't you start 3 WR's each week (not including your RB/WR flex spot)? Someone needs to let the anonymous lady know that 2 of her 4 wideouts (Engram and Curtis) will be sidelined indefinitely with a cracked shoulder and hernia surgery, respectively, plus Ocho Cinco may still be doubtful with a separated shoulder of his own, so when Kevin Walter is her only healthy option at WR right now, she better scour the waiver wire for some reinforcements, pronto! If she took your advice and came over to this board, she could have read this message herself and would already know these valuable tidbits. Get her over here, Chadman (we could use a few more females among us...other than NC Steeler Fan and Motter, it is getting to be a sausage fest over here!) :lol:

Bob
08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry guys about missing the draft. I had no power due to TS Fay in Florida. I have not checked the site, who did I get?

phillyesq
08-25-2008, 09:37 PM

TE's- Tony Gonzalez

K's- Elam

DEF's- Tampa Bay

I put a lot of work into pre-ranking my players, which worked out well, as I got in late and missed the first two rounds. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my auto-rankings gave me Westbrook and FWP with my first two picks.

I know that my Jackson's are all boom and bust types. I think that I'll be in really good shape if just one of them pans out. My board fell to me very nicely -- Fred Taylor doesn't get a lot of love b/c of MJD, but he was a great value in the 8th.

This is the first time that I've felt good about my team coming out of a draft. But I know that being a pre-season favorite in fantasy football is no guarantee of success. My biggest regret was going into the season with Russell as my backup QB -- I would have liked to have better depth there, but overall, I'm pretty happy with my squad.

Chadman
08-25-2008, 11:11 PM
ALL MANAGERS PLEASE NOTE- KICK RETURNS & PUNT RETURNS YARDS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE POINTS SCORING SYSTEM- 1 POINT FOR EVERY 10 YARDS GAINED.

RuthlessBurgher
08-25-2008, 11:39 PM
ALL MANAGERS PLEASE NOTE- KICK RETURNS & PUNT RETURNS YARDS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE POINTS SCORING SYSTEM- 1 POINT FOR EVERY 10 YARDS GAINED.

As an impartial judge not in this league, I don't think I agree with a change in the scoring structure after the draft. If this scoring system was in effect prior to your draft, Devin Hester, for example, would have been a hot commodity during the draft. But because there were no points granted for return yardage prior to the draft, he was not as sought after as he might have otherwise been. Just my :2c

Chadman
08-26-2008, 12:13 AM

As an impartial judge not in this league, I don't think I agree with a change in the scoring structure after the draft. If this scoring system was in effect prior to your draft, Devin Hester, for example, would have been a hot commodity during the draft. But because there were no points granted for return yardage prior to the draft, he was not as sought after as he might have otherwise been. Just my :2c

Hmmm...good point..Chadman will put it to a vote for all managers...just note though- only YARDAGE has been added, TD's were already in the scoring system prior to the draft...

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Hmmm...good point..Chadman will put it to a vote for all managers...just note though- only YARDAGE has been added, TD's were already in the scoring system prior to the draft...

One point for every 10 kick or punt return yards is exceptionally HUGE, though. If you give Hester only 1 point for every 10 receiving & rushing yards, plus 6 points for every TD, but nothing for return yards, he had a total of 76 fantasy points last year (299 receiving yards is 29 points, -10 rushing yards is -1 point, 2 receiving TD's is 12 points, 2 kick return TD's is 12 points, and 4 punt return TD's is 24 points = 76 points). That would put him somewhere between Muhsin Muhammad (57 points for 570 receiving yards and 18 points for 3 TD's = 75 points) and Ike Hilliard (72 points for 722 receiving yards and 6 points for 1 TD = 78 points).

However, if you add 1 point for every 10 punt and kickoff return yards, that gives him 235 points (add 93 points for 934 kick return yards and 65 points for 651 punt return yards to his previous total). 235 points is the second highest total for any WR behind only Randy Moss (149 points for 1,493 yards and 138 points for 23 TD's = 287 points). That's more than T.O. (135 points for 1,355 yards and 90 points for 15 TD's = 225 points), Braylon (128 points for 1,289 yards and 96 points for 16 TD's = 224 points), Wayne (151 points for 1,510 yards and 60 points for 10 TD's = 211 points), and everyone else.

If you keep this rule, whoever has Hester just went from having a mid-to-late round sleeper candidate at WR to having a guy who should have been considered for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick because of all of those guaranteed return yards. The difference is that significant.

Chadman
08-26-2008, 01:14 AM

One point for every 10 kick or punt return yards is exceptionally HUGE, though. If you give Hester only 1 point for every 10 receiving & rushing yards, plus 6 points for every TD, but nothing for return yards, he had a total of 76 fantasy points last year (299 receiving yards is 29 points, -10 rushing yards is -1 point, 2 receiving TD's is 12 points, 2 kick return TD's is 12 points, and 4 punt return TD's is 24 points = 76 points). That would put him somewhere between Muhsin Muhammad (57 points for 570 receiving yards and 18 points for 3 TD's = 75 points) and Ike Hilliard (72 points for 722 receiving yards and 6 points for 1 TD = 78 points).

However, if you add 1 point for every 10 punt and kickoff return yards, that gives him 235 points (add 93 points for 934 kick return yards and 65 points for 651 punt return yards to his previous total). 235 points is the second highest total for any WR behind only Randy Moss (149 points for 1,493 yards and 138 points for 23 TD's = 287 points). That's more than T.O. (135 points for 1,355 yards and 90 points for 15 TD's = 225 points), Braylon (128 points for 1,289 yards and 96 points for 16 TD's = 224 points), Wayne (151 points for 1,510 yards and 60 points for 10 TD's = 211 points), and everyone else.

If you keep this rule, whoever has Hester just went from having a mid-to-late round sleeper candidate at WR to having a guy who should have been considered for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick because of all of those guaranteed return yards. The difference is that significant.

Wow...hadn't realised it was that big a change!! Ok- Chadman will scrap that idea & look at just giving points for the TD's...

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 01:22 AM

Wow...hadn't realised it was that big a change!! Ok- Chadman will scrap that idea & look at just giving points for the TD's...

If you still want to put it to a vote to include return yardage in your league, I would recommend perhaps 1 point for every 50 kick and punt return yards. That would have given Hester an extra 31 points, bringing his total from 76 to 107. That seems a bit more reasonable. You get a little bonus for having a guy that has return skills, but even the premier return guy in the league would only average about 2 extra points per week for his return yardage.

papillon
09-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I would like to point out that the noob to this whole fantasy football thing won his matchup this past weekend. :tt2

Pappy's Warriors defeated Chad's champs 82-79 by the slimmest of margins, but, does earn the bragging rights to Chadman! :Cheers

Here's a shout out to Hotty Toddy the next victim of the noob. :evil:

Pappy

Chadman
09-10-2008, 02:47 AM
I would like to point out that the noob to this whole fantasy football thing won his matchup this past weekend. :tt2

Pappy's Warriors defeated Chad's champs 82-79 by the slimmest of margins, but, does earn the bragging rights to Chadman! :Cheers

Pappy

Damn Noobies... :x

Chadman has been a touch slack & will be giving his weekly wrap-up of events later either today or tomorrow...

Never should have invited Pappy... :D

papillon
09-10-2008, 08:28 AM

Pappy

Damn Noobies... :x

Chadman has been a touch slack & will be giving his weekly wrap-up of events later either today or tomorrow...

Never should have invited Pappy... :D

hehehehehe... :moon Too late now! :tt2

Pappy

Chadman
09-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Ok, as promised, the weekend review of CHAD'S LEAGUE OF ORDINARY GENTLEMEN...

Game Week 1.

Game 1- Pappy's Warriors (82) vs Chad's Champs (79)

In what turned out to be a surprisingly low scoring match, Pappy gets over the top of Chadman early. Riding on the back of Adrian Peterson & Thomas Jones, Pappy was able to overcome Chadman who was lead well by Tony Romo, T.O. & the Philly defence. So, 1 up to Pap...but there's a few weeks to go....and Noobs always fall on their face at some point..

Game 2- MeetJoeGreene (94) vs Calm Killin (63)

MJG got a good jump & on the back of good performances by Jay Cutler, the Steelers D & Kevin Smith was able to post a good Week 1 score. Calm Killin got very little help from it's WR's & as a result were really up against it. So MJG jumps early & takes a commanding position on the leader board...

Game 3- Joosepiggs (98) vs Hotty Toddy (82)

Joosepiggs got massive help from Don McNabb, Frank Gore & Reggie Bush- all who scored 20 points & up, to really put on a good score. Hotty Toddy was up against it anyway, having very little in depth at WR, so a good score was posted, but all for nothing in the end...

Game 4- Team Bob (82) vs SteelCrazy (71)

Bob gets an early win with a score that would have lost the other three games...so no bragging! Steelcrazy had struggles across the board on Week 1 with only Drew Brees doing his bit to keep this team competitive. Jake Delhomme, Lee Evans, Dwayne bowe & the Ravens D did enough to get Bob over the line..

Game 5- Hoge's Concussions (84) vs Les 74 (50)

2 rookies put Hoge in the winning position- Chris Johnson & Matt Forte. In fact, those 2 on their own nearly beat Les 74...It's hard to understand how a team with Ben Roethlisberger & Marshawn Lynch can only post 50 points...but there you have it!

Game 6- Philly's Cougar Bait (112) vs Chavezz's Chitheads (56)

There was only 2 things that could make losing in Week 1 palatable for Chadman- that Chavezz would lose, and that Chavezz would lose badly. Thankfully, this was the case. :tt1 Brian Westbrook & Willie Parker cemented the win for Philly's boys, while Chavezz has nothing. What a loser. :D

Game 7- The Tankers (107) vs CLOM Bombers (81)

The Tankers put up a great score on the back of Michael Turner's breakout party & solid efforts from Matt Schaub, Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne & Earnest Graham. It'll be interesting to see how much Brady's injury effects Moss' output this season...CLOM actually didn't perform too badly, but came up against a hot team.

STANDINGS:

1. Philly's Cougar Bait 1-0-0 1.000 112 W-1 9 4
2. The Tankers 1-0-0 1.000 107 W-1 11 2
3. JoosePiggs 1-0-0 1.000 98 W-1 5 -
4. MeetJoeGreene 1-0-0 1.000 94 W-1 7 1
5. Hoge's Concussions 1-0-0 1.000 84 W-1 3 2
6. Pappy's Warriors 1-0-0 1.000 82 W-1 8 -
7. Team Bob 1-0-0 1.000 82 W-1 2 1
8. Hotty Toddy 0-1-0 .000 82 L-1 6 -
9. C.L.O.M. Bombers. 0-1-0 .000 81 L-1 4 8
10. Chad's Champs 0-1-0 .000 79 L-1 12 6
11. SteelCrazy 0-1-0 .000 71 L-1 13 7
12. Calm Killin 0-1-0 .000 63 L-1 14 1
13. Chavezz'z Chitheads 0-1-0 .000 56 L-1 10 1
14. Les 74 0-1-0 .000 50 L-1 1 -

BIG FAN
09-11-2008, 02:58 AM
I think I rebound a little this week.
Les and I look like a better match up for me.

phillyesq
09-11-2008, 07:28 AM
I always enjoy a dominating performance from my fantasy football team.

But I love it when the dominating performance is anchored by one of the Steelers! It was great to see Fast Willie Parker find the endzone three teams. He looked great, both for the Cougar Bait, and more importantly, for the Steelers.

:tt2

Jooser
09-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks Chad, it's been a great start for the Piggs. The season is young and I am sure there'll be many twists and turns upcoming.

MeetJoeGreene
09-11-2008, 09:51 AM
I paid absolutely no attention to my roster and I won.

Now this week I did some mucking around - and I will probably suck!!!

Hey -- Limas Sweed and Nate are both available!!!

papillon
09-11-2008, 10:25 AM
For this noob the following rings true..."ignorance is bliss" :P

Pappy

phillyesq
09-11-2008, 10:28 AM

Since we're matched up against each other, I certainly hope so! :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
09-11-2008, 12:36 PM

I never trash talk with lawyers -- you are so lucky.
:tt1 :twisted:

phillyesq
09-11-2008, 02:19 PM

Oh, come on, we're people just like everybody else. Well, um, at least some of us are. :wink:

MeetJoeGreene
09-15-2008, 05:31 PM

Oh, come on, we're people just like everybody else. Well, um, at least some of us are. :wink:

Somebody is hoping for a MONSTER game from Westbrook tonite... as in 38 points!!! :stirpot :moon :tt2 :lol:

phillyesq
09-15-2008, 07:55 PM

Somebody is hoping for a MONSTER game from Westbrook tonite... as in 38 points!!! :stirpot :moon :tt2 :lol:

Ugh... and it kills me to root for the eagles. Not that rooting for the cowboys is any better...

Chadman
09-15-2008, 08:07 PM
With Romo, T.O. & the Eagles D up tonight, and only 2 points behind Bob going into the game, looks like Chadman will be 1-1 after this weekend..

On the downside, unless Patrick Crayton pulls out a 60 point game for SteelCrazy, it appears Chadman's nemisis has his first win for the season too...