PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Berger and Big Snack

SteelerNation1
08-10-2008, 04:51 PM
It looks like the Steelers may sign P Mitch Berger and Big Snack is back at practice!

http://pod08.prospero.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?webtag=KDKA_Sports

NKySteeler
08-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanx for the "heads-up" SN... :wink:

It looks as though the Steelers are looking for competition for punter Paul Ernster. Jory Rand reports to me that veteran punter Mitch Berger is on the field and practicing with the team. He is wearing #17. Berger last punted in the NFL with Arizona (2007). Prior to that, he was with New Orleans from 2003 until 2006. Berger is 36 years old.

While I wasn't necessarily disappointed in Ernsters' effort on Friday, competition is always good... So now the fans in Arizona will be saying we're taking THIER rejects.... :wink:

Nose tackle Casey Hampton is finally back in pad practicing with the team. I'm assuming that he no longer is on the PUP list.

We all knew Hampton would be back before too long. It's now time for him to shed the pounds by "full-contact" drills with the rest of the squad...

AkronSteel
08-10-2008, 05:08 PM
I am glad to see them bring in another punter. I was not impressed at all with Ernster and I think that Berger will be a nice addition.

Glad to see Casey back and practicing, it will be nice to have the starting DL out there on Thursday for cohesion purposes. They have played together for a while but the practice won't hurt. Plus, Snack needs to get hit in the mouth before 9/7 just to get back in the flow.

Snatch98
08-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Ernster had a couple of nice punts early and kicked out of the endzone on another occasion. I thought he did pretty well and was certainly pleased with his performance, at least early on.

BIG FAN
08-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah Buddy!
Big Snack back to work. Good news indeed.

MeetJoeGreene
08-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Mentioning Hampton and Berger (which rhymes with BURGER) in the same sentence just gave Casey the munchies.

I wonder if Casey could run the wind sprints tomorrow if he hd to.

SteelerNation1
08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Mentioning Hampton and Berger (which rhymes with BURGER) in the same sentence just gave Casey the munchies.

Just read in the Post-Gazette that the only reason the Steelers brought in Burger was for Big Snack to chase around campus to try to shed some pounds.

AkronSteel
08-10-2008, 10:13 PM

Just read in the Post-Gazette that the only reason the Steelers brought in Burger was for Big Snack to chase around campus to try to shed some pounds.

That's pretty good, I almost spit water all over my laptop on that one!!! LMAO

SteelerNation1
08-10-2008, 10:22 PM

That's pretty good, I almost spit water all over my laptop on that one!!! LMAO
Akron,
I was only half kidding! :lol: :lol: :lol: