PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Batch

AkronSteel
08-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Out 4-6 weeks with a broker collarbone. So who do we sign? Culpepper, Pennington, someone else? This is not a good loss to have after one preseason game!! :(

Shawn
08-08-2008, 09:52 PM
If Culpepper is around I think thats the choice. Dixon is not going to be ready this season.

NKySteeler
08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Pennington is in Mia.... We will be left with scrubs.... Better hope that the O-line can protect Ben.

Ozey74
08-08-2008, 10:27 PM
If Culpepper is around I think thats the choice. Dixon is not going to be ready this season.

:Agree

This would be the way to go.

What was Batch thinkin', droppin' his MFin' shoulder?

costanza2k1
08-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Leftwich is still out there as well

Ozey74
08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Leftwich is still out there as well

If he can provide us secrets to the Jag's playbook, then I think we should sign him up!!

:tt1

Flasteel
08-08-2008, 10:42 PM
The way Batch was swinging his arms coming off the field, I'm inclined to believe that it wasn't a severe fracture. I broke mine once in high school and stayed in for a play, but when I went off, I wasn't moving the arm too much. I would say four or five weeks (then again I'm being optimistically hopefull with absolutely no insight to the injury). Do we really need to go out and sign a capable vet? I can see maybe another camp arm, but Batch may only miss one or two regular season games.

costanza2k1
08-08-2008, 10:44 PM
A list of free agents from nfl.com

Daunte Culpepper
Kelly Holcomb
Byron Leftwich
Tim Rattay
Chris Weinke
Jamie Martin

This may not be accurate any longer

costanza2k1
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
I wonder how long it will take Batch to recover based on his football age of 116 years old.

Ozey74
08-08-2008, 10:48 PM

Daunte Culpepper
Kelly Holcomb
Byron Leftwich
Tim Rattay
Chris Weinke
Jamie Martin

What team is Teataverde on this year? :D

SteelTorch
08-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Anyone mind filling me in on how the F*** this happened?

Flasteel
08-08-2008, 11:05 PM

A broken play where Moore went the wrong way and missed the hand-off. Batch started scrambling and fighting for yards, lowered his shoulder, then got it planted. He played one more snap and handed the ball off, but then went down for good.

Ozey74
08-08-2008, 11:06 PM

Batch put his shoulder into a tackle that he should of just ran out of bounds or laid low on.

SteelTorch
08-08-2008, 11:08 PM

A broken play where Moore went the wrong way and missed the hand-off. Batch started scrambling and fighting for yards, lowered his shoulder, then got it planted. He played one more snap and handed the ball off, but then went down for good.
So, something that was completely avoidable. Nice.

Batch, I love you, but that was a bonehead move. You're a vet and should know better than that.

Ozey74
08-08-2008, 11:11 PM

Batch, I love you, but that was a bonehead move. You're a vet and should know better than that.

I was thinkin' the same thing. I suppose that the competitor in him came out and that is why he got himself in the situation that he is in now....

Ozey74
08-08-2008, 11:17 PM
The Steelers have to sign someone. Or else Dixon is going to get way too much PT the next 3 weeks!!!

Culpepper may come cheap since nobody seems to want him

BURGH86STEEL
08-08-2008, 11:20 PM

Preseason or not a lot of players play the game the only way the know how.

Flasteel
08-08-2008, 11:27 PM

Preseason or not a lot of players play the game the only way the know how.

That's exactly right. No one can rag on Charlie too hard for this and most of us were cheering the effort until we saw him go down a play later. Kudos to the old bastard for giving it all he had! :lol:

steelcityrules!!
08-08-2008, 11:32 PM
i think i'd rather have holcomb for our offense than culpepper.

Shawn
08-09-2008, 12:07 AM

Daunte Culpepper
Kelly Holcomb
Byron Leftwich
Tim Rattay
Chris Weinke
Jamie Martin

Call me a freak but I like Holcomb...streaky but the guy can light it up when he is on.

blacknblue80s
08-09-2008, 01:11 AM

Daunte Culpepper
Kelly Holcomb
Byron Leftwich
Tim Rattay
Chris Weinke
Jamie Martin

Call me a freak but I like Holcomb...streaky but the guy can light it up when he is on.

It just wouldn't feel right having a former Brown playing for the Steelers.

NKySteeler
08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
It wasn't Batchs' fault.... He was battling as any player would.... **** happens. Period.

Just my opinion, but I'd take Holcomb.... Culpepper is washed-up.....

Steel Life
08-09-2008, 02:38 AM
I believe that Holcomb has a f*cked up shoulder & retired. Besides, of the guys listed, Culpepper is the only one who can do anything on the run if he had to.

Just bring Zabransky back since he's been with the team recently, give Dixon the reps & when Batch is healed cut him loose again. This might actually light a fire under Dixon by showing how close he is to really playing.

AngryAsian
08-09-2008, 07:25 AM

Daunte Culpepper
Kelly Holcomb
Byron Leftwich
Tim Rattay
Chris Weinke
Jamie Martin

It just wouldn't feel right having a former Brown playing for the Steelers.

I hear you on the Holcomb suggestion. A former Brown? Bring in Weinke or Culpepper.

SeaOracle
08-09-2008, 08:45 AM
This is what I hate about pre-season. What a waste. After all, in pre-season the #1 goal is to avoid injury. Good luck on getting Batch healthy.

SO

Uncle Rico
08-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Looks like Leftwich is a good possibility.

http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/con ... FL&id=1478 (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=1478)

RuthlessBurgher
08-09-2008, 10:41 AM
i think i'd rather have holcomb for our offense than culpepper.

http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1150

Ghost
08-11-2008, 10:09 AM
If Ben goes down and Leftwhich plays like he did in Atlanta last year then the team is royally screwed! He was so bad with the Falcons last year that Chris Redmon, who had been out of the league, beat him out and the birds just released BL. He was slow, inaccurate, and a total bust of a signing for them.

Wondering what the coaches saw in the tryout.

frankthetank1
08-11-2008, 10:31 AM
If Ben goes down and Leftwhich plays like he did in Atlanta last year then the team is royally screwed! He was so bad with the Falcons last year that Chris Redmon, who had been out of the league, beat him out and the birds just released BL. He was slow, inaccurate, and a total bust of a signing for them.

there is a huge difference between the falcons and steelers. culpepper also looked awful last year with the raiders and the year before that with the dolphins

Ghost
08-11-2008, 10:49 AM

there is a huge difference between the falcons and steelers. culpepper also looked awful last year with the raiders and the year before that with the dolphins

OK. If that helps you sleep at night Frank :wink:

I live in Atlanta and watched him. He f'n sucked!!!! Downright attrocious. They thought Chris Redmon and Joey Harrington were better options to keep on the team. Bad team or not, that's saying something.

frankthetank1
08-11-2008, 10:53 AM

OK. If that helps you sleep at night Frank :wink:

I live in Atlanta and watched him. He f'n sucked!!!! Downright attrocious. They thought Chris Redmon and Joey Harrington were better options to keep on the team. Bad team or not, that's saying something.

just stating the obvious thats all. im sure he would look a lot better with hines, holmes and the rest instead of roddy white and jenkins. leftwich will be a back up, how many back up qb's are better than him? i wouldnt think too many. he was good in jax, gerrard is just a good qb