PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line!

AkronSteel
08-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I thought the starting OL looked pretty good on the first drive with Ben and the rest of the starters. They got some pretty good push and protected Ben pretty well on his couple of throws. What the heck was Chuck looking at? He looked terrible tonight, I hope that he will be okay though or Pennington may be on the quick dial!

Shawn
08-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I thought the starting OL looked pretty good on the first drive with Ben and the rest of the starters. They got some pretty good push and protected Ben pretty well on his couple of throws. What the heck was Chuck looking at? He looked terrible tonight, I hope that he will be okay though or Pennington may be on the quick dial!

They looked good against vanilla blitz schemes. We shall see what they are made of come week 1 of the regular season.

NKySteeler
08-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I thought they looked "alright" at best... Later in the quarter/half I did not see the protection, let alone run blocking, that I would have liked.... But it is very early in the preseason....

Shawn
08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I thought they looked "alright" at best... Later in the quarter/half I did not see the protection, let alone run blocking, that I would have liked.... But it is very early in the preseason....

Hill reminds me of Starks...slow and lost. I hope he gets alot better because we have really drafted some duds on the OL.

AkronSteel
08-08-2008, 09:47 PM
All I was saying was they looked pretty good with Ben and the rest of the starters. Willie and Rashard looked good on that first drive. Thats all I was saying. They have alot of work to do. I am interested to see what happens with Hartwig in the lineup next week!

Ozey74
08-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I think our o-line looked good just because they gave up no sacks!!!!

:tt2

NKySteeler
08-08-2008, 10:19 PM

They damn well better not at this point..... Ben needs to be protected "big time".

Ozey74
08-08-2008, 10:24 PM

They damn well better not at this point..... Ben needs to be protected "big time".

This is what my brother & I were discussing at halftime. If Ben can have a line, the sky is the limit for his production!!!!

anger 82&95
08-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I thought his quote from ESPN was quite humorous: “The Steelers' two biggest questions coming into the game were answered. With Alan Faneca gone, offensive line protected Roethlisberger and opened large holes for Mendenhall and Willie Parker, who was coming off a broken leg that ended his 2007 season.”

Steely76
08-09-2008, 10:32 AM

Chuck?

Shawn
08-09-2008, 11:19 AM

Chuck?

Batch.