PDA

View Full Version : Leaving to Latrobe!!

Djfan
08-06-2008, 09:03 PM
We leave for the airport in a couple of hours. Can't wait!!

Off to St. Vincent's, pilgrimage to Canton, SCM Sit-Down http://www.steelcitymafia.com, tailgate and game on Friday, eat cardio-vascularly offensive food until I drop, and buy way too much Steeler stuff.

I will update this thread with the goings on as it goes on. Bought a new camera for the occasion.

stlrz d
08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Safe travels and have a great time!

NKySteeler
08-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Have a good one, DJ......

Ozey74
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Have a great time!!

:tt2

costanza2k1
08-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh man that's awesome...take some pics if you can and share them if you don't mind...

fordfixer
08-06-2008, 09:17 PM
have fun :tt1

Djfan
08-07-2008, 01:31 AM
So, Mrs. Fan and I arrive at the ticket counter and the girl there says "My ex-boyfriend used to play for the Steelers!"

"Who is he?" I kindly ask.

"Cedrick Wilson" She replies.

"Did he have lousy hands when he dated you?" I ask.

More to come.

Forgot the power cord for laptop. I'm a dummy.

Shawn
08-07-2008, 01:40 AM
SCM throws one heck of a tailgate. :)

steelernation77
08-07-2008, 02:01 AM
So, Mrs. Fan and I arrive at the ticket counter and the girl there says "My ex-boyfriend used to play for the Steelers!"

Was she waving a gun?

Djfan
08-07-2008, 02:39 AM

Was she waving a gun?

Funny. I forgot about that. She is running the check in at an airport. Doubt they hire people who hijack houses with guns to do the "stand off" thing.

If I were her I wouldn't brag about dating him.

Come to think of it, if I were her I would have to have an alternate lifestyle to date Ced, so no chance of it. Besides, I use my handgun for good, not evil.

phillyesq
08-07-2008, 07:35 AM
I've never made it to Latrobe, though I have plenty of time ahead of me. Something big on my to-do list.

Have a great time -- and please send some reports!

frankthetank1
08-07-2008, 08:21 AM

More to come.

did she have a black eye :lol:

Djfan
08-07-2008, 01:29 PM

More to come.

did she have a black eye :lol:

No, but she was a big girl.

In Da Burgh, off to Latrobe right now. Pics later.

Djfan
08-08-2008, 04:34 PM
We're here at Heinz tailgating!!! KDKA and FSN just interviewed a bunch of us, so watch for that. Louis Lipps and a "surprise" former player are showing up soon. Should be a great memory.

Spent about $500 in town on stuff. Love the variety out here!

Great time. Wish you all were here!

proudpittsburgher
08-08-2008, 05:23 PM
have fun, bud

Anyone else going to the Panthers game? I'm coming to town with a few buddies for that one. Really, really looking forward to that day. :tt2

costanza2k1
08-08-2008, 05:24 PM
That's awesome, make sure you share pictures. Louis Lipps was my first favorite Steeler...I'm jealous.

Djfan
08-10-2008, 05:14 AM
LL was an absolute gentleman. His wife is wonderful. It was his birthday, so it was that much better for us. Don't know who the special guest was, but they didn't show.

The game was awesome for me. Went in very early to tour the Great Hall. Incredible.

Tonight we had our SCM Sit Down. Andy Russell was the speaker. It was fantastic. I got his autograph on my Steeler ball, picked up a photo of him, and ended up winning the coveted prize for traveling the furthest to be in attendance - a mini helmet autographed by Mendenhall. He signed it "Get your popcorn ready!" Very cool!

Tomorrow we meet for a brunch with Jon Kolb, then off to St. Vini's for practice and more autographs. Should be fun!

stlrz d
08-10-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm jealous...I gotta get me a DJ gig! :P

Djfan
08-10-2008, 11:33 PM
I would be honored to work with you sir!

I spent the day at training camp. Come to find out that Patrick Williams was there, too. Wish I could have met up with him.

Had a great time, but we're beat! Heading home tomorrow, to load up pics if I can.

NC Steeler Fan
08-11-2008, 12:05 PM
It's T-Minus 3 days, 16 hours and 54 minutes til lift off of
the NC Steeler-mobile on it's annual pilgrimage to Latrobe and
the Eighth annual Steelers Womens' Camp! 8)

If anyone spots a gold Hyundai Accent flying up Route 19 in
WV this Friday with "Raleigh NC to Latrobe PA, ---> Steelers Training
Camp" painted across the back windshield, wave HI! :lol:

Djfan
08-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey NC! I brought a white Steelers football to be signed and paid some little kid $5 to hold it out to the players. I ended up with about 11 sigs - Don't remember all of them but Ike, Davis, and others. Was 2 people away from Ben signing when some fat idiot started pushing and Ben got pissed and skipped down about 10 feet.

Try the "pay the kid" technique.

Pics this week. Promise.

NC Steeler Fan
08-12-2008, 09:28 AM
They'll actually bring two current players up after practice for exclusive
autograph signings for the Women's Camp attendees, but thanks for the tip.

I use the blonde hair/batting-eyeslashes trick otherwise, and it seems
to work pretty well! :wink:

Djfan
08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Mrs. Fan did the same thing. It works on me!