PDA

View Full Version : Favre to Vikings scenario?

LasVegasGuy
08-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Call me crazy but I still see Brett going to the Vikings. I think him and his agent would be foolish not to be discussing a 3 way trade that will send Favre to Minnesota. Don't think Favre doesn't want 2 shots at Green Bay after all they have said about him.

Behind closed doors and away from the Packers brass what would stop Tampa or the Jets from acquiring Favre only to ship him to Minnesota for what the Vikings were offering the Packers? I personally would love to see something like this happen. The Packers would think they had the upper hand shipping him out of the NFC North or into the AFC East only to have him traded minutes later to his new team the Vikings. That would be the first Monday Night game in a long time that I would be excited to watch.

stlrz d
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
There is no way the Packers would do a deal without a clause in the agreement dictating that Favre can not be traded to a divisional opponent.

LasVegasGuy
08-06-2008, 09:22 PM
There is no way the Packers would do a deal without a clause in the agreement dictating that Favre can not be traded to a divisional opponent.

Make sense. Whether or not another team will agree to be told what to do with a player by his ex team is yet to be seen.

stlrz d
08-06-2008, 09:28 PM

Make sense. Whether or not another team will agree to be told what to do with a player by his ex team is yet to be seen.

If they don't agree they don't get him. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if other players traded have had things like this in the trade agreements.

Anything can happen, but I would be floored if they didn't have conditions on the trade!

NKySteeler
08-06-2008, 10:18 PM
... At this point, I think he'll be playing for Tampa.

AngryAsian
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
To the Jets and Chad boy to be dumped elsewhere. Never thought Favre would go out like this.

Iron Shiek
08-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Alot of media guys saying partial reason is so the Jets can try to become somewhat relevant in the area again to sell PSL's for the new stadium. It makes sense, Favre definitely draws attention, while he might not put them over the top, he's worth a couple more wins than the douche bags they already had. People will be talking about them and granted he won't play in the stadium likely, the deed will be done and PSL's bought...

This kind of reminds me of Paris Hilton (or "celebrity") always suddenly having a sex tape leak when they have a new tv show or music album ready to come out. Like they didn't have something to do with its "leak".

LasVegasGuy
08-07-2008, 04:52 PM
My bad. I for one didn't see Favre going to the Jets unless it meant being shipped over to Minnesota. I think the Jets are going to surprise some people. They now have a legitimate quarterback who will have all day to throw behind this offense of line. Give Favre time and he will kill you.

I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Patriots in week 2. Favre won't crumple under the pressure of playing the Patriots like Pennington and Clemens.

Iron Shiek
08-07-2008, 04:54 PM
My bad. I for one didn't see Favre going to the Jets unless it meant being shipped over to Minnesota. I think the Jets are going to surprise some people. They know have a legitimate quarterback who will have all day to throw behind this offense of line. Give Favre time and he will kill you.

I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Patriots in week 2. Favre won't crumple under the pressure of playing the Patriots like Pennington and Clemens.

Yeah that game will come down to the Jets D trying to hang with the Cheats offense. I think the Pats D won't be able to contain the Jets offense, Cotchery will be open all day and will now have a viable deep ball thrower to lob up passes for him to go grab.

LasVegasGuy
08-07-2008, 05:03 PM
My bad. I for one didn't see Favre going to the Jets unless it meant being shipped over to Minnesota. I think the Jets are going to surprise some people. They know have a legitimate quarterback who will have all day to throw behind this offense of line. Give Favre time and he will kill you.

Yeah that game will come down to the Jets D trying to hang with the Cheats offense. I think the Pats D won't be able to contain the Jets offense, Cotchery will be open all day and will now have a viable deep ball thrower to lob up passes for him to go grab.

The Jets played them tight last year even the second game when everyone said it was going to be a massacre. I think this was the only game Brady didn't throw a touchdown reception. The Jets can play with the Patriots and the games this year just got alot more interesting.

What Brady is doing for Moss and the little white guy. Favre will do for Cotchery and Coles.

RuthlessBurgher
08-07-2008, 07:06 PM

The Jets played them tight last year even the second game when everyone said it was going to be a massacre. I think this was the only game Brady didn't throw a touchdown reception. The Jets can play with the Patriots and the games this year just got alot more interesting.

What Brady is doing for Moss and the little white guy. Favre will do for Cotchery and Coles.

"Moss and the Little White Guy"

Sounds like a sitcom idea. :lol:

NKySteeler
08-07-2008, 07:31 PM

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8200/51qlwaqroclsl500aa240yo3.jpg

Seriously though,..... It's sad to see Favre going elsewhere.... I hope it works out for him moreso than it did for Montana at KC..... Favre is one of the last great characters in the league, IMO... Usually a good interview without the sterile comments.... I wish him well in NY.

LasVegasGuy
08-08-2008, 12:06 PM

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8200/51qlwaqroclsl500aa240yo3.jpg

Seriously though,..... It's sad to see Favre going elsewhere.... I hope it works out for him moreso than it did for Montana at KC..... Favre is one of the last great characters in the league, IMO... Usually a good interview without the sterile comments.... I wish him well in NY.

What happened with Montana? The guy is still regarded as the best ever even though he spent 2 years in Kansas City and if I remember right beat us in the playoffs and was one game away from the Super Bowl.

We all think that Favre is running his image. I see it the other way. I feel he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Can you imagine if he happens to pull out the unthinkable and takes the Jets to the super bowl. I mean he will forever be known as a football god in New York if he pulls that off. He would be the Mark Messier of football and would probably be loved more then Broadway Joe.

LasVegasGuy
08-08-2008, 12:10 PM

You were right my man. The trade clause was if the Jets traded Favre to the Vikings the Jets would give the Packers (3) 1st round picks. Wow! Going to be an interesting year in Green Bay if Rodgers falters and Favre flourishes.

Ghost
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Just think - the pack went from a HOF QB in Favre to being an injury away (and Rogers has been hurt in the past) to Brohm being the guy. Wow. no drop off there :shock:

NKySteeler
08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
What happened with Montana? The guy is still regarded as the best ever even though he spent 2 years in Kansas City and if I remember right beat us in the playoffs and was one game away from the Super Bowl.

It just seems he took a bit of a PR hit by leaving SF, at least in my opinion... If he did have a great two years, I just didn't recall it that way... But then again, I have a bit of a "selective memory" if it involved us loosing.... :lol:

stlrz d
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM

You were right my man. The trade clause was if the Jets traded Favre to the Vikings the Jets would give the Packers (3) 1st round picks. Wow! Going to be an interesting year in Green Bay if Rodgers falters and Favre flourishes.

I can't take full credit...there have been situations previously where "poison pills" are part of the deal.

But yes, it will be interesting. Personally, I think Favre (and their other acquisitions) will = 4 more wins. Jets 8-8. The Packers were 13-3 last season...I see them at 9-7 this season. Barring any substantial injuries for either of course.

LasVegasGuy
08-08-2008, 05:06 PM

It just seems he took a bit of a PR hit by leaving SF, at least in my opinion... If he did have a great two years, I just didn't recall it that way... But then again, I have a bit of a "selective memory" if it involved us loosing.... :lol:

Your right at the time he took a major PR blow by going to the Chiefs but after a few years how many people even remember he played for the Chiefs? Same as Franco Harris does anyone even remember he played for the Seachickens? Let Favre have his fun nobody will even remember he had a stint with the Jets 5 years from now.

NKySteeler
08-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Let Favre have his fun nobody will even remember he had a stint with the Jets 5 years from now.

... I hope he does... Like I said, I really like the guy, and he's one of the last great "characters" in the league, IMO. ... I would love to see the Jets make the playoffs (loose to us, if we face them, of course), and make the Packer organization look stupid.

BTW, do you not think Francos' career was "tarnished" be playing out his days in Seattle? I do... Granted, many may not remember it, but it's in the books, and more importantly, in thier mind... I wonder if he, Montana, or even Marcus Allen for that matter regret changing teams.... Hopefully Favre doesn't. He's had a great career.