PDA

View Full Version : Peter King's Mailbag

costanza2k1
08-05-2008, 03:00 PM
THE STEELERS HAVE A NEW LINE. From Andrew Modro, of Athens, Ohio: "Hey, Peter, do you think the Steelers are doing anything special with their offensive line? That's the biggest thing they need to address for this season, in my opinion, and I'm curious if they feel the same way.''

I think they do. I was at Steelers camp last week and watched them work tirelessly on blitz pickup, on Ben Roethlisberger throwing the ball away more readily when pressured, and -- something I feel is the most important thing of all -- a short passing game that could lead to more spread formations than the Steelers have traditionally used.

The Steelers also are buying into second-year offensive line coach Larry Zierlein's teachings and fundamentals, which they didn't do a year ago because it was a sea-change from former line coach Russ Grimm. How will they perform? Better is my guess, but Roethlisberger has to be disciplined enough to dump the ball off more than he's done in the past.

Les 74
08-05-2008, 04:34 PM
THE STEELERS HAVE A NEW LINE. From Andrew Modro, of Athens, Ohio: "Hey, Peter, do you think the Steelers are doing anything special with their offensive line? That's the biggest thing they need to address for this season, in my opinion, and I'm curious if they feel the same way.''

I think they do. I was at Steelers camp last week and watched them work tirelessly on blitz pickup, on Ben Roethlisberger throwing the ball away more readily when pressured, and -- something I feel is the most important thing of all -- a short passing game that could lead to more spread formations than the Steelers have traditionally used.

The Steelers also are buying into second-year offensive line coach Larry Zierlein's teachings and fundamentals, which they didn't do a year ago because it was a sea-change from former line coach Russ Grimm. How will they perform? Better is my guess, but Roethlisberger has to be disciplined enough to dump the ball off more than he's done in the past.

A short passing game???? :shock: I guess Arians does read this board after all. :lol: