PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Olympiad.

BIG FAN
08-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Mrs. Big Fan reminded me the games open this Fri. as well as our guys playing our first preseason game. While I don't usually watch the opening ceremonies anyway, (pageantry just ain't my thing) I will watch some of them. The Missus reminded me how much it seemed like women's beach volleyball took over the t.v. last games.
I told her I agreed, and how much I was proud of her for broadening her sports horizons. :lol:
I think she will get even with a little broadening of men's swimming though. :(
Anyway GO U.S.A!

ghettoscott
08-05-2008, 09:23 AM
I am with you BF, i wont be at home on Friday (have to go to the bar to see the pre-season game) but i will def. be watching the Olympics over the next couple of weeks... even though it is tainted (Roy Jones Jr. was freakin robbed) i am lookiing forward to Boxing..and of course womens beach volley ball :Boobs

proudpittsburgher
08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Honestly, I am just interested in watch in HD, especially the opening ceremonies, but it's a conflict, and I'm not missing the Steelers game.

BIG FAN
08-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I do watch the games.
If our guys play basketball like last time, I will never watch NBA again.
If our guys cant do it, Ms. K. was right, watch all those American Girls. :Boobs :Boobs
Then watch them kick your Beijing butt.

RuthlessBurgher
08-05-2008, 01:51 PM
My eyes always get a little Misty this time of year. How will I possible Kerri on?
:lol: :Boobs :moon

http://i.neilrogers.com/images/features/2004082401-Kerri%20Walsh%20Misty%20May.jpg

ghettoscott
08-09-2008, 08:28 PM
http://i.neilrogers.com/images/features/2004082401-Kerri%20Walsh%20Misty%20May.jpg

:shock:

saaaaahn antonioo....

NKySteeler
08-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I like watching the olympics.... Outside of the games, I could care less about watching them separately, but I like the whole deal...

For those of you with Directv, check out the string of channels starting at channel 750... Some interactive options (if you have the equipment to support it), and pretty cool stuff! They have daily trivia, an active medal count, and stat pages... (thru the interactive menu)

Iron Shiek
08-14-2008, 08:28 AM
I like watching the olympics.... Outside of the games, I could care less about watching them separately, but I like the whole deal...

For those of you with Directv, check out the string of channels starting at channel 750... Some interactive options (if you have the equipment to support it), and pretty cool stuff! They have daily trivia, an active medal count, and stat pages... (thru the interactive menu)

No kidding! 755 is the $hit! There was like 8 soccer games in a row on, crazy! My dum arse was up at 5 am to watch USA blow it again.

USA v Greece basketball, they need to get revenge...but couple radio guys saying they aing seeing anything different from them and they could get snuck again.

BIG FAN
08-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Been watching them as I post in the wee hours, is it me or were those girls on China's gymnastic team, unbelievably young? They looked at least three of them couldn't have been more than twelve.

RuthlessBurgher
08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Been watching them as I post in the wee hours, is it me or were those girls on China's gymnastic team, unbelievably young? They looked at least three of them couldn't have been more than twelve.

There was an article on ESPN.com today about one of them supposedly being 13, which would disqualify her (too young), but the Chinese are denying it. It's kind of like the Bizarro World version of Danny Almonte.

BIG FAN
08-15-2008, 06:32 AM

There was an article on ESPN.com today about one of them supposedly being 13, which would disqualify her (too young), but the Chinese are denying it. It's kind of like the Bizarro World version of Danny Almonte.

Have a hard time watching them flipping around, and know in my heart we beat them.
Now onto Beach Volleyball where you cant have an eight year old play.

ghettoscott
08-15-2008, 09:08 AM
close one against Belgium (well, 1st set was close)....was it just me or did them girls have some beer bellies?

BIG FAN
08-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Nothing like waking up earlier and the Missus has put the Brazilian girls against the German girls on the tube. (Brazil won I think, but anyone who watched the match were winners.) Perhaps some of you computer savvy guys could show highlights as I dread the infamous "Without pics, this post is pointless"
BTW, I never knew you could learn so much about signals being given behind one's back.

buckeyehoppy
08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
The only events I am following are Freestyle and Greco-Roman Wrestling and Track and Field.

The guy I am following is Andy Hrovat in the 84kg division of the freestyle tournament. He is a product of the storied St. Edward wrestling program in my little town here in Cleveland. And, even though he is from That School Up North, he was a product in his earlier years of the Euclid Panther youth wrestling program that I coached with for a few years.

I hope he can come away with a metal. That would be something!

BIG FAN
08-19-2008, 03:29 AM
My eyes always get a little Misty this time of year. How will I possible Kerri on?

Watching them play at this moment, OMG! what amazing athletic Women in Motion!
American Girls! Hard to Beat!
HARD TO BEAT! :Beer

BIG FAN
08-19-2008, 03:43 AM

Going for Gold!

BIG FAN
08-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Now let's see the Chineses try to field a coupla' 12 year olds againts them,like they they did to our girls in Gymnastics, did anyone see that earlier when Nastia got rooked?
Gold, and Bronze given to girls that could not have been more than twelve. (Chinese)
That ain't right, when you got young girls who are gifted, let them persevere like we do, dont change thier birthdates on government given "passports". Pizzes me the frick off.
Olympic's are not supposed to be politcal, thats what we get for giving them McDonalds and Coke. That long legged young Lady from Texas, won and everyone knew it.
What a crock! The judges tried to beat our best.
Funny how nobody really ever heard of the girl who won? ( Perhaps there was a reason nobody saw her, OR even heard of her at least A YEAR ago!
Nastia got rooked!

proudpittsburgher
08-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Now let's see the Chineses try to field a coupla' 12 year olds againts them,like they they did to our girls in Gymnastics, did anyone see that earlier when Nastia got rooked?
Gold, and Bronze given to girls that could not have been more than twelve. (Chinese)
That ain't right, when you got young girls who are gifted, let them persevere like we do, dont change thier birthdates on government given "passports". Pizzes me the frick off.
Olympic's are not supposed to be politcal, thats what we get for giving them McDonalds and Coke. That long legged young Lady from Texas, won and everyone knew it.
What a crock! The judges tried to beat our best.
Funny how nobody really ever heard of the girl who won? ( Perhaps there was a reason nobody saw her, OR even heard of her at least A YEAR ago!
Nastia got rooked!

My favorite Olympic moments so far, have been the two times I have listened to Bella Corroli (sp?) go off on the gymnastics judges. If you can watch that and not bust out laughing, you're a better man than I.

proudpittsburgher
08-20-2008, 01:13 PM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html?assetid=0818_sd_bbm_rc_ce281&channelcode=sportbb

Just saw the video on NBC.com for the USA vs. China game. As much as I hate to rag on my country, man, there are some class A a-holes on team USA. The first slide into home plate was very awkward and looked like he was trying to sweep the catchers leg, the second, sure, was pretty clean, but he could have slid. And that relief pitcher who decided to run down the runner and flip the ball at the Chinese dugout at the end of the game . . . he needs his arse kicked.

ghettoscott
08-22-2008, 07:08 PM
netherland v. china in stickball or whatever, man, ....the Netherlands have some hotties!
China got a few cutie pies too (over 14)

ghettoscott
08-22-2008, 07:09 PM
^ talking about the women of course...not men's stickball.