PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Nation is everywhere!!!

Ozey74
08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I copy/pasted the following from a article concerning Bengals camp:

Steeler invasion

A Pittsburgh fan, in a black truck with an inflatable Steelers mascot in the truck bed, surfaced on the hillsides near both ends of the stadium at different intervals on Friday and Saturday, laying on the truck horn in an attempt to interrupt the proceedings.

:tt2

AkronSteel
08-04-2008, 10:24 PM
LMAO..........that is hilarious!

Not something that I would do, but funny all the same!

MeetJoeGreene
08-04-2008, 10:47 PM
In other news, a large Delta Jet reportedly performed several flyovers in the vicinity of the Bengals training camp in an obvious attempt to disrupt the practice. Witnesses claimed that the faint image of a Terrible Towel could be seen in the cockpit window during one flyby and what appeared to be a pilot "mooning" the field on another.

BIG FAN
08-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I wasn't aware NKy owned a big truck.

Shawn
08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I must admit this does have NKy written ALLLL over it. :lol:

ikestops85
08-05-2008, 08:46 AM
It's over on the Bengal Smack Forum under a thread titled 'Classless Steeler Fans'. Needless to say they aren't too happy about it. Too funny. The last I saw NKy hadn't taken credit for it ... is anyone missing their blow-up doll? :lol: :lol:

Oviedo
08-05-2008, 08:51 AM
It's over on the Bengal Smack Forum under a thread titled 'Classless Steeler Fans'. Needless to say they aren't too happy about it. Too funny. The last I saw NKy hadn't taken credit for it ... is anyone missing their blow-up doll? :lol: :lol:

What kills the Bungals is that they couldn't find a Bungals fan in Western Pa to do anything like this. heck, most of the fans at their practcie are probably Steeler fans scouting :D

The Bungals are a joke of a franchise with probably the smallest fan base in the entire NFL. We know it and they know it. Anyone want to take a guess at the over/under on what percentage of their stadium is taken over by Steeler fans when we play there this year?

Jom112
08-05-2008, 09:18 AM

What kills the Bungals is that they couldn't find a Bungals fan in Western Pa to do anything like this. heck, most of the fans at their practcie are probably Steeler fans scouting :D

The Bungals are a joke of a franchise with probably the smallest fan base in the entire NFL. We know it and they know it. Anyone want to take a guess at the over/under on what percentage of their stadium is taken over by Steeler fans when we play there this year?

That would make sense, expect for the fact that we had more fans at our games last season...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?year=2007

We can get into a debate on how fan attendence is "counted" at each stadium, but overall the numbers prove that the difference in fans isn't something to brag about...

proudpittsburgher
08-05-2008, 09:32 AM

That would make sense, expect for the fact that we had more fans at our games last season...

We can get into a debate on how fan attendence is "counted" at each stadium, but overall the numbers prove that the difference in fans isn't something to brag about...

Ahh, if I could only find the picture of the "This is Steelers Country" banner hung at Heinz Field West . . . I mean, Paul Brown Stadium, a couple of years ago. And yes, it was a very big banner. :tt2

Jom112
08-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Ahh, if I could only find the picture of the "This is Steelers Country" banner hung at Heinz Field West . . . I mean, Paul Brown Stadium, a couple of years ago. And yes, it was a very big banner. :tt2

You mean this one?

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p307/Jom112/STEELERBANNER4.jpg

proudpittsburgher
08-05-2008, 09:55 AM
ha, the fan of cornholio deepthroating a hot dog tries to throw homo remarks our way? Not quite, sport. Either way, it is embarrasing to have a steeler country banner hung in your backyard.

BIG FAN
08-05-2008, 10:10 AM

You mean this one?

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p307/Jom112/STEELERBANNER4.jpg

At the bottom of that banner should read, this is where you get, when you drop Carson.
Just helping you out Jom. Good Superbowl banner, bet you guys had one, or won one.

Jom112
08-05-2008, 10:15 AM
ha, the fan of cornholio deepthroating a hot dog tries to throw homo remarks our way? Not quite, sport. Either way, it is embarrasing to have a steeler country banner hung in your backyard.

It's just a joke. We had a sig altering contest on the Bengals board a while back. One of your fans altered mine so with my limited photoshop (MS Paint) skills I did what I could with his "Steelers country" sig. It was all in good fun...

At the bottom of that banner should read, this is where you get, when you drop Carson.
Just helping you out Jom. Good Superbowl banner, bet you guys had one, or won one.

:roll:

frankthetank1
08-05-2008, 10:19 AM

that list is not accurate at all. thats bs numbers, i lived outside of miami for a while and i know what kind of fan base the dolphins have. no way in hell last season did they have the #10 best attendence. thats a joke, even when they were really good they still struggled to fill the stadium. their last playoff game at home was blacked out because of poor attendence, but all of a sudden during a 1-15 season the attendence sky rockets? c'mon

BIG FAN
08-05-2008, 10:25 AM

It's just a joke. We had a sig altering contest on the Bengals board a while back. One of your fans altered mine so with my limited photoshop (MS Paint) skills I did what I could with his "Steelers country" sig. It was all in good fun...

:roll:

Guess I get the rolling eyes because you thought I meant we actually tried to send Kimo in that day. That's not it rest assured, we would have dropped him anyway.
Told you I was helping you OUT.
(JOM admit it you are a Closet STEELER FAN.)
I'S O.K. we accept most, or best them into the fold anyways.

Jom112
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
that list is not accurate at all. thats bs numbers, i lived outside of miami for a while and i know what kind of fan base the dolphins have. no way in hell last season did they have the #10 best attendence. thats a joke, even when they were really good they still struggled to fill the stadium. their last playoff game at home was blacked out because of poor attendence, but all of a sudden during a 1-15 season the attendence sky rockets? c'mon

Teams count their actual fan attendance #'s differently. Some just go by tickets sold, some go by how many actually came into the stadium that day, etc... It's not an exact science, but in terms of revenue for ticket sales those #'s are accurate.

I only post that link because it's the "closest" I could find to actual fan attendance numbers. The point of it was us to show that while Steeler fans travel well, the amount of bragging that you guys do about it doesn't exactly reflect the actual numbers. You guys are probably the best "small" city franchise but your team is still from a small city...

Guess I get the rolling eyes because you thought I meant we actually tried to send Kimo in that day. That's not it rest assured, we would have dropped him anyway.

You get the rolling eye's because the comment wasn't worth a response. I never thought the hit was intentional and I still don't.

As for me being a closet steeler fan, no thanks. I'm just not a blinded homer Bengals fan, but I'm not even close to being a Steelers fan.

The only team I hate more at the moment is probably the Browns. At least you guys have a right to be cocky SOB's... :lol:

frankthetank1
08-05-2008, 10:40 AM

Teams count their actual fan attendance #'s differently. Some just go by tickets sold, some go by how many actually came into the stadium that day, etc... It's not an exact science, but in terms of revenue for ticket sales those #'s are accurate.

I only post that link because it's the "closest" I could find to actual fan attendance numbers. The point of it was us to show that while Steeler fans travel well, the bragging that you guys do about it doesn't exactly reflect the actual numbers. You guys are probably the best "small" city franchise but your team is still from a small city...

You get the rolling eye's because the comment wasn't worth a response. I never thought the hit was intentional and I still don't.

As for me being a closet steeler fan, no thanks. I'm just not a blinded homer Bengals fan, but I'm not even close to being a Steelers fan.

The only team I hate more at the moment is probably the Browns...

oh ok i gotcha. but how could you get any kind of stats to show how well steeler fans travel? i guess im just missing something. every steeler game i've been to on the road its been a pretty impresive showing to say the least. i dont need numbers to back that up. its always been amazing to me the kind of following the cowboys have. if your not from texas how can anyone like them?

BIG FAN
08-05-2008, 10:47 AM

I only post that link because it's the "closest" I could find to actual fan attendance numbers. The point of it was us to show that while Steeler fans travel well, the bragging that you guys do about it doesn't exactly reflect the actual numbers. You guys are probably the best "small" city franchise but your team is still from a small city...

That's o.k. Jom. We wouldn't respect you if you said you liked the stains.
Just jaggin'. You are not a blazing, blinded homer, don't blame you for coming over here to get a little football talk, and give some back without blinders. I still think you need to come to the "dark side", it's happier with a winning team, win or lose, you still are a respectful member of the board. (For a knowledegable football smack talkin' troll.)
:roll: :lol:

Jom112
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
oh ok i gotcha. but how could you get any kind of stats to show how well steeler fans travel? i guess im just missing something. every steeler game i've been to on the road its been a pretty impresive showing to say the least. i dont need numbers to back that up. its always been amazing to me the kind of following the cowboys have. if your not from texas how can anyone like them?

This link splits the numbers into "road" and "home" attendance rankings. You guys overall are in the 20's but road wise your average attendance is the 5th best in the NFL. Which is a good indication that you guys travel well.

Or an indication that people want to see your team play. Which is why I think Cincy in ranked 10th overall road wise. People like to see the high-powered offense.

Either way our numbers attendance wise are fairly comparable...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-05-2008, 10:52 AM

I would think that one of the best measures of fan base is how many fans a team has outside it's local area. After all, someone who is a football fan normally grows up to support his local team, but you can really get a feel for fan support when you travel away from the city and find fans.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I think that only them and the Packers can even come close to the national support that the Steelers have.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the Bengals hit the road and the host city was forced to run ads begging fans not to sell their tickets to Bengals fans?

Oviedo
08-05-2008, 10:54 AM
What the stats don't tell is how many of the fans at Bungals home games are opponents fans. It is well known that getting a ticket at Paul Brown as an out of town fan is one of the easiest place to get one. You even have management having to beg fans not to sell to Steeler fans. Do you think the Rooney's have to do that? Ever?

You can go anywhere in the country and see Steeler "bling" everywhere. There is more Steeler logos here in Central Florida than any of the Florida teams. The reality is that there is a "Steeler Nation" and a "Bengals County."

BIG FAN
08-05-2008, 10:56 AM

I personaly knew and still know of a Mescalero Apache' man from Texas, who did not like the Cowboys.

frankthetank1
08-05-2008, 10:59 AM
What the stats don't tell is how many of the fans at Bungals home games are opponents fans. It is well known that getting a ticket at Paul Brown as an out of town fan is one of the easiest place to get one. You even have management having to beg fans not to sell to Steeler fans. Do you think the Rooney's have to do that? Ever?

You can go anywhere in the country and see Steeler "bling" everywhere. There is more Steeler logos here in Central Florida than any of the Florida teams. The reality is that there is a "Steeler Nation" and a "Bengals County."

thats very true. there is probably the same amount of steeler fans in florida than there are yankees, mets and red sox which there is a lot of

Jom112
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
I would think that one of the best measures of fan base is how many fans a team has outside it's local area. After all, someone who is a football fan normally grows up to support his local team, but you can really get a feel for fan support when you travel away from the city and find fans.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, I think that only them and the Packers can even come close to the national support that the Steelers have.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the Bengals hit the road and the host city was forced to run ads begging fans not to sell their tickets to Bengals fans?

There is no "best" indicator. Having a good road team could mean you have a lot of loyal fans or that you have a lot of bandwagon fans. Or a good mix of both...

You can get tickets at almost every stadium easily. When the Bengals came to Chicago, getting a ticket at Solider Field wasn't difficult. And Bears fans are absolutely crazy about their team and there is a lot of them...

Jom112
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
thats very true. there is probably the same amount of steeler fans in florida than there are yankees, mets and red sox which there is a lot of

I wouldn't go that far. I used to live there and there are definitely more Yankee fans down there than anything else. Legends field is a big reason why.

Florida is just filled with bandwagon fans anyway... :lol:

BIG FAN
08-05-2008, 11:13 AM

I wouldn't go that far. I used to live there and there are definitely more Yankee fans down there than anything else. Legends field is a big reason why.

I'll agree with Fla. having a bunch of bandwankers. (OUTSIDE OF AS.)

frankthetank1
08-05-2008, 11:15 AM

it depends where in fl your talking about. i lived outside of miami, im sure there are more yankee fans on the west coast of florida