Figured this was important enough to post here:

Steelers sign center Legursky, release kicker Rauch
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, August 2, 2008

Buzz up!
Post to MySpace!
StumbleUpon Toolbar

The Steelers made a roster move today when they signed rookie center Doug Legursky to a one-year contract and released rookie kicker Julian Rauch.

Both had signed with the Steelers as undrafted free agents but the Steelers released Legursky in late June. The 6-1, 323-pound Legursky played for Marshall and started 32 consecutive games for the Thundering Herd. He was a three-time all-Conference USA selection.

costanza2k1
08-02-2008, 01:59 PM
[youtube:bf51fobs]TIHRG_r-hhg[/youtube:bf51fobs]

MeetJoeGreene
08-02-2008, 02:21 PM
that is kind of interesting move. does this mean that the coaches are worried about the O line in general and the C position specifically?

Ozey74
08-02-2008, 02:23 PM
He's got a great Steeler name!!

BIG FAN
08-02-2008, 02:27 PM
that is kind of interesting move. does this mean that the coaches are worried about the O line in general and the C position specifically?

I was thinking the same thing when I first read this. Taking back UFA center seems to imply concern about the position to me. They must see something here to bring this guy back, it's a little late to be signing on another tackle dummy.

costanza2k1
08-02-2008, 03:16 PM
They may not be that impressed with Stapleton is what I'm thinking. Folks are saying he's been getting whooped on in practice...