PDA

View Full Version : surprise player

steeld95
07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
What is this everyones surprise player pick for this year?

I think McBean. We can sure use the depth at DL. He will get his chance, I am hoping he takes advantage of it. That would be huge for the team.

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
You just picked McBean because he wears 95, didn't you? :lol:

Jigawatts
07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I'll go with Timmons. Since he was already labeled a bust by a few :Hater 's,
I'm looking for him to bust the bust label while busting some heads. If he sheds
the bust label, I hope he can still bust a rhyme, bust a sag, and bust a move.

BIG FAN
07-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Surprise player? Hmm.
I'm hoping it's our first round pick from last year.
The only surprises I saw last year was Woodley, and Holmes.
Woodley was a limited beast.
Holmes took to heart how to block like 86.

BIG FAN
07-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm looking for him to bust the bust label while busting some heads. If he sheds

You truly are underrated as a great football mind.
:moon

Jigawatts
07-29-2008, 02:05 PM

You truly are underrated as a great football mind.

People just don't understand me. :D

Oviedo
07-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Willie Reid will surprise a lot of people this year.

Bob
07-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Ike...you know, I've got to pick a CB LOL!!!!

He will be a surprise b/c he will, guessing here, actually catch some of those INTs which are gift wrapped for him.

Jigawatts
07-29-2008, 02:18 PM

Has his fumble-itis been cured yet?

I really don't know what to think of Reid. He's been given plenty of opportunities
on special teams to prove himself, but can't hang onto the ball. Yet, I remember
at least one play on offense where he showed great burst after catching the ball.
I know it was only one play, but it was very Santonio-like.

NKySteeler
07-29-2008, 02:25 PM

Man, how did I know you'd say that!.......... :lol:

... I think Woodley and Timmons are expected to do well, so it shouldn't be a suprise... I'll go with Bruce Davis... He will make a big name for himself on ST this season.

Shawn
07-29-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm hoping it's Russell but with the crowded backfield I don't see him
getting alot of opportunities to run the ball.

So...

1) I see Spaeth having a big year for a #2 TE.
2) Woodley will be a monster
3) I see Ryan Clark surprising alot of people coming off his
splenectomy.
4) I think Sweed will adapt to the pro game quickly and get
serious PT early.

I'm hoping Kemo, Colon and Hartwig really have a great year...not
sure I'm willing to predict that however.

ikestops85
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM

He will be a surprise b/c he will, guessing here, actually catch some of those INTs which are gift wrapped for him.

Did they get rid of the Lester Hayes stickum rule? :D

Ya know, if Ike played back in the Lester Hayes era he would probably be a perennial probowler. Can't you just picture Lambert picking him up and dipping him in a vat of stickum before each game? Then during the game when Ike steps in front of the pass and it hits him between the 2 and the 4 it just sticks. No more watching the ball bounce off his chest or his hands.

Okay, I've got to wake up.

Ooops, I forgot to pick a player. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and pick Jeremy Bloom. Now that he has had the time to get back into football shape he is going to be a special teams demon. He will be our kick returner and a gunner on the punt team.

BIG FAN
07-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm hoping it's Russell but with the crowded backfield I don't see him
getting alot of opportunities to run the ball.

So...

1) I see Spaeth having a big year for a #2 TE.
2) Woodley will be a monster
3) I see Ryan Clark surprising alot of people coming off his
splenectomy.
4) I think Sweed will adapt to the pro game quickly and get
serious PT early.

I'm hoping Kemo, Colon and Hartwig really have a great year...not
sure I'm willing to predict that however.

I would have never figured you for thinking Russell. Sheesh! :roll:
Agree about Spaeth, and the rest though. (1-4)
O-line I'm still having trepidations about, but I think we field a line that can win.

Jom112
07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I'll go with Mewelde Moore IF he gets enough opportunities...

Bob
07-29-2008, 03:00 PM

Did they get rid of the Lester Hayes stickum rule? :D

Ya know, if Ike played back in the Lester Hayes era he would probably be a perennial probowler. Can't you just picture Lambert picking him up and dipping him in a vat of stickum before each game? Then during the game when Ike steps in front of the pass and it hits him between the 2 and the 4 it just sticks. No more watching the ball bounce off his chest or his hands.

Okay, I've got to wake up.

Ooops, I forgot to pick a player. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and pick Jeremy Bloom. Now that he has had the time to get back into football shape he is going to be a special teams demon. He will be our kick returner and a gunner on the punt team.

I would just tell him to wear a kicker style face mask, dont try catching the ball with his hands at all, that the problem, just tell him to have the ball wedge in between his mask and helmet...see problem solved :Cheers

Iron Shiek
07-29-2008, 08:18 PM
I will go WAY out on a limb and say Dallas Baker. Sure he has a mountain to climb, and from what I read about Willie Reid in camp so far, it looks even more bleak, lets just say he finds a way to stay on the roster and that constituting a "surprise".

NKySteeler
07-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I will go WAY out on a limb and say Dallas Baker. Sure he has a mountain to climb, and from what I read about Willie Reid in camp so far, it looks even more bleak, lets just say he finds a way to stay on the roster and that constituting a "surprise".

...See, this is what I don't get.... He has had several great camps, boosts our opinions, and then gets an injury and sits most of the year.....

eniparadoxgma
07-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Sepulveda!!!!

:oops:

NKySteeler
07-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I still say this guy will make a big name for himself on ST this year...... :wink:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1732/t1davisqp9.jpg

stlrz d
07-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm going to go with this guy (http://www.nfl.com/players/justinhartwig/profile?id=HAR756037).

Mr Smartmonies
07-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Sepulveda!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Sepulveda!!!!

When this thread started earlier today, before the news about Sep's ACL, I thought briefly about nominating him to have a big time impact on field position in year two. D'oh.

NJ-STEELER
07-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Bmac locks down the other corner spot and hopefully gets signed before he is due a bigger contract

frankthetank1
07-30-2008, 08:30 AM
i also think willie reid will suprise a lot of people. he is an explosive player and has good hands as a wr, st's is another story though. i will also predict that if colon is playing at guard then he will do some great things this season

AngryAsian
07-30-2008, 12:36 PM
It will be a race in production between Timmons and Dallas Baker.