PDA

View Full Version : Hampton "embarassing" but Bengals worse off...

NKySteeler
07-28-2008, 03:41 PM
The whole Casey Hampton thing embarassed me when I heard it early this morning... Jim Rome really bashed him today on his show, and with very good reason IMO.... 8 100-yd sprints... You know it's coming, yet he's unprepared.... All I can do is shake my head.

...But fear not, my Black-n-Gold brothers, at least the Bengals are having issues of thier own... :twisted:

Antwan Odom, thier top FA signee, and the highest-paid in franchise history, left practice after an hour and a half with a foot/leg injury and now has a cast on his lower leg... And thier top draft pick, Keith Rivers is a holdout...

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Also, while Ocho did report for camp as promised, he still isn't practicing.

NKySteeler
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM

...Yea, but that is due to rehab on the ankle surgery he had late in the off-season... I think it was expected.... Odom hurts. They were just "crying in thier milk" over it on the radio.

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2008, 04:23 PM

...Yea, but that is due to rehab on the ankle surgery he had late in the off-season... I think it was expected.... Odom hurts. They were just "crying in thier milk" over it on the radio.

I think he had it late in the off-season on purpose. He could have had that surgery right after the season ended, but didn't.

NKySteeler
07-28-2008, 04:27 PM
I think he had it late in the off-season on purpose. He could have had that surgery right after the season ended, but didn't.

...Agreed.

Jom112
07-28-2008, 04:28 PM
The Odom injury is not as bad as originally speculated (Thankfully). Initial reports are that it's a sprain, nothing that should keep him out of the regular season opener.

The Rivers delay is annoying but hopefully he'll be in by tomorrow. The longest holdout his agent has ever had is 36 hours.

It also appears that Jeremi Johnson will be attending fat camp with Hampton.

To be honest I think it had more to do with Chad being a pussy than anything else, even Drew Rosenhaus was pushing him to have the surgery done earlier. He was scared he would never be as fast if something went wrong in the surgery. The contract situation probably didn't motivate him either but who knows (Having a couple more Millions of dollars guaranteed probably relieves some of the anxiety of losing a step).

I'm glad he got it done and hopefully he'll be close to 100% by the time week one comes around...

NKySteeler
07-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Initial reports are that it's a sprain.

...Sometimes a "sprain" is worse than a break.... We saw that first-hand several years back with our defense. ... "Wait-and see" will be the key.

....Yea, I'm sure Chaddy will be ready for the season (suprise - suprise)... But how long till he snaps again?

Jom112
07-28-2008, 05:15 PM

...Sometimes a "sprain" is worse than a break.... We saw that first-hand several years back with our defense. ... "Wait-and see" will be the key.

....Yea, I'm sure Chaddy will be ready for the season (suprise - suprise)... But how long till he snaps again?

You do have a point. Hopefully it's a inversion sprain. Marvin Lewis described it as a "foot sprain".

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6900

Good thing we have the wonderful Bengals medical staff taking care of him... :HeadBanger

NKySteeler
07-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Good thing we have the wonderful Bengals medical staff taking care of him... :HeadBanger

Funny thing you should say that.... :wink:

... One of the radio shows' reporters (C. Trent Rosecrantz) hurt himself at the practice today.... Don't ask me how.... Anyway, they (the attending crowd) started yelling; "don't let the Bengal staff take care of you..." ...... :lol:

Jom112
07-28-2008, 05:25 PM

Funny thing you should say that.... :wink:

... One of the radio shows' reporters (C. Trent Rosecrantz) hurt himself at the practice today.... Don't ask me how.... Anyway, they (the attending crowd) started yelling; "don't let the Bengal staff take care of you..."...... :lol:

Funny and sad at the same time. I guess it could be worse, we could have Cleveland's Medical Staff. I hope you guys living in Ohio go out of state for any surgeries...

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2008, 11:49 PM

You do have a point. Hopefully it's a inversion sprain. Marvin Lewis described it as a "foot sprain".

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6900

Unfortunately, sometimes what is initially deemed a simple foot sprain can turn into a full blown lisfranc fracture-dislocation.

BIG FAN
07-29-2008, 01:57 AM
I also saw yesterday where they said that after this season they were going to discuss CJ's contract .
Giving some time for those bungle rookies to mature?
He stays gimpy this year it may be a hard learning process for them.

Oviedo
07-29-2008, 09:47 AM
The Odom injury is not as bad as originally speculated (Thankfully). Initial reports are that it's a sprain, nothing that should keep him out of the regular season opener.

The Rivers delay is annoying but hopefully he'll be in by tomorrow. The longest holdout his agent has ever had is 36 hours.

It also appears that Jeremi Johnson will be attending fat camp with Hampton.

To be honest I think it had more to do with Chad being a pussy than anything else, even Drew Rosenhaus was pushing him to have the surgery done earlier. He was scared he would never be as fast if something went wrong in the surgery. The contract situation probably didn't motivate him either but who knows (Having a couple more Millions of dollars guaranteed probably relieves some of the anxiety of losing a step).

I'm glad he got it done and hopefully he'll be close to 100% by the time week one comes around...

The dreaded high ankle sprain!!! I guarantee that is what it is which is why they immobilized it so quickly. Could be a lingering problem all season long.

Jom112
07-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately, sometimes what is initially deemed a simple foot sprain can turn into a full blown lisfranc fracture-dislocation.

The dreaded high ankle sprain!!! I guarantee that is what it is which is why they immobilized it so quickly. Could be a lingering problem all season long.

The only thing at this point that I'll rule out is a ruptured achilles. Other than that who knows. Marvin like most coaches doesn't like to give away anything. It could be a couple of weeks, it could be several months.

I also saw yesterday where they said that after this season they were going to discuss CJ's contract .
Giving some time for those bungle rookies to mature?
He stays gimpy this year it may be a hard learning process for them.

The rookie maturation has more to do with TJ's contract than Chads. If Simpson or Caldwell can step up this season, I can see the Bengals saying good bye to TJ and using some of that money to appease Chad.

If they don't step up, a long term deal with TJ might still be difficult to get done but I wouldn't put it past them to franchise him for a season...