PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Question: Which Steeler do you NOT like?

BigBen2112
07-22-2008, 03:33 AM
A friend of mine was talking to me and say, "dude I know you are like the biggest football, nfl, and steeler fan in the world, but be honest...still deep down somewhere even as a steeler homer there HAS to be a player you just dont like and who gets under your skin...who is it and why?"

And I started thinking about it...what do you guys think? Everyone has them, like it or not, just wondering who it is for you guys?!

rpmpit
07-22-2008, 08:06 AM
I think there have been a few players that I have disliked because of an obvious lack of effort (and/or talent) on the field. Mahan, Faneca last year, Staley, Flowers and Gildon. I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now.

But the one player I really disliked was Delton Hall. I remember him being a trouble maker and a punk. I still can't believe he lasted as long as he did in Pittsburgh.

frankthetank1
07-22-2008, 08:54 AM
i think its pretty normal to dislike players on your favorite team. thats what being a passionate fan is about. my least favorite steelers have to be chad scott, troy edwards, bam morris plax and cedric the entertainer. ced might have been the worst of them though. they over paid for a below average wr and on top of that he had the balls to cry about not getting enough balls thrown to him. bam morris is also up there on my list. he had all the talent in the world and he was just a lazy pothead. i dont condone weed but get your priorities straight. he couldnt wait till his mid to late 30's to get high every day and do nothing?

Oviedo
07-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Of course you can dislike certain players and still be a fan. In recent times never liked Porter and all his antics, never liked Plastico, never liked Maddox, or Chad Scott.

Of the current Steelers not thrilled with Nate Washington or Anthony Smith.

proudpittsburgher
07-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Of course you can dislike certain players and still be a fan. In recent times never liked Porter and all his antics, never liked Plastico, never liked Maddox, or Chad Scott.

Just out of curiosity, how could you have not liked tommy after his first couple of season?

For me, I never liked Mark Malone. Quick story abotu Malone, I worked for Breadworks as a kid, and I used to deliver out to a place in Wexford (forgive me, I can't rememebr the name of the place, but it was a big grocery-like store), where Malone would go every day when he was on WPXI. He would get there about the same time as we were scheduled to get there so I would see him often, and we would walk in the front door carrying a ton of trays of bread. Dude never held the door for us once, and he had numerous opportunities to do so. What the hell kind of a person sees someone with their hands full and doesn't offer to hold the door? I feel guilty not holding the door, even if it's just for someone behind me who doesn't have their hands full.

frankthetank1
07-22-2008, 09:23 AM

Just out of curiosity, how could you have not liked tommy after his first couple of season?

For me, I never liked Mark Malone. Quick story abotu Malone, I worked for Breadworks as a kid, and I used to deliver out to a place in Wexford (forgive me, I can't rememebr the name of the place, but it was a big grocery-like store), where Malone would go every day when he was on WPXI. He would get there about the same time as we were scheduled to get there so I would see him often, and we would walk in the front door carrying a ton of trays of bread. Dude never held the door for us once, and he had numerous opportunities to do so. What the hell kind of a person sees someone with their hands full and doesn't offer to hold the door? I feel guilty not holding the door, even if it's just for someone behind me who doesn't have their hands full.

i agree, its bad enough he was an awful qb but to have bad manners on top of it. what a useless person

ikestops85
07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
I never liked Porter or Plexiglass and Anthony Smith is quickly working his way onto my list.

rpmpit
07-22-2008, 09:32 AM

i agree, its bad enough he was an awful qb but to have bad manners on top of it. what a useless person

But you have to admit - he was great on Magnum :lol:

http://magnum.tv-website.com/images/pic_magnum.jpg

frankthetank1
07-22-2008, 09:41 AM

haha thats awsome!! malone was even rude to that english guy whatever his name was. what a jerk :lol:

Ozey74
07-22-2008, 09:42 AM

I know that it's only Mark Malone, but what if this was a Steeler that was held in high esteem?

It's stories like this that make me think that I wouldn't want to have any encounters with any Steelers. If they were jerks, my view of them would be soiled.

Ozey74
07-22-2008, 09:44 AM

I was waiting on the first Magnum reference!! I debated putting one out myself.
:lol:

proudpittsburgher
07-22-2008, 10:07 AM

I know that it's only Mark Malone, but what if this was a Steeler that was held in high esteem?

It's stories like this that make me think that I wouldn't want to have any encounters with any Steelers. If they were jerks, my view of them would be soiled.

You know, we all have our bad days, but Malone did this quite a bit to us. I mean, seriously, how can you be rue to a breadworks guy? :lol: Have you had their bread?

Jigawatts
07-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I hate Ike Taylor because he looks like adgi981. :mrgreen:

Of course I think it's okay to hate someone on your favorite team,
that's why I voted :brownssuck

SteelerOfDeVille
07-22-2008, 12:59 PM
To answer the poll question first.

I was a fan of the team, FIRST... And I'll always be a fan of the team. Been a 76ers fan for as long as I can remember - but, didn't like A.I.

For a true fan, this will eventually happen - it just will.

Having said that, I can't think of anyone on the current Steelers team that I actually dis-like. There are guys that I'd rather not have on the team(mahan, for example)... but, I don't dislike them.

Despite all his trash talking, I personally loved Porter and his attitude. These are the Pittsburgh Steelers - and I don't care whether it's Lambert, Lloyd or Porter, somebody needs to remind the other team of it.

I hope that guy will be Bruce Davis real soon.

AkronSteel
07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I have a good list of players I didn't really care for.

Walter Abercrombie: This was the guy brought in to replace Franco? huh?

Mark Malone: I always thought that Scott Campbell should have got a better chance with the Steelers, I remember watching him kill the Falcons (gotta love childhood memories).

Bubby: This guy couldn't even control himself, let alone keep the entire offense cool under pressure. He had terrible mechanics, but a heck of an arm.

All of the D Ends at the end of the Noll Era: Wasted draft picks and lazy players (Aaron Jones, Kenny Davidson, Donald Evans). the list goes on and on.

O'Donnell: Well what is there to say? 2 picks made the difference, the one that really got me was the first one b/c if he just hits Ernie its a touchdown.

Steven Conley: I just always hated the guy. I hated the pick and even worse when he turned out to be a stiff.

Lee Flowers: How is someone that slow a safety?

Jason Gildon: This guy only tackled QB's, he seemed to miss every other tackle he could.

Duce Staley: This guy was the Steelers worst free agent sign.

Cedric Wilson: This guy was terrible...........another bad free agent sign, he only caught what half of the passes thrown his way.

Nick Eason: Why do we need a Browns retread who wasn't even good in Cleveland, just cut him please.

Hows that for a list?

Hogerules33
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Hines Ward

He's a classic overachiever, and very intelligent player.

But he hijacked the team for a longterm deal when we had to sign him after Plax left, he whines, and has been voted by NFL players consistently as one of the "dirty" players in the league. He will level a CB or LB late in the play, and then stand over their dazed body and taunt them (which he has been flagged for more than once).

I didn't like it when Warren Sapp did it to Chad Clifton, and I don't like it when Hines does it to other players.

Others on my list: Joey Porter, Plax, Eric Greene, Duce Staley.

Ghost
07-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Not his fault but I don't like Carey Davis. I'll never understand why a 5 time practice squad loser was put on the field ahead of Kreider, one of the best blocking FB's the Steelers ever had. Even FWP said outright he was a better runner with Dan ahead of him. You'll never convince me Tomlin didn't use him in an effort to try and find a diamond in the rough.

I may get killed on this one but I'm not a fan of Nate Washington. Probably b/c of message boards - I think he gets a ridiculous pass on his abilities because of the small school, cinderella story. He's anti-clutch and could be replaced in a nano-second.

Flame away :D

frankthetank1
07-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Not his fault but I don't like Carey Davis. I'll never understand why a 5 time practice squad loser was put on the field ahead of Kreider, one of the best blocking FB's the Steelers ever had. Even FWP said outright he was a better runner with Dan ahead of him. You'll never convince me Tomlin didn't use him in an effort to try and find a diamond in the rough.

I may get killed on this one but I'm not a fan of Nate Washington. Probably b/c of message boards - I think he gets a ridiculous pass on his abilities because of the small school, cinderella story. He's anti-clutch and could be replaced in a nano-second.

Flame away :D

well i doubt a whole lot of people will disagree with your assesment of nate washington, i do agree about davis though. he looked great in the preseason last year but thats it. he isnt a good blocker and he was as much to blame as the o-line was. i dont really agree about nate though, as a #4wr he is probably better than just about any # 4 wr. his hands arent the best but i dont ever recall him dropping any td passes. i hated ced much more, but nate wouldnt be missed much if he wasnt on the team

Jigawatts
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Nate needs to be more consistent. For every solid catch he makes, he drops
two easy ones.

And say what you want about Ced, he always came through in big games.

rpmpit
07-22-2008, 02:59 PM
two easy ones.

I'm glad someone finally stuck up for Ced. I'll remember the AFCCG vs. Denver as his biggest game as a Steeler. Not saying we lose without him - but he made some HUGE catches on a few 3rd downs to keep drives alive.

frankthetank1
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
two easy ones.

thats a good point. he had a huge game in the afccg in 05 against denver. he also had a big game against seattle last season when holmes and ward were out. he still was way over paid and was a cry baby though

stlrz d
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Hines Ward

He's a classic overachiever, and very intelligent player.

But he hijacked the team for a longterm deal when we had to sign him after Plax left, he whines, and has been voted by NFL players consistently as one of the "dirty" players in the league. He will level a CB or LB late in the play, and then stand over their dazed body and taunt them (which he has been flagged for more than once).

I didn't like it when Warren Sapp did it to Chad Clifton, and I don't like it when Hines does it to other players.

Others on my list: Joey Porter, Plax, Eric Greene, Duce Staley.

I can see some of your other points, but I believe that one should be a non-issue. Year after year when that poll is conducted he gets like 2 or 3 votes...out of a few hundred players polled.

And it's my belief that the guys voting for him are the ones tired of having their asses whupped by him. This is their way at taking a cowardly, anonymous swipe at him. :lol:

SteelerOfDeVille
07-22-2008, 05:46 PM
that play was totally within the rules and i don't care where you are on the field or where the play is on the field, you play until the whistle blows. PERIOD.

Sapp didn't do anything wrong. Clifton did.

If you played, you've almost certainly been de-cleated at one point or another when you were loligagging... and if u r smart, it never happened again.

Your statement is like saying, if you have a clear shot at the QB and his back is to you, you should hit him softer... or perhaps we should just 2-hand touch him down.

ramblinjim
07-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I could not stand Chad Scott and Dewayne Washington. Those two may be fine individuals frankly but whenever we were playing a team that passed a great deal and the ball was up in the air, I held my breath. Those guys just couldn't seem to cover anyone.

:wft

birtikidis
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
easy
sean mahan

SteelerOfDeVille
07-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Even those of us who are fans of Nate are fans for 2 reasons:
1) he has questionable hands, but, unbelievable everything else - even Ben has called him the best athlete on the team... decent speed, great hops, and the question is "is it his hands, (which he'd be stuck with) or is it his concentration (which can be worked on)."

2) as questionable as his hands are, he still made more plays than Ced, who he replaced. Even if he dropped half his passes (which he didn't) I'd rather have half of something than 100% of zero.

the worst part about it - now that he has a reputation for drops, people jump on him for ANY ball that gets near him - some of which are excusable...

Hogerules33
07-22-2008, 06:27 PM
that play was totally within the rules and i don't care where you are on the field or where the play is on the field, you play until the whistle blows. PERIOD.

Sapp didn't do anything wrong. Clifton did.

If you played, you've almost certainly been de-cleated at one point or another when you were loligagging... and if u r smart, it never happened again.

Sapp saw Clifton 30 yards away from the play, in a slow jog in pursuit of a DB who intercepted a pass. He went full bore at a guy who had no impact whatsoever on the play, and ended up putting him in the hospital.

Then he laughed with his teammates at the Jumbo Tron while Clifton was getting worked on by the Green Bay trainers.

It was a dirty play by a fat ass loud mouth defensive tackle, who wanted to get a shot in on a guy who wasn't even looking. He justified it the same way you did, by saying you "play to the whistle". Thats right and all, but there are things that are frowned on by fans and players that are within the rules.

Your statement is like saying, if you have a clear shot at the QB and his back is to you, you should hit him softer... or perhaps we should just 2-hand touch him down.

No, the two situations aren't even close.

You hit a QB as hard as you can to cause a fumble, and thus change the outcome of the play.

Whether Sapp hit Clifton hard or soft (or not at all), had NO bearing on the outcome of the play. He did it just to get a cheap shot in, and lay out an unsuspecting O-lineman.

Scarletfire1970
07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
While it may be possible to be a fan of the team and not like all of its players, (I didn't like Cedge) I find it impossible for anyone to be a fan of this team and not like Hines Ward. I mean, how the heck can you not cheer for that guy on Sundays? He is every bit of the epitomy of Steeler football.

BIG FAN
07-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Interesting choices.
I chose I hate the Browns, simply because I'm the type of Steeler fan who will. While I am loathe to say I dislike any of our players, I will when I think it's called for, but I will always feel like it's a right given as a fan.
And if your from S.W Pa. you have the right to eat your own.
If we thought our team was perfect, we would all hail from N.E*
As most of us dont, we have to suffer through mere mortal football players who win by knockin the ever lovin', slobber knocking snot out of opponents, and sometimes have to win ugly as most teams in the NFL tend to gear up a little more for us. I tend to give some huss to players I dont like. I for one really did not care for Peezy, getting thrown out of a game in Clev. before the whistle even blew!
That's really the last time I was mad, offended and disappointed outside of the big N.O.D.

SteelerOfDeVille
07-22-2008, 07:15 PM
It was a dirty play by a fat bad word loud mouth defensive tackle, who wanted to get a shot in on a guy who wasn't even looking. He justified it the same way you did, by saying you "play to the whistle". Thats right and all, but there are things that are frowned on by fans and players that are within the rules.
That's where I disagree. Even Clifton, HIMSELF, said he should known better. And he should have.

Aside from a few angry Packers, most player comments I read ALSO said, "you play until the whistle". It was after a turnover and if his defender had needed to reverse field and Clifton made the tackle, people would criticize him for not making that block. Blocking him was the RIGHT play. Period. That part is not even debatable.

Apparently, what is debatable is whether he should decleat him, or 2-hand touch him. I've noted that you prefer the 2-hand touch method.

Typically, I prefer that blockers actually block a guy when presented the opportunity. :P

Seriously, the only people up in arms were (some) fans and the media.

Steel Life
07-22-2008, 08:27 PM
two easy ones.

So by your count, Nate had 29 catches last year & 58 drops?

And as for Ced - Big games?...Let's not forget that he basically disappeared from the offense despite being signed to be a difference maker.

Getting back on topic...I'll assume you mean the current team & give you - Larry Foote. Talks way too much & gets steam-rolled way too often.

stlrz d
07-22-2008, 08:50 PM
I was trying to find a site that showed stats that included drops by WR. I did...sort of. It isn't comprehensive enough to include Nate Washington.

Steelers pass catchers with the most drops last season? Hines Ward and Najeh Davenport with 5 each.

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league ... opped.html (http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html)

What I'd be curious to know is how many Nate had to get the percentage of passes he dropped. I'm guessing it's probably not as high as people think. I also believe that his drops are magnified because usually when he's on the field it is in a multiple receiver set, which typically means the situation (down, distance, down and distance, redzone, etc) is somewhat critical.

Mr Smartmonies
07-22-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't like Anthony Smith. He is the type of player on the "other" team that
normaklly loses his cool and makes mistakes and cost his team games.

SteelerOfDeVille
07-22-2008, 10:35 PM
I was trying to find a site that showed stats that included drops by WR. I did...sort of. It isn't comprehensive enough to include Nate Washington.

Steelers pass catchers with the most drops last season? Hines Ward and Najeh Davenport with 5 each.

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league ... opped.html (http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html)

What I'd be curious to know is how many Nate had to get the percentage of passes he dropped. I'm guessing it's probably not as high as people think. I also believe that his drops are magnified because usually when he's on the field it is in a multiple receiver set, which typically means the situation (down, distance, down and distance, redzone, etc) is somewhat critical.
Again, I think his problem is that people saw a few drops in his first 2 years and it's all they think about with him now. When he does have a drop, it's magnified because they were expxecting it. Its sorta like Parker has with fumbles. His number isn't high, but, they come in bunches.

Nate obviously had fewer than 5, most likely somewhere around 3 drops (or 1 in 10). that's not terribly different than your average Wr.... look at TO's double-figure drops and his status.

In 2 seasons, his numbers are: 64 catches, 1074 yards for 16.8 average with 9 TDs. Assuming he had fewer than 5 drops (or else he'd be on that list), let's ballpark 8 drops over the 2 seasons. I'll take that from a #3.

Here's to hoping Sweed can match (or improve upon) those numbers.

frankthetank1
07-23-2008, 08:02 AM
While it may be possible to be a fan of the team and not like all of its players, (I didn't like Cedge) I find it impossible for anyone to be a fan of this team and not like Hines Ward. I mean, how the heck can you not cheer for that guy on Sundays? He is every bit of the epitomy of Steeler football.

great post i agree 100%. it makes me angry to think of a steeler fan not liking hines. he is the toughest and hardest player on this team. he puts it all on the line and winning is more important to him than anything. isnt that what you expect and want out of any player? to call him dirty is just plain dumb, how can a wr be dirty anyways? the guy loves to hit people. id rather have a wr like that then some pansy a$$ like moss or plax who are just about themselves and could care less about the team.

stlrz d
07-23-2008, 08:04 AM

Again, I think his problem is that people saw a few drops in his first 2 years and it's all they think about with him now. When he does have a drop, it's magnified because they were expxecting it. Its sorta like Parker has with fumbles. His number isn't high, but, they come in bunches.

Nate obviously had fewer than 5, most likely somewhere around 3 drops (or 1 in 10). that's not terribly different than your average Wr.... look at TO's double-figure drops and his status.

In 2 seasons, his numbers are: 64 catches, 1074 yards for 16.8 average with 9 TDs. Assuming he had fewer than 5 drops (or else he'd be on that list), let's ballpark 8 drops over the 2 seasons. I'll take that from a #3.

Here's to hoping Sweed can match (or improve upon) those numbers.

:Agree

Ghost
07-23-2008, 09:37 AM
1) he has questionable hands, but, unbelievable everything else - even Ben has called him the best athlete on the team... decent speed, great hops, and the question is "is it his hands, (which he'd be stuck with) or is it his concentration (which can be worked on)."

2) as questionable as his hands are, he still made more plays than Ced, who he replaced. Even if he dropped half his passes (which he didn't) I'd rather have half of something than 100% of zero.

the worst part about it - now that he has a reputation for drops, people jump on him for ANY ball that gets near him - some of which are excusable...

I'm sure I'm not giving him enough credit (the Cincy game from '06 still sticks in my mind)but still think he's over rated. His salary is ridiculous against the cap this year - $1.4M. For a guy who will start out number three and most likely drop to number 4 as Sweed progresses he's simply not worth the money. I'd take Baker as the 4th guy in a heartbeat at a fraction of the cost.

Oviedo
07-23-2008, 09:49 AM

I'm sure I'm not giving him enough credit (the Cincy game from '06 still sticks in my mind)but still think he's over rated. His salary is ridiculous against the cap this year - $1.4M. For a guy who will start out number three and most likely drop to number 4 as Sweed progresses he's simply not worth the money. I'd take Baker as the 4th guy in a heartbeat at a fraction of the cost.

:Agree ...and he can't seem to find a place on Special Team despite his "freakish" athletic ability. The inability to contribute on ST as the likely #4 receiver is what makes the salary out of whack, but I guess I'm just a hater. He likely only earns his $1.4M if Hines or Santonio get hurt and he gets the additional reps.

The fact that he had less catches and a lower per catch average in 2007 versus 2006 despite our QB having the best year of his career demonstrates to me that he is not growing nor is he becoming a key in our offense. Other players like TEs and RBs are taking his catches. Not something that speaks for his long term contributions to this team.

Ending on a positve he is I guess an insurance policy against injuries.

Hogerules33
07-23-2008, 10:44 AM
great post i agree 100%. it makes me angry to think of a steeler fan not liking hines. he is the toughest and hardest player on this team. he puts it all on the line and winning is more important to him than anything. isnt that what you expect and want out of any player? to call him dirty is just plain dumb, how can a wr be dirty anyways? the guy loves to hit people. id rather have a wr like that then some pansy a$$ like moss or plax who are just about themselves and could care less about the team.

Where was Hines caring about "the team" when he hijacked it and held out for a new contract when he knew the Steelers absolutely had to sign a WR after plax left (with ARE being the number 2 wideout... :roll: ).

I told you he was a tough, classic over achiever. He's got my respect there. But I cannot stand him as a person. I think he is a whiner and he deliberately hits late on plays. Then he taunts the downed players with that ridiculous grin on his face like he did something amazing. Ward is not liked very much by opposing teams fans, trust me I have to hear it every time they play the Steelers.

As far as taking Ward over Moss...Randy Moss is quite possibly the best player to ever play the game. He is an absolute game changing force and I would take him over any receiver who "blocks well".

frankthetank1
07-23-2008, 11:23 AM

Where was Hines caring about "the team" when he hijacked it and held out for a new contract when he knew the Steelers absolutely had to sign a WR after plax left (with ARE being the number 2 wideout... :roll: ).

I told you he was a tough, classic over achiever. He's got my respect there. But I cannot stand him as a person. I think he is a whiner and he deliberately hits late on plays. Then he taunts the downed players with that ridiculous grin on his face like he did something amazing. Ward is not liked very much by opposing teams fans, trust me I have to hear it every time they play the Steelers.

As far as taking Ward over Moss...Randy Moss is quite possibly the best player to ever play the game. He is an absolute game changing force and I would take him over any receiver who "blocks well".

i didnt mean hines is better than moss, i mean if i was a coach i would rather have hines than moss. i can not stand players like moss and to, they make me sick. tell me how hines hijacked a contract? thats ridiculous, what athelete doesnt want to get paid well? do you hate ben as well? im glad other fans and teams hate him. i freakin love that!! how well liked was jpeezey or jack lambert? what difference does that make at all? he doesnt whine either. he needs to feel slighted or not respected. thats what fuels the fire for him, its motivation. moss being the best player ever is absurd. not even the best wr, rice was better. if you want to compare overall players i would take the real lt, the fake lt, peyton, brady, montana, marino, deion, rod woodson, etc. etc.

SteelerOfDeVille
07-23-2008, 01:47 PM

:Agree ...and he can't seem to find a place on Special Team despite his "freakish" athletic ability. The inability to contribute on ST as the likely #4 receiver is what makes the salary out of whack, but I guess I'm just a hater. He likely only earns his $1.4M if Hines or Santonio get hurt and he gets the additional reps.

The fact that he had less catches and a lower per catch average in 2007 versus 2006 despite our QB having the best year of his career demonstrates to me that he is not growing nor is he becoming a key in our offense. Other players like TEs and RBs are taking his catches. Not something that speaks for his long term contributions to this team.

Ending on a positve he is I guess an insurance policy against injuries.
It's still less than Ced got ($ mil per, IIRC) in a deal SEVERAL years ago... and for MORE production... you're thinking in average Joe middle-class dude, money... Nate's contract is actually reasonable for what you'll get.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
07-23-2008, 02:13 PM
This isn't babeball, it is football. In baseball, stats can tell 90% of the story. In football, stats can't tell you nearly as much because every football stat is followed by a dozen relevant questions.

When it comes to drops we ask the following:

How easy was the catch? Was he wide open with the ball hitting him in the numbers, or was the ball on his fingertips as he was getting pounded by the D?

What was the situation? Was it first down where the team still has two more shots at ten yards, or was it third down where the ball was dropped at a spot which would have produced the first?

What would have been the result if the ball was caught? Would it have been a first down? A touchdown? Or would he have been tackled for only a three yard gain?

Some of these drops are understandable and don't stick in your mind for long. Others are game changing and eat at you for a long time.

Many of Nate's drops are the memorable kind. A greater example of this was Quincy Morgan - who I rallied against non-stop when many fans wanted him kept, then brought back a few years later. Once again, the stats didn't show a disproportionate number of drops, but I will take 5 Hines Ward drops (many of which occur while he is in traffic, dropping to his knees while getting hit) before a Nate/Quincy "I was wide open, but oops" drop anyday.

frankthetank1
07-23-2008, 03:02 PM
the most important thing about nate washington is this. can anyone think of a #4 wr thats better? i definetly cant think of any at all. his hands may be questionable but he is a #4 now behind sweed, unless sweed is awful in camp and preseason. nate also makes a whole million dollars a year right? thats very cheap and besides how many balls is he really going to get thrown to him this season? i say hardly any at all with hines, holmes, miller and sweed, not to mention two very good rb's