PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Buffett is tonight!...

NKySteeler
07-17-2008, 12:29 PM
The Buffett concert is tonight at Riverbend here in Cincinnati!..... Got tickets in the 6th row compliments of Brenda!... Got my battery-operated blender ready to go for the margaritas, the grill and some shrimp/scallop skewers, and my Parrothead clothing!.... This will make Buffett show #26 for me!

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4577/picarial01ib7.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/123/newstourba9.gif

For those few that appreciate Jimmy, here's a vid clip from one of his collaborations with a few country music stars...

[youtube:23tuzxgu]EUQAxRvvHqw&hl[/youtube:23tuzxgu]
.... From many, many moons ago, before I developed my "svelte" figure........ :lol:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2927/normaldsc00164jf3.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
07-17-2008, 01:30 PM
The Buffett concert is tonight at Riverbend here in Cincinnati!..... Got tickets in the 6th row compliments of Brenda!... Got my battery-operated blender ready to go for the margaritas, the grill and some shrimp/scallop skewers, and my Parrothead clothing!.... This will make Buffett show #26 for me!

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/4577/picarial01ib7.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/123/newstourba9.gif

For those few that appreciate Jimmy, here's a vid clip from one of his collaborations with a few country music stars...

[youtube:2khkllq8]EUQAxRvvHqw&hl[/youtube:2khkllq8]
.... From many, many moons ago, before I developed my "svelte" figure........ :lol:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2927/normaldsc00164jf3.jpg

Hey, nice ponytails, NKy! What is it that you have tattooed on your shoulder? :lol:

NKySteeler
07-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey, nice ponytails, NKy! What is it that you have tattooed on your shoulder? :lol:

Very funny... :HeadBanger .... But at least I don't wear black tank tops anymore.... :lol:

...BTW, my only tattoo is of a turtle....... On my ass....... :lol: :lol: j/k

RuthlessBurgher
07-17-2008, 02:52 PM

Very funny... :HeadBanger .... But at least I don't wear black tank tops anymore.... :lol:

A turtle on your @$$??? :shock: :lol:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/214/477980011_d3bd861747.jpg

Ozey74
07-17-2008, 03:03 PM

What are you still doing at the computer?? The only time I saw Buffet at Riverbend we were there around 9-10 am!!!

Les 74
07-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't know what is more disturbing:

1.the fact that you are this excited about Jimmy Buffett or

2.the fact that this is the 26th time you've seen him.

:shock:

:lol: :lol:

Ozey74
07-17-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't know what is more disturbing:

1.the fact that you are this excited about Jimmy Buffett or

2.the fact that this is the 26th time you've seen him.

:shock:

:lol: :lol:

I've been to Jimmy Buffett once. In my opinion, the fun ends with the tailgate. I'm just not wired to enjoy Buffett. I envy those who are able to. Much like I envy those who are wired to enjoy the NHL or the NBA.

:Cheers

NKySteeler
07-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Well, I'm "wired" to enjoy Buffett and the NHL....

.... The show was fantastic! ... As usual. .... I'm freakin' hammered and going to bed. But I mustsay that the packed crowd (the show sold out in 10 minutes when tix went on sale) was incredible!.... Brenda didn't like the fact that I was egging gals on to flash us, nor the fact that the blender was on overdrive... ****, I'm done and gotta go to bed.... It's a shame many of you all don't enjoy his stuff. It's a great show.... :!: :P 8)

...BTW Oz, the reason for the delayed departure was due to the heat.... Brenda is still on the recovery mode, and couldn't handle a whole day at it.... But trust me, I packed it all into a short time.... And will pay the price in the morning.....

Les, I enjoy Buffett just like you do with "Dungeons and Dragons"...... :lol:

Ozey74
07-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Well, I'm "wired" to enjoy Buffett and the NHL....

.... The show was fantastic! ... As usual. .... I'm freakin' hammered and going to bed. But I mustsay that the packed crowd (the show sold out in 10 minutes when tix went on sale) was incredible!.... Brenda didn't like the fact that I was egging gals on to flash us, nor the fact that the blender was on overdrive... ****, I'm done and gotta go to bed.... It's a shame many of you all don't enjoy his stuff. It's a great show.... :!: :P 8)

...BTW Oz, the reason for the delayed departure was due to the heat.... Brenda is still on the recovery mode, and couldn't handle a whole day at it.... But trust me, I packed it all into a short time.... And will pay the price in the morning.....

Les, I enjoy Buffett just like you do with "Dungeons and Dragons"...... :lol:

Glad to know that you & Brenda enjoyed yourselves!!! I don't blame you about the heat. It is brutal here in the Mid-West!!!!

motter1975
07-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I am so jealous you got to see Buffett!!! He doesn't come to Virginia Beach anymore, because we don't allow tailgating. I got to see him two or three time before he stopped comming here, and I got to see him once up in Pittsburgh, when I was 15, right before I moved down here, but I haven't gotten to see him in the past 7 years or so. One (of the many) things I'm looking forward to about moving back to Pittsburgh in the next couple of years is hopefully being able to see Buffett again (but with my luck, he'll retire!)

Glad you had fun!

NKySteeler
07-18-2008, 03:39 PM
He doesn't come to Virginia Beach anymore

...Well then, I think you should plan a road trip!... :wink:

BIG FAN
07-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Glad younz enjoyed yourselves.
Dont worry too much about Brenda, as long as you didn't wake up with a brand new tatoo of a Mexican cutie, you should be o.k. :wink:

Jigawatts
07-18-2008, 03:46 PM
If I was to make a "Bucket List", going to a Buffett concert would be near the top,
along with visiting the playboy mansion and hitting every destination from the Beach
Boys "Kokomo" song (so far I'm about 1-7.)

NKySteeler
07-18-2008, 03:52 PM
as long as you didn't wake up with a brand new tatoo of a Mexican cutie, you should be o.k.

Well, I don't think I did, but haven't checked "everywhere" yet.... :lol:

...Jiga, I get to go to Aruba again next month, but this time it will be on the "company dime" for work..... :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
07-18-2008, 04:30 PM
as long as you didn't wake up with a brand new tatoo of a Mexican cutie, you should be o.k.

Well, I don't think I did, but haven't checked "everywhere" yet.... :lol:

...Jiga, I get to go to Aruba again next month, but this time it will be on the "company dime" for work..... :Beer

I'm off to an all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana tomorrow, so you losers won't hear from me in a week. Neither the wife nor I have ever been to the Caribbean at all, and this Dominican trip will obviously be the first for the 7 year old boy and 3 year old girl as well. That will certainly make the last full week before training camp starts much more enjoyable for me! :D

NKySteeler
07-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm off to an all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana tomorrow

Have a safe and enjoyable trip Ruthless. And remember... Don't drink the water!... :lol:

Jigawatts
07-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Have fun Ruthless. :Boobs

buckeyehoppy
07-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Attending the Buffett show at Star Lake Tuesday night. This is show #2 for me, #7 for the Ol' Lady. She's a bigger Parrothead than me, but it's a cool party and the music is good.

For those who aren't into the music, Radio Margaritaville on Sirius is a great entry point. They have all kinds of rare footage, concert footage and music from guys that Jimmy admires...and the guys he admires run the gamut and some are really pretty good.

Anyway, leaving Monday after work and staying in Pittsburgh Monday night. Tuesday's the show. Wednesday is the trip into town. Gotta update my Pens headgear and get a Vinnie Pie before I leave. Maybe another Steelers T before heading to camp. Got a bunch of new Steelers schwag for my b-day, so I'm swimming in it!

It'll be fun to be in the 'Burgh!

NKySteeler
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Attending the Buffett show at Star Lake Tuesday night. This is show #2 for me, #7 for the Ol' Lady. She's a bigger Parrothead than me, but it's a cool party and the music is good.

... Hope you had a good time!!!.... I'm still "recovering"!... :lol:

... I'm headed up to Indy on Thur. for the show up there with Brenda. I always get to do two shows a year nowadays since my sister lives up there... (this time in Indy it's #27 for me, and #5 for her)..... God help me, I'm gettin' too old!.... :lol:

buckeyehoppy
07-23-2008, 11:20 PM

... Hope you had a good time!!!.... I'm still "recovering"!... :lol:

... I'm headed up to Indy on Thur. for the show up there with Brenda. I always get to do two shows a year nowadays since my sister lives up there... (this time in Indy it's #27 for me, and #5 for her)..... God help me, I'm gettin' too old!.... :lol:

Very Good show. A great day, too. A threat of rain all day never materialized. The tailgate was dusty as hell, but good.

The trip dahntahn never happened. The Ol' Lady wanted to go to IKEA (we stayed practically next to the place). We picked up something that can be used as a camp bed, plus some other odds and ends. IKEA has lots of odds and ends! :wft

Lots of folks grumbled about Live Nation's handling of the tailgate. To tell the truth, I think he'll do the amphitheater circuit for another five years or so. After that, I suspect that he'll do stadium shows and play Key West from time to time. The Pirate has stared down 60 already and I imagine that many of the Parrotheads are starting to as well and would like to have a few more creature comforts. Plus, stadiums might be the only venues pretty soon that have a good handle on how to handle tailgaters.