PDA

View Full Version : Mike Humpal signs....

NKySteeler
07-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Steelers sign sixth-round pick
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have signed sixth-round draft pick Mike Humpal to a three-year contract, the team said today.

Humpal, a 6-foot 3-inch, 240 pound linebacker out of Iowa, was the 188th overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Terms of the contract were not released.

The Steelers so far have signed five of the team's seven draft picks this year.

NKySteeler
07-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Another "follow-up" article from Steelers.com.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Steelers sign Humpal
Wednesday, July 16, 2008

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers announced today the signing of 2008 draft pick, linebacker Mike Humpal. Financial terms of Humpal’s three-year contract were not released.

Humpal (6-3, 240) was the Steelers sixth round choice (188th overall) in this year’s draft out of Iowa. In his final 24 games he posted 172 tackles (69 solos), 10 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles, five pass deflections and six interceptions.

Humpal was named team captain for the 2007 season and was an All-Big Ten Conference second-team choice by the media, adding honorable mention from the league’s coaches.

Humpal was the first of two sixth round draft picks for the 2008 season (Ryan Mundy). He is the fifth of Pittsburgh’s seven draft choices to sign this year.

Flasteel
07-16-2008, 07:33 PM
According to some quotes that were dropped around here last week, Sweed should be on deck and ready to sign. Hopefully Mendenhall has the good sense to not hold out and try to squeeze the Steelers based on his perception of where he should have went.

NKySteeler
07-16-2008, 07:42 PM
According to some quotes that were dropped around here last week, Sweed should be on deck and ready to sign. Hopefully Mendenhall has the good sense to not hold out and try to squeeze the Steelers based on his perception of where he should have went.

I really do think that it makes sense that the top picks are the last to sign... I'm not worried about it yet... But I DO want everyone in camp under contract... Still 10 days to go, so it may happen.

Shawn
07-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Last time I checked...contracts were not based upon mock drafts. I think Mendenhall should have the insight to realize he should have a contract based upon where he was drafted...not where he thought he should be drafted.

AngryAsian
07-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Hopefully Mendenhall doesn't have a Drew Rosenhaus type agent at his ear. BTW, who is Mendenhall's agent?