PDA

View Full Version : Even a Chief's fan can find this...with a little help

Hardliner
07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Just got an invite from Big Fan to check out your new abode and must say this has some nice touches and a classy look to it. One small bit of criticism to the board masters? You HAVE got to make that registration confirmation code a lot harder to read, as it only took me about 6 attempts before finally 'getting it', you know? :P

Okay, all that aside, let's talk about training camps opening, now about 2 weeks away and who has been signed and the many that haven't! I'm hearing this business about the owners having voiding the final year of the CBA, has many agents, rooks and front offices doing the limp-leg two-step in negotiations, trying to protect themselves in whatever favor the buzz is providing and I must say, I'm not all that clear on the particulars.

What I DO know is that in the Chief's case, there's only been a couple of signings so far (a 4th and 5th rounder) with the heavy metal from this past draft still out there on the beach. Nervous time? Very much so, particularly for those late round picks who should have been locked up long ago.

I just don't get it. There's a slotting system in signing these players that they all know, the agents, the front offices and WE know the approximate dollar amount range. And still, to save a percentage point or two, we have GM's like the hardballing Carl Peterson holding everyone's feet to the fire in order to collect HIS bonus for coming in under the onwer's number. (I don't know if that's really true in the Chief's case, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me which, drives me crazy, baby.)

Meantime, we have elite players sitting at home when they should be deep in the trenches of training camp. Not being there retards their progress, the team's chances and sends a negative message to the media and the fans. I know the Comish is all about putting in a rook salary cap (owners have twisted his arm, HARD), but that's a topic which I'm sure we'll visit another time.

Acrimony among the agents and the front offices!!! Must mean that training camp is about to happen and we're all waking from our long NFL football deprived naps. THAT is a good thing.

Iron Shiek
07-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Just got an invite from Big Fan to check out your new abode and must say this has some nice touches and a classy look to it. One small bit of criticism to the board masters? You HAVE got to make that registration confirmation code a lot harder to read, as it only took me about 6 attempts before finally 'getting it', you know? :P

Okay, all that aside, let's talk about training camps opening, now about 2 weeks away and who has been signed and the many that haven't! I'm hearing this business about the owners having voiding the final year of the CBA, has many agents, rooks and front offices doing the limp-leg two-step in negotiations, trying to protect themselves in whatever favor the buzz is providing and I must say, I'm not all that clear on the particulars.

What I DO know is that in the Chief's case, there's only been a couple of signings so far (a 4th and 5th rounder) with the heavy metal from this past draft still out there on the beach. Nervous time? Very much so, particularly for those late round picks who should have been locked up long ago.

I just don't get it. There's a slotting system in signing these players that they all know, the agents, the front offices and WE know the approximate dollar amount range. And still, to save a percentage point or two, we have GM's like the hardballing Carl Peterson holding everyone's feet to the fire in order to collect HIS bonus for coming in under the onwer's number. (I don't know if that's really true in the Chief's case, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me which, drives me crazy, baby.)

Meantime, we have elite players sitting at home when they should be deep in the trenches of training camp. Not being there retards their progress, the team's chances and sends a negative message to the media and the fans. I know the Comish is all about putting in a rook salary cap (owners have twisted his arm, HARD), but that's a topic which I'm sure we'll visit another time.

Acrimony among the agents and the front offices!!! Must mean that training camp is about to happen and we're all waking from our long NFL football deprived naps. THAT is a good thing.

Welcome Hardliner. You are added to the list of well regarded fans of other teams that are on this board. Now shut the f up... :lol: Had to give you some troll crap... :wink:

Shawn
07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome to my favorite Troll! :D

Jom112
07-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Welcome Hardliner. You are added to the list of well regarded fans of other teams that are on this board. Now shut the f up... :lol: Had to give you some troll crap... :wink:

There's two of us now? :wink:

Ozey74
07-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Welcome. You know were all behind you guys week #1!!

RuthlessBurgher
07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Welcome. You know were all behind you guys week #1!!

Yeah, we like you during the first week of the season (of course*), as well as the last week of the season when you face Jom's boys. :bungalssuck :lol:

stlrz d
07-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Welcome!

Now go trash Favre in the thread about him! :D

Hardliner
07-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey! If I wanted to get smacked around, I'd go on one of those Chief's homer boards that don't particularly like me telling them the Chiefs will suck again this year! :D :D

Thanks for the welcomes and good natured (?) jabs, everyone. Always good to talk NFL with the sons of Steel.

RuthlessBurgher
07-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Welcome!

He better not start trashing Favre just yet. The Chiefs may still make a play for him to start for them over Croyle. They already did that once before with Montana. :wink:

Shawn
07-15-2008, 01:04 PM

Sheeeit...you couldn't sniff Hardliners jock. :wink: :lol:

Jigawatts
07-15-2008, 01:07 PM

And don't even try it. SMG is the designated jock sniffer around here. :shock: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM

Couldn't sniff SeaOracle's iambic pentameter either. :lol: :bungalssuck

Jom112
07-15-2008, 01:32 PM

I'm just glad to see another non-steeler fan on the boards. Now I can just sit back and wait for the FWP/Mendenhall vs. LJ debates to begin.

Or even better a Dwayne Bowe vs. Santonio Holmes debate...:stirpot

And don't even try it. SMG is the designated jock sniffer around here. :shock: :lol:

:lol:

BIG FAN
07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Welcome Hardliner,
Dont let em' get to you, were just used to the obnoxious trolls over at the trib who think talking football is another term to just smack on you or youm or the family pet. Good first post, I wish I did have the answers to why teams just cant get players signed. I began to wonder myself when the NFL did a 180 on the present agreement.

Shawn
07-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Welcome Hardliner,
Dont let em' get to you, were just used to the obnoxious trolls over at the trib who think talking football is another term to just smack on you or youm or the family pet. Good first post, I wish I did have the answers to why teams just cant get players signed. I began to wonder myself when the NFL did a 180 on the present agreement.

Where did I go wrong?

I thought I trained you better than this.

You have gone soft on me. ;)

BIG FAN
07-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Welcome Hardliner,

Where did I go wrong?

I thought I trained you better than this.

You have gone soft on me. ;)

I'm crushed.
It's never been about making them take the big fall, it's the sweet set up.
Feel better oh bloodless one. :Bow :lol:
:Bow

Hardliner
07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome!

Yo! I took your challenge and, of course, posted a most erudite (AND highly speculative :Blah ) take on the current Favre chronicles. You should read this.

NKySteeler
07-16-2008, 04:18 PM
LOL..... :lol: ...... Welcome aboard Hardliner..... BTW, I had a bitch of a time with that color-coded-cryptograph as well..... :wink: