PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign 2 sixth-round draft picks

fordfixer
07-11-2008, 10:20 PM
1 hour, 0 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP)—The Pittsburgh Steelers reached agreements on three-year contracts with safety Ryan Mundy of West Virginia and linebacker Mike Humpal of Iowa on Friday.

Both players were sixth-round draft picks and agreed to the NFL’s minimum salaries each season.

The agreements leave the Steelers with two unsigned picks: first-rounder Rashard Mendenhall, the former Illinois running back, and second-rounder Limas Sweed, a wide receiver from Texas.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-signings&prov=ap&type=lgns)

The Steelers open training camp July 27 in Latrobe, Pa

papillon
07-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I read somewhere today that they believe Sweed will be signed by the end of next week.

Pappy

fordfixer
07-11-2008, 10:28 PM
That would be great then we need Mendenhall :tt1

BigLebowski
07-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I know it is lip service, but Colbert was on the news the other night saying the he fully expects both top draft picks to be signed by the start of camp.

We will see.

BIG FAN
07-12-2008, 09:29 PM
I know it is lip service, but Colbert was on the news the other night saying the he fully expects both top draft picks to be signed by the start of camp.

We will see.

Yes we will.

buckeyehoppy
07-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Well, Colbert still has a couple weeks. But he needs to get his butt in gear with Sweed and Mendy. I suspect he'll have their collective John Hancocks on the dotted line before camp.

He'll do that particularly if he likes his job. With an ownership change looming, he can't assume confidence and the team has a good shot at winning another division. Better to have the draftees locked up and ready for another successful Steelers campaign.

BIG FAN
07-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Well, Colbert still has a couple weeks. But he needs to get his butt in gear with Sweed and Mendy. I suspect he'll have their collective John Hancocks on the dotted line before camp.

He'll do that particularly if he likes his job. With an ownership change looming, he can't assume confidence and the team has a good shot at winning another division. Better to have the draftees locked up and ready for another successful Steelers campaign.

No doubt.
Very perceptive post.