PDA

View Full Version : Most Valuable Steeler...

Jom112
07-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Other than Big Ben, who do you guys think is the most valuable steeler player (Not most talented)?

My choice would be James Farrior. A very under-rated player that leads that devastating LB Corps. The man can rush the passer, stuff the run, run sideline to sideline and drop back into coverage.

Woodley, Harrison are more talented physically at this point but I see him as the leader of that group.

Other possible options:

Troy Polamalu - The playmaker that turns your defense from great to elite. But hasn't been healthy the last couple of seasons and the Steelers defense has learned to be successful without him.

FWP - Lead the league in rushing before his injury last season but since Mendenhall was drafted and Moore was signed you guys have some depth there.

Hines Ward - Still a top receiving threat and the best blocking WR in the NFL. But with Holmes's development and Sweed being drafted he is not has valuable as he was in 2005.

Casey Hampton - Still dominate although his performance has been degrading recently. Hoke played decently backing up Hampton last season. Two seasons ago, I probably would say Hampton.

Marvel Smith - This is the most "valuable" not most talented debate. Smith is a solid O-linemen when healthy. If he goes down your line has to shift around and with the lack of depth will cause major problems for you guys.

Aaron Smith - Another under-rated player that is very valuable because of the lack of depth on the D-Line. After he went down last season your team started struggling against the run a bit.

What do you guys think? Am I overvaluing Farriors impact?

Buh-Bye
07-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Greg Warren.

Jom112
07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Greg Warren.

At least say Daniel Sepulveda...

RuthlessBurgher
07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
After seeing how pathetic our d-line was in the last few games last season after he went down, Aaron Smith is the clear choice.

BIG FAN
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Looking at your list I would have to say outside of Ben, Aaron Smith.
I think there is not much argument that when he went down our late season defensive woes came to light. A lot of public opinion might lean towards Harrison though.
But that was last year, this year I cant say.
I always look for someone on the team to step up and stand out. The best thing about a question like this is that because it's so difficult to pin point one individual it denotes a lot of talent on the team. Emphases on team. We seem to always have a bunch of under rated star players on the Steelers, whats odd is, is that when they go somewhere else to play most of the time you don't hear much about them being all that great anymore.

steeld95
07-09-2008, 04:55 PM
After seeing how pathetic our d-line was in the last few games last season after he went down, Aaron Smith is the clear choice.

I think that would happen with either D End getting hurt last year. We just simply don't have the depth at that position. If either goes down, the whole D-line will suffer.

stlrz d
07-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Definitely Aaron Smith.

NorCal-Steeler
07-09-2008, 09:25 PM
WARD without a doubt. From his manicure session shown on tv to his wicked hits down feild that are rubbing off on Holmes and the others.
Yes he may sound like he is whining at times but he deserves to be heard as much as any other steeler. The guy is Money $$$

proudpittsburgher
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
WARD without a doubt. From his manicure session shown on tv to his wicked hits down feild that are rubbing off on Holmes and the others.
Yes he may sound like he is whining at times but he deserves to be heard as much as any other steeler. The guy is Money $$$

Yea, i second that. You never have to worry about Ward making the play when you need it. He speaks for the team with his play.

eniparadoxgma
07-09-2008, 10:08 PM

That's what I was going to say.

rpmpit
07-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Mahan

frankthetank1
07-10-2008, 07:56 AM

I think that would happen with either D End getting hurt last year. We just simply don't have the depth at that position. If either goes down, the whole D-line will suffer.

that may be true but smith is so much better and more valuable than kiesel. last year i would of said smith and parker are the most valuable but with mendenhall id go with just smith

BigLebowski
07-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Definitely Aaron Smith.

DING DING DING We have a winner.

:Clap

fordfixer
07-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Wow I hate to admit that your right but you may be :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Wow I hate to admit that your right but you may be :lol:

Why do you hate to admit that I am right? Just admit that I am always right! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
07-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Other than Big Ben, who do you guys think is the most valuable steeler player (Not most talented)?

My choice would be James Farrior. A very under-rated player that leads that devastating LB Corps. The man can rush the passer, stuff the run, run sideline to sideline and drop back into coverage.

Woodley, Harrison are more talented physically at this point but I see him as the leader of that group.

Other possible options:

Troy Polamalu - The playmaker that turns your defense from great to elite. But hasn't been healthy the last couple of seasons and the Steelers defense has learned to be successful without him.

FWP - Lead the league in rushing before his injury last season but since Mendenhall was drafted and Moore was signed you guys have some depth there.

Hines Ward - Still a top receiving threat and the best blocking WR in the NFL. But with Holmes's development and Sweed being drafted he is not has valuable as he was in 2005.

Casey Hampton - Still dominate although his performance has been degrading recently. Hoke played decently backing up Hampton last season. Two seasons ago, I probably would say Hampton.

Marvel Smith - This is the most "valuable" not most talented debate. Smith is a solid O-linemen when healthy. If he goes down your line has to shift around and with the lack of depth will cause major problems for you guys.

Aaron Smith - Another under-rated player that is very valuable because of the lack of depth on the D-Line. After he went down last season your team started struggling against the run a bit.

What do you guys think? Am I overvaluing Farriors impact?

It would be hard to argue with any of those guys,but the guy that really held this team together,IMHO,was Brian St. Pierre.Now that he's gone we're screwed.

Shawn
07-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Next to Ben...it's Aaron Smith hands down...that D goes where Smith goes.