PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Davis signs per profootballtalk.com

costanza2k1
07-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Steelers agreed to terms with third-round OLB Bruce Davis on a three-year contract, according to Scout.com's Adam Caplan.
Davis received roughly $500,000 to sign. The former UCLA Bruin was mostly a defensive end in college, but did see some action with his hand up and will play linebacker in Pittsburgh's 3-4. He'll likely back up starters James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley as a rookie while focusing on special teams.
Source: Profootballtalk.com

NKySteeler
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Cool!!!!!!!..... I'm looking for big things from this cat. Maybe not this season (except on ST). Most rookies we sign don't seem to do too much thier first year..... But I think he's gonna be a force for us!

Thanx for the news!........ :wink:

Shawn
07-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Woodley and Davis are the future at OLB. I have a better feeling about Davis than Timmons personally. Davis is the epitome of Steeler OLB.

NorCal-Steeler
07-07-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm not big on contract deals but isnt a 3 yr deal for a 3rd rounder kind of short?

NKySteeler
07-07-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm not big on contract deals but isnt a 3 yr deal for a 3rd rounder kind of short?

I believe they also gave Hills a 3-yr deal as well.....

Shawn
07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Sounds about right.

BIG FAN
07-08-2008, 12:27 AM
The dominoes are beginning to fall into place. With Davis, that now our 3,4,and 5th. rounders signed.
If he improves our special teams with the much needed shot in the arm then he will have lived up to first year expectations.

Oviedo
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
The dominoes are beginning to fall into place. With Davis, that now our 3,4,and 5th. rounders signed.
If he improves our special teams with the much needed shot in the arm then he will have lived up to first year expectations.

Sweed and Mendenhall may be tough to sign and it may go down to wire with the start of camp. Their agents will argue that both were rated much higher than where they were drafted. Good thing about the NFL is that the slotting system that has evolved makes the salry issue easy. Bonus and number of years on the contract are the only things that are really issues to deal with.

BIG FAN
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM

Sweed and Mendenhall may be tough to sign and it may go down to wire with the start of camp. Their agents will argue that both were rated much higher than where they were drafted. Good thing about the NFL is that the slotting system that has evolved makes the salry issue easy. Bonus and number of years on the contract are the only things that are really issues to deal with.

Agreed, but right now I feel confident we have them in camp. I haven't seen anywhere about any major problems with their negotiations as of yet. Hope it stays that way.

frankthetank1
07-08-2008, 03:32 PM
i admit i dont know much about davis but i hope he is as good as all of you think he is. does anyone think davis was drafted to play de in a 4-3 in the future? he seems very small for a lb'er

RuthlessBurgher
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
i admit i dont know much about davis but i hope he is as good as all of you think he is. does anyone think davis was drafted to play de in a 4-3 in the future? he seems very small for a lb'er

You think he is small for a linebacker, and want to know if you think he'd be a better fit as a 4-3 DE in the future??? Your logic confuses me entirely.

By the way, Davis is basically the same size as Joey Porter (6'3" about 250) if that answers any of your questions.

SteelerOfDeVille
07-08-2008, 06:41 PM

You think he is small for a linebacker, and want to know if you think he'd be a better fit as a 4-3 DE in the future??? Your logic confuses me entirely.

By the way, Davis is basically the same size as Joey Porter (6'3" about 250) if that answers any of your questions.
I think some people see Jevon kearse and KGB and think a DE is supposed to be small... a DE is still a LINEMAN... they should be bigger than LBs...

Buh-Bye
07-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Woodley and Davis are the future at OLB. I have a better feeling about Davis than Timmons personally. Davis is the epitome of Steeler OLB.

Yeah, but Timmons will be ILB and take Foote's job.

frankthetank1
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM

i didnt read his measurements im just going by pictures and clips, he just looks small thats all. it wasnt logic i was asking if anyone thought he might play de in the future. i said i dont know much about the guy. if he is 6'3 and around 250 then thats definetly a good size for a lb