PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Football On TV

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Although I am NOT an Ohio State fan, I thought I'd pass-on this tidbit of information that I came across this morning for those poor mis-guided souls that are.... :wink:
-------------------------------------------------------------

Two of Ohio State's first four football games will be televised on the Big Ten Network, the conference announced today.

As in 2007, the first year of the network's existence, the BTN gets the Buckeyes' season opener, against Youngstown State on Aug. 30. That will be a noon kickoff.

The other Big Ten Network game is the Sept. 20 game against Troy, also a noon kick. The BTN likely will televise one of Ohio State's conference games, as well, to be announced later in the season.

In between the two BTN games, Ohio State will face Ohio University on Sept. 6. That was announced Saturday as a noon kick, to be shown on ESPN or ESPN2. Previously, it was announced the Ohio State game Sept. 13 at Southern Cal will be an 8 p.m. start nationally on ABC.

Last year the Big Ten Network televised four Buckeyes games: Youngstown State, Akron, Kent State and Wisconsin.

About 40 percent of Ohio households with cable and satellite service get the Big Ten Network. Central Ohio's largest cable provider, Time Warner, has yet to reach a deal with the network.

birtikidis
07-06-2008, 03:29 PM
last night on my flight home, i got to see the sOSU vs Illini game

WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 03:37 PM

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap .................................................. ......... :wink:

buckeyehoppy
07-07-2008, 12:06 AM

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap .................................................. ......... :wink:

Mendy looked goooooooood in that one :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

birtikidis
07-07-2008, 01:03 AM
well, considering that OSU did everything they could to stop him, he did. but juice is the one that stole the show.

Shawn
07-07-2008, 05:04 PM
well, considering that OSU did everything they could to stop him, he did. but juice is the one that stole the show.

Kiss this juice...

:moon

:lol:

birtikidis
07-07-2008, 05:26 PM
lol that was OSU's view of Juice during that game...

NKySteeler
07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh boy..... Guess the Cincinnati "criminal bug" has found Columbus...... :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 7, 2008
Former Colerain star posts bond
By Amber Ellis
aellis@enquirer.com

Eugene Clifford, a backup cornerback for Ohio State and former Colerain High School football standout, faces misdemeanor assault charges after allegedly punching two men.

According to police, Clifford, 20, hit two employees who were trying to break up a fight early Friday at a Corryville tavern.

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Bernie Bouchard today set Clifford's bond at $2,000. Clifford posted the bond and was released from jail.

While a senior at Colerain, Clifford was cited for marijuana possession in March 2007. He paid a $105 fine in that case. The player's father, Eugene Clifford Jr., later denied the drugs belonged to his son.

In December 2007, Clifford, then in his first season with the Buckeyes, was suspended for an undisclosed violation of team rules. His suspension forced him to sit out the national championship game against LSU.

Shawn
07-07-2008, 11:23 PM
The difference is I bet Tressel sends this "winner" packing.

Oh boy..... Guess the Cincinnati "criminal bug" has found Columbus...... :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 7, 2008
Former Colerain star posts bond
By Amber Ellis
aellis@enquirer.com

Eugene Clifford, a backup cornerback for Ohio State and former Colerain High School football standout, faces misdemeanor assault charges after allegedly punching two men.

According to police, Clifford, 20, hit two employees who were trying to break up a fight early Friday at a Corryville tavern.

Hamilton County Municipal Court Judge Bernie Bouchard today set Clifford's bond at $2,000. Clifford posted the bond and was released from jail.

While a senior at Colerain, Clifford was cited for marijuana possession in March 2007. He paid a $105 fine in that case. The player's father, Eugene Clifford Jr., later denied the drugs belonged to his son.

In December 2007, Clifford, then in his first season with the Buckeyes, was suspended for an undisclosed violation of team rules. His suspension forced him to sit out the national championship game against LSU.

NKySteeler
07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Well, he apparently came in with a "possible" drug issue from H.S., then violated team rules.... Why wasn't he dropped then?.....As a back-up, it's probably not a big deal. So why keep him around if he's trouble?

Shawn
07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Well, he apparently came in with a "possible" drug issue from H.S., then violated team rules.... Why wasn't he dropped then?.....As a back-up, it's probably not a big deal. So why keep him around if he's trouble?

I trained with the punter from Tressels National championship team at youngstown. He stated Tressel is a guy who is very fair...and loves to give a guy that he believes can be "redeemed" a shot. But, of course he does have his limit...and I would imagine this will be the straw. Tressels teams in general are disciplined and well behaved. I don't see him keeping this guy after the most recent nonsense.

buckeyehoppy
07-12-2008, 10:47 PM

I trained with the punter from Tressels National championship team at youngstown. He stated Tressel is a guy who is very fair...and loves to give a guy that he believes can be "redeemed" a shot. But, of course he does have his limit...and I would imagine this will be the straw. Tressels teams in general are disciplined and well behaved. I don't see him keeping this guy after the most recent nonsense.

Tressel hit his limit with Irizarry being a knucklehead, too. I'm sure Clifford's days in Columbus are numbered.

Can't wait for the season opener against the Y-town Pens. It's the only time I'll be wearing gear from both sides of the aisle. I'll have my old YSU hat (the one I wore when they were chasing NCs in the early 90s) and be wearing my OSU Wrestling T-shirt.

BIG FAN
07-12-2008, 11:08 PM
1. Buckeyes.
2. Bearcats. (Still dont understand this one)
I will watch them, but I have to still be a Homer.
Good Luck.

Shawn
07-13-2008, 07:38 PM

Tressel hit his limit with Irizarry being a knucklehead, too. I'm sure Clifford's days in Columbus are numbered.

Can't wait for the season opener against the Y-town Pens. It's the only time I'll be wearing gear from both sides of the aisle. I'll have my old YSU hat (the one I wore when they were chasing NCs in the early 90s) and be wearing my OSU Wrestling T-shirt.

Have you heard of Anthony Rozzo? He is an emergency room physician now. He was their punter during that run. I trained with him a few years back.

Iron Shiek
07-15-2008, 12:53 AM
vaguely remember the name, he was the main punter?

I used to train with tOSU club soccer team (kind of like jv) in Woody Hayes center and Stultz would be in there booming field goals from all over the place. I'd watch in amazement. He had a big leg.

Shawn
07-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Yea...he was the main punter...had quite the leg too. I believe he played for them from 1996-1999. He didn't start until 1998 a year after the National in 1997 and I believe he started in 1999...and I think YSU won a National that year also. He was the short punter from 1996-97.