PDA

View Full Version : Planet Steelers Fantasy Football-SOUTH DIVISION!

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi all, well our first 12 team league is now full. I'm asking for one volunteer to go to the CBS Sportline site here, http://football.sportsline.com/splash/football/spln/single/free?source=MKTG_FFBF08_FSPOEFP&refcode=FFBF08_FSPOE
and start a free league that is private and uses a live draft. It's pretty simple even I was able to do it. Please name the site Planet Steelers South Division or the Central Division. Once you're done post the password here in this thread so other members from this board can join up. It's up to you when you want to set up the live draft. I suggest late in August. If this new league fills up we can start this same process over and over until we have no more interested members.

During the season each league will run on it's own and we can post in separate threads the upcoming matchups followed by the results. In addition to the results we can post the overall points between the leagues to see who from the Planet is leading overall. Suggestions are welcome!

Let's get this thing crackin'

:Boobs

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Some motivation

[youtube:23dzawsh]Vs1N5NYyb24[/youtube:23dzawsh]

AngryAsian
07-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I'd do it but I'm already in this one league where the other eleven helpless victims are screaming "Slap-Us O' Great Slant-Eye!".... so of course being known for my humanitarian efforts and also being half Native American (from the Slapaho Tribe).... I am compelled to help these poor degenerates out. Thanks for the invite anyway. :lol: :lol:

NorCal-Steeler
07-06-2008, 04:03 PM
should have used yahoo you can do as many free leagues as you wish .

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
It would be good somehow to "mix" the leagues in some way.... The guys that don't frequent this site on weekends will undoubtably fill up another league. Gotta establish bragging rights.

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 05:14 PM
should have used yahoo you can do as many free leagues as you wish .

I think this site does live scoring and Yahoo doesn't. Either way it's too late now...maybe next year. We have to keep the scoring systems the same and on the same sites with multiple divisions. Thanks for the suggestions.

NorCal-Steeler
07-06-2008, 05:27 PM
have you tried setting up another account with diff email or name because im still in both leagues you set up just by useing diff name.

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 05:57 PM
have you tried setting up another account with diff email or name because im still in both leagues you set up just by useing diff name.

I thought about that but I don't want to get stuck in 2 leagues...my luck that would happen.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I am willing to start the other league if still needed. If someone has already done this let me know--info to come soon!

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I am willing to start the other league if still needed. If someone has already done this let me know--info to come soon!

Please do start it, it hasn't been started yet and post the info for others to join here. Can you please make sure it's CBS so we can keep the scoring consistent. Thanks a ton!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-06-2008, 10:37 PM
The league is now setup: League name is Planet Steelers South Division
Password is : franco

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 10:39 PM

Thanks! Hopefully it will fill up tomorrow and we have to create a 3rd one! The more the merrier.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-06-2008, 10:58 PM
NO SLACKERS in my division! Only active particpants please! Draft is Aug 20th

proudpittsburgher
07-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree with smash. I don't like others pulling ahead because their opponant forgets that they signed up for 25 leagues, and they only reset their lineup for one of them. :Agree .

SteelerOfDeVille
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm in... CHAMPIONSHIP!

JAR
07-07-2008, 06:35 PM

I joined, need 8 more

costanza2k1
07-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for joining JAR. Hopefully this league will fill up tomorrow!

Iron Shiek
07-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Word up! I am in it to win it. Lets do this. I just joined. 5 more needed.

proudpittsburgher
07-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Now boys, before you all sign up, you do realize you are playing for second place, right? So if you are in it for the love of the game, or some FF tips from me, by all means, sign up and take copious notes.
:evil: :stirpot

Iron Shiek
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Now boys, before you all sign up, you do realize you are playing for second place, right? So if you are in it for the love of the game, or some FF tips from me, by all means, sign up and take copious notes.

Ha. $hit talkers like you are the ones that end up taking Brett Favre (or some retired/injured guy) in the 2nd round then sit there with a dumb look on your face. :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
07-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Ha. $hit talkers like you are the ones that end up taking Brett Favre (or some retired/injured guy) in the 2nd round then sit there with a dumb look on your face. :lol: :lol:

Brett Favre is retired? Since when? $hit talkers like you are the ones that end up taking Aaron Rodgers in the 2nd round then sit there with a dumb look on your face. :lol: :lol:

proudpittsburgher
07-10-2008, 09:06 AM

Now now, shieky . . . I take offense to that. I have a dumb look on my face well before the second round. :Beer

costanza2k1
07-10-2008, 03:16 PM
How many more people does this league need? May need to start recruiting some board members.

Iron Shiek
07-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I think 7 still.

Ha let the mud flinging begin...this will be fun! And Aaron Rodgers is my super duper ultimate deep sleeper, so watch out...I may take him first round.

And then have a dumb look on my face like this: :brownssuck or :bungalssuck

Jom112
07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Some motivation

[youtube:2aend3xb]Vs1N5NYyb24[/youtube:2aend3xb]

Second best FF commerical ever. Behind the Warrick Dunn / Mike Alstott one...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-10-2008, 07:24 PM
As the guy who started the South Division-- I vote we all chip in a inexpensive amount and play for something. I was thinking 11.50 would get $100 to the winner and a decent trophy! I hate playing for only bragging rights. What do ya thinks?

Iron Shiek
07-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I am down with that. Gives motivation to keep playing. I feel the same way about bragging rights...

BIG FAN
07-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Guess I'll give it a try, I can only have my asz handed to me 16 times.
Awaiting ans e-mail or pm from the commish.

proudpittsburgher
07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
yea, I'll do it.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I will do it for all who feel comfy with it--You figure if I was a crook and a lyer (which I am not; I work as a teacher) your only out 11.50. I m not going to take the $100 and move to Mexico or anything. You have my word all funds will go to the $100 winner and the rest will buy a trophy and shipping to winner.

If you are in and have already registered in the South Division, just post on here that you are in for the 11.50--I will give you an address a few weeks before the draft. Thanks Commish

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Including me we now have 4 in for the $11.50. This would be $46 to the winner and no trophy (prize to highest finisher who paid) I am sure more will get in--its very early!

JAR
07-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I will do it for all who feel comfy with it--You figure if I was a crook and a lyer (which I am not; I work as a teacher) your only out 11.50. I m not going to take the $100 and move to Mexico or anything. You have my word all funds will go to the $100 winner and the rest will buy a trophy and shipping to winner.

If you are in and have already registered in the South Division, just post on here that you are in for the 11.50--I will give you an address a few weeks before the draft. Thanks Commish

I'm in. If everyone has a paypal account, that's an easy way to take care of the cash. Everyone emails you 11.50, then you email the winner 100.

Shawn
07-12-2008, 08:57 AM
You actually trust smashmouth with a hundred bones???

:nono

:lol:

BIG FAN
07-12-2008, 10:38 PM

You make it really hard to hate you if your not a Doc, or Liar. Sorry, I meant libelous scum. Still in for the amount.

SteelerOfDeVille
07-14-2008, 12:16 PM

That's awfully generous of you to pay me for kicking your butts... i'm game.

Iron Shiek
07-14-2008, 12:35 PM

You're going down Kimbo! And I'm taking yo girl in your sig (even if your name is tattooed all over your a$$!).

proudpittsburgher
07-18-2008, 08:36 AM

Alrighty then, now that we know who is finishing last . . . we can work up from there. :lol: :stirpot

Jooser
07-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Aight Smash, I joined up today. I guess that's six in your league now. I'll pitch in the 11.50 too. Sorry it took me so long to join this board, but I didn't know it existed until about 2 days ago when I got an invite. I was wondering where all yinz flew off to!

SteelerOfDeVille
07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
any idea when we'll know a draft order (i guess it'll have to have all 12 teams first) AND most importantly - is the draft interactive, or do we just pre-rank selections?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-21-2008, 04:14 PM
any idea when we'll know a draft order (i guess it'll have to have all 12 teams first) AND most importantly - is the draft interactive, or do we just pre-rank selections?

It is a live interactive draft--I will try and find out how they do a draft order and get back to ya. Thanks Commish

Jooser
07-21-2008, 05:45 PM
In years past I have always played on Yahoo. On any live drafts that I was in on, the draft order was usually set 'randomly' by the system right around the same time the draft begins. Hope that helps, but I've never played in this league before.

Truly yours,
-the Jooser

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
07-28-2008, 11:58 PM
League is now full--I believe 6 of us have agreed to pay the 11.50 for a team winner award and trophy--Some guys from Pitt live got in and I don't believe they know about the option as of yet--(will inform) I will try and set up a paypal account for the league!

Iron Shiek
07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
League is now full--I believe 6 of us have agreed to pay the 11.50 for a team winner award and trophy--Some guys from Pitt live got in and I don't believe they know about the option as of yet--(will inform) I will try and set up a paypal account for the league!

Sweet this is gonna be awesome. Prepare for defeat boys.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Draft is coming up--If your in this division make sure you get me your email address and let me know if your in for the 11.50--IF so send to 502 East ave. Clermont, FL 34711 (DARRIN MILLER) IF your more comfy with paypal -let me know--If your more comfy in not paying and not being eligable for the winners pot and trophy - no pressure! Good luck guys and see you ALL on draft day.

Shawn
08-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend...I have to leave for the funeral at 7:30 am. I will try to adjust my list tonight.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Paypal for those in for the $11.50
Email address linked with my paypal is dmmmiller511@yahoo.com

Some have already paid: Please let me know what your plans if your in this league--If you wanna play in the league for free tis fine--no $ and no trophy if you win--Most have said they are in--So good luck and see you on draft day this Wed at 7:45pm

SteelerOfDeVille
08-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Looks like draft order is now determined. Not sure when it showed up (or if you guys pointed it out already) but, it's there.

1. Smash
2. IronShiek
3. Stillers1
4. Eat my roethlisberger
5. Steel dragons
6. Truckin U
7. Joose Pigs
8. McLovin
9. Toe Jam
10. G.O.A.T (me)
11. I don't lose
12. P'gh Pit Vipers

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Just saw it--Its under rules of all places for right now---I hate picking 1st!!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-19-2008, 01:24 PM
North Division is using their original thread for trade talks, draft results and other things--It would be good if we did the same--Hopefully we will have all 12 ACTIVE members--I pulled a couple of guys from Pitt Live--I use both sites as I am sure alot of you do also--But lets stay active: Post here if your in the league and have been on this thread of late and got this message--Let me know your draft status-If your gonna be there.

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Just saw it--Its under rules of all places for right now---I hate picking 1st!!

Oh, boo hoo, I'm "stuck" picking Tomlinson. Let's throw a pity party! :cry: Just kidding, man.

There should still be an elite WR for you as well as either a solid #2 RB or possibly one of the top few QB's still available for you at #24 & 25. Just don't take Brady first like auto-pick Lebowski did in our league. :lol:

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-19-2008, 04:07 PM
I m actually leaning towards A. Peterson--Afraid he's gonna get hurt though--He seems brittle.

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2008, 04:19 PM
I m actually leaning towards A. Peterson--Afraid he's gonna get hurt though--He seems brittle.

I'm sure the Sheik is smiling just as much as Costanza was when LDT fell into his lap at the #2 spot.

Iron Shiek
08-19-2008, 04:58 PM
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! :tt1 :tt1 You darn right I'm smiling. I can't lose.

Hey Ruthless, this isn't a typical snake draft unfortunately. I have never done one of these goofy out of order type drafts, but from what I recall the order gets shifted in each round, so I don't think Smash has #24 and #25, but I could be wrong.

Either way Smash is on the clock and I'm on deck!

I will be at the draft ready to go. :Cheers mates.

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM

Hey Ruthless, this isn't a typical snake draft unfortunately. I have never done one of these goofy out of order type drafts, but from what I recall the order gets shifted in each round, so I don't think Smash has #24 and #25, but I could be wrong.

Our was originally supposed to be goofy like that, but Costanza changed it to a traditional snake before our draft somehow. You guys may want to look into that.

costanza2k1
08-20-2008, 09:24 AM

Our was originally supposed to be goofy like that, but Costanza changed it to a traditional snake before our draft somehow. You guys may want to look into that.

Nope, I didn't change anything. I selected snake from the get go...all I did was send CBS an email but never got a response. Don't know what happened there.

AngryAsian
08-20-2008, 09:53 AM

Nope, I didn't change anything. I selected snake from the get go...all I did was send CBS an email but never got a response. Don't know what happened there.

Cos, (not to hijack the thread) I have to ask. I see your peeps around town and always wondered if your head wrap is Black and Gold.... if so that's pretty cool, brother. :D

costanza2k1
08-20-2008, 09:58 AM

Cos, (not to hijack the thread) I have to ask. I see your peeps around town and always wondered if your head wrap is Black and Gold.... if so that's pretty cool, brother. :D

It used to be...but circumstances and the world we live in made me cut my hair and lost the turban...it will be back though!

AngryAsian
08-20-2008, 10:00 AM

It used to be...but circumstances and the world we live in made me cut my hair and lost the turban...it will be back though!

The western world really needs to educate themselves more about the eastern world before judgements are made.... glad to see you're growing the locks again. Grow some for your bald brethren here in the south. :lol:

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Draft is tonight at 7:45pm---I will dominate this league--starting with the 1st overall pick -which will be-------?????? Good luck guys you will need it playing against smash!

Iron Shiek
08-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Draft is tonight at 7:45pm---I will dominate this league--starting with the 1st overall pick -which will be-------?????? Good luck guys you will need it playing against smash!

Lets see after the draft who has the dominant team...I mean 2nd most dominant team...I got y'all fo sho! Bring it muthabeeches!

Iron Shiek
08-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Lock it up...Championship. lol. How did Portis fall to #23 to me!!! Insane. Overall a good draft though...for everyone.

QB 4 (#47) Cutler, Jay (QB DEN)
RB 1 (#2) Peterson, Adrian (RB MIN)
RB 2 (#23) Portis, Clinton (RB WAS)
WR 3 (#26) Colston, Marques (WR NO)
WR 5 (#50) Williams, Roy (WR DET)
WR 6 (#71) Moss, Santana (WR WAS)
TE 12 (#143) Scheffler, Tony (TE DEN)
K 13 (#146) Crosby, Mason (K GB)
DST 14 (#167) Ravens (DST BAL)
RS 7 (#74) Young, Selvin (RB DEN)
RS 9 (#98) Forte, Matt (RB CHI)
RS 10 (#119) Taylor, Chester (RB MIN)
RS 8 (#95) Burleson, Nate (WR SEA)
RS 11 (#122) Williams, Reggie (WR JAC)

Iron Shiek
08-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Everyone else, I tried figuring out some of your alter egos but wasn't sure on all of them:

Smash (SmashMouthFootball):

QB 5 (#49) Hasselbeck, Matt (QB SEA)
RB 1 (#1) Tomlinson, LaDainian (RB SD)
RB 6 (#72) Jones, Julius (RB SEA)
WR 2 (#24) Fitzgerald, Larry (WR ARI)
WR 3 (#25) Johnson, Andre (WR HOU)
WR 4 (#48) Burress, Plaxico (WR NYG)
TE 8 (#96) Heap, Todd (TE BAL)
K 14 (#168) Bironas, Rob (K TEN)
DST 10 (#120) Giants (DST NYG)
RS 7 (#73) Brown, Ronnie (RB MIA)
RS 9 (#97) Williams, DeAngelo (RB CAR)
RS 11 (#121) Jones, Felix (RB DAL)
RS 12 (#144) Ginn Jr., Ted (WR MIA)
RS 13 (#145) Hester, Devin (WR CHI)

IronShiek (me):

QB 4 (#47) Cutler, Jay (QB DEN)
RB 1 (#2) Peterson, Adrian (RB MIN)
RB 2 (#23) Portis, Clinton (RB WAS)
WR 3 (#26) Colston, Marques (WR NO)
WR 5 (#50) Williams, Roy (WR DET)
WR 6 (#71) Moss, Santana (WR WAS)
TE 12 (#143) Scheffler, Tony (TE DEN)
K 13 (#146) Crosby, Mason (K GB)
DST 14 (#167) Ravens (DST BAL)
RS 7 (#74) Young, Selvin (RB DEN)
RS 9 (#98) Forte, Matt (RB CHI)
RS 10 (#119) Taylor, Chester (RB MIN)
RS 8 (#95) Burleson, Nate (WR SEA)
RS 11 (#122) Williams, Reggie (WR JAC)

Stillers1:

QB 1 (#3) Brady, Tom (QB NE)
RB 3 (#27) Jones-Drew, Maurice (RB JAC)
RB 4 (#46) Maroney, Laurence (RB NE)
WR 2 (#22) Wayne, Reggie (WR IND)
WR 5 (#51) Johnson, Calvin (WR DET)
WR 6 (#70) White, Roddy (WR ATL)
TE 9 (#99) Daniels, Owen (TE HOU)
K 13 (#147) Kaeding, Nate (K SD)
DST 8 (#94) Patriots (DST NE)
RS 14 (#166) Young, Vince (QB TEN)
RS 7 (#75) White, LenDale (RB TEN)
RS 12 (#142) Morris, Maurice (RB SEA)
RS 10 (#118) Brown, Reggie (WR PHI)
RS 11 (#123) Jackson, Vincent (WR SD)

Eat My Roethlisberger:

QB 2 (#21) McNabb, Donovan (QB PHI)
RB 1 (#4) Jackson, Steven (RB STL)
RB 4 (#45) Bush, Reggie (RB NO)
WR 3 (#28) Holt, Torry (WR STL)
WR 6 (#69) Evans, Lee (WR BUF)
WR 7 (#76) Chambers, Chris (WR SD)
TE 5 (#52) Gates, Antonio (TE SD)
K 13 (#148) Brown, Josh (K STL)
DST 11 (#124) Cowboys (DST DAL)
RS 14 (#165) Jackson, Tarvaris (QB MIN)
RS 8 (#93) Taylor, Fred (RB JAC)
RS 12 (#141) McAllister, Deuce (RB NO)
RS 9 (#100) Jackson, DeSean (WR PHI)
RS 10 (#117) Hardy, James (WR BUF)

Steeldragons:

QB 3 (#29) Favre, Brett (QB NYJ)
RB 1 (#5) Westbrook, Brian (RB PHI)
RB 4 (#44) Jacobs, Brandon (RB NYG)
WR 2 (#20) Edwards, Braylon (WR CLE)
WR 5 (#53) Jennings, Greg (WR GB)
WR 9 (#101) Rice, Sidney (WR MIN)
TE 6 (#68) Miller, Heath (TE PIT)
K 13 (#149) Reed, Jeff (K PIT)
DST 11 (#125) Seahawks (DST SEA)
RS 12 (#140) Schaub, Matt (QB HOU)
RS 7 (#77) Stewart, Jonathan (RB CAR)
RS 8 (#92) Mendenhall, Rashard (RB PIT)
RS 10 (#116) Williams, Ricky (RB MIA)
RS 14 (#164) Sweed, Limas (WR PIT)

Truckin U

QB 1 (#6) Manning, Peyton (QB IND)
RB 2 (#19) Turner, Michael (RB ATL)
RB 5 (#54) Jones, Thomas (RB NYJ)
WR 3 (#30) Holmes, Santonio (WR PIT)
WR 6 (#67) Cotchery, Jerricho (WR NYJ)
WR 7 (#78) Galloway, Joey (WR TB)
TE 4 (#43) Winslow, Kellen (TE CLE)
K 14 (#163) Scobee, Josh (K JAC)
DST 8 (#91) Eagles (DST PHI)
RS 13 (#150) Campbell, Jason (QB WAS)
RS 12 (#139) Hester, Jacob (RB SD)
RS 9 (#102) Gonzalez, Anthony (WR IND)
RS 10 (#115) Gaffney, Jabar (WR NE)
RS 11 (#126) Smith, L.J. (TE PHI)

JoosePigs (Jooser):

QB 2 (#18) Palmer, Carson (QB CIN)
RB 1 (#7) Gore, Frank (RB SF)
RB 4 (#42) Graham, Earnest (RB TB)
WR 3 (#31) Smith, Steve (WR CAR)
WR 6 (#66) Bowe, Dwayne (WR KC)
WR 8 (#90) Crayton, Patrick (WR DAL)
TE 5 (#55) Cooley, Chris (TE WAS)
K 9 (#103) Gostkowski, Stephen (K NE)
DST 7 (#79) Vikings (DST MIN)
RS 10 (#114) Rivers, Philip (QB SD)
RS 11 (#127) Norwood, Jerious (RB ATL)
RS 12 (#138) Bruce, Isaac (WR SF)
RS 13 (#151) Olsen, Greg (TE CHI)
RS 14 (#162) Redskins (DST WAS)

McLovin:

QB 4 (#41) Anderson, Derek (QB CLE)
RB 2 (#17) Lynch, Marshawn (RB BUF)
RB 3 (#32) Lewis, Jamal (RB CLE)
WR 1 (#8) Moss, Randy (WR NE)
WR 6 (#65) Coles, Laveranues (WR NYJ)
WR 7 (#80) Driver, Donald (WR GB)
TE 5 (#56) Gonzalez, Tony (TE KC)
K 13 (#152) Brown, Kris (K HOU)
DST 8 (#89) Jaguars (DST JAC)
RS 11 (#128) Kitna, Jon (QB DET)
RS 9 (#104) Johnson, Rudi (RB CIN)
RS 10 (#113) Walker, Javon (WR OAK)
RS 14 (#161) Booker, Marty (WR CHI)
RS 12 (#137) Titans (DST TEN)

ToeJam Football:

QB 2 (#16) Roethlisberger, Ben (QB PIT)
RB 1 (#9) Parker, Willie (RB PIT)
RB 4 (#40) McFadden, Darren (RB OAK)
WR 3 (#33) Ward, Hines (WR PIT)
WR 6 (#64) Marshall, Brandon (WR DEN)
WR 8 (#88) Engram, Bobby (WR SEA)
TE 5 (#57) Davis, Vernon (TE SF)
K 9 (#105) Vinatieri, Adam (K IND)
DST 7 (#81) Steelers (DST PIT)
RS 10 (#112) Garrard, David (QB JAC)
RS 11 (#129) Fargas, Justin (RB OAK)
RS 12 (#136) Davis, Andre (WR HOU)
RS 13 (#153) Crumpler, Alge (TE TEN)
RS 14 (#160) Browns (DST CLE)

G.O.A.T. (Steeler of DeVille):

QB 6 (#63) Bulger, Marc (QB STL)
RB 1 (#10) Addai, Joseph (RB IND)
RB 5 (#58) Smith, Kevin (RB DET)
WR 2 (#15) Owens, Terrell (WR DAL)
WR 3 (#34) Johnson, Chad (WR CIN)
WR 8 (#87) Mason, Derrick (WR BAL)
TE 4 (#39) Witten, Jason (TE DAL)
K 10 (#111) Graham, Shayne (K CIN)
DST 9 (#106) Colts (DST IND)
RS 11 (#130) Rodgers, Aaron (QB GB)
RS 7 (#82) James, Edgerrin (RB ARI)
RS 12 (#135) Porter, Jerry (WR JAC)
RS 13 (#154) Pope, Leonard (TE ARI)
RS 14 (#159) Bills (DST BUF)

I Don't Lose:

QB 2 (#14) Romo, Tony (QB DAL)
RB 1 (#11) Barber, Marion (RB DAL)
RB 4 (#38) Grant, Ryan (RB GB)
WR 3 (#35) Houshmandzadeh, T.J. (WR CIN)
WR 6 (#62) Harrison, Marvin (WR IND)
WR 8 (#86) Curtis, Kevin (WR PHI)
TE 5 (#59) Shockey, Jeremy (TE NO)
K 9 (#107) Folk, Nick (K DAL)
DST 7 (#83) Bears (DST CHI)
RS 10 (#110) Delhomme, Jake (QB CAR)
RS 11 (#131) Johnson, Chris (RB TEN)
RS 12 (#134) Curry, Ronald (WR OAK)
RS 13 (#155) Watson, Benjamin (TE NE)
RS 14 (#158) Buccaneers (DST TB)

P'gh Pit Vipers:

QB 2 (#13) Brees, Drew (QB NO)
RB 1 (#12) Johnson, Larry (RB KC)
RB 4 (#37) McGahee, Willis (RB BAL)
WR 3 (#36) Welker, Wes (WR NE)
WR 6 (#61) Boldin, Anquan (WR ARI)
WR 8 (#85) Berrian, Bernard (WR MIN)
TE 5 (#60) Clark, Dallas (TE IND)
K 9 (#108) Dawson, Phil (K CLE)
DST 7 (#84) Chargers (DST SD)
RS 10 (#109) Manning, Eli (QB NYG)
RS 11 (#132) Watson, Kenny (RB CIN)
RS 12 (#133) Stallworth, Donte' (WR CLE)
RS 13 (#156) Lee, Donald (TE GB)
RS 14 (#157) Packers (DST GB)

RuthlessBurgher
08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
I thought it was very odd that Addai fell to me at #9 in our draft, I can't fathom that he went #10 in this draft. S.O.D. must have been doing backflips to get him there, and then nab T.O. on the way back around just like I did. Way to learn from the master.

Other big time value picks include Ryan Grant in the 4th round (I thought I got a bargain getting him in the 3rd), Portis at the end of the 2nd (23rd overall? How can you let the guy that gets A.D. 2nd overall get another first round value RB at the end of the 2nd?), Marshawn Lynch 17th overall (I would have taken him over a few guys that went in the first), and even though he is a Ratstain, Willis McGahee in the 4th round.

I was surprised in our draft of Steeler maniacs that no one went absolutely Steeler-crazy with their picks (FWP lasted until the last pick of the 4th round in our draft), but in your draft, ToeJam takes him 9th overall then follows that up with Ben and Hines for a gold-silver-bronze Steeler sweep. He made a statement in earning his Homer award.

Chadman
08-21-2008, 01:42 AM
If Chadman was to have a sneaky $100 bet...he'd put it on "I Don't Lose" looking at those results...

AngryAsian
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
If Chadman was to have a sneaky $100 bet...he'd put it on "I Don't Lose" looking at those results...

Really? Kevin Curtis is out for a bit. If I had to put some cash... SMASH, seems to have a pretty rock solid line-up (except for Hasselbrokeback).

SteelerOfDeVille
08-21-2008, 09:36 AM
I thought it was very odd that Addai fell to me at #9 in our draft, I can't fathom that he went #10 in this draft. S.O.D. must have been doing backflips to get him there, and then nab T.O. on the way back around just like I did. Way to learn from the master.
And that was the end of my excitement... in the 3rd, I was hoping another WR would fall... the likes of Andre Johnson, Torry Holt, Marques Colston, Steve Smith were hanging around... I was kinda getting excited... after that point, I hated what was left for every single pick. I ended up hanging around a couple more rounds and finally said, "may as well leave... if I'm picking from the scraps, the CPU can do that for me."

Iron Shiek
08-21-2008, 10:01 AM

Really? Kevin Curtis is out for a bit. If I had to put some cash... SMASH, seems to have a pretty rock solid line-up (except for Hasselbrokeback).

I don't know, Smash has great WR's and LT. But we don't get points for catches so that limits those guys a bit...granted they will still get their td's and yards. People are sleeping on Cutler, that guy is going to be a stud this year...

Iron Shiek
08-21-2008, 10:03 AM

Other big time value picks include Ryan Grant in the 4th round (I thought I got a bargain getting him in the 3rd), Portis at the end of the 2nd (23rd overall? How can you let the guy that gets A.D. 2nd overall get another first round value RB at the end of the 2nd?), Marshawn Lynch 17th overall (I would have taken him over a few guys that went in the first), and even though he is a Ratstain, Willis McGahee in the 4th round.

I was surprised in our draft of Steeler maniacs that no one went absolutely Steeler-crazy with their picks (FWP lasted until the last pick of the 4th round in our draft), but in your draft, ToeJam takes him 9th overall then follows that up with Ben and Hines for a gold-silver-bronze Steeler sweep. He made a statement in earning his Homer award.

All of the oddities you mentioned above baffled me as well. There was this insane run on QB's in the 2nd round, WR's too. I couldn't believe all the RB's that were falling...weird.

SteelerOfDeVille
08-21-2008, 11:09 AM

All of the oddities you mentioned above baffled me as well. There was this insane run on QB's in the 2nd round, WR's too. I couldn't believe all the RB's that were falling...weird.
Funny thing is that actually annoyed me... i decided that i'd go against the grain and snag stud WRs and actually took TO (and passed on a RB) in the 2nd... THOUGHT I'd come away with a couple... and suddenly, they were all gone before my pick in the 3rd...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
08-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I did a quick rankings of teams and their drafts--Came out the following:

Rank #1- IronFreiks
Rank #2-Eat my Roeth
Rank #3-JoosePiggs
Rank #4-Pitt Vipers
Rank #4-Smash
Rank #6-Stiillers1
Rank #7-I do Lose
Rank #8-Steelfagons
Rank #9-McHaten
Rank#10-GOATS-BALLS
Rank #11-Jammed Toe
Rank #12-Truckin U--Didn't wanna curse (I will leave that team name alone)

I have 1-12 pretty close--which means most of us had a decent draft! These are just my rankings--with the waiver wire, trades and fantasy luck--anyone can win (yea right--GIVE ME MY TROPHY!!)

proudpittsburgher
08-22-2008, 10:30 AM

That's why you can't have a steadfast plan heading into a draft, you have to adjust. I wouldn't have chosen half the players I did in the first few rounds had it not been for the
flow of the draft. If WRs start going fast, you have to nab one, in our case, QB's started going when I had three or four RBs in my que to be drafted, so I grabbed McNabb before I ended up with someone like Kyle Orton :2c

RuthlessBurgher
08-22-2008, 04:34 PM

That's why you can't have a steadfast plan heading into a draft, you have to adjust. I wouldn't have chosen half the players I did in the first few rounds had it not been for the
flow of the draft. If WRs start going fast, you have to nab one, in our case, QB's started going when I had three or four RBs in my que to be drafted, so I grabbed McNabb before I ended up with someone like Kyle Orton :2c

No no no! Never fall for the run at a certain position. If QB's were flying off the board like hotcakes in round 2, that meant that RB's and WR's that shouldn't have been there fell down that far. Case in point: Clinton Portis should not have been available in late round 2. A RB like that is much more valuable fantasy-wise than a QB like McNabb. That would be like in the real NFL draft if we panicked last year after the run on tackles by taking somebody like Duane Brown in the first round, when Rashard Mendenhall fell in our laps.

Iron Shiek
08-22-2008, 04:40 PM

No no no! Never fall for the run at a certain position. If QB's were flying off the board like hotcakes in round 2, that meant that RB's and WR's that shouldn't have been there fell down that far. Case in point: Clinton Portis should not have been available in late round 2. A RB like that is much more valuable fantasy-wise than a QB like McNabb. That would be like in the real NFL draft if we panicked last year after the run on tackles by taking somebody like Duane Brown in the first round, when Rashard Mendenhall fell in our laps.

$$$ Ruthless. Your analogy about the tackles is spot on. I nearly shat myself when portis fell to me. And i still got cutler rd. 4 whom i think is going to go nuts this year.

proudpittsburgher
08-25-2008, 03:39 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]I thought it was very odd that Addai fell to me at #9 in our draft, I can't fathom that he went #10 in this draft. S.O.D. must have been doing backflips to get him there, and then nab T.O. on the way back around just like I did. Way to learn from the master.

$$$ Ruthless. Your analogy about the tackles is spot on. I nearly shat myself when portis fell to me. And i still got cutler rd. 4 whom i think is going to go nuts this year.[/quote:ixe82lz8]

That's what makes FF fun, there are a thousand different strategies that can go splat if someone gets hurt or has a bad game. Personally, I just want balanced team, which I thought I got.

RuthlessBurgher
08-25-2008, 03:47 PM

$$$ Ruthless. Your analogy about the tackles is spot on. I nearly shat myself when portis fell to me. And i still got cutler rd. 4 whom i think is going to go nuts this year.

That's what makes FF fun, there are a thousand different strategies that can go splat if someone gets hurt or has a bad game. Personally, I just want balanced team, which I thought I got.

Absolutely. To each his own, brother. To win a fantasy league, I think that one third of it is a solid draft, one third is working the waiver wire effectively and making smart trades to improve your team, and the final third is just simply dumb luck.

proudpittsburgher
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM

Absolutely. To each his own, brother. To win a fantasy league, I think that one third of it is a solid draft, one third is working the waiver wire effectively and making smart trades to improve your team, and the final third is just simply dumb luck.

I list that whole "dumb luck" category as an intangible. I hope I have a lot of intangibles this season. :lol: :) Seriously, fantasy baseball has always been my bag, maybe because I'm one of the few who can remain interested in daily moves for a whole season. Football gets boring for me, nothing for 5 or six days, then everything comes together for a day and a half. Ah, but yet another change to talk smack . . . I'm in. :tt2

Iron Shiek
08-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Thats the problem though. I constantly outdraft everyone in my one other league year after year. Somebody makes one dumb azz trade and makes a team nearly unbeatable and my hopes are dashed. I gotta come up with a new strategy for this one I think.

Not to mention injuries killed me last year, but they get to everyone i suppose.

proudpittsburgher
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Thats the problem though. I constantly outdraft everyone in my one other league year after year. Somebody makes one dumb azz trade and makes a team nearly unbeatable and my hopes are dashed. I gotta come up with a new strategy for this one I think.

Not to mention injuries killed me last year, but they get to everyone i suppose.

Alright sheiky . . . my one and only FF suggestion for you. This one's on the house. Find the idiot in the league (no, it's not me :D ) and be the one to take advantage of that dumb azz trade. :Beer You're welcome. :twisted:

Seriously, FF is more than the draft, and you already know that. As ruthless already said, blid arse luck plays a major role, maybe not a third, but a major role. Just have fun with it.

Iron Shiek
08-26-2008, 01:09 PM

Alright sheiky . . . my one and only FF suggestion for you. This one's on the house. Find the idiot in the league (no, it's not me :D ) and be the one to take advantage of that dumb azz trade. :Beer You're welcome. :twisted:

Seriously, FF is more than the draft, and you already know that. As ruthless already said, blid arse luck plays a major role, maybe not a third, but a major role. Just have fun with it.

Well naturally, me and my one friend constantly look for the unsuspecting owner to make that trade. me and him are the only active trading people in the league, which is a shame because the more activity the better it is. We are very competitive so I am always trying to out-do him. He some how manages to find those stupid owners and either licks their nutZ before doing the trade or buys them ice cream. I'm not sure which one. But in any event, I'm not as lucky.

Either way, of course I have fun with it, or I wouldn't play.

SteelerOfDeVille
09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":1cykkunv]Thats the problem though. I constantly outdraft everyone in my one other league year after year. Somebody makes one dumb azz trade and makes a team nearly unbeatable and my hopes are dashed. I gotta come up with a new strategy for this one I think.

Well naturally, me and my one friend constantly look for the unsuspecting owner to make that trade. me and him are the only active trading people in the league, which is a shame because the more activity the better it is. We are very competitive so I am always trying to out-do him. He some how manages to find those stupid owners and either licks their nutZ before doing the trade or buys them ice cream. I'm not sure which one. But in any event, I'm not as lucky.

Either way, of course I have fun with it, or I wouldn't play.[/quote:1cykkunv]
shiek, take comfort in knowing I think you have the best team... at least now.... but, wait til i'm done trading... :Beer

Iron Shiek
09-03-2008, 08:20 AM
[quote="Iron Shiek":15wa21i2]Thats the problem though. I constantly outdraft everyone in my one other league year after year. Somebody makes one dumb azz trade and makes a team nearly unbeatable and my hopes are dashed. I gotta come up with a new strategy for this one I think.

Either way, of course I have fun with it, or I wouldn't play.
shiek, take comfort in knowing I think you have the best team... at least now.... but, wait til i'm done trading... :Beer[/quote:15wa21i2]

Well I just offered you a trade so let me know. And take Ahman Green off the trading block for god sakes man! Ha. You may get a :roll: or :ps: smiley in return for him, but that's about it. Or maybe one of those little bags of doritos...but not a big bag.

Thanks for the props on my team though...but until games are played we won't know crap. Papah Champions!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
09-04-2008, 10:47 AM
FOOTBALL STARTS TONIGHT!!!!!! Good luck guys! By the way--Plax is up for sale--Listening to all trade offers.

Account status: We have had 7 guys pay thus far giving us a total of $80.50.

Iron Shiek
09-04-2008, 11:20 AM
FOOTBALL STARTS TONIGHT!!!!!! Good luck guys! By the way--Plax is up for sale--Listening to all trade offers.

Goodluck y'all. After week 1 whoever is hurtin for RB's, hit me up. I got Forte, Watson, Selvin Young and Chester Taylor on my bench. And Santana Moss if you want a package deal.

proudpittsburgher
09-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Any chance we can lift the waiver period? All players who are available are still under waivers, which means we lose our waiver status to pick someone up for week 2, which is kinda silly.

Iron Shiek
09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah that is kinda goofy. After games start they usually clear waivers. They should all be available for pick up instantly I would think.

RuthlessBurgher
09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah that is kinda goofy. After games start they usually clear waivers. They should all be available for pick up instantly I would think.

I don't know what your settings are, but in most leagues that I have played in in the past, after all of the games had been played that weekend once MNF is over, you put in your waiver claims on Tuesday, and they are processed that night, with your fresh waiver claims posted on your roster when you wake up Wednesday morning. That's pretty standard in my previous fantasy experiences.

Shawn
09-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Is this for money? Do I owe you money?

proudpittsburgher
09-09-2008, 02:49 PM

Is this for money? Do I owe you money?

It's optional. A lot of us put in 11.50 for a prize pool at the end of the season. If you choose not to pay, you just aren't eligible fro the money, that's all. What's it matter though, SMG, you would just be making the check out to me anyway. :Beer

To address the previous issue, that I brought up, I had just never played in a league where you had a waiver period for the whole season, just for the first game, and the first couple of days in baseball. It really doesn't matter to me, I'll play by the rules, it just makes it tough when people get hurt late in the week.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
09-11-2008, 12:44 PM
It is iptional...Shawnmedguy I believe is in Division 1--I don't beleive they put a pot in. What is your team name Shawn?

As far as the waiver wire--I would love to change it but don't think I can. Anyone know how to change the setting? I believe CBS set it and it can't be changed.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
09-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Also...B. Saliek--I got an email saying payment was sent--but I looked in my paypal and no longer there. Maybe i waited to long to claim it???Let me know if the $ went back to you--You may need to resend.

Iron Shiek
09-11-2008, 12:58 PM
It looks as if the waiver wire thing has fixed itself. It must have been something that clears after week 1 because now I can make add/drops at will now.

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2008, 01:09 PM
It looks as if the waiver wire thing has fixed itself. It must have been something that clears after week 1 because now I can make add/drops at will now.

It works that way every week. Everyone is subject to waivers until Wednesday morning when all of the waiver claims are processed. After that, you add as free agents at any time. If you want to pick up a player that someone else has dropped, though, he may remain on waivers for an extra day or two (depending on your league settings).

Iron Shiek
09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Dang I destroyed the Pgh Pit Vipers...I may have the high points for the year with that score i put up...higher than 150 maybe...I can't remember.

So anyone need a rb yet...I'm gonna stop offering these dudes out...

Iron Shiek
09-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Only two 1-1 teams...interesting.

Overall Standings

East Division
Team W L T PCT GB Strk Div Wks PF Back PA
IronShieks 2 0 0 1.000 0 W2 2-0-0 1 252.0 0.0 147.0
Eat my roethlisberger 2 0 0 1.000 0 W2 2-0-0 0 204.0 48.0 161.0
Stillers1 0 2 0 0.000 2 L2 0-2-0 0 156.0 96.0 202.0
P'gh Pit Vipers 0 2 0 0.000 2 L2 0-2-0 0 152.0 100.0 254.0

Central Division
Toejam Football 2 0 0 1.000 0 W2 2-0-0 0 217.0 35.0 140.0
JoosePiggs 2 0 0 1.000 0 W2 2-0-0 0 180.0 72.0 150.0
Smash 0 2 0 0.000 2 L2 0-2-0 0 166.0 86.0 228.0
G.O.A.T. 0 2 0 0.000 2 L2 0-2-0 0 124.0 128.0 169.0

West Division
I dont lose 2 0 0 1.000 0 W2 2-0-0 0 175.0 77.0 135.0
Truckin U 1 1 0 0.500 1 L1 1-1-0 1 183.0 69.0 167.0
steeldragons 1 1 0 0.500 1 W1 1-1-0 0 168.0 84.0 189.0
McLovin 0 2 0 0.000 2 L2 0-2-0 0 141.0 111.0 176.0

Iron Shiek
09-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Geez, every division is identical. Injuries starting to take a toll on my team...but I won't panic at 2-1. Forte availble in a trade...anyone?

East Division
Eat my roethlisberger 3 0 0 1.000 0 W3 3-0-0 0 292.0 40.0 241.0
IronShieks 2 1 0 0.667 1 L1 2-1-0 1 332.0 0.0 235.0
Stillers1 1 2 0 0.333 2 W1 1-2-0 0 252.0 80.0 293.0
P'gh Pit Vipers 0 3 0 0.000 3 L3 0-3-0 0 243.0 89.0 350.0

Central Division
JoosePiggs 3 0 0 1.000 0 W3 3-0-0 1 291.0 41.0 200.0
Toejam Football 2 1 0 0.667 1 L1 2-1-0 0 267.0 65.0 251.0
Smash 1 2 0 0.333 2 W1 1-2-0 0 261.0 71.0 288.0
G.O.A.T. 0 3 0 0.000 3 L3 0-3-0 0 184.0 148.0 264.0

West Division
I dont lose 3 0 0 1.000 0 W3 3-0-0 0 274.0 58.0 211.0
Truckin U 2 1 0 0.667 1 W1 2-1-0 1 286.0 46.0 247.0
steeldragons 1 2 0 0.333 2 L1 1-2-0 0 244.0 88.0 288.0
McLovin 0 3 0 0.000 3 L3 0-3-0 0 221.0 111.0 279.0

proudpittsburgher
09-25-2008, 08:31 AM
anyone check out the power poll to see who is the top team in the league? :owned hmmmmm. I wonder who it is. :D

JAR
10-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Question... I have the Steelers defense and they took 2 points off for the Ben INT returned for a TD. The defense didn't give up those points, so why did they take it off? The only reason I ask is because my opponent and I are neck and neck and it could come down to a couple of points after tonight's game.

Anyone know if CBS Sportsline messed up, The D only gave up 14 points, CBS is showing they gave up 21.

If I lose by one or two. Grrrrrrrrrrr. :tt1

Iron Shiek
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Question... I have the Steelers defense and they took 2 points off for the Ben INT returned for a TD. The defense didn't give up those points, so why did they take it off? The only reason I ask is because my opponent and I are neck and neck and it could come down to a couple of points after tonight's game.

Anyone know if CBS Sportsline messed up, or do they always take 2 from the D on an INT returned for a td?

I am not sure on the exact scoring system, but typically points against goes towards the defense no matter how the points were scored. Since Steelers gave up a somewhat large chunk of points, I imagine the negative number came from that. He throws the INT and they become "the defense" is the way its viewed I guess.

proudpittsburgher
10-07-2008, 10:29 AM

Anyone know if CBS Sportsline messed up, or do they always take 2 from the D on an INT returned for a td?

I am not sure on the exact scoring system, but typically points against goes towards the defense no matter how the points were scored. Since Steelers gave up a somewhat large chunk of points, I imagine the negative number came from that. He throws the INT and they become "the defense" is the way its viewed I guess.

That;s never been the way it was handled in any of my other fantasy leagues. It's always been how the many points the defense gives up. In this case, the Steelers defense did not give those up. As is almost always the case, however, the scoring is usually wrong at first. You may want to check back, because, in yahoo at least, they almost always have scoring corrections. One of them cost me a fantasy baseball title last year. :moon

JAR
10-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Like PPP said, I've never had that happen in any other league. I ended up winning anyway, but I think it's BS they take away from your D points for something that they didn't do.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
10-08-2008, 11:34 PM
I am not to happy with some things with cbs fantasy myself and I am commish. I don't even know how many make the playoffs in our league. I am assuming only 4 since it only lasts 2 weeks (That itself is weak).

RuthlessBurgher
10-08-2008, 11:47 PM
I am not to happy with some things with cbs fantasy myself and I am commish. I don't even know how many make the playoffs in our league. I am assuming only 4 since it only lasts 2 weeks (That itself is weak).

In our league (North Division), the 3 division winners make the playoffs plus one wildcard team (the best record among all of the people who didn't win their division). Yours is likely similar, I would imagine.

Iron Shiek
11-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Wow...I'm rolling. Good to see most everyone is still participating though...even GOAT...who got his first win this past week. See ya in the playoffs!

East Division
IronShieks 8 2 0 0.800 0 W5 2-1-0 3 1079.0 0.0 846.0
Stillers1 5 5 0 0.500 3 W1 1-2-0 0 894.0 185.0 847.0
P'gh Pit Vipers 4 6 0 0.400 4 W3 0-3-0 1 863.0 216.0 878.0
Eat my roethlisberger 4 6 0 0.400 4 L3 3-0-0 0 853.0 226.0 880.0

Central Division
Smash 6 4 0 0.600 0 L1 1-2-0 2 904.0 175.0 952.0
JoosePiggs 6 4 0 0.600 0 L2 3-0-0 2 886.0 193.0 876.0
Toejam Football 5 5 0 0.500 1 W1 2-1-0 0 753.0 326.0 825.0
G.O.A.T. 1 9 0 0.100 5 W1 0-3-0 0 676.0 403.0 907.0

West Division
Truckin U 7 3 0 0.700 0 L1 2-1-0 2 969.0 110.0 817.0
I dont lose 7 3 0 0.700 0 L1 3-0-0 0 848.0 231.0 746.0
steeldragons 4 6 0 0.400 3 L1 1-2-0 0 839.0 240.0 964.0
McLovin 3 7 0 0.300 4 W1 0-3-0 0 815.0 264.0 841.0

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
11-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Your about to get whipped Shiek! Playoffs are coming up--Good luck guys!

Iron Shiek
11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Your about to get whipped Shiek! Playoffs are coming up--Good luck guys!

Bring it Smash! My lineup is roaring to go:

Cutler/APeterson/DeA.Williams/RoddyWhite/Colston/SMoss/Daniels/Prater/Ravens

I am not going to chance Portis not playing this week so he staying on my bench along.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
11-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I told you I would Smash ya--Good game Iron S. --Playoffs start soon guys!

Iron Shiek
11-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I told you I would Smash ya--Good game Iron S. --Playoffs start soon guys!

I was waiting for you to post. My team was off this week. I'm used to scoring 130 every week, so to get about 70 was odd. I think somehow Bruce Arians forced his way into running my offense this week. He's fired!

Wait til the playoffs!!!

MeetJoeGreene
12-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Crap.. they are driving

MeetJoeGreene
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Delay of game!!!

RuthlessBurgher
12-08-2008, 11:45 AM
MJG...did you get lost and think this was the gameday thread? :lol:

Iron Shiek
12-08-2008, 12:00 PM
MJG...did you get lost and think this was the gameday thread? :lol:

Maybe he was just giving play by play of his fantasy matchup (I don't even know if he plays, but that is a pretty good excuse).

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
12-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Playoffs are set: dont lose at IronShieks & Smash at Truckin U

Good luck guys--Remember winning team gets the cash. I need to check if all 4 teams contributed to the pot. Good luck guys!

Iron Shiek
12-09-2008, 02:18 PM

Good luck guys--Remember winning team gets the cash. I need to check if all 4 teams contributed to the pot. Good luck guys!

I don't lose: Its on. You've lost a couple times this year so that is false advertising. Good luck. :x :Steel

Iron Shiek
12-15-2008, 11:08 AM

SMASH...is it me and you in a rematch? I'm not fooling around this time...bring it on.

What's the payout? Because its gonna be an extra 47 cents for a stamp for you my friend! :lol:

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
12-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Championship game: Iron shieks vs truckin

Winner will get $80 via paypal or a money order to their preference. I will send this out when I get back from out of town roughly on Jan 3.

I came close--I was only up by 9 with Truckins def (Eagles) on MNF.
Good luck guys!

Iron Shiek
12-16-2008, 11:13 AM
The Clowns let you down...ha.

Good luck Truckin...I ain't playin around anymore. Big week coming for me....you in trouble!!

BURGH86STEEL
12-16-2008, 11:30 AM
The Clowns let you down...ha.

Good luck Truckin...I ain't playin around anymore. Big week coming for me....you in trouble!!

I guess we will find out. You might've caught the worse end of the stick.

Iron Shiek
12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Since Ruthless provided updates...i will do the same.

Burgh86teel had Manning go off for him. He's up 35-8 on me.

Burgh86steel:

Manning 35
T Jones
M. Turner
Cotchery
AGonzalez 3
DHenderson
Heath
Psychopath
Eagles

Iron Shiek:

Schaub
Peterson
Deangelo Williams
Coltson
Santana Moss
Roddy White
ODaniels
Elam
Ravens 8

BURGH86STEEL
12-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Appears you started the wrong team this week. Need a monster game from Williams. Better call Fox and tell him to leave Stewart on the bench.

JAR
12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Appears you started the wrong team this week. Need a monster game from Williams. Better call Fox and tell him to leave Stewart on the bench.

You may have jinxed yourself...

Williams 22 points so far..

BURGH86STEEL
12-21-2008, 10:46 PM

Williams will get the points even if I did not say anything.

Iron Shiek
12-21-2008, 10:58 PM

Williams will get the points even if I did not say anything.

I'm a dummy for benching cutler. And now i gotta root for Williams, but its hurting me in another fantasy championship. I'm up big but williams is cutting it closer and dude has two guys tomorrw and I have one. Oh well, GO DEANGELO!!!! 8 more points!!!!!

Iron Shiek
12-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Holy $hit i just won!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now stop scoring Deangelo...please!!! NO more dammit!

BURGH86STEEL
12-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Holy $hit i just won!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now stop scoring Deangelo...please!!! NO more dammit!

Congrats on the W. The cards fell right for you tonight with Stewart getting injured.

Iron Shiek
12-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Thank you. Nice game. I really lucked out with benching Cutler. He's been my qb all freakin year and i decided to get cute now. Deangelo bailed me out big time.

BURGH86STEEL
12-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Thank you. Nice game. I really lucked out with benching Cutler. He's been my qb all freakin year and i decided to get cute now. Deangelo bailed me out big time.

I did not think he was going to go off like that on the Giant's defense. It was thrilling till the end.