PDA

View Full Version : Planet Steelers Fantasy Football-NORTH DIVISION!

Pages : [1] 2

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 01:25 PM
THE LEAGUE IS NOW FULL...we'll need someone to create another league like Planet Steelers South Division. We can track total point at the end of the season between the 2 or more leagues to determine who had the better team. By default the scoring systems are the same and the best part about this is the site is FREE. PM me if you need help creating a league it's really simple. I can't create another one, if I do I get removed from my current league. Let's do this people!
All,

I've created a private league on CBS Sportsline for the first annual Planet Steelers Fantasy Football season! It's a 12 team league and we can create more leagues later to add more folks. It's a free league so anyone can join, I randomly selected a draft date for this league and it's automated so even if you can't draft the system will draft for you (this works out sometimes ;) ) If we get more than 12 people who are interested then we can very easily create a Planet Steelers South Division league and at the end of the season the league winner with the most points, wins or whatever we decide is the Planet Steelers Champ! We can sort out the details later, now on to joining the league.

First create your team here:

http://football.sportsline.com/splash/football/spln/single/free?source=MKTG_FFBF08_FSPOEFP&refcode=FFBF08_FSPOE

Once you sign up join our private league called 'Planet Steelers North Division' the password is planet. I'll be waiting for you guys to join so the a$$ whooping can start. Any questions please ask. In no way is this perfect but I figured we'd kick it off and improve on it from there. For those that have never played once you sign up there is a bunch of info on scoring and tips on the site. It should be fun!

Oh...please use you handle when you sign up so I know who I'm demoralizing throughout the season!

Edit: League Name Changed to Planet Steelers North Division PLEASE REJOIN!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1

----------------------------------------------

Here are the folks who are in so far...one slot left

1. Costanza2k1
2. RuthlessBurgher
3. stlrz_d
4. Ozey74
5. NorCal-Steeler
6. Gene Yus (NKY)
7. BigLebowski
8. Pure Beef (SMG)
9. Asian Steel
10. The Donkey Punching Midget Nun (eniparadoxgma)
11. SteelerNation1
12. steelsun7

RuthlessBurgher
07-05-2008, 02:30 PM
c2k1,

I signed up, and look forward to whooping you this season.

However, I noticed that you have it set to have an automated draft. That's means the draft is entirely automated. We get to rank players before hand, but it automatically picks for everyone off of our list on draft day. We have no input that day whatsoever to make adjustments to our strategy as the draft goes along, etc. If you change it to a live draft instead, we can all pick in real time that day. If 90 seconds passes and a team does not pick, then the computer will default to your own list (or the SportsLine default list if you didn't make one yourself). I like that much better. Just a thought.

NorCal-Steeler
07-05-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm in, be prepared to get beat up from the feet up :tt2

steelsun7
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
c2k1,

I signed up, and look forward to whooping you this season.

However, I noticed that you have it set to have an automated draft. That's means the draft is entirely automated. We get to rank players before hand, but it automatically picks for everyone off of our list on draft day. We have no input that day whatsoever to make adjustments to our strategy as the draft goes along, etc. If you change it to a live draft instead, we can all pick in real time that day. If 90 seconds passes and a team does not pick, then the computer will default to your own list (or the SportsLine default list if you didn't make one yourself). I like that much better. Just a thought.

def needs to be a live draft.much better.

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 03:08 PM
I just wasted about 30 minutes trying to sign up. I filled out the form...username, password and all that. Then went to login and the same page just keeps coming up over and over again...displaying my username and (coded) password in the login forms. I'm not logged in because every page I navigate to prompts me to sign up. When I try to login on those pages it's the same deal. I'm not sure what the issue is, but unless you can send me an invite I guess I'm out.

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Ok I have to delete this league and create a new one as CBS won't let me change the draft style to live....

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Ok I have to delete this league and create a new one as CBS won't let me change the draft style to live....

I seem to be having trouble even logging in. Care to look at some other free options first? I'd like to participate but sportsline simply will not let me login. I don't even get a user id or password incorrect error message. I get no indication that I'm doing anything wrong...it just won't let me login. I even tried it in IE and nothing. :HeadBanger

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:20 PM

I seem to be having trouble even logging in. Care to look at some other free options first? I'd like to participate but sportsline simply will not let me login. I don't even get a user id or password incorrect error message. I get no indication that I'm doing anything wrong...it just won't let me login. I even tried it in IE and nothing. :HeadBanger

That's pretty odd...we can look at others if you'd like I think CBS does live scoreboards that's why I chose it. Anyone have any ideas why 'd' is having an issue?

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I just wasted about 30 minutes trying to sign up. I filled out the form...username, password and all that. Then went to login and the same page just keeps coming up over and over again...displaying my username and (coded) password in the login forms. I'm not logged in because every page I navigate to prompts me to sign up. When I try to login on those pages it's the same deal. I'm not sure what the issue is, but unless you can send me an invite I guess I'm out.

let me try to invite you...

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 03:23 PM

stlrz, maybe it's happening on purpose, and designed by stanza.... :o :lol:

...Seriously though, try completely going away from it. Log-off the freakin' internet completely. Then try it again.... Sportsline has been "fickle" with me as well in the past, and this always seemed to work. But it may just be coincidence.

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Invite sent stlrz d...try now and see if it works. If anyone else is joining PM me your email and we'll make it work! Should be a blast. Hope you guys don't mind losing? (Note: I'm all smack, win or lose I just don't stop...makes it fun :lol: )

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:27 PM
stlrz, maybe it's happening on purpose, and designed by stanza.... :o :lol:

You bastard you're letting everyone in on the stanza play. I may have to change my handle to Art Vandelay if this continues.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Well then "Art" :wink: ... I have a question for you:

If you change it to a "live" draft, what will happen if I am out on the road working when it's held?... I don't want to sign-up then get hosed because I'm at work during the draft.

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Tried all those things. Even tried signing up again. It told me "stlrz_d" wasn't available this time so I couldn't re-up under that name. Tried "stlrz_d1" and the registration worked, just like last time under "stlrz_d" and same issue. It simply won't let me login.

I'm sure Jim Nance has something to do with this! :HeadBanger

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 03:32 PM

If you change it to a "live" draft, what will happen if I am out on the road working when it's held?... I don't want to sign-up then get hosed because I'm at work during the draft.

It will still auto select for you.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 03:33 PM

It will still auto select for you.

Thnx stlrz. ... I'll give it a try in a little bit then.

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:35 PM
You'll have to rejoin...I screwed up on the draft type...see my edited note please.

I'm in, be prepared to get beat up from the feet up :tt2

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I think I figured it out!

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I think I figured it out!

yup I see you have joined!

:Beer

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Ok, here was the issue...I forgot I had sportsline.com blocked in regards to accepting cookies.

I did it so I could vote multiple times against the Ravens mascot. :oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Now that's funny! The poll destruction plan almost backfired...

Ozey74
07-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I signed up as well. I see that stlrz_d & constanza are also in the league. Please let me know if I didn't do this correctly....

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I signed up as well. I see that stlrz_d & constanza are also in the league. Please let me know if I didn't do this correctly....

Looks good to me! Get ready to get whooped on.

NorCal-Steeler
07-05-2008, 03:59 PM
ok i just logged on to see how many teams are in now and all i see is me and ruthessburger. Did the league somehow split or m i doing something wrong?

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 04:04 PM
ok i just logged on to see how many teams are in now and all i see is me and ruthessburger. Did the league somehow split or m i doing something wrong?

No I screwed up with the draft type...look at my original note. I had to create a new league. Please join the new one...the draft type is now set to live draft.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 04:11 PM
OK, I'm signed in to sportsline.... But where do I find our league?..... I've looked under fantasy, NFL, etc....

Someone please walk me thru it... :oops:

NorCal-Steeler
07-05-2008, 04:14 PM
ok im in the new one, you might want to save a spot for ruthless and pm him on the change. good luck on live coast to coast draft... :wink:

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 04:16 PM
OK, I'm signed in to sportsline.... But where do I find our league?..... I've looked under fantasy, NFL, etc....

Someone please walk me thru it... :oops:

PM me your email add and I'll invite you to the league...I think that maybe easier for both of us.

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 04:17 PM
ok im in the new one, you might want to save a spot for ruthless and pm him on the change. good luck on live coast to coast draft... :wink:

I sent Ruthless a PM...I'll invite him too.

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 04:28 PM
NKY is this you: Gene Yus? If so can you put a NKY is there somewhere...I think you can change it in the options tab...that way we know who you are in relation to the board.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 04:32 PM
NKY is this you: Gene Yus? If so can you put a NKY is there somewhere...I think you can change it in the options tab...that way we know who you are in relation to the board.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
..........Man, can't a guy have some fun?!............. :twisted: ...... DAMN!!!!!!!!!! ... :(
....No Fun League, I tell you what........ :lol:
......I'll change it...But it IS the name I use for college b-ball on there....

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Just drop a hyphen in there so everyone know it's you when you get beat down. :lol:

No fun league...where's that middle finger emoticon when you need it...joking of course.

:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Just drop a hyphen in there so everyone know it's you when you get beat down. :lol:

No fun league...where's that middle finger emoticon when you need it...joking of course.

...No problem Art, I'm just in "one of those moods" today..... :wink: Hell, I'm a legend in my own mind most of the time!...

RuthlessBurgher
07-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Okay, I'm back in on the new "Live Draft" version. Thanks for making that change c2k1 (when I abbreviate your name like that, it sounds like a Star Wars Droid).

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 04:43 PM

...No problem Art, I'm just in "one of those moods" today..... :wink: Hell, I'm a legend in my own mind most of the time!...

That's Mr. Vandelay the architect to you LOL.

Ozey74
07-05-2008, 04:44 PM

Looks good to me! Get ready to get whooped on.

Thank you!!! LET THE PLOTTING BEGING......

:Beer

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 04:48 PM
FWIW, names can be changed to protect the innocent up to 48hrs before the draft.... If my change isn't good enough, I'll just go "old school" with NKy. Hell, I may change it on my own before hand anyway... :lol:

...So when will the date/time be determined for this draft? And how, much more importantly, do I submit a list if I'm going to be working?.... Or will CBS draft for me? How does it work?

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Okay, I'm back in on the new "Live Draft" version. Thanks for making that change c2k1 (when I abbreviate your name like that, it sounds like a Star Wars Droid).

I can deal with that I love Star Wars...I'm a Jedi in my own mind.

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 04:56 PM
FWIW, names can be changed to protect the innocent up to 48hrs before the draft.... If my change isn't good enough, I'll just go "old school" with NKy. Hell, I may change it on my own before hand anyway... :lol:

...So when will the date/time be determined for this draft? And how, much more importantly, do I submit a list if I'm going to be working?.... Or will CBS draft for me? How does it work?

I selected this date and time...don't know if that works for all I can take suggestions:

Your league's live draft is August 16, 2008, 4:00 PM ET.

You can rank you players here so CBS will draft for you if you can't make it:

http://freemeeting.1.football.sportsline.com/rank

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Looks like I have to rank my players..... I'll be knee-deep in sand with my daughter at the beach on the 16th....

RuthlessBurgher
07-05-2008, 04:59 PM

The draft is set for 8-16-08 at 4:00 p.m. EST.

If you do nothing, CBS will draft for you automatically using their own rankings. You can go in any time between now and then and re-arrange those rankings to match your personal preferences. As song as you save those settings, it should choose off of your pre-set list instead of the CBS default list.

RuthlessBurgher
07-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Looks like I have to rank my players..... I'll be knee-deep in sand with my daughter at the beach on the 16th....

I'll be knee deep in sand with my kids for a week starting July 19th...only 2 weeks away...Woo hoo!!! Never been down to the Caribbean before, but we are Punta Cana bound. If anyone has any family down in the D.R., let them know to lock their doors, because I'm coming!!!

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for joining all, we have 6 more slots open...this should be fun!

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Never been down to the Caribbean before, but we are Punta Cana bound.

It's a great place. Was there about two years ago, and will be back down there in Feb (my vacation after football season). .... Don't carry a wallet away from the resort!

RuthlessBurgher
07-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Never been down to the Caribbean before, but we are Punta Cana bound.

It's a great place. Was there about two years ago, and will be back down there in Feb (my vacation after football season). .... Don't carry a wallet away from the resort!

I doubt I'll leave the resort at all. Too many stories of crooked policemen in 3rd world countries out there.

BigLebowski
07-05-2008, 05:39 PM

Damn, as will I, no daughter just the wife! What beach NKy, out of curiousity?

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I doubt I'll leave the resort at all. Too many stories of crooked policemen in 3rd world countries out there.

It's not the cops you gotta worry about, it's the moochers....

I've been to probably half of the islands down there, and where you're going is not bad at all.... If you get the chance to do a "day excursion" out thru the Carribbean Sea, take it!... You'll go thru old Santo Domingo along the way to the boat, and get a chance to see where alot of the movie "Apocolypse Now" was filmed.... Pretty cool views along the way. And the water/beach is phenomenal!

Shawn
07-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm in...let me set up my team.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 06:01 PM

Will be in Myrtle in August. 11th thru 17th (also going down there next week). And will undoubtably be visiting Oscars'...

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5483/07beachbrynnbrenda059dr3.jpg

...Will be taking the better-half to Punta Cana in Feb. since she hasn't been there. Besides, what better way to "unwind" after a long football season?!... :wink:

Shawn
07-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I cant find the league...I do a search and it doesnt show up.

BTW: The team name....Pure Beef.

That's right...pure 100% grade A byotches!

:D

BigLebowski
07-05-2008, 06:05 PM

Will be in Myrtle in August. 11th thru 17th (also going down there next week). And will undoubtably be visiting Oscars'...

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5483/07beachbrynnbrenda059dr3.jpg

I will be at Myrtle the same exact week. I keep telling my wife how pissed I am for missing a preseason game. I hope to find some feed for the game on Thursday the 14th. Pre-season or not I am still mad I might miss it. Hopefully even at Oscars. :Cheers

Shawn
07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Ok...I found it...when is our draft? We are doing a live draft correct?

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok...I found it...when is our draft? We are doing a live draft correct?

August 16th.

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 06:11 PM
4 slots left before we have to create another conference...

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 06:18 PM

stanz, you GOTTA save one spot for AS in the North.... I want to spank his azc!
(no sarcastic jokes, ok?!....) :lol:

Shawn
07-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Is this also the post where we talk smack to one another...because I plan on beating some azzes. Have I ever played FF? No. Am I scared of those more experienced. Ha! Experience is overrated...I have shear football knowledge. I will revolutionize the game of FF!

or I'll get my azz beat and complain about the cheaters...lol. :D

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 06:21 PM

stanz, you GOTTA save one spot for AS in the North.... I want to spank his azc!
(no sarcastic jokes, ok?!....) :lol:

Unfortunately I can't save any slots it's all controlled by the man (CBS). I sent him a PM, I'll try again. If you have his email send him an invite or PM it to me and I will. On another note keep you Asian fantasies to yourself please...spankin ass...hmmm

:shock:

Shawn
07-05-2008, 06:21 PM

stanz, you GOTTA save one spot for AS in the North.... I want to spank his azc!(no sarcastic jokes, ok?!....) :lol:

http://www.shawnolson.net/media/16_Jeremy_drool.gif

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Is this also the post where we talk smack to one another...because I plan on beating some azzes. Have I ever played FF? No. Am I scared of those more experienced. Ha! Experience is overrated...I have shear football knowledge. I will revolutionize the game of FF!

or I'll get my azz beat and complain about the cheaters...lol. :D

It can be this post or we can list the matchups for each week in a new post and let the bashing begin. Whoever has the skills to do so, go ahead and create the Planet Steelers FF trophy now with my name on it. It will be mine!

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Cool, thanks I see him joined now. 3 more slots left!

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately I can't save any slots it's all controlled by the man (CBS). I sent him a PM, I'll try again. If you have his email send him an invite or PM it to me and I will. On another note keep you Asian fantasies to yourself please...spankin bad word...hmmm

I talked to him, and got him registered. No worries...Except for the "spanking"... :twisted:

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 09:05 PM
All this talk of beaches and islands and so on has got me wondering what in the hell I did wrong...I can't even spare the cash to put some gas in my boat to go fishing. :cry:

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 09:15 PM
All this talk of beaches and islands and so on has got me wondering what in the hell I did wrong...I can't even spare the cash to put some gas in my boat to go fishing. :cry:

I'm in the same boat as you (no pun intended). How I get and go to vacations is by paying everything with a rewards card, all bills, eating out, gas, and so on. By next year my wife and I will hit up our 2nd trip to Hawaii off that card! Yup that's how I roll, points baby.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 09:41 PM
stanza, believe it or not, that is how I travel with Brenda... I put absolutely everything on my AMEX card for miles (it's just too hard to non-rev nowadays)... As for the trips, I own the condo in Myrtle, so it's a low-cost trip otherwise.... But I do make trips down to the islands every year, although I probably shouldn't. But the way I look at it is that there is no prize for having money left over when I'm dead.

...I've never been to Hawaii, and REALLY want to go sometime. But I figure I need two weeks back-to-back so as to really enjoy it... But I've been all over the Caribbean multiple times.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 09:43 PM

I just put $70 in the tank of my Explorer.... I have no idea how someone handles a boat as well...

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 09:46 PM

I just put $70 in the tank of my Explorer.... I have no idea how someone handles a boat as well...

My boat is 14' and has only 2 tanks that are 6 gallons each.

Guess I was just lamenting all the poor decisions I've made over the years. :(

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 10:09 PM

No fair!!!! ... I had to modify my name so as to include my board name....
This is the No Fun League..... (just kidding Art), so you have to include SMG somehow so everyone knows you...... Right stanza?!.....
:evil:

eniparadoxgma
07-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm in.

"The Donkey Punching Midget Nuns" or something similar. Sorry, brainfried today. :)

It's on.

FYI, my handle is ParadoXgma (dang name was too long lol).

eniparadoxgma
07-05-2008, 10:14 PM

Haha, at least you got a boat you hoser!

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Alright then.... I changed mine back. Sorry Mr. Vandelay..... :twisted:

eniparadoxgma
07-05-2008, 10:24 PM
"Oh...please use you handle when you sign up so I know who I'm demoralizing throughout the season!"

Oops. Didn't see that. Well...don't you guys already associate donkey punching, midgets, and nuns with me anyhow? :)

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 10:30 PM
"Oh...please use you handle when you sign up so I know who I'm demoralizing throughout the season!"

Oops. Didn't see that. Well...don't you guys already associate donkey punching, midgets, and nuns with me anyhow? :)

Yes, we do.... And this comes to mind..... :lol:

[youtube:1l1i9t74]i38X8GA0wAY&hl[/youtube:1l1i9t74]

Shawn
07-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I suggest...yall run with

Loser #1
Loser #2
Loser #3

I think you get the idea. :mrgreen:

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I suggest...yall run with

Loser #1
Loser #2
Loser #3

I think you get the idea. :mrgreen:

That's mighty big talk before the season.... But then again, I'm used to hearing that up here in Cincinnati.... Not that your record in this league will resemble the Bengals in any way........ :o

SteelerNation1
07-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Any spots left...too lazy to read through all 5 pages

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 10:39 PM

Yup.... 3 left.... Sign on, bro!... :wink:

stlrz d
07-05-2008, 10:41 PM

It was $2000...hardly the Queen Mary!

SteelerNation1
07-05-2008, 10:42 PM

Yup.... 3 left.... Sign on, bro!... :wink:
Sweet! :tt1

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 10:44 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1gumgknt]All this talk of beaches and islands and so on has got me wondering what in the hell I did wrong...I can't even spare the cash to put some gas in my boat to go fishing. :cry:

It was $2000...hardly the Queen Mary![/quote:1gumgknt]

But the real question is ... "Is it painted black-n-gold?"... "Do you have a Steeler logo on it?"

SteelerNation1
07-05-2008, 10:52 PM
I am in! Prepare to Die! Give him the body bag Johnny!!!!!!!!!!! :Beer

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 10:55 PM

:Blah :Blah :Blah .................................................. ................................. :wink:

SteelerNation1
07-05-2008, 10:56 PM

:Blah :Blah :Blah .................................................. ................................. :wink:
NKY you are going to get this :owned all season long baby!

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 11:01 PM

NKY you are going to get this :owned all season long baby!

You know, my ex-wife says the same thing...................

...Crap!... She's right!.... She gets the money... :? ... But YOU will loose to the superior power!

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 11:02 PM

No fair!!!! ... I had to modify my name so as to include my board name....
This is the No Fun League..... (just kidding Art), so you have to include SMG somehow so everyone knows you...... Right stanza?!.....
:evil:

True, not trying to ruin your creativity but what's the fun if we don't know who we're beating down?

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 11:04 PM

Yo eniparadoxgma please include your handle in the paragraph you have for a team name please.

:tt1

eniparadoxgma
07-05-2008, 11:04 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2gnmop0j]All this talk of beaches and islands and so on has got me wondering what in the hell I did wrong...I can't even spare the cash to put some gas in my boat to go fishing. :cry:

It was $2000...hardly the Queen Mary![/quote:2gnmop0j]

And that would be 1 2000 dollar boat more than I have.

The grass isn't always greener, stlrz...unless you're me. :(

Haha, just joshin. Expensive material items mess with my daily epiphanies....or at least that's what I keep tellin myself. ;)

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 11:05 PM
1 spot left! We may have to start another league if the interest is great...perhaps a South Division?

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 11:07 PM
True, not trying to ruin your creativity but what's the fun if we don't know who we're beating down?

Actually stanz, I think most within the league know who we are, regardless of sur-names.

... And I know who to laugh at after I spank you all!!!....... :twisted:
(Damn!.... More "spanking" references..... sorry...) :oops: :lol:

eniparadoxgma
07-05-2008, 11:07 PM

Yo eniparadoxgma please include your handle in the paragraph you have for a team name please.

Done.

How bout you edit the first post in the thread once we have all 12 and post everyone's regular handle/FF handle/team names so we all know what's what. What ya say, mane?

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 11:08 PM

Done.

How bout you edit the first post in the thread once we have all 12 and post everyone's regular handle/FF handle/team names so we all know what's what. What ya say, mane?

Sure no problem! Great idea.

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 11:14 PM
That's fine be the rebel...I create one rule and up comes a rebel who breaks it. :lol: :lol:

It makes sense...after the whooping you get from me when we matchup you will probably end up changing your team name to Nutsack anyhow.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Ouch!!..... Were you referring to me, or someone else that is "brushing thier hair against the grain" ?....... :lol:

Tough to tell with the way this thread is going.... But several have different names.

.... I'll just spank you all and take names later.... (Damn!... I can't get away from that "spanking" thing, can I ?!... Good thing my "better-half" is not here tonight!.... :twisted: )

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Ouch!!..... Were you referring to me, or someone else that is "brushing thier hair against the grain" ?....... :lol:

Tough to tell with the way this thread is going.... But several have different names.

.... I'll just spank myself and take names later.... (Damn!... I can't get away from that "spanking" thing, can I ?!... Good thing my "better-half" is not here tonight!.... :twisted: )

There fixed it for you.

:wft

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 11:33 PM
:Clap .......... Ha Ha!!......... Remember, we all can change our names to the board sur-names up to the draft....

...........stanz, I'm just having fun tonight.... I'll comply to whatever is needed/desired for the rest of the group. I think you know that... If you don't, then I'll just have to spank you a bit harder!..... :o :twisted: :stirpot

.... But "self-gratification" is under rated as well..... :lol:

costanza2k1
07-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I know you're having fun...so am I. My board personality doesn't come out too often for you all to tell. I think the league will end up being a lot of fun for this board. It will give us something to yap about when our team isn't playing on a Sun or is on a bye at the very least. No need to comply with anything...I just wanted to get a league started, the intent isn't to be anal about it...we are already surrounded by junk like that in life...worst case scenario we'll just post a legend of who's who if dummies like me can't figure it out.

You can carry on with the spanking now...

:P

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 11:47 PM
You can carry on with the spanking now...

I'm by myself tonight, so that isn't a good idea..... :lol:

Seriously, thanx for starting this. It will be ALOT of fun.........

eniparadoxgma
07-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Yup yup. I agree with the above. I'm down with whatever is best for the league. I just honestly didn't see that part when I made my team.

Thanks for startin her up, constanz! I'm lookin forward to pwning you all in the somewhat-near-future. 8)

steelsun7
07-06-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm in brother!
I was the 12th of 12 members.we are full and ready to roll!

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 12:22 AM
...and so it begins. Should be a blast!

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 12:26 AM
stanz, this is just the "weekend crowd".... You'll have at least another division once the weekday group shows up..... Question will be, how will we be able to "intermingle" amongst divisions?....

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
NKY, I think we can create an unlimited number of leagues. I suspect we'll end up with 3 leagues total when it's all said and done. We'll have to figure out an 'overall' Planet FF champ between the leagues when the season is over. We could pick the winner by total points scored, win percentages, and so on in the event of a tie. The scoring system and total players starting and on the bench are identical at CBS so we should be able to make this work. The only hangup maybe is that we won't be able to see the points between the different leagues since the leagues are private, but we can simple post the total point and final scores each week in separate posts...it seems like a lot of work and we may just have to ask J for a Fantasy forum to keep the clutter on the Steelers forum down. We'll see. I'm pretty excited because the ball seems to be rolling and once the other folks start to see what has been started we may have a lot of players/leagues. Something like this should keep our site members close like a big family (even if it's dysfunctional). Obviously I'm open to suggestions...this isn't my baby I just figured it would be fun.

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Well, you're in the drivers' seat, like it or not. ..... And yes, it will be alot of fun. I bet alot more will want to participate in this. .... Good job, brother!..... :Clap

..... I'll refrain from the "spanking" references for now..... :lol:

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 12:55 AM
I'll run with this as far as I can! It's on:

[youtube:1lth8ftn]jGqc8PeYq5A[/youtube:1lth8ftn]

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Can't believe I never saw this:

[youtube:roo1k3j3]y0Yo6fw0Du0[/youtube:roo1k3j3]

AngryAsian
07-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Having this internet restriction at work is really starting to suck. I miss out on all the trash talking that goes on here. I just want to say that this will pop my proverbial fantasy football cherry. Regardless of that fact, I'll be wiping the floor with most of you if not taking the whole damn thing. Make no mistake about it..... I will however defer to my brethren of the North for some suggestions on my FF name choice for this season. Here are some of the finalists:

Gridiron Gook
Jap Lambert
Porama Woo
Constanza's Contest Winner
Slappin' SMG
Fierce Filipino
NKy's Daddy

Let me know which one makes the grade. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozey74
07-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Jap Lambert

:Clap

Shawn
07-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Jap lambert :lol:

Shawn
07-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Having this internet restriction at work is really starting to suck. I miss out on all the trash talking that goes on here. I just want to say that this will pop my proverbial fantasy football cherry. Regardless of that fact, I'll be wiping the floor with most of you if not taking the whole damn thing. Make no mistake about it..... I will however defer to my brethren of the North for some suggestions on my FF name choice for this season. Here are some of the finalists:

Gridiron Gook
Jap Lambert
Porama Woo
Constanza's Contest Winner
Slappin' SMGFierce Filipino
NKy's Daddy

Slappin SMG...now that is very funny. That will look even better in second place. :D

stlrz d
07-06-2008, 10:29 AM
It's always the FF rooks who do the most talking early...cuz they're seldom heard from late.

:stirpot

Ozey74
07-06-2008, 10:32 AM
It's always the FF rooks who do the most talking early...cuz they're seldom heard from late.

I've seen what your talking about many, many, many times.........

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I'll run with this as far as I can! It's on:

[youtube:3fhpyifz]jGqc8PeYq5A[/youtube:3fhpyifz]

Now THAT is funny!.............. :lol:

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Having this internet restriction at work is really starting to suck...FF name choice for this season. Here are some of the finalists:

NKy's Daddy

after you start the season 0-4 your going to thank work for blocking you out. I suggest you go with NKy...he's been talking about spanking you all day yesterday...I think he will gladly call you 'daddy' :D :twisted:

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Having this internet restriction at work is really starting to suck...FF name choice for this season. Here are some of the finalists:

NKy's Daddy

after you start the season 0-4 your going to thank work for blocking you out. I suggest you go with NKy...he's been talking about spanking you all day yesterday...I think he will gladly call you 'daddy' :D :twisted:

Nah.... That's reserved for when I'm hand-cuffed to the bed, and my better-half is standing over me with the whip, the sheep is tied-up to the door, and..... err.... :oops: .... Wrong forum again..... Damn!.............. :lol:

AngryAsian
07-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Nah.... That's reserved for when I'm hand-cuffed to the bed in my leather gimp costume while SMG and RPMPIT are in a vat of Jello, wrestling eachother to get to see who's next, all the while a big harry biker dude with queso dip is standing over me with the whip, the middgets riding horseback on the sheep is tied-up to the door, and hopefully this empty sexual experience will help me forget that AsianSteel owned me in this year's FF league..... err.... :oops: .... Wrong forum again..... Damn!.............. :lol:

There, fixed that for ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
07-06-2008, 02:44 PM

Pffft.

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Nah.... That's reserved for when I'm hand-cuffed to the bed in my leather gimp costume while SMG and RPMPIT are in a vat of Jello, wrestling eachother to get to see who's next, all the while a big harry biker dude with queso dip is standing over me with the whip, the middgets riding horseback on the sheep is tied-up to the door, and hopefully this empty sexual experience will help me forget that AsianSteel owned me in this year's FF league..... err.... :oops: .... Wrong forum again..... Damn!.............. :lol:

There, fixed that for ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, I may be "sick", but you're dimented..... :lol:

BigLebowski
07-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Now since the league is full, we just have to wait for the season to start. Ugh!!!!

I just want to say good luck to all, and normally I would thank everyone for their $$$. :wink:

Which one of the rookies will draft all the Steelers?

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Now since the league is full, we just have to wait for the season to start. Ugh!!!!

I just want to say good luck to all, and normally I would thank everyone for their $$$. :wink:

...I haven't played FF for the last four seasons BECAUSE I found myself drafting all Steelers... :?

BigLebowski
07-06-2008, 03:43 PM

...I haven't played FF for the last four seasons BECAUSE I found myself drafting all Steelers... :?

I know, it is always a tough call. It is even harder watching my team play the Steelers. But there is always one guy in every league that loads up with players from their favorite team.

Although since this league is made up of entirely Steeler fans, the question is now different.

Who will be the first to reach for a Steeler?
:wink:

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Although since this league is made up of entirely Steeler fans, the question is now different.

Pending on the draft order (which is another good question... How will the order be decided?) .................... Me. :lol:

stlrz d
07-06-2008, 03:50 PM

Me too...and I have a feeling we're seeing it again now!

RuthlessBurgher
07-06-2008, 03:50 PM

I know, it is always a tough call. It is even harder watching my team play the Steelers. But there is always one guy in every league that loads up with players from their favorite team.

The first round will look something like this:

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Willie Parker
3. Santonio Holmes
4. Hines Ward
5. Heath Miller
6. Rashard Mendenhall
7. Steelers D/ST
8. Jeff Reed
9. Limas Sweed
10. Nate Washington
11. Matt Spaeth
12. Mewelde Moore

Round 2:
1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Adrian Peterson
etc....
:lol:

Shawn
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
There are certainly some Steelers on my list. I won't stretch for any of them. It's kind of like Madden for me. I make the best plays despite my love for the Steelers...on Madden I run with the Eagles...westbrooks speed/hands...curtis speed...fast DEs...solid secondary.

So, what are the chances that a FF rookie like myself could win this thing?

And what kind of prize...do we designate for the winner? Maybe we can talk our local Jap Lambert into a customized award sig. :D

Shawn
07-06-2008, 03:54 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1prk8sdn]It's always the FF rooks who do the most talking early...cuz they're seldom heard from late.

Me too...and I have a feeling we're seeing it again now![/quote:1prk8sdn]

:moon

RuthlessBurgher
07-06-2008, 03:55 PM

Pending on the draft order (which is another good question... How will the order be decided?) .................... Me. :lol:

According to the league rules posted on SportsLine:

The order of the draft will be randomly generated between midnight and 6:00 AM ET either the day of, or the day before the draft.

Shawn
07-06-2008, 03:56 PM

According to the league rules posted on SportsLine:

The order of the draft will be randomly generated between midnight and 6:00 AM ET either the day of, or the day before the draft.

And I have already paid off CBS. Good luck guys. LOL

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 03:59 PM

Thank you.... You are a veritable "fountain of knowledge". Someone like myself without a life................... :lol:
(seriously though, thanx....)

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 04:01 PM

I hereby demand that "Raw Meat", "Little Beef", or whatever his name is, be penalized for bribing the officiating body of said contest!............. :lol:

BigLebowski
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM

Pretty good, FF is as much about luck as it is skill.

Shawn
07-06-2008, 04:11 PM

I hereby demand that "Raw Meat", "Little Beef", or whatever his name is, be penalized for bribing the officiating body of said contest!............. :lol:

It's Pure Beef...100% grade A. Actually, that name was the name of my HS intramural basketball team...HS sense of humor. I just had to go ole school on you punks. :D

Shawn
07-06-2008, 04:12 PM

Pretty good, FF is as much about luck as it is skill.

Luck...sounds good. I'll need some of that. :)

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 04:13 PM
And what kind of prize...do we designate for the winner? Maybe we can talk our local Jap Lambert into a customized award sig. :D

...Maybe he could just add an emblem on your cup.... Sorta like the Stanley Cup does...

...Oh, wait.......... IT AIN'T DONE YET!.................... :twisted:

AngryAsian
07-06-2008, 04:22 PM
There are certainly some Steelers on my list. I won't stretch for any of them. It's kind of like Madden for me. I make the best plays despite my love for the Steelers...on Madden I run with the Eagles...westbrooks speed/hands...curtis speed...fast DEs...solid secondary.

Besides bragging rights, like all things on this board with regards to contests I'll be wiling to create a specialized sig proclaiming the winner's greatness and what not..... We'll need to make a legit title for this thing so whoever comes up with one, PM me with the details and I'll whip something up especially for this contest.

NorCal-Steeler
07-06-2008, 04:28 PM
FF usaly comes down to who uses the waiver wire the best. who can find the up and comeing stars and a deep bench for bye weeks.

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Besides bragging rights, like all things on this board with regards to contests I'll be wiling to create a specialized sig proclaiming the winner's greatness and what not..... We'll need to make a legit title for this thing so whoever comes up with one, PM me with the details and I'll whip something up especially for this contest.

Sorry, you can't... At least not till it gets expanded.... There will undoubtably be another league or two from this board with the guys that don't post on weekends, and to limit it to 12 players is asking for ridicule... Incorporate everyone involved somehow, and figure out a way to "meld" the leagues first. Then determine a champ. ...

.... My soapbox entry is now done. Thank you for your attention. Carry on. :wink:

costanza2k1
07-06-2008, 05:16 PM

Well whatever sig type we make go ahead and put my name on it for now to save sometime...the league is mind. Pure Bologna and Spanky have now chance in this thing.

SteelerOfDeVille
07-07-2008, 03:19 PM
dangit, how'd i miss this? was i the champ last year?

costanza2k1
07-07-2008, 03:24 PM
dangit, how'd i miss this? was i the champ last year?

The other division is still open, let's do this:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1116

NKySteeler
07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Pure Bologna and Spanky have now chance in this thing.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3880/ogmcfardq3.jpg

eniparadoxgma
07-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Btw, I am going to thoroughly DEMOLISH you suckas!!!11

:moon

steelsun7
07-12-2008, 02:58 PM

Shawn,that's some funny sheit.
(sorry AA)

AngryAsian
07-12-2008, 04:03 PM

Shawn,that's some funny sheit.
(sorry AA)

No worries.... Jap Lambert will have his revenge.

costanza2k1
07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Well north side, the southies are doing 11.50 each to a pot and the winner gets 100 at the end of the season. Are we game? I am.

Shawn
07-22-2008, 02:22 PM
That would be gambling...and I do not condone such an activity.

Ok...not even I believed that. I'm in. :)

stlrz d
07-29-2008, 06:34 AM
When is the draft again?

costanza2k1
07-29-2008, 12:25 PM
When is the draft again?

August 16th...

stlrz d
07-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks!

AngryAsian
07-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Help!!!!

Found out today I'll be working the night before and the night of our draft. Can someone please let me know how I'll be able to execute this when I'll be sleeping. Any help and advice will do. I'm suddenly reminded of that NFL commercial where the guys are speaking to this one dude who missed the draft via speaker phone and come to find out the missing guy was at his own wedding. At the end one of the guys at the draft tells the groom "You'll get, who we say you get!"

Please help me out!

RuthlessBurgher
07-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Help!!!!

Found out today I'll be working the night before and the night of our draft. Can someone please let me know how I'll be able to execute this when I'll be sleeping. Any help and advice will do. I'm suddenly reminded of that NFL commercial where the guys are speaking to this one dude who missed the draft via speaker phone and come to find out the missing guy was at his own wedding. At the end one of the guys at the draft tells the groom "You'll get, who we say you get!"

Please help me out!

You can set your preferred draft order on the site well in advance of the draft, and the computer will just automatically pick the next guy on your list for you.

AngryAsian
07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Help!!!!

Please help me out!

You can set your preferred draft order on the site well in advance of the draft, and the computer will just automatically pick the next guy on your list for you.

Thanks, Ruthless... I'll try tonight.

NKySteeler
07-30-2008, 01:13 PM

I'm in the same boat as AS, and will be out of town for the draft...

... I glanced at it very briefly when I signed-up, but how "exactly" do you do it? How will it pick different positions vs top players? Is it just simply ranking the players? If so, how do you avoid getting 7 running backs and no kickers or defenses? ....Help would be appreciated...

RuthlessBurgher
07-30-2008, 01:21 PM

I'm in the same boat as AS, and will be out of town for the draft...

... I glanced at it very briefly when I signed-up, but how "exactly" do you do it? How will it pick different positions vs top players? Is it just simply ranking the players? If so, how do you avoid getting 7 running backs and no kickers or defenses? ....Help would be appreciated...

YOU WILL GET 7 RUNNING BACKS AND NO KICKERS OR DEFENSES...AND LIKE IT!!!

Seriously, though...I haven't tried it since I plan to be present for the draft.

Perhaps the program will be smart enough to let you say you want 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, etc. so it doesn't overstock you at certain positions and understock you at others, but I'm not entirely sure one way or the other. But if you end up getting hosed by the computer, I'll be open to interesting trades (*cough* in my favor *cough*) to help you round out your team. :lol:

NKySteeler
07-30-2008, 03:02 PM
... But if you end up getting hosed by the computer, I'll be open to interesting trades (*cough* in my favor *cough*) to help you round out your team. :lol:

I'm sure you would.... I have a saying for situations like this... ;"I like to be 'kissed' first." ... :lol:

...I'm considering letting the computer make the draft for me without even ranking them, since it will probably take the BPA at each position. But what bothers me is "how does it know to even the squad" for various positions?.... stanz, this is your gig, so do you have any insight into it?

costanza2k1
07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
... But if you end up getting hosed by the computer, I'll be open to interesting trades (*cough* in my favor *cough*) to help you round out your team. :lol:

I'm sure you would.... I have a saying for situations like this... ;"I like to be 'kissed' first." ... :lol:

...I'm considering letting the computer make the draft for me without even ranking them, since it will probably take the BPA at each position. But what bothers me is "how does it know to even the squad" for various positions?.... stanz, this is your gig, so do you have any insight into it?

The automated draft will fill in your roster slot for you so you don't end up with all kickers lol.

More info if you want it:

Live Draft Instructions
After you join or create a Live Draft league, you will have the opportunity to make changes to CBSSports.com's default Rank List, which is a list of all NFL players that are eligible to be drafted, ranked from best to worst by our Fantasy experts.

It is recommended that you, prior to your draft, organize the Rank List according to your own player preferences. However, you are welcome to leave the Rank List in the order our experts have provided. During the live draft CBSSports.com will use your Rank List as a backup in case your time limit expires before you make a pick (explained below).

On draft day there will be a "Draft Room" link in the Message Center on your League home page - the link is also available in the Draft Prep component of your League Home page. This link will allow entry into the draft room. During the Live Draft, each team will have 90 seconds to select an NFL player. The order of the draft will be randomly generated between midnight and 6:00 AM ET either the day of, or the day before the draft. If your league has the mandatory 12 owners as of approximately 48 hours prior to your scheduled draft date, the league will aggregate and generate a draft order. If not, your league will receive an e-mail explaining that you must have 12 owners as of 24 hours prior to your draft date. If your league does not have 12 team owners at that time, your league will be disbanded and each owner will have to join or create another league.

In the draft room, you will be able to place NFL players into a Draft Queue - which is simply a list of players, in order of priority, that you are interested in taking with your next draft pick. When it is your turn to pick, you will have 90 seconds to draft a player. If the 90 seconds pass and you have not manually selected a player, the player ranked highest in your Draft Queue will be automatically drafted. If the Draft Queue is empty, a pick will then be made from your Rank List. In such a case, the highest rated player from the Rank List will be drafted unless that position is filled - in which case the next best available option, at the next highest Ranked position list, will be drafted. The draft order will "snake" at the end of each round, meaning that the team with the last pick in the current round will have the first pick in the next round.

Waiver priority immediately after the draft will be the reverse order of the first round of the draft. So Team #12 will have the highest waiver priority and Team #1 the lowest waiver priority.

You'll find more help with the live draft in the Help Center inside your league after signup.

Automated Draft Instructions
As with a Live Draft, after creating or joining an Automated Draft league, you will have the opportunity to rank all the eligible NFL players. However, in an Automated Draft you can organize 6 Rank Lists - one list for each Fantasy position: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DST. You will rank the players on each list in the order of your preference, with the player you'd most like to draft being #1 on a list, and so on.

You will assign these rank lists to each of the 14 rounds of your draft, based on the position you would like to draft in each round (i.e. If you feel QBs represent the strongest position, then assign the QBs rank list to the first round; if you feel RBs represent the next strongest position, assign the RBs rank list to the second round, and so on.)

As in the Live Draft, you are not required to make changes to our rank lists. If you choose not to, our default lists, which reflect the rankings of our Fantasy experts, will be used. However, if you decide to organize the lists yourself, you will have up to 24 hours prior to your draft day to do so. When there are 24 hours left until your draft day, the rank lists will be closed and considered ready for the draft.

On the morning of the scheduled draft day, an Automated Draft will be conducted. Players will automatically be drafted for you using your Rank Lists. An e-mail will be sent to each owner after the draft has been completed.

Please refer to the table below (each number in the table refers to each team's draft position for that round) for the draft order for the full 14 rounds of the draft. You'll see that the order staggers each round of the draft (Team #1 has the first pick in round 1; Team #6 has the first pick in round 2, etc.) so that each team will have the opportunity to draft 1st in a round at least once.

Round 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Team 1 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8
Team 2 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9
Team 3 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10
Team 4 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11
Team 5 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12
Team 6 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1
Team 7 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2
Team 8 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3
Team 9 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4
Team 10 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5
Team 11 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6
Team 12 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7

In the preseason, waiver priority immediately after the draft will be the reverse order of the first round of the draft. So Team #12 will have the highest waiver priority and Team #1 the lowest waiver priority.

Ozey74
07-30-2008, 07:35 PM
The league that I have been a part of for 7 years is also on CBSsportsline.com. Am I able to be a part of this league also? There is a thing that says if I decide to join another league, I will be dropped from this league???

Anyone know anything about this?

costanza2k1
07-30-2008, 07:44 PM
That's a great question Ozey...under the help center you can email them for information and they respond back pretty quickly.

Ozey74
07-30-2008, 07:47 PM
That's a great question Ozey...under the help center you can email them for information and they respond back pretty quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope this doesn't cause a dilema for the league!!

I'm off to cbssportline.com......

eniparadoxgma
08-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Saturday at 4pm EST? That right?

costanza2k1
08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
yes sir that's correct!

stlrz d
08-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Is there a link to the scoring system and I'm just not seeing it?

costanza2k1
08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
It's under league rules

http://freemeeting.1.football.sportslin ... ting/rules (http://freemeeting.1.football.sportsline.com/meeting/rules)

stlrz d
08-11-2008, 11:04 PM
It's under league rules

http://freemeeting.1.football.sportslin ... ting/rules (http://freemeeting.1.football.sportsline.com/meeting/rules)

Thanks!

steelsun7
08-11-2008, 11:15 PM

The automated draft will fill in your roster slot for you so you don't end up with all kickers lol.

More info if you want it:

Live Draft Instructions
After you join or create a Live Draft league, you will have the opportunity to make changes to CBSSports.com's default Rank List, which is a list of all NFL players that are eligible to be drafted, ranked from best to worst by our Fantasy experts.

It is recommended that you, prior to your draft, organize the Rank List according to your own player preferences. However, you are welcome to leave the Rank List in the order our experts have provided. During the live draft CBSSports.com will use your Rank List as a backup in case your time limit expires before you make a pick (explained below).

On draft day there will be a "Draft Room" link in the Message Center on your League home page - the link is also available in the Draft Prep component of your League Home page. This link will allow entry into the draft room. During the Live Draft, each team will have 90 seconds to select an NFL player. The order of the draft will be randomly generated between midnight and 6:00 AM ET either the day of, or the day before the draft. If your league has the mandatory 12 owners as of approximately 48 hours prior to your scheduled draft date, the league will aggregate and generate a draft order. If not, your league will receive an e-mail explaining that you must have 12 owners as of 24 hours prior to your draft date. If your league does not have 12 team owners at that time, your league will be disbanded and each owner will have to join or create another league.

In the draft room, you will be able to place NFL players into a Draft Queue - which is simply a list of players, in order of priority, that you are interested in taking with your next draft pick. When it is your turn to pick, you will have 90 seconds to draft a player. If the 90 seconds pass and you have not manually selected a player, the player ranked highest in your Draft Queue will be automatically drafted. If the Draft Queue is empty, a pick will then be made from your Rank List. In such a case, the highest rated player from the Rank List will be drafted unless that position is filled - in which case the next best available option, at the next highest Ranked position list, will be drafted. The draft order will "snake" at the end of each round, meaning that the team with the last pick in the current round will have the first pick in the next round.

Waiver priority immediately after the draft will be the reverse order of the first round of the draft. So Team #12 will have the highest waiver priority and Team #1 the lowest waiver priority.

You'll find more help with the live draft in the Help Center inside your league after signup.

Automated Draft Instructions
As with a Live Draft, after creating or joining an Automated Draft league, you will have the opportunity to rank all the eligible NFL players. However, in an Automated Draft you can organize 6 Rank Lists - one list for each Fantasy position: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DST. You will rank the players on each list in the order of your preference, with the player you'd most like to draft being #1 on a list, and so on.

You will assign these rank lists to each of the 14 rounds of your draft, based on the position you would like to draft in each round (i.e. If you feel QBs represent the strongest position, then assign the QBs rank list to the first round; if you feel RBs represent the next strongest position, assign the RBs rank list to the second round, and so on.)

As in the Live Draft, you are not required to make changes to our rank lists. If you choose not to, our default lists, which reflect the rankings of our Fantasy experts, will be used. However, if you decide to organize the lists yourself, you will have up to 24 hours prior to your draft day to do so. When there are 24 hours left until your draft day, the rank lists will be closed and considered ready for the draft.

On the morning of the scheduled draft day, an Automated Draft will be conducted. Players will automatically be drafted for you using your Rank Lists. An e-mail will be sent to each owner after the draft has been completed.

Please refer to the table below (each number in the table refers to each team's draft position for that round) for the draft order for the full 14 rounds of the draft. You'll see that the order staggers each round of the draft (Team #1 has the first pick in round 1; Team #6 has the first pick in round 2, etc.) so that each team will have the opportunity to draft 1st in a round at least once.

Round 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Team 1 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8
Team 2 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9
Team 3 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10
Team 4 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11
Team 5 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12
Team 6 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1
Team 7 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2
Team 8 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3
Team 9 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4
Team 10 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5
Team 11 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7 2 9 4 11 6
Team 12 12 7 2 9 4 11 6 1 8 3 10 5 12 7

In the preseason, waiver priority immediately after the draft will be the reverse order of the first round of the draft. So Team #12 will have the highest waiver priority and Team #1 the lowest waiver priority.

that system kind of sucks.I think the "snake" drafting format is much fairer

RuthlessBurgher
08-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah, that is VERY weird. I've only ever done snake drafts.

Getting 1st pick is a HUGE advantage over getting 12th pick. The 12th guy only gets to pick one slot ahead of the 1st guy in every freaking round except for the all-important 1st round and the next-to-last round. What the?!?!

steelsun7
08-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah, that is VERY weird. I've only ever done snake drafts.

Getting 1st pick is a HUGE advantage over getting 12th pick. The 12th guy only gets to pick one slot ahead of the 1st guy in every freaking round except for the all-important 1st round and the next-to-last round. What the?!?!

I know.This just doesn't seem to fair.I wonder if we can change to snake style.It would be the best way. :2c

Ozey74
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Are we betting anything in this league? I know it's been discussed in the previous pages of the thread. I'm too lazy to search through the posts.

SteelerNation1
08-13-2008, 12:15 PM
When is the draft again?

August 16th...
Time?

RuthlessBurgher
08-13-2008, 12:26 PM
When is the draft again?

August 16th...
Time?

4:00 p.m. EST

SteelerNation1
08-13-2008, 08:06 PM
When is the draft again?

August 16th...
Time?

4:00 p.m. EST
Thanks.

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2008, 04:23 PM
The Planet Steelers North Division fantasy schedule is out. Stlrz_d is my first victim. BigLebowski will go down after that. NorCalSteeler will be humbled in week 3. Those 3 teams get the privilege of being pummelled by me twice, as I face the same 3 Central Division rivals again in weeks 12-14. They were kind to the commissioner, allowing him a nice 10 week cushion before I destroy his team in week 11.

I haven't been able to find a draft order yet, though. That is what I was in there looking for.

RuthlessBurgher
08-15-2008, 04:27 PM
I found the draft order.

Drum Roll, Please...

1 BigLebowski
2 Costanza2k1
3 SteelerNation1
4 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun
5 Asian Steel
6 Ozey74
7 steelsun7
8 NKy
9 RuthlessBurgher
10 Pure Beef
11 stlrz_d
12 NorCal-Steeler

It also says "Order is reversed on even-numbered rounds" so it looks like it will be a traditional "snake" draft instead of that goofy order in which every team got to pick first in at least one round.

costanza2k1
08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
The Planet Steelers North Division fantasy schedule is out. Stlrz_d is my first victim. BigLebowski will go down after that. NorCalSteeler will be humbled in week 3. Those 3 teams get the privilege of being pummelled by me twice, as I face the same 3 Central Division rivals again in weeks 12-14. They were kind to the commissioner, allowing him a nice 10 week cushion before I destroy his team in week 11.

I haven't been able to find a draft order yet, though. That is what I was in there looking for.

By the time week 11 rolls around you're going to wish you were in the Trib FF league. It's on! :Beer

stlrz d
08-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I found the draft order.

Drum Roll, Please...

1 BigLebowski
2 Costanza2k1
3 SteelerNation1
5 Asian Steel
6 Ozey74
7 steelsun7
8 NKy
9 RuthlessBurgher
10 Pure Beef
11 stlrz_d
12 NorCal-Steeler

It also says "Order is reversed on even-numbered rounds" so it looks like it will be a traditional "snake" draft instead of that goofy order in which every team got to pick first in at least one round.

11th, huh. Good thing I'm not a n00b...I'll be able to draft just fine from there. ;)

costanza2k1
08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
I found the draft order.

Drum Roll, Please...

1 BigLebowski
2 Costanza2k1
3 SteelerNation1
5 Asian Steel
6 Ozey74
7 steelsun7
8 NKy
9 RuthlessBurgher
10 Pure Beef
11 stlrz_d
12 NorCal-Steeler

Cool...I feel a championship coming my way!

Ozey74
08-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Looking foward to this draft my friends!! I'm getting the same feeling I used to get Christmas morning when I was 6 -which ironically is my draft position.

Are we wagering anything?

costanza2k1
08-15-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm game to put in some money...no one else has said if they want to outside of SMG I believe...

Ozey74
08-16-2008, 07:44 AM
If there's more interest and enough people are game then we should do it. $10 sound ok?

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2008, 09:50 AM
If you folks wanna throw 10 buck in a pot, that's fine. I'm game. I will beat your butts just the same whether there is money on the fine or just pride, though. :twisted:

stlrz d
08-16-2008, 01:30 PM
$10 is fine by me.

AngryAsian
08-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Still having problem logging on and finding my division. I can't seem to get a hold of anybody to help so someone please give me a shout out. PM me with a number I can reach someone to get this dummy rolling.... thanx.

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Still having problem logging on and finding my division. I can't seem to get a hold of anybody to help so someone please give me a shout out. PM me with a number I can reach someone to get this dummy rolling.... thanx.

Since you were the 2nd person to change to a custom avatar there (after me) I guess you ended up finding the page, eh?

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2008, 05:22 PM
And the award for best fantasy draft goes to...RuthlessBurgher!!!

Pos Round Player
QB 8 (#88) Hasselbeck, Matt (QB SEA)
RB 1 (#9) Addai, Joseph (RB IND)
RB 3 (#33) Grant, Ryan (RB GB)
WR 2 (#16) Owens, Terrell (WR DAL)
WR 4 (#40) Boldin, Anquan (WR ARI)
WR 5 (#57) Marshall, Brandon (WR DEN)
TE 6 (#64) Clark, Dallas (TE IND)
K 14 (#160) Crosby, Mason (K GB)
DST 12 (#136) Cowboys (DST DAL)
RS 10 (#112) Schaub, Matt (QB HOU)
RS 7 (#81) Young, Selvin (RB DEN)
RS 9 (#105) Taylor, Fred (RB JAC)
RS 11 (#129) Brown, Reggie (WR PHI)
RS 13 (#153) Jackson, Vincent (WR SD)

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2008, 05:28 PM
As for the rest of the riff-raff, here are the results (in alphabetical order):

AsianSteel

Pos Round Player
QB 2 (#20) Roethlisberger, Ben (QB PIT)
RB 1 (#5) Westbrook, Brian (RB PHI)
RB 5 (#53) Jacobs, Brandon (RB NYG)
WR 3 (#29) Burress, Plaxico (WR NYG)
WR 4 (#44) Jennings, Greg (WR GB)
WR 6 (#68) Chambers, Chris (WR SD)
TE 12 (#140) Crumpler, Alge (TE TEN)
K 8 (#92) Vinatieri, Adam (K IND)
DST 7 (#77) Jaguars (DST JAC)
RS 9 (#101) Manning, Eli (QB NYG)
RS 10 (#116) Brown, Ronnie (RB MIA)
RS 11 (#125) Bruce, Isaac (WR SF)
RS 13 (#149) Ginn Jr., Ted (WR MIA)
RS 14 (#164) Miller, Zach (TE OAK)

BigLebowski

Pos Round Player
QB 1 (#1) Brady, Tom (QB NE)
RB 2 (#24) McGahee, Willis (RB BAL)
RB 4 (#48) Parker, Willie (RB PIT)
WR 3 (#25) Johnson, Andre (WR HOU)
WR 6 (#72) Engram, Bobby (WR SEA)
WR 8 (#96) Walker, Javon (WR OAK)
TE 5 (#49) Gates, Antonio (TE SD)
K 9 (#97) Gostkowski, Stephen (K NE)
DST 7 (#73) Bears (DST CHI)
RS 10 (#120) Young, Vince (QB TEN)
RS 11 (#121) Smith, Kevin (RB DET)
RS 12 (#144) Wilford, Ernest (WR MIA)
RS 13 (#145) Heap, Todd (TE BAL)
RS 14 (#168) Ravens (DST BAL)

Costanza2k1

Pos Round Player
QB 5 (#50) Bulger, Marc (QB STL)
RB 1 (#2) Tomlinson, LaDainian (RB SD)
RB 3 (#26) Lewis, Jamal (RB CLE)
WR 2 (#23) Fitzgerald, Larry (WR ARI)
WR 6 (#71) Evans, Lee (WR BUF)
WR 7 (#74) White, Roddy (WR ATL)
TE 4 (#47) Witten, Jason (TE DAL)
K 12 (#143) Reed, Jeff (K PIT)
DST 13 (#146) Titans (DST TEN)
RS 8 (#95) Favre, Brett (QB NYJ)
RS 9 (#98) White, LenDale (RB TEN)
RS 10 (#119) Forte, Matt (RB CHI)
RS 11 (#122) Rice, Sidney (WR MIN)
RS 14 (#167) Keller, Dustin (TE NYJ)

NKySteeler

Pos Round Player
QB 2 (#17) Palmer, Carson (QB CIN)
RB 1 (#8) Jackson, Steven (RB STL)
RB 4 (#41) Johnson, Rudi (RB CIN)
WR 3 (#32) Smith, Steve (WR CAR)
WR 6 (#65) Galloway, Joey (WR TB)
WR 8 (#89) Curtis, Kevin (WR PHI)
TE 5 (#56) Cooley, Chris (TE WAS)
K 9 (#104) Dawson, Phil (K CLE)
DST 7 (#80) Colts (DST IND)
RS 10 (#113) Rodgers, Aaron (QB GB)
RS 11 (#128) Williams, DeAngelo (RB CAR)
RS 12 (#137) Hardy, James (WR BUF)
RS 13 (#152) Olsen, Greg (TE CHI)
RS 14 (#161) Bills (DST BUF)

NorCalSteeler

Pos Round Player
QB 2 (#13) Romo, Tony (QB DAL)
RB 1 (#12) Lynch, Marshawn (RB BUF)
RB 4 (#37) Jones, Julius (RB SEA)
WR 3 (#36) Johnson, Chad (WR CIN)
WR 6 (#61) Bowe, Dwayne (WR KC)
WR 8 (#85) Berrian, Bernard (WR MIN)
TE 5 (#60) Shockey, Jeremy (TE NO)
K 9 (#108) Bironas, Rob (K TEN)
DST 7 (#84) Seahawks (DST SEA)
RS 10 (#109) Garrard, David (QB JAC)
RS 11 (#132) Norwood, Jerious (RB ATL)
RS 12 (#133) Curry, Ronald (WR OAK)
RS 13 (#156) Pope, Leonard (TE ARI)
RS 14 (#157) Eagles (DST PHI)

Ozey74

Pos Round Player
QB 8 (#91) Campbell, Jason (QB WAS)
RB 3 (#30) McFadden, Darren (RB OAK)
RB 4 (#43) Jones, Thomas (RB NYJ)
WR 1 (#6) Moss, Randy (WR NE)
WR 2 (#19) Edwards, Braylon (WR CLE)
WR 9 (#102) Crayton, Patrick (WR DAL)
TE 6 (#67) Miller, Heath (TE PIT)
K 12 (#139) Kaeding, Nate (K SD)
DST 7 (#78) Chargers (DST SD)
RS 10 (#115) Garcia, Jeff (QB TB)
RS 5 (#54) Stewart, Jonathan (RB CAR)
RS 11 (#126) Stallworth, Donte' (WR CLE)
RS 13 (#150) Utecht, Ben (TE CIN)
RS 14 (#163) Cardinals (DST ARI)

PureBeef

Pos Round Player
QB 2 (#15) Brees, Drew (QB NO)
RB 1 (#10) Barber, Marion (RB DAL)
RB 4 (#39) Maroney, Laurence (RB NE)
WR 3 (#34) Houshmandzadeh, T.J. (WR CIN)
WR 6 (#63) Johnson, Calvin (WR DET)
WR 8 (#87) Moss, Santana (WR WAS)
TE 5 (#58) Gonzalez, Tony (TE KC)
K 9 (#106) Brown, Josh (K STL)
DST 7 (#82) Patriots (DST NE)
RS 10 (#111) Delhomme, Jake (QB CAR)
RS 11 (#130) McAllister, Deuce (RB NO)
RS 12 (#135) Porter, Jerry (WR JAC)
RS 13 (#154) Watson, Benjamin (TE NE)
RS 14 (#159) Giants (DST NYG)

SteelerNation1

Pos Round Player
QB 3 (#27) McNabb, Donovan (QB PHI)
RB 1 (#3) Peterson, Adrian (RB MIN)
RB 2 (#22) Graham, Earnest (RB TB)
WR 4 (#46) Harrison, Marvin (WR IND)
WR 5 (#51) Ward, Hines (WR PIT)
WR 8 (#94) Cotchery, Jerricho (WR NYJ)
TE 6 (#70) Davis, Vernon (TE SF)
K 9 (#99) Graham, Shayne (K CIN)
DST 7 (#75) Steelers (DST PIT)
RS 10 (#118) Kitna, Jon (QB DET)
RS 11 (#123) Green, Ahman (RB HOU)
RS 12 (#142) Booker, Marty (WR CHI)
RS 13 (#147) Scheffler, Tony (TE DEN)
RS 14 (#166) Browns (DST CLE)

SteelSun7

Pos Round Player
QB 9 (#103) Cutler, Jay (QB DEN)
RB 1 (#7) Gore, Frank (RB SF)
RB 2 (#18) Johnson, Larry (RB KC)
WR 3 (#31) Colston, Marques (WR NO)
WR 4 (#42) Williams, Roy (WR DET)
WR 6 (#66) Driver, Donald (WR GB)
TE 5 (#55) Winslow, Kellen (TE CLE)
K 14 (#162) Brown, Kris (K HOU)
DST 13 (#151) Buccaneers (DST TB)
RS 10 (#114) Leinart, Matt (QB ARI)
RS 7 (#79) Bush, Reggie (RB NO)
RS 11 (#127) Mendenhall, Rashard (RB PIT)
RS 8 (#90) Burleson, Nate (WR SEA)
RS 12 (#138) Mason, Derrick (WR BAL)

stlrz_d

Pos Round Player
QB 4 (#38) Anderson, Derek (QB CLE)
RB 2 (#14) Portis, Clinton (RB WAS)
RB 5 (#59) Turner, Michael (RB ATL)
WR 1 (#11) Wayne, Reggie (WR IND)
WR 3 (#35) Holt, Torry (WR STL)
WR 6 (#62) Coles, Laveranues (WR NYJ)
TE 10 (#110) Daniels, Owen (TE HOU)
K 7 (#83) Folk, Nick (K DAL)
DST 8 (#86) Packers (DST GB)
RS 9 (#107) Rivers, Philip (QB SD)
RS 12 (#134) Williams, Ricky (RB MIA)
RS 13 (#155) Hackett, D.J. (WR CAR)
RS 11 (#131) Smith, L.J. (TE PHI)
RS 14 (#158) Longwell, Ryan (K MIN)

The Donkey Punching Midget Nun

Pos Round Player
QB 1 (#4) Manning, Peyton (QB IND)
RB 2 (#21) Jones-Drew, Maurice (RB JAC)
RB 6 (#69) James, Edgerrin (RB ARI)
WR 3 (#28) Holmes, Santonio (WR PIT)
WR 4 (#45) Welker, Wes (WR NE)
WR 9 (#100) Gonzalez, Anthony (WR IND)
TE 7 (#76) Spaeth, Matt (TE PIT)
K 13 (#148) Rackers, Neil (K ARI)
DST 5 (#52) Vikings (DST MIN)
RS 10 (#117) Russell, JaMarcus (QB OAK)
RS 8 (#93) Taylor, Chester (RB MIN)
RS 12 (#141) Peterson, Adrian (RB CHI)
RS 14 (#165) Johnson, Chris (RB TEN)
RS 11 (#124) Hester, Devin (WR CHI)

RuthlessBurgher
08-16-2008, 08:29 PM
This was kinda neat...the results of the entire draft with a breakdown of the amount of time each person spent "on the clock" for each pick. Notice in the last round, it also includes the total amount of time each person spent "on the clock" in the entire draft. So if anyone thought the draft took too long, blame stlrz_d, who spent the most time on the clock by more than 5 minutes. I shouldn't talk, though, because I took the bronze medal here for taking the third most time, about a minute behind silver medalist AsianSteel. :lol:

Draft Results
Round 1
Pick Team Player Elapsed Time Pts
1 BigLebowski* Tom Brady (QB NE) 1 min 31 sec
2 Costanza2k1 LaDainian Tomlinson (RB SD) 23 sec
3 SteelerNation1* Adrian Peterson (RB MIN) 1 min 30 sec
4 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Peyton Manning (QB IND) 12 sec
5 Asian Steel Brian Westbrook (RB PHI) 43 sec
6 Ozey74 Randy Moss (WR NE) 16 sec
7 steelsun7 Frank Gore (RB SF) 25 sec
8 NKy* Steven Jackson (RB STL) 1 min 30 sec
9 RuthlessBurgher Joseph Addai (RB IND) 55 sec
10 Pure Beef* Marion Barber (RB DAL) 1 min 30 sec
11 stlrz_d Reggie Wayne (WR IND) 1 min 16 sec
12 NorCal-Steeler* Marshawn Lynch (RB BUF) 1 min 30 sec
Round 2
13 NorCal-Steeler* Tony Romo (QB DAL) 1 min 30 sec
14 stlrz_d Clinton Portis (RB WAS) 1 min 6 sec
15 Pure Beef* Drew Brees (QB NO) 0 sec
16 RuthlessBurgher Terrell Owens (WR DAL) 29 sec
17 NKy* Carson Palmer (QB CIN) 0 sec
18 steelsun7 Larry Johnson (RB KC) 1 min 22 sec
19 Ozey74 Braylon Edwards (WR CLE) 13 sec
20 Asian Steel Ben Roethlisberger (QB PIT) 48 sec
21 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Maurice Jones-Drew (RB JAC) 34 sec
22 SteelerNation1* Earnest Graham (RB TB) 1 sec
23 Costanza2k1 Larry Fitzgerald (WR ARI) 1 min 13 sec
24 BigLebowski* Willis McGahee (RB BAL) 0 sec
Round 3
25 BigLebowski* Andre Johnson (WR HOU) 0 sec
26 Costanza2k1 Jamal Lewis (RB CLE) 21 sec
27 SteelerNation1* Donovan McNabb (QB PHI) 0 sec
28 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Santonio Holmes (WR PIT) 1 min 3 sec
29 Asian Steel Plaxico Burress (WR NYG) 26 sec
30 Ozey74 Darren McFadden (RB OAK) 11 sec
31 steelsun7 Marques Colston (WR NO) 1 min 3 sec
32 NKy* Steve Smith (WR CAR) 0 sec
33 RuthlessBurgher Ryan Grant (RB GB) 19 sec
34 Pure Beef* T.J. Houshmandzadeh (WR CIN) 0 sec
35 stlrz_d Torry Holt (WR STL) 1 min 22 sec
36 NorCal-Steeler* Chad Johnson (WR CIN) 0 sec
Round 4
37 NorCal-Steeler* Julius Jones (RB SEA) 0 sec
38 stlrz_d Derek Anderson (QB CLE) 1 min 37 sec
39 Pure Beef* Laurence Maroney (RB NE) 0 sec
40 RuthlessBurgher Anquan Boldin (WR ARI) 1 min 25 sec
41 NKy* Rudi Johnson (RB CIN) 1 sec
42 steelsun7 Roy Williams (WR DET) 34 sec
43 Ozey74 Thomas Jones (RB NYJ) 40 sec
44 Asian Steel Greg Jennings (WR GB) 1 min 13 sec
45 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Wes Welker (WR NE) 11 sec
46 SteelerNation1* Marvin Harrison (WR IND) 0 sec
47 Costanza2k1 Jason Witten (TE DAL) 30 sec
48 BigLebowski* Willie Parker (RB PIT) 0 sec
Round 5
49 BigLebowski* Antonio Gates (TE SD) 0 sec
50 Costanza2k1 Marc Bulger (QB STL) 29 sec
51 SteelerNation1* Hines Ward (WR PIT) 0 sec
52 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Vikings (DST MIN) 43 sec
53 Asian Steel Brandon Jacobs (RB NYG) 1 min 4 sec
54 Ozey74 Jonathan Stewart (RB CAR) 1 min 13 sec
55 steelsun7 Kellen Winslow (TE CLE) 16 sec
56 NKy* Chris Cooley (TE WAS) 0 sec
57 RuthlessBurgher Brandon Marshall (WR DEN) 15 sec
58 Pure Beef* Tony Gonzalez (TE KC) 0 sec
59 stlrz_d Michael Turner (RB ATL) 1 min 34 sec
60 NorCal-Steeler* Jeremy Shockey (TE NO) 0 sec
Round 6
61 NorCal-Steeler* Dwayne Bowe (WR KC) 0 sec
62 stlrz_d Laveranues Coles (WR NYJ) 1 min 2 sec
63 Pure Beef* Calvin Johnson (WR DET) 0 sec
64 RuthlessBurgher Dallas Clark (TE IND) 1 min 17 sec
65 NKy* Joey Galloway (WR TB) 0 sec
66 steelsun7 Donald Driver (WR GB) 15 sec
67 Ozey74 Heath Miller (TE PIT) 8 sec
68 Asian Steel Chris Chambers (WR SD) 54 sec
69 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Edgerrin James (RB ARI) 15 sec
70 SteelerNation1* Vernon Davis (TE SF) 0 sec
71 Costanza2k1 Lee Evans (WR BUF) 17 sec
72 BigLebowski* Bobby Engram (WR SEA) 0 sec
Round 7
73 BigLebowski* Bears (DST CHI) 0 sec
74 Costanza2k1 Roddy White (WR ATL) 45 sec
75 SteelerNation1* Steelers (DST PIT) 0 sec
76 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Matt Spaeth (TE PIT) 31 sec
77 Asian Steel Jaguars (DST JAC) 23 sec
78 Ozey74 Chargers (DST SD) 16 sec
79 steelsun7 Reggie Bush (RB NO) 37 sec
80 NKy* Colts (DST IND) 0 sec
81 RuthlessBurgher Selvin Young (RB DEN) 41 sec
82 Pure Beef* Patriots (DST NE) 0 sec
83 stlrz_d Nick Folk (K DAL) 1 min 25 sec
84 NorCal-Steeler* Seahawks (DST SEA) 0 sec
Round 8
85 NorCal-Steeler* Bernard Berrian (WR MIN) 0 sec
86 stlrz_d Packers (DST GB) 34 sec
87 Pure Beef* Santana Moss (WR WAS) 0 sec
88 RuthlessBurgher Matt Hasselbeck (QB SEA) 56 sec
89 NKy* Kevin Curtis (WR PHI) 0 sec
90 steelsun7 Nate Burleson (WR SEA) 11 sec
91 Ozey74 Jason Campbell (QB WAS) 47 sec
92 Asian Steel Adam Vinatieri (K IND) 20 sec
93 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Chester Taylor (RB MIN) 32 sec
94 SteelerNation1* Jerricho Cotchery (WR NYJ) 0 sec
95 Costanza2k1 Brett Favre (QB NYJ) 9 sec
96 BigLebowski* Javon Walker (WR OAK) 0 sec
Round 9
97 BigLebowski* Stephen Gostkowski (K NE) 0 sec
98 Costanza2k1 LenDale White (RB TEN) 23 sec
99 SteelerNation1* Shayne Graham (K CIN) 0 sec
100 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Anthony Gonzalez (WR IND) 19 sec
101 Asian Steel Eli Manning (QB NYG) 52 sec
102 Ozey74 Patrick Crayton (WR DAL) 19 sec
103 steelsun7 Jay Cutler (QB DEN) 57 sec
104 NKy* Phil Dawson (K CLE) 0 sec
105 RuthlessBurgher Fred Taylor (RB JAC) 36 sec
106 Pure Beef* Josh Brown (K STL) 0 sec
107 stlrz_d Philip Rivers (QB SD) 1 min 19 sec
108 NorCal-Steeler* Rob Bironas (K TEN) 0 sec
Round 10
109 NorCal-Steeler* David Garrard (QB JAC) 0 sec
110 stlrz_d Owen Daniels (TE HOU) 1 min 26 sec
111 Pure Beef* Jake Delhomme (QB CAR) 0 sec
112 RuthlessBurgher Matt Schaub (QB HOU) 1 min 6 sec
113 NKy* Aaron Rodgers (QB GB) 0 sec
114 steelsun7 Matt Leinart (QB ARI) 27 sec
115 Ozey74 Jeff Garcia (QB TB) 41 sec
116 Asian Steel Ronnie Brown (RB MIA) 1 min 14 sec
117 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun JaMarcus Russell (QB OAK) 1 min 2 sec
118 SteelerNation1* Jon Kitna (QB DET) 0 sec
119 Costanza2k1 Matt Forte (RB CHI) 50 sec
120 BigLebowski* Vince Young (QB TEN) 0 sec
Round 11
121 BigLebowski* Kevin Smith (RB DET) 0 sec
122 Costanza2k1 Sidney Rice (WR MIN) 1 min 26 sec
123 SteelerNation1* Ahman Green (RB HOU) 0 sec
124 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Devin Hester (WR CHI) 29 sec
125 Asian Steel Isaac Bruce (WR SF) 49 sec
126 Ozey74 Donte' Stallworth (WR CLE) 17 sec
127 steelsun7 Rashard Mendenhall (RB PIT) 43 sec
128 NKy* DeAngelo Williams (RB CAR) 0 sec
129 RuthlessBurgher Reggie Brown (WR PHI) 42 sec
130 Pure Beef* Deuce McAllister (RB NO) 0 sec
131 stlrz_d L.J. Smith (TE PHI) 1 min 40 sec
132 NorCal-Steeler* Jerious Norwood (RB ATL) 0 sec
Round 12
133 NorCal-Steeler* Ronald Curry (WR OAK) 0 sec
134 stlrz_d Ricky Williams (RB MIA) 49 sec
135 Pure Beef* Jerry Porter (WR JAC) 0 sec
136 RuthlessBurgher Cowboys (DST DAL) 1 min 35 sec
137 NKy* James Hardy (WR BUF) 0 sec
138 steelsun7 Derrick Mason (WR BAL) 10 sec
139 Ozey74 Nate Kaeding (K SD) 34 sec
140 Asian Steel Alge Crumpler (TE TEN) 17 sec
141 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Adrian Peterson (RB CHI) 29 sec
142 SteelerNation1* Marty Booker (WR CHI) 0 sec
143 Costanza2k1 Jeff Reed (K PIT) 12 sec
144 BigLebowski* Ernest Wilford (WR MIA) 0 sec
Round 13
145 BigLebowski* Todd Heap (TE BAL) 0 sec
146 Costanza2k1 Titans (DST TEN) 37 sec
147 SteelerNation1* Tony Scheffler (TE DEN) 0 sec
148 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Neil Rackers (K ARI) 13 sec
149 Asian Steel Ted Ginn Jr. (WR MIA) 1 min 24 sec
150 Ozey74 Ben Utecht (TE CIN) 47 sec
151 steelsun7 Buccaneers (DST TB) 27 sec
152 NKy* Greg Olsen (TE CHI) 0 sec
153 RuthlessBurgher Vincent Jackson (WR SD) 10 sec
154 Pure Beef* Benjamin Watson (TE NE) 0 sec
155 stlrz_d D.J. Hackett (WR CAR) 1 min 5 sec
156 NorCal-Steeler* Leonard Pope (TE ARI) 0 sec
Round 14
157 NorCal-Steeler* Eagles (DST PHI) 0 sec (3 min 0 sec)
158 stlrz_d Ryan Longwell (K MIN) 1 min 25 sec (17 min 40 sec)
159 Pure Beef* Giants (DST NYG) 0 sec (1 min 30 sec)
160 RuthlessBurgher Mason Crosby (K GB) 29 sec (10 min 55 sec)
161 NKy* Bills (DST BUF) 0 sec (1 min 31 sec)
162 steelsun7 Kris Brown (K HOU) 0 sec (7 min 27 sec)
163 Ozey74 Cardinals (DST ARI) 18 sec (6 min 40 sec)
164 Asian Steel* Zach Miller (TE OAK) 1 min 30 sec (11 min 57 sec)
165 The Donkey Punching Midget Nun Chris Johnson (RB TEN) 10 sec (6 min 43 sec)
166 SteelerNation1* Browns (DST CLE) 0 sec (1 min 31 sec)
167 Costanza2k1 Dustin Keller (TE NYJ) 21 sec (7 min 56 sec)
168 BigLebowski* Ravens (DST BAL) 0 sec (1 min 31 sec)

NKySteeler
08-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Wow!.... That's all I can say.... Talk about "ironic situations", this one takes the freakin' cake... I just got back in town from vacation (obviously missed the draft due to travel itenerary), and have just thrown-up in my mouth.... Your "Friendly Neighborhood Bungle Basher" has Carson Palmer and Rudi Johnson... WTF!!!!... Now, I really don't mind having Carson, but TWO starting Bungles is just too ironic for me right now...

...My cell phone went "tango uniform" because I dropped it in the pool, my new phone is a piece of crap, my daughter twisted her ankle in a bad way, I missed hooking up with Big Lebowski (hey man, I did try...), Oscars' didn't have the game back on Thursday, and I missed it.... NOW I find that I have two Bungles on my roster....

...Does anyone want to kick my dog for good measure?..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

...Oh well, let the games begin... :wink:

stlrz d
08-16-2008, 11:35 PM
NKy - We all had a good laugh at your Bungles picks when they came up. :D

NKySteeler
08-16-2008, 11:45 PM

I'm sick.... I think I just threw-up in my mouth again just thinking about it...... :evil:

............. :HeadBanger :lol:

stlrz d
08-17-2008, 12:46 AM

I'm sick.... I think I just threw-up in my mouth again just thinking about it...... :evil:

............. :HeadBanger :lol:

Hey, at least yours were auto pilot picks...I actually chose Derek Anderson. :oops: :oops: :oops:

AngryAsian
08-17-2008, 08:12 AM
NKy = Closet Tiger Lover

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2008, 10:41 AM
I missed hooking up with Big Lebowski (hey man, I did try...)

It could have been worse. You could have actually "hooked up" with the Big Lebowski. Dude!!! :shock: :lol:

costanza2k1
08-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Man that was a great draft yesterday and it went relatively fast. As you can see from my roster...the league is pretty much mine (don't mind the fact that both my QB's are on bye the same week)

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Man that was a great draft yesterday and it went relatively fast. As you can see from my roster...the league is pretty much mine (don't mind the fact that both my QB's are on bye the same week)

I think your draft went similar to mine, even though you would expect #2 and #9 to be significantly different. We both got RB's in the first that had no business being there (I don't think I've seen Tomlinson get taken anywhere but first by any of the knowledgeable experts, and I fully expected Addai to go in the top half of the first round...no way he should have fallen to #9). We both got an elite WR in round 2 (T.O. and Fitz) and then were able to get a 2nd RB in round 3 that should have been taken in round 2 (Lewis and Grant). We both got one of the top TE's (Witten and Clark) and we each have a pair of solid but not spectacular QB options (Bulger & Favre and Hasselbeck & Schaub). I like my 2nd and 3rd WR's better than yours, though, even though one of mine will be suspended for the first 2-3 games (Marshall). Good job, though, man.

stlrz d
08-17-2008, 06:46 PM
You guys need superior players...cuz you can't coach 'em up like I can! :P

Shawn
08-17-2008, 07:14 PM
My auto draft was the greatest of all times! :)

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2008, 09:49 PM
You guys need superior players...cuz you can't coach 'em up like I can! :P

Good luck coaching up Derek "Shaggy" Anderson, Ricky "Cheech/Chong/Harold/Kumar/Pineapple Express" Williams, and Clinton "Southeast Jerome/Coach Janky Spanky/Bro Sweets/Choo-Choo/Sheriff Gonnagetcha/Dr. Do-itch Big/Dolemite Jenkins" Portis (man, that Portis one odd dude!)

http://dcist.com/attachments/dcist_amanda/2007_1109_choochoo1.JPG

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1118/5353647_400X300.jpg

http://www.redskins.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/EMNICOOPMJBP/SoutheastJeromePG.jpg

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1111/5302367_320X240.jpg

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1104/5248223_320X240.jpg

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_photos/2006-08-02-portis3.jpg

http://www.redskins.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/DKELCMGKFANM/DSC_0025portis765.jpg

SteelerNation1
08-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Are we allowed to make trades? I totally forgot about the draft! :HeadBanger Plus, I had McNabb and Kitna on my team last year. Where is that thowing up emoticon?

RuthlessBurgher
08-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Are we allowed to make trades? I totally forgot about the draft! :HeadBanger Plus, I had McNabb and Kitna on my team last year. Where is that thowing up emoticon?

Sure! I'll give you Vincent Jackson for Adrian Peterson straight up. After all, we start 3 WR's and only 2 RB's, so WR is more important. Deal?

stlrz d
08-18-2008, 07:42 AM
RB - They'll coach up just fine! :P

SteelerNation1
08-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Costanza I sent you a great trade offer!

AngryAsian
08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Some banged up starting qbs, and the season hasn't even started: Brady, Manning and now Anderson.... Having Big Ben and Eli in my stable sure makes me feel better.

Iron Shiek
08-20-2008, 12:11 PM

Pos Round Player

Wow, Steelsun has got a dope squad! Ruthless your's is nasty as well. On paper, I got odds on these guys as the favorites, but that's why they play the games.

Iron Shiek
08-20-2008, 12:13 PM

Pos Round Player

Wow, Steelsun has got a dope squad! Ruthless your's is nasty as well. On paper, I got odds on these guys as the favorites, but that's why they play the games.

AngryAsian
08-20-2008, 12:54 PM
The AS rookie draft went well, even though some of my slanty picks were grabbed by others. Some of the below picks will yield huge dividends. Note my number one and two QBs.... interchangeable. My RBs are likewise. The questions are my second leveled WRs. They are contingent upon how well their team qb's fair. I agree that, on paper, Steelsun has a rock solid lineup. Good luck fellas, and if anybody is drooling at some of my below noted championship components.... drop me a PM.

AsianSteel

Pos Round Player
QB 2 (#20) Roethlisberger, Ben (QB PIT)
RB 1 (#5) Westbrook, Brian (RB PHI)
RB 5 (#53) Jacobs, Brandon (RB NYG)
WR 3 (#29) Burress, Plaxico (WR NYG)
WR 4 (#44) Jennings, Greg (WR GB)
WR 6 (#68) Chambers, Chris (WR SD)
TE 12 (#140) Crumpler, Alge (TE TEN)
K 8 (#92) Vinatieri, Adam (K IND)
DST 7 (#77) Jaguars (DST JAC)
RS 9 (#101) Manning, Eli (QB NYG)
RS 10 (#116) Brown, Ronnie (RB MIA)
RS 11 (#125) Bruce, Isaac (WR SF)
RS 13 (#149) Ginn Jr., Ted (WR MIA)
RS 14 (#164) Miller, Zach (TE OAK)

NKySteeler
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
OK, now that I finally have a bit of time to look at all this, I have a few questions to get started with:

1. How do we make trades with other folks in the league? ...Straight up, no waiver wire of any sort?

2. How do you dump someone on your roster and pick up a free agent? Didn't see any prompt for it.

3. Is there any limit to number of trades/week or season?

4. How do you change players on your active roster each week?

stlrz d
08-20-2008, 07:42 PM
OK, now that I finally have a bit of time to look at all this, I have a few questions to get started with:

1. How do we make trades with other folks in the league? ...Straight up, no waiver wire of any sort?

2. How do you dump someone on your roster and pick up a free agent? Didn't see any prompt for it.

3. Is there any limit to number of trades/week or season?

4. How do you change players on your active roster each week?

1. I don't recall where it is, but there is a spot to do this. You propose a trade and the other person can accept, decline or counter offer (I think). Once a trade is accepted the members vote on it to help ensure there is no collusion.

2. Click on the players name on your roster. You'll see.

3. Not sure.

4. Up near the top of the screen there is a "my team" link. Hover your mouse over it and a drop down menu will appear (as will happen on all of them). Click on "set lineup" and follow the steps.

NKySteeler
08-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanx man. I've been messing with it a bit, and starting to figure out some of it... I'm still trying to figure out the add/drop...

You propose a trade and the other person can accept, decline or counter offer (I think). Once a trade is accepted the members vote on it to help ensure there is no collusion.

What??!!...

stlrz d
08-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanx man. I've been messing with it a bit, and starting to figure out some of it... I'm still trying to figure out the add/drop...

You propose a trade and the other person can accept, decline or counter offer (I think). Once a trade is accepted the members vote on it to help ensure there is no collusion.

What??!!...

If a trade is accepted by one player the other owners vote to approve or deny. It keeps two (or more) guys from getting together and making ridiculous trades so one guy gets the much better deal and increases his chances of winning the league.

Basically, AS can't trade BR to someone for some scrub because no one would approve it...for example. :)

AS - I only used you as an example because I know you have BR. I also know you'd never do anything like that.

NKySteeler
08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
... What is the deadline during the week for trades or add/drops for that weeks' game? Just before that Sunday, or is there an earlier deadline?

... When is the weekly line-up due each week?

AngryAsian
08-21-2008, 08:23 AM
... What is the deadline during the week for trades or add/drops for that weeks' game? Just before that Sunday, or is there an earlier deadline?

"YOU WILL TAKE WHAT WE GIVE YOU AND LIKE IT!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NKySteeler
08-21-2008, 02:47 PM

:HeadBanger ... That's what I get for missing the draft... But it was worth it!... :wink:

costanza2k1
08-21-2008, 05:07 PM

:HeadBanger ... That's what I get for missing the draft... But it was worth it!... :wink:

[youtube:144fkpc5]SoF6jsjDIZ8[/youtube:144fkpc5]

costanza2k1
08-21-2008, 05:09 PM

Hope this helps

Transactions:
Lineup deadline is 5 minutes before gametime for each player.
Owners may set lineups.
Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Sunday. Players whose teams play before Sunday will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period.
Add/drops are handled by a waivers process.
The waivers process runs on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The waiver order resets after each weeks' games.
Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 1 day(s).
Trades are subject to a 1-day voting period, where at most 3 objections are allowed. Trades receiving more than 3 objections are sent to the commissioner for approval.
No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 pm et 11/14/08.

NKySteeler
08-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanx stanza.......... :wink:

eniparadoxgma
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
SMG...you want to trade Barber to me...

...you want to trade Barber to me...

...you're getting sleepy...

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2608/youregettingsleepyverysiw8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

...and trading me Marion Barber...

NKySteeler
08-22-2008, 09:11 PM
...you're getting sleepy...

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2608/youregettingsleepyverysiw8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

... Why do I have an "urge" to cluck like a chicken and look for the "Ace of Spades" in my shirt pocket?!.... :lol:

stlrz d
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
So far NKy is king of transactions! :D

NKySteeler
08-22-2008, 09:25 PM

Ahhhhh!!!!..... I was waiting for the first comment about that!.... stlrz, since I missed the draft, I have had to try to "tweak" my roster as best I can. I even mentioned to AS today on the phone that I wouldn't be suprised if I'm mathematically eliminated by mid-season if I'm not careful.... But basically, I'll sit here with an "adult beverage" or two, and try to improve my roster. Multiple times... Not that it will help since there is very little quality talent out on the free agent market... But hey, I'm not giving up yet... I am already targeting YOUR roster for a few potential trade offers I might toss up....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
08-22-2008, 09:34 PM

Ahhhhh!!!!..... I was waiting for the first comment about that!.... stlrz, since I missed the draft, I have had to try to "tweak" my roster as best I can. I even mentioned to AS today on the phone that I wouldn't be suprised if I'm mathematically eliminated by mid-season if I'm not careful.... But basically, I'll sit here with an "adult beverage" or two, and try to improve my roster. Multiple times... Not that it will help since there is very little quality talent out on the free agent market... But hey, I'm not giving up yet... I am already targeting YOUR roster for a few potential trade offers I might toss up....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, but I'll give you a little hint as to how I view trades...when a person is willing to give a guy up I tend to look at the guy being offered in a lesser light because I get the perception that he's someone's garbage! :lol:

NKySteeler
08-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok, but I'll give you a little hint as to how I view trades...when a person is willing to give a guy up I tend to look at the guy being offered in a lesser light because I get the perception that he's someone's garbage! :lol:

Maybe the player just doesn't fit into his lineup due to "byes", or game matchups against opponents that those players will be in, and so forth... Many factors... Hmmmm... :?: ... :wink:

stlrz d
08-22-2008, 10:17 PM

Maybe the player just doesn't fit into his lineup due to "byes", or game matchups against opponents that those players will be in, and so forth... Many factors... Hmmmm... :?: ... :wink:

Agreed, but when someone offers me a trade I always get a doubt in my mind about the player being offered. :D

stlrz d
08-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Why do I keep getting scoring updates?

costanza2k1
08-24-2008, 11:02 PM

Check you alerts tab...it happens on sundays...

stlrz d
08-24-2008, 11:06 PM

Very weird that I would get them in the pre season though...no matter what the settings are.

But hey, I'm winning!

stlrz_d 24 at RuthlessBurgher 7

But you know what they say about the pre season.... :(

RuthlessBurgher
08-25-2008, 12:40 AM
[quote="stlrz d":13up3ogm]Why do I keep getting scoring updates?

Very weird that I would get them in the pre season though...no matter what the settings are.

But hey, I'm winning!

stlrz_d 24 at RuthlessBurgher 7

But you know what they say about the pre season.... :([/quote:13up3ogm]

I didn't get any of those scoring updates!?!? Perhaps they only send them to the teams that are winning. :lol: Pre-season fantasy football...what will they think of next?

(or maybe I am just spotting you 17 points for our week one match-up, since I will beat you that badly...Mwoo ha ha!!!) :lol:

steelsun7
08-26-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm not sure who the commish is but can they please cancel a trade that I supposedly approved that I did not.i had sent a counter offer to Ruthless on a trade he had proposed and it said i approved the original trade.please check the FF website...thx

RuthlessBurgher
08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure who the commish is but can they please cancel a trade that I supposedly approved that I did not.i had sent a counter offer to Ruthless on a trade he had proposed and it said i approved the original trade.please check the FF website...thx

Cos is the commish. I PM'ed him, and he said that he does not have any more powers than the rest of us. I told him that if 4 people object to the trade, though, it would be cancelled, so he objected it, but that was the best he could do. Now we just need one more guy to object. I will start PMing the other guys in the league now. Hopefully one of them will object this evening so the trade gets cancelled before it is supposed to be processed tonight while we sleep.

costanza2k1
08-26-2008, 07:10 PM

Cos is the commish. I PM'ed him, and he said that he does not have any more powers than the rest of us. I told him that if 4 people object to the trade, though, it would be cancelled, so he objected it, but that was the best he could do. Now we just need one more guy to object. I will start PMing the other guys in the league now. Hopefully one of them will object this evening so the trade gets cancelled before it is supposed to be processed tonight while we sleep.

Worst case scenario you guys can trade back...we don't have live games for another week so it should be all good.

NKySteeler
08-26-2008, 07:12 PM

I got your PM Ruthless and complied with your wishes... 4 objections as of now....

steelsun7
08-27-2008, 03:03 PM
thank you my brothers!

RuthlessBurgher
08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
thank you my brothers!

It now says "Max Objections Met: Pending Commissioner Approval"

Are you sure there isn't anything else you have to do at this point, Cos?

costanza2k1
08-27-2008, 04:38 PM
thank you my brothers!

It now says "Max Objections Met: Pending Commissioner Approval"

Are you sure there isn't anything else you have to do at this point, Cos?

I read that I'm only a commish in name, basically the guy who started the league. CBS itself is the commish. If for some reason this trade goes through I would suggest trading back, there's no reason anyone in our league would disagree.

AngryAsian
08-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Newb question. If we have on of our QBs and WRs are on the same team and they connect for TDs and big yardage, does that count as double in terms of points?

NKySteeler
08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Newb question. If we have on of our QBs and WRs are on the same team and they connect for TDs and big yardage, does that count as double in terms of points?

You would get the 6 points each (passing it, and receiving it) for a total of 12 points... And the obvious points for the yardage (both passing and receiving)...

...So I effectively call it "double points" for one play...

RuthlessBurgher
08-28-2008, 04:34 PM

You would get the 6 points each (passing it, and receiving it) for a total of 12 points... And the obvious points for the yardage (both passing and receiving)...

For example, since I have both Romo and T.O., during week one when they go up against that pathetic Browns secondary, take the kajillion points they will each score against those losers, then double it. :lol:
:brownssuck

Iron Shiek
08-28-2008, 10:39 PM

For example, since I have both Romo and T.O., during week one when they go up against that pathetic Browns secondary, take the kajillion points they will each score against those losers, then double it. :lol:
:brownssuck

Yeah, I like to have combos. I got Ben and Santonio in one of my keeper leagues. Lovin it this year....I wish I was gettin' points in the preseason!

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2008, 09:43 AM
I just had another draft yesterday. We met up at the house of a guy that I work with, had a cookout, and drafted (it was the first time all 12 of us actually showed up for the live draft, so that was good, although one guy had to leave about halfway through).

The scoring is pretty much the same as our league (some differences with how defenses get points, but everything else is essentially the same). We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST. It is a 12 team league and the draft was 16 rounds long. I picked 12th out of 12. It was the first time I ever had one of the bookend picks in a snake draft (first or last) in which you get to pick back-to-back, but then have to wait a year-and-a-half for your next pick (it seemed). I ended up with 3 of the same guys that I have in this league (Romo, Warner, Boldin), but once again, no Steelers.

Let me know how you think I did:

QB:
2.13 Tony Romo
10.109 Kurt Warner

RB:
1.12 Frank Gore
3.36 Jamal Lewis
4.37 Thomas Jones
8.85 Ricky Williams
11.132 Derrick Ward
14.157 Andre Hall

WR:
5.60 Calvin Johnson
6.61 Anquan Boldin
7.84 Chad Johnson
13.156 Ron Curry

TE:
9.108 Vernon Davis
12.133 Todd Heap

K:
16.181 Adam Vinatieri

D/ST:
15.180 New York Giants

Iron Shiek
09-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I just had another draft yesterday. We met up at the house of a guy that I work with, had a cookout, and drafted (it was the first time all 12 of us actually showed up for the live draft, so that was good, although one guy had to leave about halfway through).

The scoring is pretty much the same as our league (some differences with how defenses get points, but everything else is essentially the same). We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST. It is a 12 team league and the draft was 16 rounds long. I picked 12th out of 12. It was the first time I ever had one of the bookend picks in a snake draft (first or last) in which you get to pick back-to-back, but then have to wait a year-and-a-half for your next pick (it seemed). I ended up with 3 of the same guys that I have in this league (Romo, Warner, Boldin), but once again, no Steelers.

Let me know how you think I did:

QB:
2.13 Tony Romo
10.109 Kurt Warner

RB:
1.12 Frank Gore
3.36 Jamal Lewis
4.37 Thomas Jones
8.85 Ricky Williams
11.132 Derrick Ward
14.157 Andre Hall

WR:
5.60 Calvin Johnson
6.61 Anquan Boldin
7.84 Chad Johnson
13.156 Ron Curry

TE:
9.108 Vernon Davis
12.133 Todd Heap

K:
16.181 Adam Vinatieri

D/ST:
15.180 New York Giants

Great RB's for picking so late. WR depth is severely lacking as I'm not sold on Curry. You can always find a good WR though on the waiver wire after the first couple weeks. I also think VDavis is going to get lost in Martz's offense, TE's never do good. Hopefully they use him kind of like a WR, but they like how he blocks too so who knows. Overall though you got a good starting squad and good stable of Running backs. That is what you want....

RuthlessBurgher
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Great RB's for picking so late. WR depth is severely lacking as I'm not sold on Curry. You can always find a good WR though on the waiver wire after the first couple weeks. I also think VDavis is going to get lost in Martz's offense, TE's never do good. Hopefully they use him kind of like a WR, but they like how he blocks too so who knows. Overall though you got a good starting squad and good stable of Running backs. That is what you want....

Thanks, IS! The top 10 TE's were taken by the time I got around to selecting mine. I agree that Davis is a boom-or-bust prospect (Martz has never utilized a TE before, but he may be the most talented pass catcher on that roster). Luckily, I was able to get Heap as a backup, since he is steady whenever he is healthy (not too often lately, but still).

Since we only have to start 2 WR's each week instead of 3 (we can start 3 if we use a WR at our flex spot, but I usually use a RB there instead), I wasn't overly worried about WR depth.

I did not want to rely on Chad Javon Ocho Cinco as a #1 or even #2 WR, but when he was available to be taken as my #3 WR, I had to take him. He could be a tremendous value that late, but if he flames out, it was only a 7th round pick, and it is not like I am counting on him to start on a weekly basis anyway.

I think Calvin will be a beast this year, and Boldin should be quite good this now that Warner has been named the starter over Leinart.

I took Curry in the 13th, because he is a starter, and may be his team's #1 option (Jerry Porter was traded and they brought in Drew Carter and Javon Walker, but Carter was already placed on IR, while Walker was brutally beaten in Vegas in the off-season and already tried to leave the team and give back his signing bonus until Al Davis talked him out of it). I'm not the biggest Curry fan, either, but as a 4th option at WR, I could do worse, I suppose.

I almost took Sidney Rice in the 14th round so I would have 5 RB's and 5 WR's, but when I saw that Andre Hall was still available at that point, I decided to take him as a 6th RB instead (possible trade bait for the owner of Selvin Young, since Shanahan always seems to like to shuffle his RB deck for no particular reason at some point each season).

Iron Shiek
09-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Right on. I missed the part about starting 2 WR's then the flex. You are in great position then. Chad will get his, he is a stud. In this case you are in great shape.

takagi
09-02-2008, 09:58 AM
It's my first year playing fantasy football so I have a question for you..

Should I make this trade:

Receive Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
Receive Roddy White, Atl WR
Send Carson Palmer, Cin QB
Send Roy Williams, Det WR

My team:

QB Carson Palmer, Cin QB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
RB DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
RB/WR Roy Williams, Det WR
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
WR Braylon Edwards, Cle WR
TE Antonio Gates, SD TE
D Seahawks D/ST, Sea D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K

Bench
Greg Jennings, GB WR
Hines Ward, Pit WR
Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
Philip Rivers, SD QB
Nate Burleson, Sea WR
Greg Olsen, Chi TE
Chester Taylor, Min RB

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2008, 10:14 AM
It's my first year playing fantasy football so I have a question for you..

Should I make this trade:

Receive Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
Receive Roddy White, Atl WR
Send Carson Palmer, Cin QB
Send Roy Williams, Det WR

My team:

QB Carson Palmer, Cin QB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
RB DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
RB/WR Roy Williams, Det WR
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
WR Braylon Edwards, Cle WR
TE Antonio Gates, SD TE
D Seahawks D/ST, Sea D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K

Bench
Greg Jennings, GB WR
Hines Ward, Pit WR
Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
Philip Rivers, SD QB
Nate Burleson, Sea WR
Greg Olsen, Chi TE
Chester Taylor, Min RB

I would make the trade. With all of the drama going on in Cincy these days, I think Ben is going to be the better QB option for you by a comfortable margin (Ben had 32 TD's and 11 INT's last season and got even more weapons in the offseason. Carson had 26 TD's and 20 INT's last season and now Housh has a hammy issue and is unhappy with his contract, Chad has a shoulder and ankle issue and is certifiably insane after changing his last name to Mexican numerals, Henry was suspended, cut, then brought back, the rookie WR's they drafted have been underwhelming, and his steady RB is now in Detroit). You have solid depth at WR in Jennings, Ward, and Burleson, so you can make that swap without worrying about any noticeable loss in production from that position. Some people even think that Roddy may be as good or better than Roy. For example, ESPN's Matt Berry has Roy as the 16th WR and Roddy as the 21st WR, but ESPN's Christopher Harris has them reversed, with Roddy as the 17th WR and Roy as the 20th WR. The only thing you have to worry about with Roddy is the impact of a rookie starting QB. Although, with Roy, you have to worry about an increased emphasis on the run with Rudi Johnson and Kevin Smith, plus the fact that his WR partner Calvin Johnson looks like he may be ready to break out as a superstar, taking away many of the passes that Roy usually was getting. Survey says...I'd accept that trade for sure. Hope that helps.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Guys, was it decided that we were going to throw $11.50 in the pot like the other board fantasy league? I think I remember it being optional whether you want to play for money or just bragging rights. Since I like both money and glory, I would like to throw whatever money that was decided upon into the hat (if I was willing to throw in $60 for my other league with the guys here at work, another $11.50 in this PlanetSteelers league doesn't hurt, eh?). Just let me know if we are using a particular PayPal account to hold the money until the end, or if I should mail a check somewhere or whatever. Thanks.

takagi
09-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks Ruthless..
I'll make the trade :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks Ruthless..

And the fact that you have Ben as your avatar helps too. It is always better to root for a guy on your fantasy team that you really like anyway, than to have a guy on your fantasy team that you can't stand like Palmer. That doesn't mean that I don't draft players from our arch-rivals, but it is always that much sweeter when Ben scores a TD for the Steelers and your fantasy team as well. :D

takagi
09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks Ruthless..

And the fact that you have Ben as your avatar helps too. It is always better to root for a guy on your fantasy team that you really like anyway, than to have a guy on your fantasy team that you can't stand like Palmer. That doesn't mean that I don't draft players from our arch-rivals, but it is always that much sweeter when Ben scores a TD for the Steelers and your fantasy team as well. :D

Yea..this is one of the reasons I want to get rid of Cornhole :D
I can't stand that overrated :loser

:bungalssuck

costanza2k1
09-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Guys, was it decided that we were going to throw $11.50 in the pot like the other board fantasy league? I think I remember it being optional whether you want to play for money or just bragging rights. Since I like both money and glory, I would like to throw whatever money that was decided upon into the hat (if I was willing to throw in $60 for my other league with the guys here at work, another $11.50 in this PlanetSteelers league doesn't hurt, eh?). Just let me know if we are using a particular PayPal account to hold the money until the end, or if I should mail a check somewhere or whatever. Thanks.

So far you, me, and SMG are good with 11.5.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2008, 01:07 PM

Do I have to send you anything now, or do we all just trust that we will send our money to whichever of the three of us (or more if others decide to join in) has the best record at the end of the season?

costanza2k1
09-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Let's just pay the winner at the end of the season...is anyone else in for $$$

AngryAsian
09-02-2008, 02:38 PM

I'm giving SMG 11.50 at the end of this month when I see him. I'm one of those Neanderthals that doesn't have a myspace page, facebook, or PayPal account. But I'm in there like swimwear.

RuthlessBurgher
09-02-2008, 02:40 PM

I'm giving SMG 11.50 at the end of this month when I see him. I'm one of those Neanderthals that doesn't have a myspace page, facebook, or PayPal account. But I'm in there like swimwear.

Well, then...SMG will owe me $23 at the end of the season when I obliterate both of you fools.
:lol: