PDA

View Full Version : Friendly wager involving the Steelers......

Ozey74
07-05-2008, 08:28 AM
My brother in-law, who is a big Colts fan, & I have bet on this years upcomming Colts/Steelers match-up. The loser has to wear the other teams apparel at our yearly Memorial Day party next year & to the next Steelers/Colts game that we will attend when it's in Indy.

I don't want to be too sure of myself, but I'm extremely confindent the Steelers can win this game easily. Peyton will be playing against the elements rather than the nice, climate controlled environment that he is accustomed to. And Peyton sucks against a 3-4 D.

If I end up losing this bet, it will kill me to have to wear Colts gear!! I would rather buy my brother in-law lunch every week for the rest of my life.

Has anyone done any wagers similiar to this in the past that they care to share?

SteelerNation1
07-05-2008, 10:12 AM
I COULDN't, I repeat COULDN't wear another team's colors. I don't even wear the color orange period...EVER. I feel great that the Steelers can and will win this game, but you don't know what could be going on with the team at that time. What if (God Forbid) BR7 is out for the season or something? I wouldn't do it.

Ozey74
07-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I COULDN't, I repeat COULDN't wear another team's colors. I don't even wear the color orange period...EVER. I feel great that the Steelers can and will win this game, but you don't know what could be going on with the team at that time. What if (God Forbid) BR7 is out for the season or something? I wouldn't do it.

This bet was proposed to me & I couldn't back down. This game will bring out the same sort of nervousness that I get for a playoff game. If I lose, I will have a few months to prepare myself before paying up. It won't be easy, lots of alcohol will be involved before I have to suit up, & I will take the longest shower of my life when I'm through.

But, if I win. I will have an enormous amount of joy seeing my brother in-law wearing Black & Gold.

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Oz, this is always a tough bet.... Moreso than if money were involved, if you ask me... But being that we have Indy at home, outdoors, in November, after Pitt plays there the day before, could work to your favor.

Yes, I have done this same similar bet with Brenda as well as one of her friends in the past. Luckily, I have won, and they had to wear Steeler garb out in public for an entire day (including to work)... :twisted: Unfortunately, the year before last, I lost a bet because Cincy beat us. I had to wear a Bungle jersey in public. And had to do so during our victory over the Colts in the playoffs... Man, there were Steeler fans HATING me! Teasing me and taking pictures for proof! It was the worst day of my life, and no amount of alcohol was able to wash away the pain that afternoon. Nor soap to get me clean enough after feeling "dirty" that evening...

Now a good story is this: A local bartender and I had a bet for the wildcard game against Cincy, and I won... During the Super Bowl, she had to wear my #7 jersey, ball cap, and a TT draped from her waist!.... When many of the regulars came in for the game, they were astonished that she was black-n-gold from head to toe. They teased her, and threatened her to never take her to a game again (all in fun, of course)... :lol: .... She also said that her tips suffered that day, and has refused to bet me again since then...

...My only other comment, is that if it is done with good natured intentions, it can be fun. You can always wear Steeler accesories (cap, towel) and get so dramatic about it that everyone enjoys a good laugh. Which is what it is all about anyway.

Ozey74
07-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Oz, this is always a tough bet.... Moreso than if money were involved, if you ask me... But being that we have Indy at home, outdoors, in November, after Pitt plays there the day before, could work to your favor.

Yes, I have done this same similar bet with Brenda as well as one of her friends in the past. Luckily, I have won, and they had to wear Steeler garb out in public for an entire day (including to work)... :twisted: Unfortunately, the year before last, I lost a bet because Cincy beat us. I had to wear a Bungle jersey in public. And had to do so during our victory over the Colts in the playoffs... Man, there were Steeler fans HATING me! Teasing me and taking pictures for proof! It was the worst day of my life, and no amount of alcohol was able to wash away the pain that afternoon. Nor soap to get me clean enough after feeling "dirty" that evening...

Now a good story is this: A local bartender and I had a bet for the wildcard game against Cincy, and I won... During the Super Bowl, she had to wear my #7 jersey, ball cap, and a TT draped from her waist!.... When many of the regulars came in for the game, they were astonished that she was black-n-gold from head to toe. They teased her, and threatened her to never take her to a game again (all in fun, of course)... :lol: .... She also said that her tips suffered that day, and has refused to bet me again since then...

...My only other comment, is that if it is done with good natured intentions, it can be fun. You can always wear Steeler accesories (cap, towel) and get so dramatic about it that everyone enjoys a good laugh. Which is what it is all about anyway.

I agree with you about this being more of a tough bet than $$. We are betting our pride which is priceless. We both do a good job of running our yappers about how good our teams are & everyone that knows us, knows where our allegiences lie......

:D

Mr Smartmonies
07-05-2008, 11:52 PM
did I hear someone say something about a bet? :wink:

[#42414764] STRAIGHT BET (Risking: 903.00 - To Win: 700.00)
07/05/2008 - 05:15 PMMLB [913] SD PADRES -129 ( ACTION )
Score: SD PADRES(4) - ARI D-BACKS(2)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wager details for ticket number 20891318-1:

Wager Type:Total
Wager Status:Win
Risk / To Win Amount:$88.21 / $76.70 (USD) Accepted 7/5/2008 2:06 PM - EST
Amount Paid: 164.91

Sport / Period:5 Innings Baseball / Game
Line:
Chicago Cubs/St Louis Cardinals 7/5/2008 3:55 PM - (EST)
Under 4½ -115
Pitchers:T Lilly -L - Must Pitch K Lohse -R - Must Pitch
* Game Notes:
First 5 innings ONLY (Listed Pitchers ONLY)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wager details for ticket number 20895420-1:

Wager Type:Money Line
Risk / To Win Amount:$100.00 / $80.00 (USD) Accepted 7/5/2008 7:10 PM - EST
Amount Paid: 180.00

Sport / Period:MLB Baseball / Game
Line:
Cincinnati Reds 7/5/2008 7:10 PM - (EST)
Pitchers:T Redding -R - Must Pitch J Fogg -R - Must Pitch
* Game Notes:
Overnight Pitching Change J Fogg for A Harang

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wager details for ticket number 20895881-1:

Wager Type:Parlay (2 team)
Risk / To Win Amount:$64.00 / $142.63 (USD) Accepted 7/5/2008 8:04 PM - EST
Amount Paid: 206.63

Item #1
Outcome:Win
Line:
Colorado Rockies 7/5/2008 8:05 PM - (EST)
Pitchers:R Tucker -R - Must Pitch J De La Rosa -L - Must Pitch

Item #2
Outcome:Win
Line:
San Diego Padres 7/5/2008 8:10 PM - (EST)
Pitchers: Peavy -R - Must Pitch D Davis -L - Must Pitch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07/04/2008 18:16:53 Wagered $150.00 to win $226.50 on OAKLAND: J BLANTON Won Straight Wager
BA 75 7/4 OAKLAND: J BLANTON AT CHICAGO A: M BUEHRLE

07/04/2008 18:16:29 Wagered $240.00 to win $200.00 on SAN DIEGO: C BAEK +1.5 Won Straight Wager
BN 65 7/4 SAN DIEGO: C BAEK AT ARIZONA: D HAREN

07/04/2008 18:16:07 Wagered $260.00 to win $200.00 on COLORADO: G REYNOLDS Won Straight Wager
BN 61 7/4 FLORIDA: S OLSEN AT COLORADO: G REYNOLDS

07/04/2008 16:09:22 Wagered $1400.00 to win $1000.00 on SEATTLE: E BEDARD Won Straight Wager
BA 69 7/4 DETROIT: K ROGERS AT SEATTLE: E BEDARD

07/04/2008 15:07:49 Wagered $1540.00 to win $1100.00 on SEATTLE: E BEDARD Won Straight Wager
BA 69 7/4 DETROIT: K ROGERS AT SEATTLE: E BEDARD

07/04/2008 15:07:06 Wagered $280.00 to win $200.00 on SEATTLE: E BEDARD Won Straight Wager

NKySteeler
07-05-2008, 11:56 PM
<<<Thread ruined due to lack of recognition>>> ...... :roll:

Mr Smartmonies
07-06-2008, 12:04 AM

I was in waynesburg on Wedensday.

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 12:06 AM

But did you have a stromboli at Scotties' Pizzeria?!......

Mr Smartmonies
07-06-2008, 12:07 AM

But did you have a stromboli at Scotties' Pizzeria?!......

I did not. Damn.

NKySteeler
07-06-2008, 12:10 AM
I did not. Damn.

<<shakes head...>> .... You are missing a great treat....

buckeyehoppy
07-06-2008, 12:20 AM

I'm with ya on not wearing Clowns crap, but I can't avoid Orange in certain contexts. My nieces play over at North Olmsted and the school colors are Orange and Black. Pretty bad, but I take a bit of satisfaction in that my Clowns fan sister and brother-in-law have to wear Bunghole colors every time their daughters play a game, so the misery is spread evenly.

But I wouldn't even put up wearing the other's colors for a bet because I wouldn't wear that dog dirt and you can't make me. I usually just bet beer!

AngryAsian
07-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I will never wear another football team's junk on my body. Just couldn't I'd rather bet a 100 bucks on the game rather than risk the chance of having to wear any colors other than the beautiful Black and Gold. My favorite international soccer player is Christiano Ronaldo who plays for the Team Portugal and when my wife decided to buy me his jersey one year for Christmas, I made sure that I had her order the "away" jersey.....

http://www.mmsport.dk/world_cup_2006_jersey/portugal-away-jersey-06-08-c.-ronaldo-17.jpg

BIG FAN
07-06-2008, 11:35 PM
I will never wear another football team's junk on my body. Just couldn't I'd rather bet a 100 bucks on the game rather than risk the chance of having to wear any colors other than the beautiful Black and Gold. My favorite international soccer player is Christiano Ronaldo who plays for the Team Portugal and when my wife decided to buy me his jersey one year for Christmas, I made sure that I had her order the "away" jersey.....

http://www.mmsport.dk/world_cup_2006_jersey/portugal-away-jersey-06-08-c.-ronaldo-17.jpg

I'm with you here, I would only bet the money, or to pick up a hefty tab.

Snatch98
07-07-2008, 12:09 AM
A couple of my friends have a pretty funny bet going. One is a Browns fan and the other a Cowboys fan. If the Browns win the Cowboys fan has to wear his Cowboys Jersey EVERY DAY, unless at work and grow a crusty mustache and keep it for two months. If The Cowboys win it's the same but with a Browns jersey. If it were me making the bet it would be the guy wearing the opposing teams jersey but to have to wear the same thing everyday for a month is pretty bad.

Starlifter
07-07-2008, 12:17 AM
My greatest bet ever occurred during Ben's Rookie season. The Pats came to town on a 21 game win streak. I decided to bet every pats fan on my companies message board on the outcome. I think the final was 38 folks took me up on my offer. the wager? the loser had to change their avatar, signature and donate 100 bucks to our company's mutual aid fund. If I had lost it would only have cost me a c-note an ugly avatar for a week. but the joy of watching 38 other have to change avatars, post a signature of my choosing and donate $3800 bucks on behalf of Ben Roethlisburger was delicious.......

(the downside was i made the same bet that year for the AFCG.......uuuggghh)

RuthlessBurgher
07-07-2008, 12:19 AM
A couple of my friends have a pretty funny bet going. One is a Browns fan and the other a Cowboys fan. If the Browns win the Cowboys fan has to wear his Cowboys Jersey EVERY DAY, unless at work and grow a crusty mustache and keep it for two months. If The Cowboys win it's the same but with a Browns jersey. If it were me making the bet it would be the guy wearing the opposing teams jersey but to have to wear the same thing everyday for a month is pretty bad.

There are worse things in the world than having to wear a Steeler jersey every day! It would take a beating being washed so many times in a month, so it would have to be a sturdy authentic, because a screen printed replica would probably get destroyed with so many washings in such a short amount of time.

buckeyehoppy
07-07-2008, 12:23 AM

Dude, Ronaldo is God!!! Dude kicks grass!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Ronaldo road gear is sweet, too!

Snatch98
07-07-2008, 02:17 AM

There are worse things in the world than having to wear a Steeler jersey every day! It would take a beating being washed so many times in a month, so it would have to be a sturdy authentic, because a screen printed replica would probably get destroyed with so many washings in such a short amount of time.

I think the "non-washing" concept is a part of the bet. The Jersey will eventually start to reek with the constant wearing, couple that with the crusty stache and it's a recipe for success. lol

frankthetank1
07-07-2008, 08:14 AM
i made the same bet last year with my friend at the pats steelers game. what a mistake that was. of all the dumb things ive said and done when im wasted that was one of the dumbest. i also didnt plan on the steelers playing the pats two years in a row. im hoping by the time that game comes this season that he forgot about the bet. no freakin way i could ever wear a pats jersey especially at a steelers pats game. id want to beat up myself

SteelerOfDeVille
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
My brother in-law, who is a big Colts fan, & I have bet on this years upcomming Colts/Steelers match-up. The loser has to wear the other teams apparel at our yearly Memorial Day party next year & to the next Steelers/Colts game that we will attend when it's in Indy.

I don't want to be too sure of myself, but I'm extremely confindent the Steelers can win this game easily. Peyton will be playing against the elements rather than the nice, climate controlled environment that he is accustomed to. And Peyton sucks against a 3-4 D.

If I end up losing this bet, it will kill me to have to wear Colts gear!! I would rather buy my brother in-law lunch every week for the rest of my life.

Has anyone done any wagers similiar to this in the past that they care to share?
I bet my terrible towel versus a colts towel during the Bettis fumble-on-the-way-to-the-superbowl game.

I put a hole in the towel and use it as a golf towel (although my original claim was to use it to dry my arse). :moon

birtikidis
07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
yea i made a bet like that once... Bet that the Steelers would beat Indy on Monday night... wager was to shave every hair off my body. when Ike gave up that big TD to harrison at the beginning i knew i was doomed. But I won the rematch! SHE had to shave her head!