PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre may not be retired after all *UGH*

Ozey74
07-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Brett Favre is telling those close to him that he still has the itch. A source close to Chris Mortenson has said to not be surprised if Favre comes back. All of this info was on NFL Live today (7/2).

I find this exhausting. Poop or get off of the pot........

I'd be PO'd if I was A. Rodgers.

MeetJoeGreene
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
John Madden is now sporting a stiffy.

:wft :shock:

birtikidis
07-02-2008, 04:26 PM
this may be the worst news that i've heard all day.

Jom112
07-02-2008, 04:30 PM
This story sucks.

Unless of course Favre didn't return to GB but to Da Bears... :stirpot

Shawn
07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Are you fuggin kidding me???

I mean after all the slobbering, and hysterics we have to tolerate another year and another retirement speech???

If I no longer post here...you will know I have taken my own life.

RuthlessBurgher
07-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Can he play center? :lol:

Ozey74
07-02-2008, 05:03 PM
If I was a Packers fan, I would be embarrassed. Favre is acting like a damn girl w/all his wishy washiness.

stlrz d
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

I can't find it online, but on a local show here they were talking about a writer for the Wisconsin State Journal who has an "impeccable" source who states that Favre and his agent (Bus Cook) are pressuring the Packers to release him so he can play elsewhere since the Packers are set on moving forward with Rodgers.

SteelerOfDeVille
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM

I mean after all the slobbering, and hysterics we have to tolerate another year and another retirement speech???

We can only hope....

about favre :P

Ozey74
07-02-2008, 06:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

I can't find it online, but on a local show here they were talking about a writer for the Wisconsin State Journal who has an "impeccable" source who states that Favre and his agent (Bus Cook) are pressuring the Packers to release him so he can play elsewhere since the Packers are set on moving forward with Rodgers.

That is the only way I would be interested in seeing him return!!! Him in a Bears uniform is unthinkable. The Bears could use him!!

SteelHoss
07-02-2008, 08:33 PM
This is disturbing news. I can't help but think of the Johnny Unitas, who IMO was one of the greatest if not the greatest QB of all time. Unitas did'nt come out of retirement, but he played beyond his effectiveness. It was very sad to see him struggle in his last couple of seasons. Favre needs as Noll use to say, "get on with his life's work."

papillon
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
:Agree

Nothing worse than seeing a HOFer struggle late in his career even though he may still be as effective as 60% of the quarterbacks in the league.

Pappy

costanza2k1
07-02-2008, 10:41 PM

I thought Madden was a stiffy?

Shawn
07-02-2008, 11:28 PM

We can only hope....

about favre :P

:lol:

Wait....

:x

:lol:

birtikidis
07-02-2008, 11:37 PM
OT the college football board is calling to you shawn...

BIG FAN
07-03-2008, 01:00 AM
I had a feeling it wouldn't take long for this Farve crap to start popping up again. I really could care less. Kinda feel sorry for all the fanatics in Green Bay who have to go through this off season ritual. Kinda like when we wanted the Bus back for that last year.

rpmpit
07-03-2008, 07:34 AM
http://www.mediabistro.com/prnewser/original/Douche.jpg

NC Steeler Fan
07-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Hey, hey, hey now...

Knock it off with the girly crap! :P

Farve is acting like a spoiled little brat who misses the
attention if you ask me, a trait easily achievable by men
and wimmin folk alike.

If I was a packer fan, I'd be embarrassed too...

rpmpit
07-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey, hey, hey now...

Knock it off with the girly crap! :P

Farve is acting like a spoiled little brat who misses the
attention if you ask me, a trait easily achievable by men
and wimmin folk alike.

If I was a packer fan, I'd be embarrassed too...

Me?? Oh, calling someone a douche isn't really gender specific. If you took it that way, I apologize :(

NC Steeler Fan
07-03-2008, 11:35 AM
If I was a Packers fan, I would be embarrassed. Favre is acting like a damn girl w/all his wishy washiness.

Oops, sorry RPM! :lol:

It was actually Oz who started it!

Shame on you Oz!
:P :wink:

Hey, maybe instead of "girly" we can use "Favrey" for such
behaviour now! :lol:

SteelerNation1
07-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Screw the Favre story, I wanna know, when did we get a troll on this board??? Jom112?

birtikidis
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
when i saw the thread title and saw the * i thought, damn favre signed with the new england*?
yea, i was wondering about jom also... remember trolls are cute when they're little, but they require alot of attention and whine alot...

SteelerNation1
07-03-2008, 11:54 AM
when i saw the thread title and saw the * i thought, damn favre signed with the new england*?
yea, i was wondering about jom also... remember trolls are cute when they're little, but they require alot of attention and whine alot...

:lol: :lol: :lol: A Bengal troll??? Didn't they go away after that Wildcard game in 2005? :bungalssuck

birtikidis
07-03-2008, 11:58 AM
that's what i thought.. the bengals? Bengals? i mean can we get a REAL troll here?

NC Steeler Fan
07-03-2008, 12:01 PM
that's what i thought.. the bengals? Bengals? i mean can we get a REAL troll here?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He/she did kinda slip in under the radar, eh?

I was scrutinizing the sig pic to see if there was a slam on the
bungles in it somewhere and then realized it was a troll.

Aww, maybe we can put a leash on it and keep it for a pet? :?:

birtikidis
07-03-2008, 12:26 PM
trolls tend to SHIIT everywhere. there's no way we're keeping a troll in THIS HOUSE! and that's final young lady!

NC Steeler Fan
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
trolls tend to SHIIT everywhere. there's no way we're keeping a troll in THIS HOUSE! and that's final young lady!

Ohhhhh, okaaaaayyy... :oops:

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I didn't want to start a new Favre thread, so I decided to dig up an old one to post the news of his continued retirement. This thread was from his first un-retirement in 2008 as opposed to the most-recent possible unretirement, but I figured I would go with it, because it happened to be the thread where we were introduced to our pal Jom. :lol:

Updated: July 28, 2009, 6:13 PM ET
Favre opts to remain retired
By Ed Werder
ESPN.com

Report: Favre Will Remain Retired

Quarterback Brett Favre has informed Minnesota Vikings officials that he will remain retired, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune

After nearly three months of what he described as intense and often emotional soul-searching, Brett Favre decided to remain retired from the NFL rather than become the Minnesota Vikings' starting quarterback.

Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder that the decision not to play for the Vikings was incredibly difficult, and in the process he indicated that he is unlikely to ever considering playing again in the NFL. "It was the hardest decision I've ever made,'' Favre said. "I didn't feel like physically I could play at a level that was acceptable. I would like to thank everyone, including the Packers, Jets and Vikings -- but, most importantly, the fans."

Favre, who had shoulder surgery in May, experienced soreness in both ankles and his left knee during his private workouts in Mississippi. The pain would not subside and worsened as he continued to prepare for a potential 19th NFL season, which Favre considered proof that his health was too precarious to be trusted for a 16-game season.

"I had to be careful not to commit for the wrong reasons,'' Favre said. "They were telling me, 'You went through all this, you had the surgery and you've got to finish it off.' But I have legitimate reasons for my decision. I'm 39 with a lot of sacks to my name."

Favre, who is nearly 40, said his decision was made after consulting with former coaches Mike Holmgren and Andy Reid, and despite the lobbying efforts of Vikings players. Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen Steve Hutchinson made phone calls or sent text messages in what one source described as Minnesota's "full-court press'' to convince Favre to sign the previously negotiated one-year, $10 million contract.

But Favre rejected the Vikings on more than one occasion in the past week. Last Monday, Favre informed offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a former Green Bay assistant coach and a close friend, he thought playing again was too risky and that he would remain retired. When Favre told Bevell he wasn't sure his body could endure a full season, Bevell pleaded for him to reconsider, and Favre consented but could "never get over the mental hump."

"It was a rare and unique opportunity to consider adding not only a future Hall of Fame quarterback but one that is very familiar with our system and division," Vikings head coach Brad Childress said in a statement. "That does not detract from the team that we have. As we have consistently communicated, we feel good about our team and they have put forth a tremendous effort this offseason preparing for the season ahead. With this behind us, we look forward to getting to Mankato and getting training camp underway."

Favre underwent arthroscopic surgery to release a partially torn biceps tendon in his passing shoulder, a painful injury that contributed to his tying for the NFL lead in interceptions last season. The surgery performed by Dr. James Andrews proved beneficial.

But, ultimately, Favre feared that the pain that emerged from in his ankles and knee from previous injuries created too much uncertainty.

He was concerned that the pain might never subside and could continue to worsen, and he understood that signing and reporting to camp and then leaving prematurely would result in criticism over his decision to play again.

"The problem with playing in every game for 16 or 17 years is that people think there's nothing wrong with you and you can play forever,'' he said. "The things that bothered me, bothered me a little more. It takes longer to recover -- if you do recover."

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN.

Iron Shiek
07-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Haha, I was wondering why everyone was slamming Jom...I was like dang...he's been here for a while...people haven't noticed? I didn't look at the dates... :oops:

Anyway...here's to Favre:

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.

birtikidis
07-28-2009, 06:38 PM
what oh what will espn have to report on now? that station may go under due to this!

Jom112
07-28-2009, 06:51 PM

You weren't too far off... :moon

RuthlessBurgher
07-28-2009, 06:58 PM
what oh what will espn have to report on now? that station may go under due to this!

There is still Mike Vick! And then Plaxico after that! Ugh...

papillon
07-28-2009, 10:38 PM

Umm, and you comment about me mentioning Stapleton and tool size? :wft :moon

Pappy

Acero
07-29-2009, 08:38 AM
OK guys, with your pardon I'm gonna rant now.

SCREW RICH EISEN!

I CAN'T STAND THAT DOUCHE.

Bear with me: when they had the "Top 10 innovations" show on NFLN a few weeks ago, I was very pleased to see BadWord LeBeau's Zone Blitz at #1. I was sure they'd give the WC Offense the #1 spot but was pleasantly surprised.

What did DOUCHEBAG Rich Eisen contribute to the conversation about the NUMBER ONE INNOVATION OF ALL TIME IN THE NFL? All he talked about... THE ONLY THING HE TALKED ABOUT.... was Rod Woodson's "man crush" on LeBeau. The DOUCHEBAG said "man crush" at least four times.

AND THIS SAME DOUCHEBAG is leading the charge in the brett favre re-un-re-un-retirement media frenzy. I tune in last night to Total Access, three days before training camps kick in, and the entire hour is devoted to Brett Favre.

And this DOUCHEBAG has the stones to throw around the "man-crush" card when he's been slobbering over Favre's re-un-re-un-re-un-retired jock for the past three seasons???

SCREW RICH EISEN THE HYPOCRITICAL DOUCHEBAG.

Sorry. Done with my rant.

Ghost
07-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Acero - you NEVER have to apologize for bashing Rich Eisen. Douche doesn't even begin to describe this guy.

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't think I've ever seen someone look so awkward when running.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iq2vQY1Jeaw/R0TxN2zoW_I/AAAAAAAADJk/Knp6yHTLSNI/s400/eisen.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2009, 03:12 PM
There are a whole bunch of authentic Brett Favre Viking jerseys (the ones that cost in the neighborhood of $275) on sale on eBay for like $30. Wouldn't it be more therapeutic for a Viking fan spurned by Favre to burn the jersey instead of recouping just $30? I wonder if I should buy an authentic Viking Favre jersey for $30 and wear it to Heinz for our game against Minnesota on 10-25-09 (with my Steeler hat and Terrible Towel, of course) as a joke. I have a friend who is a Viking fan, so I could wear it to his house as well. Hmmm... :lol: