PDA

View Full Version : A favor

birtikidis
07-01-2008, 01:38 PM
guys, i'm starting a blog and was wondering if ya'll would mind critiquing it for me? I'm pretty new to the idea of blogging but i think i've done an ok job so far...
http://workoutwarriors.blogspot.com/

thanks in advance to those that have checked it out!

birtikidis
07-01-2008, 02:03 PM
oh and let me know if there are any ads listed on the site. for some reason google adsense isn't working for me.... :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
07-01-2008, 02:18 PM
oh and let me know if there are any ads listed on the site. for some reason google adsense isn't working for me.... :HeadBanger

At the bottom, it does say:

Ads by Google Best Chest Workout Cardio Workout Plan

with clickable links.

birtikidis
07-01-2008, 02:53 PM
hey appreciate it ruthless. i can't see them for some reason...

BIG FAN
07-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Nice hat. :D
Site looks good, no glaring ad's I saw.
Good job.

birtikidis
07-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Big Fan what did you think of the content?
I have a kid that i'm putting on the same program as Troy P. i'm going to have a friend video record the first 6 days of the program and post it.. stay tuned.

birtikidis
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
did you see ANY ads Big Fan?

MeetJoeGreene
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
guys, i'm starting a blog and was wondering if ya'll would mind critiquing it for me? I'm pretty new to the idea of blogging but i think i've done an ok job so far...

I didn't see any ads. I voted in your poll.

Good read.

Why do you do triceps and biceps the same day? I always thought you did pushes (chest, shoulders, triceps) one day and pulls (biceps and back) on a day

stlrz d
07-01-2008, 10:41 PM

I didn't see any ads. I voted in your poll.

Good read.

Why do you do triceps and biceps the same day? I always thought you did pushes (chest, shoulders, triceps) one day and pulls (biceps and back) on a day

I always used to do opposite muscle groups on the same day. Biceps & Triceps, Chest & Back...then the dreaded legs. Abs 3 or 4 times a week.

As for the site, here's what I see at the bottom:

Ads by Google Work Out Routines Full Body Workout

They're spaced apart though. For some reason this board takes out the spaces.

birtikidis
07-02-2008, 12:17 AM
hey thanks guys i appreciate you looking at it.
i put biceps and triceps together because of the way i super set.
one set= tri ext, dips, pull ups, curls
i do that for 4 sets (12,10,8,6 reps per set in a descending order)
2nd set = pushdowns, french press, cable curl, concentration curl
i do that for 4 sets
i don't like to sit still!
i always start with chest and don't super set. it always gets me focused and limbered for monday and thursdays.

birtikidis
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
bump

Jom112
07-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Good start. I saw the ads without any issues.

One thing I would say is to try and go into a little more detail about your workout. Such as what exactly you do when you work on your legs on Wednesday (Is is just me or did that last sentence come off a little weird?).

Also good poll. I voted for the elliptical because it's easier on my knees. Although I always get the feeling that the elliptical doesn't burn as much as the regular treadmill. Maybe you should write an article about that...

birtikidis
07-02-2008, 02:50 PM
thank Jom i'm going to be putting that stuff in with embedded video on the different workouts after i get off vacation. i just wanted to do a general overview for the next few days then i'll get into it more hardcore starting next monday!

birtikidis
07-02-2008, 02:53 PM
what i want to do is have a few workouts that i can embed as video.
for instance
one entry will be for sandbag workouts
another entry will be for form (i have a buddy that played for the gators that i'm going to video tape)
another entry will be for calishetics (i know i spelled that wrong)
then another entry will be for my workout
and i want to have one entry on the workout that troy p does... i have a kid on the football team that i'm gonna have do it.
each entry i'll try to have embedded video..

BIG FAN
07-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Big Fan what did you think of the content?
I have a kid that i'm putting on the same program as Troy P. i'm going to have a friend video record the first 6 days of the program and post it.. stay tuned.

I thought the content good, personable and concise. As far as the ad's I only saw the same thing about Google ad's at the bottom. I think it's good enough for me to check with. I'll give you any qustions I have over there.

birtikidis
07-02-2008, 11:50 PM
we pardon the interuption of your posting with another shameless promotion of Birtikidis' blog. thank you. and enjoy posting.

btw i get paid from the ads.. :mrgreen:

birtikidis
07-04-2008, 01:57 AM
hey if any of you guys/girls know of a good way to advertise blogs could you give me some tips? i'm very new to it, so all the help would be appreciated.
btw in my last post I said i get paid for the ads. i meant if you clck on them. i actually don't get any extra $ if you buy anything..
has anyone else used adsense by google?

birtikidis
07-04-2008, 12:33 PM
hmm it would seem as though my shameless promotion has had a negative effect...
BUT thanks to all of you who have went and checked it out, it's much appreciated!

birtikidis
07-12-2008, 06:54 PM
I've added a bunch of posts and a few other things. I've only gotten one comment on there, so i'm not sure how good it is...?