PDA

View Full Version : UFC 86: Rampage vs. Forrest

Jom112
06-30-2008, 01:55 PM
UFC 86 is coming up this Saturday. Overall it's a lackluster fight card, but the Rampage/Forrest fight should be good. Initially I thought Rampage would wipe the floor with him (And probably still will), but I do have to give Forrest some credit. He appears to be an intelligent fighter who can take a good deal of punishment.

Forrest was impressive against Shogun, showing that he can defend a submission move with the best of them. Shogun did beat Rampage before so that should give Forrest a little more confidence coming into the fight.

Final prediction: Rampage wins via knockout in the 1st.

What do you guys think?

Les 74
06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Everyone and their mother is picking Rampage.............I'll go with Griffin.

NKySteeler
06-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Sorry Jom, I'm not into UFC in any way (unless it involves a female midget and a donkey in Tijuanna), so I'll stay out of your thread...

Les 74
06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry Jom, I'm not into UFC in any way (unless it involves a female midget and a donkey in Tijuanna), so I'll stay out of your thread...

Who are you trying to kid????I saw a male midget and a sheep in your backyard last weekend. :lol:

NKySteeler
06-30-2008, 07:00 PM

Who are you trying to kid????I saw a male midget and a sheep in your backyard last weekend. :lol:

Shhhhh....!!! That's our little secret, ok big boy?.... Besides, she was beeeeaaaauuuuutiful! :wink:

Les 74
06-30-2008, 07:10 PM

Shhhhh....!!! That's our little secret, ok big boy?.... Besides, she was beeeeaaaauuuuutiful! :wink:

:shock:

:o

:lol:

Jom112
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM

Forrest has a chance. I'm sure no one thought he could take Shogun, but he did. He had a great strategy against him. It should be interesting to see what he tries to do against Rampage...

AngryAsian
07-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Forrest will shock people and a rivalry will begin.

Les 74
07-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Totally agree with you,AS!!!!I see the upset of the decade happening here.

Shawn
07-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Forrest knocks him the F out!

:)

Jigawatts
07-02-2008, 09:40 AM

Another Ice Cube related post by SMG :lol:

ghettoscott
07-02-2008, 09:46 AM
I am pulling for Forrest, deep down i think that Rampage wins though.

Jom112
07-02-2008, 10:00 AM

That seems to be the concenus opinion. Although you wouldn't get that from reading this MB.

I think Rampage's game has translated very well from Pride to UFC which is why he has been having a lot of success whereas people like Wandy and Shogun have struggled a bit. I would love to see the Ax kick be allowed in the UFC, although I know the fighting commissions will never allow it...

Shawn
07-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Another Ice Cube related post by SMG :lol:

I'm glad someone caught it. I have been on an Ice Cube kick recently. :lol:

Shawn
07-02-2008, 01:12 PM

That seems to be the concenus opinion. Although you wouldn't get that from reading this MB.

I think Rampage's game has translated very well from Pride to UFC which is why he has been having a lot of success whereas people like Wandy and Shogun have struggled a bit. I would love to see the Ax kick be allowed in the UFC, although I know the fighting commissions will never allow it...

I have taken/practiced/or taught until recently Chinese Kenpo since I was 5. One of the most brutal things I have ever seen was in Columbus at the State championships when I was 7 y/o. I seen a guy come down on some guys head with an axe kick and just opened him up. The guys limp body melted to the floor. I have never seen that much blood in my life. This was supposed to be light contact sparring. It was certainly uncalled for and there is no way you give that kick to guys this good. That's asking for death. That would literally turn the sport into human co..ck fighting.

Jom112
07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I have taken/practiced/or taught until recently Chinese Kenpo since I was 5. One of the most brutal things I have ever seen was in Columbus at the State championships when I was 7 y/o. I seen a guy come down on some guys head with an axe kick and just opened him up. The guys limp body melted to the floor. I have never seen that much blood in my life. This was supposed to be light contact sparring. It was certainly uncalled for and there is no way you give that kick to guys this good. That's asking for death. That would literally turn the sport into co...ck fighting.

You make a good point. It was fun to watch on t.v. but if I saw what you did, I definitely wouldn't be saying that...

Shawn
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I have taken/practiced/or taught until recently Chinese Kenpo since I was 5. One of the most brutal things I have ever seen was in Columbus at the State championships when I was 7 y/o. I seen a guy come down on some guys head with an axe kick and just opened him up. The guys limp body melted to the floor. I have never seen that much blood in my life. This was supposed to be light contact sparring. It was certainly uncalled for and there is no way you give that kick to guys this good. That's asking for death. That would literally turn the sport into co..ck fighting.

You make a good point. It was fun to watch on t.v. but if I saw what you did, I definitely wouldn't be saying that...

I love UFC...but certain weapons have to be banned to keep the sport semi safe. But, I'll tell you...in about 15 years we will hear alot of horror stories about guys who were in the UFC and leagues like this one. It will make the boxing stories seem like mother goose nursery rhymes.

Jom112
07-02-2008, 02:13 PM
I love UFC...but certain weapons have to be banned to keep the sport semi safe. But, I'll tell you...in about 15 years we will hear alot of horror stories about guys who were in the UFC and leagues like this one. It will make the boxing stories seem like mother goose nursery rhymes.

Sad to hear. Although looking at Wandy's face very believable...

Les 74
07-07-2008, 03:34 PM

Damn!!!!Why can't I predict the lottery like this??? :lol:

Shawn
07-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Ya know I just seen a show about Forrest...and his personality is one of those personalities that makes me take a mental note. He was an ADHD child, with impulse control issues. Over the years he has been able to turn that energy into success in the sports arena. Thats great. But, what concerns me is what happens with these guys when their outlet is gone and sports are no longer a viable option. Couple his personality with a lack of outlet...and a history of frontal lobe blows and you have a ticking time bomb. These are the kind of guys you hear about going off one day.

AngryAsian
07-09-2008, 01:04 AM

Like I said.... Forrest Griffin. The guy's conditioning is incredible. Props to Forrest.

Shawn
07-09-2008, 08:40 AM

Like I said.... Forrest Griffin. The guy's conditioning is incredible. Props to Forrest.

In my opinion this will either be a quick win by Rampage or a lengthy win by Forrest. If Forrest can hang on for awhile and extend this match...this match would turn to his favor. The guy can take punishment, is conditioned beyond what is human, and has unreal heart. You have to root for the guy.

RuthlessBurgher
07-09-2008, 09:45 AM

In my opinion this will either be a quick win by Rampage or a lengthy win by Forrest. If Forrest can hang on for awhile and extend this match...this match would turn to his favor. The guy can take punishment, is conditioned beyond what is human, and has unreal heart. You have to root for the guy.

Ummm...Shawn...didn't this fight happen already?

In Super Bowl XLII, I predict a close win by the Giants. :Beer

Shawn
07-09-2008, 10:39 AM

Ummm...Shawn...didn't this fight happen already?

In Super Bowl XLII, I predict a close win by the Giants. :Beer

I actually had no idea the fight had already happened. Was it pay per view? And for the record I already predicted a Forrest win thank you very much. :D