PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw Admits to Steroid Use.

calmkiller
06-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Posted at PFT.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/ ... eroid-use/ (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/24/bradshaw-admits-to-steroid-use/)

BRADSHAW ADMITS TO STEROID USE
Posted by Mike Florio on June 24, 2008, 9:07 a.m. EDT

In an admission that is almost as stunning as the absence of any meaningful mainstream media reaction to it, Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw admitted last week that he took steroids while playing pro football in the 1970s.

“We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing,” Bradshaw said on The Dan Patrick Show. “My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up injury, and [I] thought nothing of it. . . . It was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn’t to get bigger and stronger and faster.”

But the problem is that plenty of players use and have used and will use steroids for the exact same reason. When Pats safety Rodney Harrison was popped last year for possession of HGH, he claimed he wasn’t cheating because he was only doing it to recover from an injury — ignoring the obvious reality that using banned substances to speed recovery from an injury is simply another form of cheating.

Bradshaw says that he took steroids with a doctor’s prescription. It’s irrelevant, in our view. Steroids are now widely viewed as proof of cheating, both in the days before and after they were officially banned by the NFL. Today, no player can use them, with or without a piece of paper with a squiggly line intended to reflect an approximation of a physician’s signature.

And Bradshaw’s use of the pronoun “we” reflects a recognition that he was hardly the only one using them. Meanwhile, Bradshaw has continued to earn a very nice living as a member of the mainstream media while previously not once offering up any frank and candid admission of his own use of the substances, or regarding his knowledge of the extent to which others were using it.

It’s unclear why Bradshaw opted for candor with Patrick. Maybe Dan is simply a damn good interviewer, who was able to get Bradshaw to talk about something he’d previously concealed. Either way, this is a big story, and it deserves a lot more play than it has received.

Iron Shiek
06-24-2008, 12:06 PM
This is no big relevation or anything. And to me it wasn't "illegal" then and he obtained them "legally" so whatever. You know dumass fans of other teams will jump on it.

birtikidis
06-24-2008, 12:15 PM
how can something be cheating that was accepted at the time it was being done?

Flasteel
06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Talk about an over-reaction by Florio. Is this guy that oblivious to what went on back in the '70's? The use of steroids was rampant back then by many players for many reasons, so for him to sit behind his computer and cry cheating is at best irresponsible. Who knows what Bradshaw took, maybe it was Andro, or maybe it was some type of corticosteroid with a legitimate medical purpose (Shawn?). First, Florio pronounces Bradshaw dead and now he's a cheater...shut the F up dude.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-24-2008, 12:56 PM
how can something be cheating that was accepted at the time it was being done?
it's only cheating WHEN ti's agains the rules. otherwise, it's not.

Once upon a time dunking a basketball was against the rules... if you dunked when it was against the rules, you were penalized... if you dunked during another time period, you aren't.

Was Deacon Jones a cheater with his head slap? No... not unless he used it after they banned it.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Posted at PFT.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/ ... eroid-use/ (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/24/bradshaw-admits-to-steroid-use/)

BRADSHAW ADMITS TO STEROID USE
Posted by Mike Florio on June 24, 2008, 9:07 a.m. EDT

In an admission that is almost as stunning as the absence of any meaningful mainstream media reaction to it, Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw admitted last week that he took steroids while playing pro football in the 1970s.

“We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing,” Bradshaw said on The Dan Patrick Show. “My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up injury, and [I] thought nothing of it. . . . It was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn’t to get bigger and stronger and faster.”

But the problem is that plenty of players use and have used and will use steroids for the exact same reason. When Pats safety Rodney Harrison was popped last year for possession of HGH, he claimed he wasn’t cheating because he was only doing it to recover from an injury — ignoring the obvious reality that using banned substances to speed recovery from an injury is simply another form of cheating.

Bradshaw says that he took steroids with a doctor’s prescription. It’s irrelevant, in our view. Steroids are now widely viewed as proof of cheating, both in the days before and after they were officially banned by the NFL. Today, no player can use them, with or without a piece of paper with a squiggly line intended to reflect an approximation of a physician’s signature.

And Bradshaw’s use of the pronoun “we” reflects a recognition that he was hardly the only one using them. Meanwhile, Bradshaw has continued to earn a very nice living as a member of the mainstream media while previously not once offering up any frank and candid admission of his own use of the substances, or regarding his knowledge of the extent to which others were using it.

It’s unclear why Bradshaw opted for candor with Patrick. Maybe Dan is simply a damn good interviewer, who was able to get Bradshaw to talk about something he’d previously concealed. Either way, this is a big story, and it deserves a lot more play than it has received.

This guy Florio is an ignorant slut. Millions of people have been prescribed steroids by their physicians, that is not of interest in the least to anybody. This was and still is acceptable legally, and it was within the NFL rules at the time. Just because it isn't (within the NFL rules) now doesn't mean a thing. It's like saying because I drank when I was 18 years old (and the drinking age was 18 then) makes me a criminal because it's 21 years old now.

Geesh, that guy is a big maroon.

Djfan
06-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Twice I have had to take steroids for medical reasons. It is only a 5 day course. No big deal. It's not like he used them for weeks in his work out program.

On a funny side note, my 16 year old son is autistic. When he heard that I was going to take them, he told my wife that my muscles would be huge soon. Kind of cute in a way.

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Just another reason Roethlisberger is best QB in steeler history.

1) Ben doesn't take Steriods

2) Ben would have never been benched in favor of Joe gilliam

That being Said, Bradshaw is still my 3rd favorite Steeler of all time.

My short list

1) Roethlisberger (He's like a one man Gang)
2) Lambert (Heart and Soul)
3) Bradshaw (Was treated unfairly by fans)
4) Swann (added Flair to championship team)
5) Mean Joe Green (Probably the 2nd best player ever for the Steelers)
6) Mel blount (they had to change the rules because of him)
7) Rod Woodson (soo fast)
8 ) Stallworth (dependable, with deep play capability)
9) Bettis (for years he faced 9 man fronts without passing attack, and still got job done)
10) Plaxico Burress (we didn't have a real legit passing game until he arrived)

Djfan
06-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Very cool, MSM!

RuthlessBurgher
06-24-2008, 02:02 PM

My short list

9) Bettis (for years he faced 9 man fronts without passing attack, and still got job done)

Plax and no Hines? Seriously? I think you are the only Steeler fan who feels this way. Ever.

By the way:
Plaxico Burress' 2 best years in Pittsburgh? 78-1325-7 & 66-1008-6
Yancey Thigpen's 2 best years in Pittsburgh? 79-1398-7 & 85-1307-5

SteelerOfDeVille
06-24-2008, 02:09 PM

My short list

and if all those guys used roids... if you're dropping TB for it, wouldn't that mean Lambert, Swann, MJG, etc shoudl be dropped?

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 02:11 PM

My short list

Plax and no Hines? Seriously? I think you are the only Steeler fan who feels this way. Ever.

By the way:
Plaxico Burress' 2 best years in Pittsburgh? 78-1325-7 & 66-1008-6
Yancey Thigpen's 2 best years in Pittsburgh? 79-1398-7 & 85-1307-5

I liked Thigpen. but Burress did more things like open up the entire field for guys liek Ward to catch 100 passes. Those things don't show up in the Stats however.

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 02:12 PM

My short list

and if all those guys used roids... if you're dropping TB for it, wouldn't that mean Lambert, Swann, MJG, etc shoudl be dropped?

I never dropped Bradshaw. He was #3 all along.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
[quote="Mr Smartmonies":2kyxbwvz]Just another reason Roethlisberger is best QB in steeler history.

My short list

I never dropped Bradshaw. He was #3 all along.[/quote:2kyxbwvz]
maybe im misunderstanding what you're saying here...

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
[quote="Mr Smartmonies":322swsxs]Just another reason Roethlisberger is best QB in steeler history.

My short list

maybe im misunderstanding what you're saying here...[/quote:322swsxs]

I just listed my Top 10 favorite Steelers of all time. That's all.

stlrz d
06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Hate to say it, but TB should know that there is absolutely nothing good that can come of him admitting this regardless of whether or not they were prescribed. Here comes all the BS from all the fans of other teams now. :HeadBanger :roll:

SteelerOfDeVille
06-24-2008, 02:33 PM
[quote=SteelerOfDeVille][quote="Mr Smartmonies":zcwyi89x]Just another reason Roethlisberger is best QB in steeler history.

My short list

maybe im misunderstanding what you're saying here...[/quote:zcwyi89x]

I just listed my Top 10 favorite Steelers of all time. That's all.[/quote:zcwyi89x]
With a footnote... for example, if I said

"Willie Parker's my favorite Steeler RB of all time cuz he never player for the Rams and he's not fat... "

Doesn't that imply that where it not for the fact that Bettis was a fat, former Ram that he might be higher?

(not saying it's what you meant... jsut sharing how it's perceived)

birtikidis
06-24-2008, 02:40 PM
MSM i respect your opinion but i think it's crazy that you think ben is a better qb then terry.

when ben wins 4 sb's in 6 years maybe then we can have this discussion.

btw giliam wasn't a bad qb. he's a hell of a lot better than batch ever will be.

but you're right about terry being treated unfairly by the fans. to me it's a travesty that fans treated him the way they did.

oh and btw, when ben calls ALL of his plays like terry did and wins the way terry did, i'll be much more impressed.

and btw, ben is my #3 as of right now.

1- MJG and Andy Russle
2- lambert
3-ben
4- swann
5- blount
6- rod
7- webby
8- dirt
9- terry
10- lloyd
Honorable mention is troy- if he keeps up with what he's doing now...

SteelerOfDeVille
06-24-2008, 02:48 PM
MSM i respect your opinion but i think it's crazy that you think ben is a better qb then terry.

btw giliam wasn't a bad qb. he's a hell of a lot better than batch ever will be.

but you're right about terry being treated unfairly by the fans. to me it's a travesty that fans treated him the way they did.

oh and btw, when ben calls ALL of his plays like terry did and wins the way terry did, i'll be much more impressed.

and btw, ben is my #3 as of right now.

1- MJG and Andy Russle
2- lambert
3-ben
4- swann
5- blount
6- rod
7- webby
8- dirt
9- terry
10- lloyd
Honorable mention is troy- if he keeps up with what he's doing now...
HOw is Ben #3 and Terry's #9, but, youre criticizing MSM?

Personally, I think you both have Ben rated too high.... if his career finishes like it has started, THEN, he'll be deserving of a top 5 spot. 4 seasons into his career, it's sorta hard to decare him that high, IMO. (Much like you've said about Troy who has been in the league a year longer...)

birtikidis
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
i'm not saying that ben is a better qb in my list. that's just the order of players that i like. in no way do i think that ben is a better qb then terry. i'm just more exposed to ben since i wasn't born until 1979.

birtikidis
06-24-2008, 02:52 PM
SoD the only reason i put my list up there was because i was trying to show that i DO like Ben more than Terry, i just don't think he's a better qb at this point.

calmkiller
06-24-2008, 03:11 PM
More on the subject.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 74348.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_574348.html)

Oviedo
06-24-2008, 03:28 PM

My short list

Buress ahead of Jack Ham? LC Greenwood? Franco Harris?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

SteelerOfDeVille
06-24-2008, 05:41 PM

My short list

i think the trouble is that it depends on whether the list is "your personal favorite" or "best steelers of all-time". There's a huge difference. I could see Plax on a "personal favorite" list... but, not on a "best of all time" list. Putting him on a "best" list would be like adding Hardy Nickerson to a best list.

looks to me like the comments and actions aren't distinguishing between the two.

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 06:37 PM

The SB wins argument doesn't fly unless your prepared to say Trent Dilfer, Doug Washington, Jeff Hostetler were all better then Dan Marino. Football is team game.
No one player can win a SB. That is what makes football special.

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 06:50 PM

My short list

i think the trouble is that it depends on whether the list is "your personal favorite" or "best steelers of all-time". There's a huge difference. I could see Plax on a "personal favorite" list... but, not on a "best of all time" list. Putting him on a "best" list would be like adding Hardy Nickerson to a best list.

looks to me like the comments and actions aren't distinguishing between the two.

Let me clear that up. This list is my favorite top ten steelers of all time. And I am talking strictly on field stuff. . For example I'd much rather sit down and have dinner with Franco over Burress. But I would have Ben as the best all time player for the steelers as well. He is literally a one man gang.Franco is my only omission that I am regretting. He was like Edge james. I can remember him runnign down the sidelines and snatching a 20 yard pass right out of the air like it wa nothing. He was very versatile. But growing up you heard about Franco so much that I think I just started looking to other players.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-24-2008, 07:06 PM

The SB wins argument doesn't fly unless your prepared to say Trent Dilfer, Doug Washington, Jeff Hostetler were all better then Dan Marino. Football is team game.
Doug Williams... that's who I think you meant. :P

In the end, it's hard to guage, though... you have to factor the Super Bowls in...

Many already have Tom Brady ahead of Marino... statistically, he's nowhere near him.

Joe Montana would top my QB list... it's because he made clutch plays in clutch situations...

IMO, a better way to put it is "makes big plays on a big stage".

birtikidis
06-24-2008, 07:07 PM

but in my opinion we don't win 4 sb's with out terry. period. and look at how terry played in those sb's compared to other players. statistically he may not have had impressive seasons, but he also played when there were only 12 games in a season.

msm there are always exceptions to the rule. but consistently being the best in the league is what made terry a great ball player. Ben, tho i love him, is no where near the same league as terry.

and you can have marino over those other three. he was a much better qb, but i wouldn't put him in terry's class either. which puts ben behind marino imo.
hell i wouldn't put ben in the top 10 qb's of all time, but i would make an arguement for terry being in the top 3. and i would win.

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 07:17 PM

but in my opinion we don't win 4 sb's with out terry. period. and look at how terry played in those sb's compared to other players. statistically he may not have had impressive seasons, but he also played when there were only 12 games in a season.

msm there are always exceptions to the rule. but consistently being the best in the league is what made terry a great ball player. Ben, tho i love him, is no where near the same league as terry.

and you can have marino over those other three. he was a much better qb, but i wouldn't put him in terry's class either. which puts ben behind marino imo.
hell i wouldn't put ben in the top 10 qb's of all time, but i would make an arguement for terry being in the top 3. and i would win.

Terry was being benched in his 4th season. Ben just got done throwing 32 TD passes in his 4th. Ben set Rookie marks in almost every category. Ben owns the highest completion percentage of any Steeler QB. Highest yards per pass of any Steeler QB. Highest passer rating thru first 50 games of his career , 2nd to only Marino. Most 4th QTR comebacks of any QB in pro football last 4 years. 2nd highest 1st QTR passer rating of any QB in profootball last 4 years. Youngest QB to ever win SB. 2nd highest Road passer rating in playoff history. I could go on and on. Pretty darn consistent if you ask me.

birtikidis
06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
4 championships in 6 years
that is consistency that i'm looking for.

birtikidis
06-24-2008, 07:54 PM
2 time super bowl mvp
back to back

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 08:03 PM
2 time super bowl mvp
back to back

Doug Williams threw 5 TD passes in the 2nd QTR of a SB.

you can't use SB's to make your argument unless your willing to put the three QB;s I mentioned earlier ahead of MArino.

birtikidis
06-24-2008, 08:20 PM
you CAN use super bowls as a perimeter for how good a qb is. that IS a part of the game. it's the BIGGEST part of the game. was marino a better qb then the three you mentioned? sure was. BUT only because of the body of work he put together. it took him 16 years to be considered that great.
AND your arguement isn't valid. Marino DID play in a super bowl, even though he lost, he still played in it. and lost to the probably the best qb in the history of game.

Mr Smartmonies
06-24-2008, 09:11 PM
you CAN use super bowls as a perimeter for how good a qb is. that IS a part of the game. it's the BIGGEST part of the game. was marino a better qb then the three you mentioned? sure was. BUT only because of the body of work he put together. it took him 16 years to be considered that great.

No it didn't. Marino was considered great after he threw 48 TD passes in like his 2nd season.

You can't use SB wins to judge one player from the next. Its the worst argument that anyone ever tried to make. You can't tell me that Marino is better then the 3 QBs I mentioned , even though they all have Rings. But on the other hand tell me that Bradshaw is better because of his rings. You can't have it both ways.

I guess Bill Cartwright was waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then Patrick Ewing. After all he has THREE RINGS and Ewing has NONE. Silly argument.

Iron Shiek
06-24-2008, 09:37 PM

No it didn't. Marino was considered great after he threw 48 TD passes in like his 2nd season.

You can't use SB wins to judge one player from the next. Its the worst argument that anyone ever tried to make. You can't tell me that Marino is better then the 3 QBs I mentioned , even though they all have Rings. But on the other hand tell me that Bradshaw is better because of his rings. You can't have it both ways.

I guess Bill Cartwright was waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then Patrick Ewing. After all he has THREE RINGS and Ewing has NONE. Silly argument.

Ha no kidding. Robert Horry is the greatest basketball player in the history of the sport of basketball forever and ever til infinity....ha.

Yeah that is a very weak argument, outside of tennis and golf, you can't be "totally" judged by championships. It helps your case, but it can't be the only factor.

Shawn
06-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Talk about an over-reaction by Florio. Is this guy that oblivious to what went on back in the '70's? The use of steroids was rampant back then by many players for many reasons, so for him to sit behind his computer and cry cheating is at best irresponsible. Who knows what Bradshaw took, maybe it was Andro, or maybe it was some type of corticosteroid with a legitimate medical purpose (Shawn?). First, Florio pronounces Bradshaw dead and now he's a cheater...shut the F up dude.

I probably injected 15-20 joints last week with kenalog which is a steroid. Physicians use them all the time to decrease inflammation and to speed recovery time. It really does depend on what type of steroid Bradshaw is referring to...not to mention it was indeed legal. One more note...steroids can be wonderful things if they are not abused. It's the overuse and the overdosing that goes on that is unhealthy.

stlrz d
06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't see anyone using championships as the sole measuring stick for greatness...just part of the equation. Winning 4 championships in 6 years is no easy feat.

Shawn
06-24-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't see anyone using championships as the sole measuring stick for greatness...just part of the equation. Winning 4 championships in 6 years is no easy feat.

Agreed...it's something to consider. Discounting a SB win would be short sighted IMO. While it shouldn't be the sole source of determining greatness...it is most certainly a factor.

Question...Lets take a guy like Peyton Manning. Lets say he puts up his crazy numbers year in and year out but continued choking in the big games. Would he still be great? Thank goodness for him...he finally won his.

Another question...who would you rather have...the guy that can throw 50 TDs a season but collapses in big games or the guy who throws 24 TDs but shines when all the chips are on the table?

While using SBs as sole reflection of greatness...is short sighted...so is discounting the big games. You must take a look at the entire body of work.

proudpittsburgher
06-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Hate to say it, but TB should know that there is absolutely nothing good that can come of him admitting this regardless of whether or not they were prescribed. Here comes all the BS from all the fans of other teams now. :HeadBanger :roll:

I have to agree with you, and if Joe Montana, Troy Aikman or Roger Starbauch came out and said what Terry did, we would be all over them.

birtikidis
06-25-2008, 12:20 AM
SMG i agree with you whole heartedly. Terry was also pretty much the O coordinator when he played for the steelers. granted he had a great team around him which helped him win those super bowls...
but i'll tell you what it's those super bowl wins that in my mind make terry bradshaw a better football player than dan marino. even though terry didn't have the stats, he didn't screw up in the big game.
MSM says ben is the best qb the steelers ever had. so is ben ready for the Hall? did he earn an MVP in the super bowl. how well has he played in the "big" games. in my mind we nearly LOST our sb because of Ben.
now i love ben, but you can't put him over terry. that's absolutely ridiculous.
it's what pisses me off about lebron james. yes he is a good bball player but is the best ever? people like MSM would make you believe so.

birtikidis
06-25-2008, 12:22 AM

MSM in that same 2nd season, Dan marino got blown out in the biggest game of the year by a GREAT qb in the Super Bowl. what good were those 48 touchdowns then?

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2008, 07:35 AM
I probably injected 15-20 joints last week with kenalog which is a steroid.

This guy injected steroids into 15-20 joints per week too. :lol:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/7/A/arnold_joint.jpg

AngryAsian
06-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Its really hard to throw QB comparisons with players from different eras that span several decades. Peyton Manning will far and away will have the augmented statistics because the way the NFL has geared its rules over the past couple of seasons, it has reshaped the game to a pass-happy way of life... plus a major majority of QBs defer to OC's play calling. Bradshaw was our on-field OC and called his plays. The throwback players like Bradshaw and Staubach called their own plays which, IMO, has to garnish some consideration towards the measurement of his accomplishment at the position.

rpmpit
06-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, Terry was all geared up back in the day. If not for the 'roids and his massive physique, we probably wouldn't have won a single Lombardi :roll:

http://blog.sportscolumn.com/images/storyimages/terrybradshaw.jpg

BTW, I was looking for pics of a young TB and found this... :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeS1c8Nt ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeS1c8NtNy8&feature=related)

Mr Smartmonies
06-25-2008, 02:49 PM

MSM in that same 2nd season, Dan marino got blown out in the biggest game of the year by a GREAT qb in the Super Bowl. what good were those 48 touchdowns then?

You just have a Flawed argument. Your trying to use a couple games to make your point.
YOu mentioned you were born In 1979. I was able to see the latter part of Bradshaws career and the beginning of Marino's. Marino was the Best QB to ever come into the NFL. He carried weak teams year in and year out to the playoffs. He never had a defense. He never had a running game. Geez, Bradshaw had franco, stall worth and swann and all the time in the world to throw the football. Steelers of the 70's were a machine. You trying to make a case that one player is better than another based on their TEAMS accomplishments. Teams win Championships. A one dimensional offense will not win you a SB. ultimately it doesn't matter how good the QB is , he will eventually lose in the playoffs to the beter team. That might not happen until the SB. But it will happen at some point. And you might look back and see that the QB threw 2 or 3 picks and blame the loss squarely on him. But its often faulty. The best team generally wins. One man can't win a SB. Please stop using SB wins or SB performances to justify your argument. otherwise you have to use Doug Williams on Marino. And your not prepared to go there.
Ben is better than Bradshaw. He's more talented. He's a one man gang. Surround Ben with that incredible offensive lien they had in the 70's, give him Franco , stallworh and Swann and you can begin to check off the rings won on your checklist.

oh an by the way, you can listen to more of me at smartmoniesclub.com , just put your speakers on. :D

birtikidis
06-25-2008, 04:03 PM
but if i listen to your radio show how can i debate with you!?!
i wouldn't put ben in the hall yet. he may BECOME the greatest qb in steelers history, but he's far from it now. though, i think he's the second best that we've had in the modern era he still has a ways to go.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Is this really such a surprise? Like many people said from experience, prescriptions are given for steroids for many injuries. If steroids of any form were not against the rules today they still would be prescribed. It has been rumored FOREVER that many football players in that era took steroids for a competitive advantage including the Steelers. We would all be surprised how many players and their names took steroids to heal more rapidly. At that time, it was nothing more than therapy in those situations. No big surprise...Just look at Terry! He wasn't "Juicin" for a competitive advantage! The biggest factor is it wasn't against the rules. You can't shake your finger at one person because decades later it is deemed dangerous and cheating! Shame on one...Shame on all!!! If Terry Bradshaw tells me he took prescribed steroids to heal injuries so he could continue to play in the 1970's...I would just say, "Those were the days!"

"4-TIME" TERRY STEELER NATION!