PDA

View Full Version : Must See!: Switch hitter v Switch pitcher...

NKySteeler
06-21-2008, 11:34 PM
This was from a minor league game... When the batter stepped in, the pitcher switched hands... The batter then switched sides, and the pitcher switched back.... This went back and forth a bit...

I do not recall ever seeing a pitcher that was able to switch hands and be effective...

[youtube:sb1ndc9t]DUv2TgueT9w&hl[/youtube:sb1ndc9t]

Shawn
06-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Yea..what is the rule on that? Who gets to switch last?

NKySteeler
06-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Yea..what is the rule on that? Who gets to switch last?

From what I gathered, the umpire finally called "uncle" and made them stick to one side or the other.... It wasn't really clear as to who got the last shot at it, but I'm thinking it may have been the pitcher... The batter kept changing his shin plate, and would have to address the plate, which would have given the pitcher the advantage. But I really don't know.

Shawn
06-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Forgive me...I played varsity baseball through HS and never used a shin plate. What the? I know those guys throw a hard pitch but I think in that situation he might want to scrap the shin guard.

frankthetank1
06-25-2008, 11:01 AM
This was from a minor league game... When the batter stepped in, the pitcher switched hands... The batter then switched sides, and the pitcher switched back.... This went back and forth a bit...

I do not recall ever seeing a pitcher that was able to switch hands and be effective...

[youtube:1oobcqkh]DUv2TgueT9w&hl[/youtube:1oobcqkh]

greg harris was the only other pitcher i remember that could pitch with either hand and be good at it. he played for the red sox and expos. i know after two strikes a batter cannot switch sides. im not sure if there is any rule for a pitcher though