PDA

View Full Version : scumbag rod woodson

steelcityrules!!
06-19-2008, 08:03 PM
just picked the stains as the team to beat in the AFC north...

:wft

every broadcast on the NFL network with him on it distances him from the black and gold, he'd rather blather over jon ogden than give the stillers some love.

(please note, this poster hasn't seen very much of the NFL network lately and is basing his comments on a single broadcast)

NKySteeler
06-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, the Browns really are the "flavor of the month" in the AFC North... I personally don't think that Anderson will be able to duplicate his effort of last year. But they made some decent pick-ups, and have some quality on thier O-line and elsewhere. ... I think thier defense is suspect, but only time will tell.

I can't really fault Woodson for his Baltimore tendencies... He was there for a while and his days in Pittsburgh are further in the past. That said, he has been not much more than any other "talking head" to me in recent years....

BTW, I haven't viewed that channel much lately either... Unfortunately, I did tune into it on Monday evening and they were re-airing our defeat to N.E. from last year... :?

SteelHoss
06-19-2008, 08:39 PM
I did'nt see the report. I have mixed feelings on this. Rod is one of my favorite all time Steelers. Did he retire as a Steeler? He still made his home here in Cranberry Township up until a year or two ago I believe. He moved when he got his new job. By all accounts I heard he was reluctant to leave. If it was a commentary and IF thats the way he sees it then thats the way he's supposed to report it. :|

mshifko
06-19-2008, 08:46 PM
everyone is all over the browns this year...i hope they fall flat on their face. we are still the team to beat IMO though...we always have a target on our backs, just because of who we are...

buckeyehoppy
06-19-2008, 08:48 PM
The Breveland Clowns...Lords of the Off-Season...Believe it!!! :brownssuck

RuthlessBurgher
06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Rod is not a scumbag. He just knows that the Steelers tend to falter when they have high expectations heaped upon them (see: AFC Championship games, Home) and tend to play over their heads with a chip on their shoulder when people count them out (see: 6th seed, Away). He's just putting another motivational log on the fire to help the Steelers this season.

Shawn
06-19-2008, 10:29 PM
The Browns have a very good offense. Their D...I'll believe it's better when I see it. The problem? It's the Browns...and we all know that if the Browns can figure a way to screw something up...they will.

Ozey74
06-19-2008, 10:51 PM
It's going to be hard to win the division when they start out 0-2 (Dallas, Pitt) and we start out 2-0 (Houston, Clev.). And SMG is right: The Browns will find a way to F it up.

:brownssuck

I do not fault Woodson. He is entitled to his opinion even his opinion dumb. He may just be doing this :stirpot

LasVegasGuy
06-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Way to go Rod. This team played loose last year because nobody expected crap from them. Now that they had decent year the pressure is squarely on them and they won't be sneaking up on anybody this year. With that said they will probably finish below .500 and Oreo Crennel will be fired. He will head back to New England and Cowher will take over the Brownies.

Flasteel
06-20-2008, 12:50 AM
In all fairness to Woodson, he constantly talks about "once a Steeler, always a Steeler" on the NFLN and does justice to the nation.

Scumbag?? C'mon.

BIG FAN
06-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Future HoF STEELER.
scumbag?
NEVER.

AngryAsian
06-20-2008, 03:39 AM
The man is trying to feed his family, by showing he can be objective. The stains are indeed the flavor of the month. I hope they really do build them up... the schedule points to this fact. I'm okay with that, it will be more gratifying to see them underwhelm, as usual. They have no secondary and as good as their offense is, I'm not buying.... IMO, Lewis will have a down year.... either by injury or by just poor production. Its been the main crux of his career... peaks and valleys. He had his peak last year.

Rod isn't a scumbag. He'll be another HOF wearing Black and Gold.

BIG FAN
06-20-2008, 03:55 AM
The man is trying to feed his family, by showing he can be objective. The stains are indeed the flavor of the month. I hope they really do build them up... the schedule points to this fact. I'm okay with that, it will be more gratifying to see them underwhelm, as usual. They have no secondary and as good as their offense is, I'm not buying.... IMO, Lewis will have a down year.... either by injury or by just poor production. Its been the main crux of his career... peaks and valleys. He had his peak last year.

Rod isn't a scumbag. He'll be another HOF wearing Black and Gold.

Abso-f-in lutely!
Bet he changes his tune like 05' and makes somebody else wear a B&G jersey WITH his # on it.

BURGH86STEEL
06-20-2008, 07:17 AM
I can understand Rod's pick. The division could come down to a game or two and the Browns do have a slightly weaker schedule than we do.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-20-2008, 07:47 AM
I could never put "Scumbag" and Rod in the same sentence. Rod consistently gives the Steelers love. Rod is Steeler-For-Life!

us_steelinfrance
06-20-2008, 08:09 AM
I agree with the majority. Rod will always be a Steeler, but his job is to be objective. On paper, the Browns look good. In reality, they will fold. On paper, there are worries for the Steelers. In reality, our guys will pull through and prevail.

You know the off-the-air Rod is rooting for the B&G.

RuthlessBurgher
06-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I could never put "Scumbag" and Rod in the same sentence. Rod consistently gives the Steelers love. Rod is Steeler-For-Life!

Rod is SFL? Then who the hell is DVSONE? :lol:

Oviedo
06-20-2008, 10:19 AM
It doesn't matter what Rod Woodson or any other talking head says in June. All that matters is what players do starting in Spetember and I think our will win the AFC North. I agree with others that I think the Browns will take a step back, but don't kid ourselves we don't have much of a margin for error. We have to bring it every week this season.

The Steelers will win the AFC North with a record of 10-6. The key is that we have to be at least 4-2 in the Division. If we do that we can be 6-4 in the remaining tough games we have on the schedule. That is very doable barring a series of key injuries.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-20-2008, 11:30 AM
I didn't think the team would win the division last year... that didn't mean i was rooting against them. He's ALWAYS rooting for the Steelers, too.

Do these people want him to ALWAYS say STEELERS the best and lost his job???

:nono

He's gotta be a reporter, too, ya know... talk about those other 31 teams occasionally.

proudpittsburgher
06-20-2008, 11:33 AM
ditto on all the rod love. Let the man do his job, but deep down, you know he is a Pittsburgh Steeler.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-20-2008, 12:27 PM

Rod is SFL? Then who the hell is DVSONE? :lol:

That's Funny...I knew that would come up after I saw my post!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I didn't think the team would win the division last year... that didn't mean i was rooting against them. He's ALWAYS rooting for the Steelers, too.

He's gotta be a reporter, too, ya know... talk about those other 31 teams occasionally.

I think he is pretty fair. He sometimes is a little "Pro Steeler" but I love it! He did say on one show that the Browns made SOME strides this off season...but the Steelers have new weapons from the draft. He said the Browns were the flavor of the month and probably the favorite. He did follow all of that by saying...BUT UNTIL THEY PROVE THEY COULD BEAT THE STEELERS DON'T COUNT THEM (THE STEELERS) OUT! Some "Steeler Luv" after he is a reporter! Rod & Hoge always give us LUV!!!

steeld95
06-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Rod is a Steeler all time great. I don't understand how a steeler fan can call him a scumbag. If he constantly picked the Steelers to win everything all the time, he would have no credibility in his job. When it comes down to it, he is a true Steeler and I have no doubts who he wants to win the division...

SteelerOfDeVille
06-20-2008, 02:09 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":7bxdkvn2]I could never put "Scumbag" and Rod in the same sentence. Rod consistently gives the Steelers love. Rod is Steeler-For-Life!

I think he is pretty fair. He sometimes is a little "Pro Steeler" but I love it! He did say on one show that the Browns made SOME strides this off season...but the Steelers have new weapons from the draft. He said the Browns were the flavor of the month and probably the favorite. He did follow all of that by saying...BUT UNTIL THEY PROVE THEY COULD BEAT THE STEELERS DON'T COUNT THEM (THE STEELERS) OUT! Some "Steeler Luv" after he is a reporter! Rod & Hoge always give us LUV!!![/quote:7bxdkvn2]
exactly!

birtikidis
06-20-2008, 03:22 PM
every time i see NFLN and woodson is on it. i hear him say ".... and my steelers" he's as big of a homer as anyone when it comes to the steelers.

steelcityrules!!
06-20-2008, 05:15 PM
ok ok ok... I don't think rod's a scumbag.
I have to admit, I was doing a little of this :stirpot

sorry, I do love rod.
wait, that sounds a bit gay.

damnit!

06-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Rod Woodson is one of my favorite Steelers of all-time. Hearing him called a scum bag is almost as hard as seeing him wear a Ravens jersey.

:ratsuck