PDA

View Full Version : Weeds on Showtime

stlrz d
06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Anyone else catch the premiere? Albert Brooks was priceless! Best line from last night:

You're sitting in my mother's living room eating German food and smelling like gas? She was in Auschwitz for Christ's sake! What kind of a monster are you???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Anyone else catch the premiere? Albert Brooks was priceless! Best line from last night:

You're sitting in my mother's living room eating German food and smelling like gas? She was in Auschwitz for Christ's sake! What kind of a monster are you???

Never saw Weeds. I like Dexter on Showtime, though. That should start up again in the fall.

Shawn
06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I like to run through these shows on Netflix. I haven't gotten to the Weeds yet. I did think the Sopranos was way overrated though.

stlrz d
06-18-2008, 02:02 PM

Never saw Weeds. I like Dexter on Showtime, though. That should start up again in the fall.

I love Dexter, but I'm tellin' you to check out Weeds...very funny and well written show!

stlrz d
06-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I like to run through these shows on Netflix. I haven't gotten to the Weeds yet. I did think the Sopranos was way overrated though.

I never cared for the Sopranos.

Snatch98
06-18-2008, 02:41 PM
*shakes head* at the Soprano's haters. Granted it slowed down a bit as the seasons moved on but I still thought it was a great show. I miss watching it.

Shows worth noting:

Lost
Weeds
Entourage
Rescue Me
Nip/Tuck
Big Love

I'm sure their are other great shows, I just don't watch em.

Shawn
06-18-2008, 03:01 PM
I stopped watching Nip/Tuck when the mother and son were getting it on. :shock:

RuthlessBurgher
06-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Having never done a drug stronger than Tylenol, I was just never interested in shows that seemingly revolve around various aspects of drug culture like Weeds or the Wire.

calmkiller
06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
My girlfriend got me into this show. Very good actually. I have never done a drug in my life but it is a good show to watch. We are actually getting ready to watch it tonight. I suggest you give it a view.

stlrz d
06-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Having never done a drug stronger than Tylenol, I was just never interested in shows that seemingly revolve around various aspects of drug culture like Weeds or the Wire.

I think you'd be surprised at how well written the show is and what it's really all about.

Same with the Wire...outstanding show. More about how the politicians and drug dealers play the same games but with different stakes.

Shawn
06-23-2008, 10:55 PM

So basically, I guess you are saying Stlrzd and Snatch are crackheads. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-24-2008, 12:06 PM

Regardless of what TV shows they choose to watch, I think most of us that have read their post regularly could have figured that out! :lol: :stirpot

Shawn
06-24-2008, 02:06 PM

Regardless of what TV shows they choose to watch, I think most of us that have read their post regularly could have figured that out! :lol: :stirpot

You do have a point. :lol:

frankthetank1
06-24-2008, 05:39 PM

i dont think you can say its overrated. it was well done and very authentic. i can understand a person not caring for the show, but overrated?

stlrz d
06-24-2008, 06:27 PM

You do have a point. :lol:

Hey! :x

Shawn
06-24-2008, 09:46 PM

i dont think you can say its overrated. it was well done and very authentic. i can understand a person not caring for the show, but overrated?

Would whack (pun intended) be better?

:P

frankthetank1
06-25-2008, 08:17 AM

Would whack (pun intended) be better?

:P

haha much better :lol: :lol: