PDA

View Full Version : Keyaron Fox??

Ozey74
06-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Another reason why I'm looking forward to training camp is because I want to see what this guy can do. IMO this guy has gone overlooked since we signed him & I think that is due to the big names we have drafted. This guy has been in the league for 5 years (like Farrior was before he came to the Steelers). Perhaps this guy can increase his production once Lebeau get his hands on him.

BURGH86STEEL
06-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I do believe he was signed for his special team's play.

Steel Life
06-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Another reason why I'm looking forward to training camp is because I want to see what this guy can do. IMO this guy has gone overlooked since we signed him & I think that is due to the big names we have drafted. This guy has been in the league for 5 years (like Farrior was before he came to the Steelers). Perhaps this guy can increase his production once Lebeau get his hands on him.

Don't you think comparing Fox to Farrior is a little premature?

Farrior was a 1st-round pick & a rising star....Fox was signed to improve special teams - let's not get carried away. I'm not saying that Fox can't be the second coming of Silverback, but let's see them in action first.

Ozey74
06-17-2008, 10:18 PM

Don't you think comparing Fox to Farrior is a little premature?

Farrior was a 1st-round pick & a rising star....Fox was signed to improve special teams - let's not get carried away. I'm not saying that Fox can't be the second coming of Silverback, but let's see them in action first.

I wasn't comparing them at all. Just pointing out the fact that they've both been in the league for 5 years before joining the Steelers. Farrior has made a name for himself in the Black and Gold & it would be cool if Fox could do the same. :D

See in my last post that I had the word "perhaps".

phillyesq
06-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I think that the hope is that Fox will develop into a more athletic Clint Kriewaldt. I believe that he was going to be used inside in the base defense, which will put him behind Farrior, Foote and Timmons. Ideally, he'll never see the field in the base D -- I think that a lot of people would have to get hurt before that happens.

He was signed for the vet minimum, so if he can provide good special teams play and solid depth in the unlikely and unfortunate event that he has to take the field, I'll be happy with that.

SteelerNation1
06-17-2008, 10:45 PM
I think that the hope is that Fox will develop into a more athletic Clint Kriewaldt. I believe that he was going to be used inside in the base defense, which will put him behind Farrior, Foote and Timmons. Ideally, he'll never see the field in the base D -- I think that a lot of people would have to get hurt before that happens.

He was signed for the vet minimum, so if he can provide good special teams play and solid depth in the unlikely and unfortunate event that he has to take the field, I'll be happy with that.
Great post Philly. Fox better be special on special teams. If he says regular playing time that means we have had major injuries at LB

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
06-19-2008, 09:09 AM

Great post Philly. Fox better be special on special teams. If he says regular playing time that means we have had major injuries at LB

Or we have such a big lead going into the fourth and he gets some mop up time. :D