PDA

View Full Version : Burress part of the axis of evil?

fordfixer
06-12-2008, 11:59 PM
O'Hara Identifies Plaxico Burress as Part of the Axis of Evil
Posted Jun 12th 2008 7:12PM by Ryan Wilson
Filed under: NY Giants, NFC East
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/ ... of-e/#cont (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/12/shaun-ohara-identifies-plaxico-burress-as-part-of-the-axis-of-e/#cont)

Yesterday Plaxico Burress announced his intentions to show up for practice but not participate until he gets a new deal. In 2005, he signed a six-year, $25 million deal, and three years later, I think it's fair to say he's outplayed it. Whether that means the Giants are interested in renegotiating is altogether different.

While the to two sides work out their differences, Burress' teammate, center Shaun O'Hara, offered his thoughts on the situation:
O'Hara criticized receiver Plaxico Burress on Thursday for refusing to practice until he gets a new contract and reminded teammates that the Giants won their third Super Bowl by sticking together as a team when things got tough last season.

"Either you are with us or you are against us," O'Hara said between practices. "And I think the players are doing a good job of focusing in on their daily tasks and their jobs, and as long as we all continue to do that, this team will succeed."
I can't disagree with the sentiment, but the last time a public figure gave the "either you are with us or you are against us" speech, everything went to hell. Whatever, Burress doesn't like how the Giants do business, and that has everything to do with the stance he's taking:
"We tried to handle it with class, keep it as quiet as we can. I guess you got to start somewhere ... I just feel it's about doing what's right. That's the way I see it. I haven't been happy with the way it's been going. That's the reason I'm not participating."
Burress' impassioned plea does not impress O'Hara, however:
"I guess my feeling is it is a disservice to all the other guys out there working hard, and doing their jobs to focus on the negative," O'Hara said in a comment that seemed to criticize both his teammate and the media. "Sometimes we expect that, but there are a lot of guys out there doing good things every day. We have a lot of young guys getting a lot of good reps. That should be the focus."
I suspect this will all work itself out by the time the regular season rolls around. There's no way Burress is sitting out the year. And just because he's currently not practicing shouldn't be all that disconcerting; he didn't practice at all last season and he made out okay.

AngryAsian
06-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Burress is selfishness personified.... he probably uses his ribbed condoms inside out... for his pleasure. :roll:

Shawn
06-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Burress is selfishness personified.... he probably uses his ribbed condoms inside out... for his pleasure. :roll:

Does that actually work????

Hmmm.

AngryAsian
06-13-2008, 11:24 AM

Hmmm.

I don't know.... I'm not selfish. 3 to 1 ratio, brother. I don't go unless the old lady goes 3 times first. That's just how I roll. :P

blacknblue80s
06-13-2008, 11:28 AM

Hmmm.

I don't know.... I'm not selfish. 3 to 1 ratio, brother. I don't go unless the old lady goes 3 times first. That's just how I roll. :P
Selfish beast!! I don't go until the wife has gone at least 6 times first.
:o

AngryAsian
06-13-2008, 11:38 AM

Hmmm.

Wow! 6 times.... I'm impressed. No disrespect, but your Mrs. must be on that female enhancement pill.... Niagra. :lol:

blacknblue80s
06-13-2008, 11:51 AM

Hmmm.

Wow! 6 times.... I'm impressed. No disrespect, but your Mrs. must be on that female enhancement pill.... Niagra. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darned speed reading... we were talking about GOING grocery shopping for ribs right?

RuthlessBurgher
06-13-2008, 12:07 PM

Reminds me of the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode in which Larry uses a condom with a numbing agent that is supposed to make him last longer, but he wears it inside out by mistake, and Cheryl gets numbed up instead. Great show.

MeetJoeGreene
06-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Hmmm.

Is that some kind of Ancient Oriental Trick? Can you teach us O great one?? :Boobs

Mr Smartmonies
06-13-2008, 02:32 PM
O'Hara Identifies Plaxico Burress as Part of the Axis of Evil
Posted Jun 12th 2008 7:12PM by Ryan Wilson
Filed under: NY Giants, NFC East
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/ ... of-e/#cont (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/12/shaun-ohara-identifies-plaxico-burress-as-part-of-the-axis-of-e/#cont)

Yesterday Plaxico Burress announced his intentions to show up for practice but not participate until he gets a new deal. In 2005, he signed a six-year, $25 million deal, and three years later, I think it's fair to say he's outplayed it. Whether that means the Giants are interested in renegotiating is altogether different.

While the to two sides work out their differences, Burress' teammate, center Shaun O'Hara, offered his thoughts on the situation:
O'Hara criticized receiver Plaxico Burress on Thursday for refusing to practice until he gets a new contract and reminded teammates that the Giants won their third Super Bowl by sticking together as a team when things got tough last season.

"Either you are with us or you are against us," O'Hara said between practices. "And I think the players are doing a good job of focusing in on their daily tasks and their jobs, and as long as we all continue to do that, this team will succeed."
I can't disagree with the sentiment, but the last time a public figure gave the "either you are with us or you are against us" speech, everything went to hell. Whatever, Burress doesn't like how the Giants do business, and that has everything to do with the stance he's taking:
"We tried to handle it with class, keep it as quiet as we can. I guess you got to start somewhere ... I just feel it's about doing what's right. That's the way I see it. I haven't been happy with the way it's been going. That's the reason I'm not participating."
Burress' impassioned plea does not impress O'Hara, however:
"I guess my feeling is it is a disservice to all the other guys out there working hard, and doing their jobs to focus on the negative," O'Hara said in a comment that seemed to criticize both his teammate and the media. "Sometimes we expect that, but there are a lot of guys out there doing good things every day. We have a lot of young guys getting a lot of good reps. That should be the focus."
I suspect this will all work itself out by the time the regular season rolls around. There's no way Burress is sitting out the year. And just because he's currently not practicing shouldn't be all that disconcerting; he didn't practice at all last season and he made out okay.

Lets see what Sean O 'h ara says in the fall when his offensive line is seeing 9 man fronts because their isn't a Burress on the outside opening up things for everyone else. :HeadBanger