PDA

View Full Version : Surprise on DL

Oviedo
06-12-2008, 10:37 AM
We have a habit of finding some gems in UDFA. Wouldn't this one be nice? Qucik blurb from article.

"Under his wing

Undrafted rookie defensive lineman Kyle Clement has been working with the second-team and Wednesday got some extra coaching from a good source Aaron Smith.

Smith worked with the rookie for about 15 minutes after practice on hand placement and coming strong out of his stance.

Clement, from Division II school Northwood, is a player to watch when training camp begins."

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
06-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Any guy who can unseat Eason/Kirschke is alright with me. :D

Shawn
06-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Agreed.

rpmpit
06-12-2008, 12:16 PM

Did I ever tell you guys that I met Eason's cousin?? 8)

RuthlessBurgher
06-12-2008, 12:25 PM

I don't think that the team will go with 2 young unproven guys to back up Smith and Keisel, so I expect Kirschke to stick. If McBean can't beat out Eason for the other spot, though, something is wrong. I think this Clement kid sounds like an interesting practice squad possibility, giving him a redshirt year to adjust to the speed of the NFL coming from that football factory Northwood.

SteelerNation1
06-12-2008, 12:26 PM

I don't think that the team will go with 2 young unproven guys to back up Smith and Keisel, so I expect Kirschke to stick. If McBean can't beat out Eason for the other spot, though, something is wrong. I think this Clement kid sounds like an interesting practice squad possibility, giving him a redshirt year to adjust to the speed of the NFL coming from that football factory Northwood.
I think one, maybe two UDFA DL make this team this year.

Oviedo
06-12-2008, 12:51 PM

I think one, maybe two UDFA DL make this team this year.

Isn't Paxson still on the roster too. He has been hanging around for a couple of years.

BURGH86STEEL
06-12-2008, 06:09 PM

I agree, it would help to get some depth from an unlikely player.