PDA

View Full Version : You know it's the offseason when........

LasVegasGuy
06-10-2008, 05:25 PM
I am thanking McDonalds for coming out with the Southern Style chicken sandwich. I grew up on Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and now I live in a state that doesn't even have Chick-Fil-A restaurants. No more waiting to go back east to grab my favorite sandwich now I can just go right up the street. It's not the original but pretty dang close, thanks Mickey D's.

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Ozey74
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I am thanking McDonalds for coming out with the Southern Style chicken sandwich. I grew up on Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and now I live in a state that doesn't even have Chick-Fil-A restaurants. No more waiting to go back east to grab my favorite sandwich now I can just go right up the street. It's not the original but pretty dang close, thanks Mickey D's.

The McDonald's where I live had a voucher in the Sunday paper for 1 free breakfast chicken sandwich a few weeks ago. I took advantage of this on my way to work the following day & I was pleased!!!

LasVegasGuy
06-10-2008, 05:54 PM

The McDonald's where I live had a voucher in the Sunday paper for 1 free breakfast chicken sandwich a few weeks ago. I took advantage of this on my way to work the following day & I was pleased!!!

I was wondering if anyone was in the same dilemna I was in. Loved Chick-Fil-A sandwiches growing up but couldn't get them anymore because of where they lived.

McDonalds has come up with a true alternative plus you can get them on Sundays.

What was the "Breakfast sandwich?" Chicken for breakfast?

Ozey74
06-10-2008, 06:01 PM

I was wondering if anyone was in the same dilemna I was in. Loved Chick-Fil-A sandwiches growing up but couldn't get them anymore because of where they lived.

Yes it was & it wasn't as bad as you might think. It was on a biscut w/out the egg. Do you know if they offer this at the McDonalds where you are? I highly recommend trying it.

LasVegasGuy
06-10-2008, 06:14 PM

Yes it was & it wasn't as bad as you might think. It was on a biscut w/out the egg. Do you know if they offer this at the McDonalds where you are? I highly recommend trying it.

Hmmm! I usually don't hit McDonalds for breakfast since I don't feel like eating until about lunch time. My guess it's probably available here too since Vegas is a pretty big market with customers visiting from all over the world.

Jigawatts
06-10-2008, 06:21 PM

I feel ya bro. I love the Chick-Fil-A, but rarely get a chance to go to one. There's
2 within about 2 miles of each other, but on the side of town I don't go to very much.
If I do have to go out that way for something, you're damn sure I'm stopping at
Chick-Fil-A for a #3.

Other than those two that are about 15-20 miles away, I coudn't tell you where the
next closest is. I know, 15-20 miles away isn't as bad as your situation, but I wish
there was one closer.

Thanks a lot dude, I could really go for some waffle fries now. :x :P

RuthlessBurgher
06-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I've never even seen a Chick-Fil-A. My only knowledge that the company even existed is the stupid Peach Bowl endorsement. Also, I've never seen a Sonic, even though those commercials are on TV constantly.

AngryAsian
06-10-2008, 07:10 PM
I concur with the Chick Filet sentiments, but make no mistakes about it the best fast food sandwich on the market is McDonald's Double Filet-O-Fish. The love boys and girls, :tt2

LasVegasGuy
06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I concur with the Chick Filet sentiments, but make no mistakes about it the best fast food sandwich on the market is McDonald's Double Filet-O-Fish. The love boys and girls, :tt2

Do they cook the fish, Asian? A double filet-o-fish? I don't know if I have seen that on the menu.

It might be time to kill this thread, it's probably pissing alot of people off with us talking about food and not the Steelers.

Ozey74
06-10-2008, 07:23 PM

Do they cook the fish, Asian? A double filet-o-fish? I don't know if I have seen that on the menu.

It might be time to kill this thread, it's probably pissing alot of people off with us talking about food and not the Steelers.

Your right. Maybe this can be continued in the General Discussion area???

LasVegasGuy
06-10-2008, 07:31 PM

How do you delete a post????? I was basically clowning around with this one.

stlrz d
06-10-2008, 07:37 PM
A mod should be able to move it.

I agree with the sammich though...I had Chik Fil A when I was living in MD and the McD's sammich is not bad at all!

Ozey74
06-10-2008, 07:40 PM

Not sure? Maybe contact the mod.

I was telling my father in-law today that for me this is the longest time of the offseason. The hype leading up to the draft & the draft itself is something I always look foward to. But, now that the post draft hype w/the draft picks has subsided it seems like a looooooonnnnnngggggg wait till camp opens up.

Steelworth
06-10-2008, 07:50 PM
You know it's the offseason when I was thinking of a new "favorites" thread to post in the general discussion forum. Favorite swimsuit model? Favorite female body part?

:D :tt2

Ozey74
06-10-2008, 08:01 PM
You know it's the offseason when I was thinking of a new "favorites" thread to post in the general discussion forum. Favorite swimsuit model? Favorite female body part?

:D :tt2

True!! In a few more weeks, we will be so bored I wouldn't be surprised to see Least Favorite model or Least Favorite Female Body Part!!! :lol:

Steelworth
06-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Least favorite swimsuit model. :lol: I have a feeling that thread would still get a lot of looks.

Man, this offseason has been brutal.

Flasteel
06-10-2008, 08:25 PM

Clowning?? Nice pun LVG...

http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/McGansta.jpg

:Boobs

LasVegasGuy
06-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Clowning?? Nice pun LVG...

http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/userpics/McGansta.jpg

:Boobs

Dude, I totally missed that.

AngryAsian
06-10-2008, 10:40 PM

They have the Double Filet-O-Fish here in Florida. I have a special affinity for the Filet-O-Fish, because 36 years ago when I was a mini asian and fresh off the boat. My dad and brother and I drove in a Winnebago from San Francisco to Vegas.... not even 2 months in the country. We stopped by a McDonalds and my dad ordered me my first Fast Food sandwhich with fries and a coke... can still smell the fries. To date, my favorite FF offering by MickeyDs.

LasVegasGuy
06-11-2008, 04:09 PM

They have the Double Filet-O-Fish here in Florida. I have a special affinity for the Filet-O-Fish, because 36 years ago when I was a mini asian and fresh off the boat. My dad and brother and I drove in a Winnebago from San Francisco to Vegas.... not even 2 months in the country. We stopped by a McDonalds and my dad ordered me my first Fast Food sandwhich with fries and a coke... can still smell the fries. To date, my favorite FF offering by MickeyDs.

Mini Asian :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to grab another sandwich today at lunch and I looked for a double-filet of fish and it was not there just a single. I guess when you live close to the water Mickey D's can get away with double filet of fish sandwiches when you live in the desert a single filet of fish is all you can get.

AngryAsian
06-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Mini Asian :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to grab another sandwich today at lunch and I looked for a double-filet of fish and it was not there just a single. I guess when you live close to the water Mickey D's can get away with double filet of fish sandwiches when you live in the desert a single filet of fish is all you can get.

It was a limited time offer on the Double a few years back, and every drive thru you go to down here, just ask for one and they'll make it to order. I'm tellin' you brother its awesome and since they have to make it to order, you know it will be fresh. The only thing is that the Filet-O-Fish is noted to have the highest fat and cholesterol of any of the fast food sandwiches.... and you're doubling it. Soon it will be offered with a coupon for bypass heart surgery. :lol:

Les 74
06-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I've never even seen a Chick-Fil-A. My only knowledge that the company even existed is the stupid Peach Bowl endorsement. Also, I've never seen a Sonic, even though those commercials are on TV constantly.

There aren't any Chick-Fil-A's were you are,RB???There are 4 within 5 miles of me and we don't live that far apart from one another.Makes you wonder.And the closest Sonic that I know of is in Lancaster.I've never eaten there,though.

BIG FAN
06-12-2008, 03:07 PM
You know it's the off season when some of the inane banter on the NFLC stars sounding good.
(While your eating a chicken sammich.)

You know it's the off season when bungles, ratturd and stains fans actually think they will win it all.
(This is the time to eat the fish sammich.)