PDA

View Full Version : If anyone would like to try

stlrz d
06-09-2008, 10:37 PM
PhotoDraw I have uploaded it to an FTP site. PM me with your email address and I'll share the file with you, along with instructions on what to do to install it properly once you have it.

In order to download PhotoDraw you'll have to become a member of drivehq, but it's free.

If I can learn to use this program then anyone can!

kennyes
06-10-2008, 02:43 AM
PhotoDraw I have uploaded it to an FTP site. PM me with your email address and I'll share the file with you, along with instructions on what to do to install it properly once you have it.

In order to download PhotoDraw you'll have to become a member of drivehq, but it's free.

If I can learn to use this program then anyone can!

Is it a photoshop wannabe type thing?

kennyes
06-10-2008, 04:14 AM
Oh, that and please forgive my stupidity...

stlrz d
06-10-2008, 07:55 AM
It's light years away from photoshop...on the simple to use side that is!

Like I said, if I can figure it out anyone can! Not only can you do stuff for the photoshop contests, you can use it to make avatars, animated gifs, etc...it's a very easy to use program with a lot of functionality.

PM me if you want it and it's yours!

stlrz d
06-10-2008, 07:29 PM
3 invites were just sent. Once you sign up for the free driveHQ account you're able to access the file. It is 29mb so it will take awhile to download. Please DO NOT delete anything!!! Thank you!

Once you have it downloaded it will open with winzip or winrar. First run the setup.exe to install. After it's installed run the patch.exe. The patch ensures that the program will not expire after 30 days.

If you follow those instructions it's easy as pie.

Anyone else who wants it...just PM an email addy and I'll send you an invite too!

MeetJoeGreene
06-10-2008, 10:28 PM
3 invites were just sent. Once you sign up for the free driveHQ account you're able to access the file. It is 29mb so it will take awhile to download. Please DO NOT delete anything!!! Thank you!

Once you have it downloaded it will open with winzip or winrar. First run the setup.exe to install. After it's installed run the patch.exe. The patch ensures that the program will not expire after 30 days.

Anyone else who wants it...just PM an email addy and I'll send you an invite too!

Did you fix your problem with Office 2007? Or uninstall it?

stlrz d
06-10-2008, 10:40 PM

I have unistalled 2007 from my PC and PhotoDraw works fine. I am working on finding a suitable replacement for Outlook on the web (I hate Thunderbird and Eudora so no one bother to suggest them please) and once I do I will completely ditch MS Office on my laptop. openoffice.org has free programs that are completely compatible with the latest version of MS Office...and they're constantly being updated. They look very similar to Word, Excel and PowerPoint and do the same things...plus they are compatible! As a matter of fact, I would suggest that anyone stuck with an old version of MS Office go to openoffice.org and get the latest and greatest for free! I'll miss the look of Outlook, but my MS Office is bundled so I can't keep Outlook and ditch the rest.

I'm checking into Evolution email client, which was originally developed for Linux users. There is a Windows version now but I seem to be having troubles installing it. Hopefully I'll get it working soon though...it will be nice to have PhotoDraw working on my laptop too!

MeetJoeGreene
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
[quote="stlrz d":30tkn6yr]3 invites were just sent. Once you sign up for the free driveHQ account you're able to access the file. It is 29mb so it will take awhile to download. Please DO NOT delete anything!!! Thank you!

I have unistalled 2007 from my PC and PhotoDraw works fine. I am working on finding a suitable replacement for Outlook on the web (I hate Thunderbird and Eudora so no one bother to suggest them please) and once I do I will completely ditch MS Office on my laptop. openoffice.org has free programs that are completely compatible with the latest version of MS Office...and they're constantly being updated. They look very similar to Word, Excel and PowerPoint and do the same things...plus they are compatible! As a matter of fact, I would suggest that anyone stuck with an old version of MS Office go to openoffice.org and get the latest and greatest for free! I'll miss the look of Outlook, but my MS Office is bundled so I can't keep Outlook and ditch the rest.

I'm checking into Evolution email client, which was originally developed for Linux users. There is a Windows version now but I seem to be having troubles installing it. Hopefully I'll get it working soon though...it will be nice to have PhotoDraw working on my laptop too![/quote:30tkn6yr]

I use open office at home and it is fine.

I also use Thunderbird -- and like it, but I have number of different plug-ins installed (calendar, and an outlook-like skin/UI) that make it more functional and friendly.

stlrz d
06-10-2008, 11:54 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3muzah61]3 invites were just sent. Once you sign up for the free driveHQ account you're able to access the file. It is 29mb so it will take awhile to download. Please DO NOT delete anything!!! Thank you!

I'm checking into Evolution email client, which was originally developed for Linux users. There is a Windows version now but I seem to be having troubles installing it. Hopefully I'll get it working soon though...it will be nice to have PhotoDraw working on my laptop too!

I use open office at home and it is fine.

I also use Thunderbird -- and like it, but I have number of different plug-ins installed (calendar, and an outlook-like skin/UI) that make it more functional and friendly.[/quote:3muzah61]

I didn't realize there was a calendar plugin for Thunderbird. Does Thunderbird have the capabilities for multiple email addresses? One thing I really don't like about Thunderbird is how the contacts are managed...Outlook makes using contacts so simple. I'm lost when it comes to contacts in Thunderbird. I'm not sure that's something I can get past.

As for Evolution...at this point I have it installed but can't get it to launch. I click on the shortcut, a cmd screen flashes open and then closes but nothing happens. I guess I have to do some digging online to see what I'm either missing or not doing. :HeadBanger

Perhaps we should have a "tech thread" on the general discussion forum, eh? :D

stlrz d
06-11-2008, 12:08 AM
MJG - Is this the one you use?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4631

I get a "requires additional items" message in the add on menu. No calendar shows up. :(

stlrz d
06-11-2008, 08:50 PM
MJG - Check this out!

http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop_features.html

stlrz d
06-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Any feedback so far? Everything download ok? Install ok? Anyone tried it yet?

Bueller???

Bueller???

Bueller...............

MeetJoeGreene
06-13-2008, 08:26 PM
MJG - Check this out!

That looks cool. I don't use that one but something called Lightning as a Calendar add-on.

I also use 2 contacts add ons addressContext and Contacts Sidebar to make the contacts easier to use.

I wonder if Zimbra will always be free or just for the beta?

stlrz d
06-13-2008, 09:11 PM
MJG - Check this out!

That looks cool. I don't use that one but something called Lightning as a Calendar add-on.

I also use 2 contacts add ons addressContext and Contacts Sidebar to make the contacts easier to use.

It didn't work out as well as I had hoped unfortunately. There were some little things about it that were kind of stupid, but that bugged me. Limitations on fonts, inbox toggling back to "conversation" mode even when I would switch it to "message" mode, etc.... Looks like I'm going with Thunderbird. I found the Lightning calendar and it seems to work well...so that issue is taken care of. I just put in those two add ons. It's pretty easy to see what Sidebar did, but wtf did Context do? :shock:

MeetJoeGreene
06-13-2008, 10:16 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1hiytd3v]MJG - Check this out!

It didn't work out as well as I had hoped unfortunately. There were some little things about it that were kind of stupid, but that bugged me. Limitations on fonts, inbox toggling back to "conversation" mode even when I would switch it to "message" mode, etc.... Looks like I'm going with Thunderbird. I found the Lightning calendar and it seems to work well...so that issue is taken care of. I just put in those two add ons. It's pretty easy to see what Sidebar did, but wtf did Context do? :shock:[/quote:1hiytd3v]

I think it added things on the right click menus in places.

stlrz d
06-14-2008, 12:16 AM
[quote="stlrz d":20evonps]MJG - Check this out!

It didn't work out as well as I had hoped unfortunately. There were some little things about it that were kind of stupid, but that bugged me. Limitations on fonts, inbox toggling back to "conversation" mode even when I would switch it to "message" mode, etc.... Looks like I'm going with Thunderbird. I found the Lightning calendar and it seems to work well...so that issue is taken care of. I just put in those two add ons. It's pretty easy to see what Sidebar did, but wtf did Context do? :shock:

I think it added things on the right click menus in places.[/quote:20evonps]

Gotcha...I'll have to take a look around. :oops: