PDA

View Full Version : Song that you HATE the most

MeetJoeGreene
06-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Ok. I don't mean things like "Rap music in general" or "Anything by Bruce Springstein". I mean is there a song or two in a genre that you listen to that simply makes you CRINGE and turn the station. If part of hell was playing songs that you hate in a loop, what song or 2 would they play?

Mine is

Emotional Rescue by the Rolling Stones
When I Fight Authority by John Mellencamp

birtikidis
06-05-2008, 10:56 PM
i don't know the name of hte song. but the song from the heineken commercial where they pass the beer along to like a million different hippies...

Ozey74
06-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Ok. I don't mean things like "Rap music in general" or "Anything by Bruce Springstein". I mean is there a song or two in a genre that you listen to that simply makes you CRINGE and turn the station. If part of hell was playing songs that you hate in a loop, what song or 2 would they play?

Mine is

What's wrong with that song? As far as Mellencamp goes, IMO anything after "Paper and Fire" sucks much more than the Authority Song.

MeetJoeGreene
06-05-2008, 11:17 PM

Mine is

What's wrong with that song? As far as Mellencamp goes, IMO anything after "Paper and Fire" sucks much more than the Authority Song.
I always thought it was too blatant of a cheap knock off of "I fought the law"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Fought_the_Law

just bugged me.

Ozey74
06-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Patience by "Guns and Roses" is musical pony loaf.

Ozey74
06-05-2008, 11:20 PM

Mine is

I always thought it was too blatant of a cheap knock off of "I fought the law"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Fought_the_Law

just bugged me.

I can see where your comming from, but it still wasn't miserable to listen to.

Jigawatts
06-06-2008, 04:02 AM
Right now I can't stand that "Hey there Delilah" song. I don't know if that's the
title and I don't know who sings it, but I have to change the station when it comes
on.

stlrz d
06-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Right now I can't stand that "Hey there Delilah" song. I don't know if that's the
title and I don't know who sings it, but I have to change the station when it comes
on.

I believe they're called the "Plain White T-Shirts" and that song is god awful.

I'm a "music snob" so I'm not even going to go down this road...yinz will run me off like you did MSM. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-06-2008, 07:28 AM
I always HATED "Shout" by Tears for Fears. It always sent chills down my spine (and not in a good way). I love "Shout" by the Isley Brothers, though. Go figure. I guess its inclusion in "Animal House" helps. "Otis, my man!"

Les 74
06-06-2008, 07:46 AM
on.

100% agree with you,jig!!!My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion makes my ears hurt.When Titanic came out,you couldn't go on the radio without hearing that piece of garbage.

MeetJoeGreene
06-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Here is another:

Do ya think I am sexy -- Rod Stewart.

RuthlessBurgher
06-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Here is another:

Do ya think I am sexy -- Rod Stewart.

It was great when Mike Myers (playing the liquored-up Scotsman at his son's wedding) sang it accompanied by bagpipes in "So I Married An Axe Murderer" though. Underrated Mike Myers flick.

frankthetank1
06-06-2008, 09:21 AM
on.

100% agree with you,jig!!!My Heat Will Go On by Celine Dion makes my ears hurt.When Titanic came out,you couldn't go on the radio without hearing that piece of garbage.

im with you guys that song is garbage. has anyone heard the version mocking that song? its hillarious its called "hey there vagina"

frankthetank1
06-06-2008, 09:22 AM

what are you talking about? its a good song and any song by guns n roses is a million times better than most artists

Iron Shiek
06-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't know what the big deal about Dancing Queen is...when I was in college that garbage was played at several parties just out of the blue...weird. I don't like it at all.

RuthlessBurgher
06-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't know what the big deal about Dancing Queen is...when I was in college that garbage was played at several parties just out of the blue...weird. I don't like it at all.

The ladies love them some ABBA. Don't you want the ladies out there shaking what their mama gave them at a party? Dancing Queen may not please your ears, but playing that song makes the ladies move, which in turn pleases the eyes. That's even better. :P

Ozey74
06-06-2008, 11:12 AM

what are you talking about? its a good song and any song by guns n roses is a million times better than most artists

Just not to my liking. When I saw them live in 92', when they played that song is when I took my only bathroom break during their set.

frankthetank1
06-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Just not to my liking. When I saw them live in 92', when they played that song is when I took my only bathroom break during their set.

oh ok that makes sense then. for me its sweet child of mine. its an ok song i guess but ive heard it a million times. i thought you were hatin on g'n r thats all

Ozey74
06-06-2008, 11:29 AM

oh ok that makes sense then. for me its sweet child of mine. its an ok song i guess but ive heard it a million times. i thought you were hatin on g'n r thats all

No, not hatin' on G n R. Great band. Appetite for Destruction is one of the best albums ever, and quite possibly the best debut album ever.

Like you, not a big fan of Sweet Child o' Mine. Other than the guitar solo, it's a lame song.

frankthetank1
06-06-2008, 11:43 AM

No, not hatin' on G n R. Great band. Appetite for Destruction is one of the best albums ever, and quite possibly the best debut album ever.

Like you, not a big fan of Sweet Child o' Mine. Other than the guitar solo, it's a lame song.

i never thought of it as being the best debut album ever. i would say it is along with ten by pearl jam. both albums just about every song i love except for jeremy and sweet child of mine. when i was a big dave matthews fan it was crash for me. i hated that song so much

MeetJoeGreene
06-06-2008, 11:51 AM
uhhh.. I think Boston was probably the greatest debut album ever.

Ozey74
06-06-2008, 12:54 PM
uhhh.. I think Boston was probably the greatest debut album ever.

As far as record sales go, I believe your correct.

Van Halen's debut album was another good one.

NKySteeler
06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I like G & R, and saw one of thier early concerts live in Phoenix... Axle was "skitzed-out" and wouldn't come on stage for a while, and Slash passed-out towards the end, prompting the end of the show.... But I really don't care for "Welcome to the Jungle"... You have any idea how much I hear that up here in Cincy? :lol:

...The other that comes to mind is "Rocky Top"... I really dislike Tenn., and a buddy of mine used to play it from a cassette every time they scored... I finally took it outside, placed it under my tire, and backed over it... :twisted:

ghettoscott
06-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Recent:

"No Air" by what's-her-face and Chris Brown. I dont understand why all these young kids are whining all the time...

"Souljah Boy Tell 'em" or whatever its called. That is some ig'nant ishh right there.

ALL TIME:

"Girls just want to have fun"

'Vogue'

both of these songs induce turret like outbursts from me. That Cyndi Lauper video makes me physically nauseous....why was this woman every popular?

stlrz d
06-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Musically, I consider Led Zep I to be the best debut album by any band of all time. From front to back there isn't a dud on there and it is difficult to fathom that was their very first effort. It was a great teller of things to come.

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced is a very close second, imo.

AngryAsian
06-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Some off the top of my head:

"We built this city on rock and roll"

"The Safety Dance"

"Come on Ilene"

"Don't worry, be happy"

"Bizarre Love Triangle"

.... so many to choose from but I haven't had my morning coffee.

mshifko
06-06-2008, 06:11 PM
the song by natasha bedingfeld (sp?) that goes "i got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine...etc"

i can't stand that ish yo

Iron Shiek
06-06-2008, 10:30 PM

"The Safety Dance"

"Come on Ilene"

"Don't worry, be happy"

"Bizarre Love Triangle"

OH YEAH THATS RIGHT! When I said dancing queen earlier, I meant Come on Ilene. I can't stand that phucking song!!! You would be kicking it at a party, listening to some good music from different genres then that galldam song would come on and I immediately would want to leave. I am getting pi$$ed just thinking about it.

Ozey74
06-06-2008, 11:09 PM

"The Safety Dance"

"Come on Ilene"

"Don't worry, be happy"

"Bizarre Love Triangle"

Most of these songs you mention are guilty pleasures. If they didn't remind me of a cool time of life I would hate all of these songs -except the "Safety Dance", good song no matter how you slice it.

RuthlessBurgher
06-07-2008, 01:28 AM

"The Safety Dance"

"Come on Ilene"

"Don't worry, be happy"

"Bizarre Love Triangle"

OH YEAH THATS RIGHT! When I said dancing queen earlier, I meant Come on Ilene. I can't stand that phucking song!!! You would be kicking it at a party, listening to some good music from different genres then that galldam song would come on and I immediately would want to leave. I am getting pi$$ed just thinking about it.

Hatin' on Dexy's Midnight Runners? I'm not ashamed to admit that I like that song. Who doesn't want to Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye every now and then? Who doesn't like a good ol' pop song featuring bagpipes? Okay...I don't expect a lot of support from folks on the board on this one, but you gotta respect me for taking a stand when I know I'll get ridiculed by most of you, right?

Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio, he moved a million hearts in mono.
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them.
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever.
Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
and we can sing just like our fathers.

Come on Eileen,
I swear (well he means) At this moment you mean everything,
With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty
Ah come on Eileen.

These people round here wear beaten down eyes
Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is,
But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever.
Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
Eileen I'll hum this tune forever.

Come on Eileen, I swear, well he means
Ah come on let's take off everything,
That pretty red dress Eileen (Tell him yes)
Ah come on let's, ah come on Eileen, please.

Oh, and I also don't hate Cyndi Lauper either. Sure, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" sucks, but "Time After Time" is a quality 80's tune. Why the @#$% am I showing my sensitive side on a Steeler board? I'll stop now. :oops:

AngryAsian
06-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Ruthless, I'm sure you've broken several man-laws just posting the lyrics of that song on this board..... but your one of my brothers, so I'll fore go the house invasion of ninjas that should of been dispatched. :lol:

Iron Shiek
06-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Ruthless, I'm sure you've broken several man-laws just posting the lyrics of that song on this board..... but your one of my brothers, so I'll fore go the house invasion of ninjas that should of been dispatched. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You weild some awesome power AS...note to self....

stlrz d
06-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Alicia Keys - Super Woman

ESPN's relentless promoting of the WNBA is relentlessly stomach turning and this song is now very near the top of my most hated list. I hit the mute button at the first sound of this song because it's on so often.

Note to ESPN: No one is watching the WNBA...this song isn't going to change that. Actually, no song will.

RuthlessBurgher
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM

If I post the following lyrics, does that even things out?

Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Law man has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home
The jig is up, the news is out
They finally found me
The renegade who had it made
Retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
This'll be the end today
Of the wanted man

Oh Mama, I've been years on the lam and had a high price on my head
Lawman said 'Get him dead or alive' and it's for sure he'll see me dead
Dear Mama I can hear you cryin', you're so scared and all alone
Hangman is comin' down from the gallows and I don't have very long

They finally found me
Retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
The judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man

Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law
Law man has put an end to my running and I'm so far from my home

They finally found me
Retrieved for a bounty
Never more to go astray
This'll be the end today
Of the wanted man

Shawn
06-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Im too sexy
and Love Shack drive me absolutely crazy.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-08-2008, 10:17 PM

"The Safety Dance"

"Come on Ilene"
"Don't worry, be happy"

"Bizarre Love Triangle"

I always laugh, just about out loud, every time I hear this song title, for the longest time I thought it was surely one of the filthiest song titles ever announced on radio :shock: :shock: :shock: , "how can they get away with that"?

It was quite a while before I actually saw the name of the song in print, I went "Oh...!" I never liked the song as much after that ...

Steelworth
06-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Same here about "I'm Too Sexy" and "Love Shack".

That "Who Let The Dogs Out?" drives me crazy when I hear it. Thankfully that isn't often.

AngryAsian
06-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Anything by Good Charlotte.... poser wussboys of wanna-be-punk.

RuthlessBurgher
06-09-2008, 09:59 AM

That "Who Let The Dogs Out?" drives me crazy when I hear it. Thankfully that isn't often.

Your suggestions reminded me of another I can't stand. The Macarena. Suck, suck, suck.

ColumbusSteelerFan
06-09-2008, 06:16 PM

Your suggestions reminded me of another I can't stand. The Macarena. Suck, suck, suck.

Agreed. My mother-in-law still has a Macarena t-shirt with the dance on it that she still wears. Drives my wife nuts when she sees it.

Too many others to mention I don't like. I think AS mention Good Charlotte - nice call. I also remember seeing Fall Out Boy on SNL several months back. I don't know what "song" they were playing, but it definitely didn't sound like any music I knew. Ugh.

AngryAsian
06-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Anything by David Lee Roth without Van Halen.... "Just a Gigalow" probably the biggest sell out song of its time.

BIG FAN
06-10-2008, 02:27 AM
It is reall hard for me to pin-point any particular song since there are soooo many that suck.
Achey Breaky Heart, Macarena do come to mind, but pound for pound 70'S disco Still sux as a whole.

AngryAsian
06-10-2008, 05:14 AM
It is reall hard for me to pin-point any particular song since there are soooo many that suck.
Achey Breaky Heart, Macarena do come to mind, but pound for pound 70'S disco Still sux as a whole.

"More than a woman" yes.... "Play That Funky Music White Boyd" absolutely NO!

BIG FAN
06-10-2008, 06:03 AM

"More than a woman" yes.... "Play That Funky Music White Boyd" absolutely NO!

Any time it says :lol: a "white boyd" nobody understands it more than a woman.

Chadman
06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Does anyone else wish that the chick that sings 'Bleeding Love" would just bloody bleed out & pass out already??????????????????????

proudpittsburgher
06-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Alicia Keys - Super Woman

ESPN's relentless promoting of the WNBA is relentlessly stomach turning and this song is now very near the top of my most hated list. I hit the mute button at the first sound of this song because it's on so often.

Note to ESPN: No one is watching the WNBA...this song isn't going to change that. Actually, no song will.

Well, it hasn't stopped them with the NBA :twisted:

Arnold_Ziffel
06-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Any song by Janis Joplin.... she's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Can't stand Don McLean's "American Pie" either.

And that Daniel Powter "you had a bad day" song makes me want to vomit whenever I hear it.

RuthlessBurgher
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM

And that Daniel Powter "you had a bad day" song makes me want to vomit whenever I hear it.

I'm with you on the Bad Day song, but Janis and American Pie? That's borderline blasphemy! To each his own, I guess.

Jigawatts
06-10-2008, 04:58 PM

"The Safety Dance"

"Come on Ilene"

"Don't worry, be happy"

"Bizarre Love Triangle"

Hatin' on Dexy's Midnight Runners? I'm not ashamed to admit that I like that song. Who doesn't want to Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye every now and then? Who doesn't like a good ol' pop song featuring bagpipes? Okay...I don't expect a lot of support from folks on the board on this one, but you gotta respect me for taking a stand when I know I'll get ridiculed by most of you, right?

Oh, and I also don't hate Cyndi Lauper either. Sure, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" sucks, but "Time After Time" is a quality 80's tune. Why the @#$% am I showing my sensitive side on a Steeler board? I'll stop now. :oops:

Word dog, word. How do you not like Come on Ilene, Time After Time, and Don't
Worry, Be Happy?

And the Safety Dance? Well, if you don't dance then you're no friend of mine.

Ruthless, I'll even go as far to say that I like Girls Just Want to Have Fun. :shock:

Ozey74
06-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I like G & R, and saw one of thier early concerts live in Phoenix... Axle was "skitzed-out" and wouldn't come on stage for a while, and Slash passed-out towards the end, prompting the end of the show....

That sounds like typical Axl!! :Cheers

When I saw G N' R in Indy in 92', it was right after Mike Tyson was sent to jail for rape. For those that have forgotten, that whole situation happened in Indiana. Axl wore a "Free Tyson" shirt for the show and acted like it was the audiences fault that Tyson was in prison. But they performed their entire set!!

Les 74
06-11-2008, 08:17 PM

"The Safety Dance"

"Come on Ilene"
"Don't worry, be happy"

"Bizarre Love Triangle"

I always laugh, just about out loud, every time I hear this song title, for the longest time I thought it was surely one of the filthiest song titles ever announced on radio :shock: :shock: :shock: , "how can they get away with that"?

It was quite a while before I actually saw the name of the song in print, I went "Oh...!" I never liked the song as much after that ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that I was the only one that felt that way.

Les 74
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM

100% agree with all of your choices.

LasVegasGuy
06-12-2008, 06:34 PM

I feel the same way about Macy Gray too. I mean that one song she had was everywhere and I just don't know what people liked about it. It sounded like she put something together between smoking a joint and a downing 6 pack. Awful!

LasVegasGuy
06-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Anything by Madonna. She has been around for what 50 years and there isn't one song I like of hers.

AngryAsian
06-19-2008, 01:56 AM
Anything by Madonna. She has been around for what 50 years and there isn't one song I like of hers.

I like one song.... Say Goodbye, probably because BabyFace wrote it. All the others I can't stand. Everybody's always saying, "Gosh, Madonna looks great." I see her and say "she's skinnier and more ripped, but her face looks haggard to me and nobody will change my mind on that."

motter1975
06-19-2008, 11:35 AM

How can you not like "American Pie" That's just downright unAmerican!!!! It's blasphemy, blasphemy I tell you!!!!

I do agree with you on the Janis Joplin though.

As far as the song I hate the most and just REFUSE to listen to, Eric Clapton's "I Shot the Sherrif" (also the Bob Marley version) ranks up there. I immediately turn the station when it comes on the radio.

RuthlessBurgher
06-19-2008, 12:12 PM

How can you not like "American Pie" That's just downright unAmerican!!!! It's blasphemy, blasphemy I tell you!!!!

I do agree with you on the Janis Joplin though.

As far as the song I hate the most and just REFUSE to listen to, Eric Clapton's "I Shot the Sherrif" (also the Bob Marley version) ranks up there. I immediately turn the station when it comes on the radio.

To combine the anti-American Pie rant and anti-Madonna rant together into one mega-rant, Madonna's gawd-awful version of American Pie truely sucks platypus balls (sucking monkey balls is not enough in this situation). However, the Don McLean version is a classic.

LasVegasGuy
06-19-2008, 05:50 PM

I like one song.... Say Goodbye, probably because BabyFace wrote it. All the others I can't stand. Everybody's always saying, "Gosh, Madonna looks great." I see her and say "she's skinnier and more ripped, but her face looks haggard to me and nobody will change my mind on that."

I was watching the top 100 songs of the 80's on VH1 and Madonna's "Like a Virgin" was number 5. They showed a clip of the video from 1985 then did a small little interview with her now. Oh Brother! That chick is pilling on the years. Her face looked like an old catchers mitt compared to '85. What was Britney thinking kissing that beast.

NKySteeler
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
This video ruined this song for me.....
[youtube:1zy1klkn]UVKsd8z6scw&hl[/youtube:1zy1klkn]

RuthlessBurgher
06-19-2008, 07:07 PM
This video ruined this song for me.....
[youtube:792zch8b]UVKsd8z6scw&hl[/youtube:792zch8b]

C'mon now...PWBA is an underrated flick!

Biker: I say we stomp him! Then we tattoo him! Then we hang him! And then we kill him!
Biker Gang: YEAH!!!
Pee-wee: I say we let him go.
Biker Gang: NO!!!
Biker Mama: I say ya let me have him first!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/mariey22/mister_breakfast1.gif

"I pity the foo' that don't eat Mr. T cereal!"

Uncle Rico
06-19-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjS6DSeDo8

That song just totally pisses me off.

NKySteeler
06-19-2008, 09:04 PM

....Oh Christ.... :? .... We may have a winner here... I hate it as well.

Shawn
06-19-2008, 11:10 PM

I literally want to cut someone open when I hear that song.

NKySteeler
06-19-2008, 11:24 PM

...As someone that "looks up" to doctors, that is NOT what I want to hear!.... :o :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
06-20-2008, 12:06 AM

Doing the "Electric Slide" in the O.R.?!?!

BIG FAN
06-20-2008, 03:16 AM

...As someone that "looks up" to doctors, that is NOT what I want to hear!.... :o :wink:

As a humble nurse, I too look up to Doctors. But they be better be six foot seven. :lol:
BTW, hearing that song makes me believe a bottle of water spilled on the amps at the time would have saved us from that szzzett.

AngryAsian
06-20-2008, 04:12 AM

Doing the "Electric Slide" in the O.R.?!?!

My wife was not only radiant on our wedding day, but oh so proper.... she told the DJ when we walked into the reception. "If you play the electric slide or the chicken dance, regardless of requests.... you will not get paid." I knew I made the right choice. I loathe both those songs.

Shawn
06-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Well, generally the surgeon picks the music in the O.R....As a med student that was often painful as I had no choice over the selection. I am thankful though that none of the surgeons pulled out the electric slide or the chicken dance. That could have ended my career prematurely. :lol:

Djfan
07-01-2008, 03:27 AM
It does my DJ heart good to hear my Steeler Brethren lamenting music hari-kari. (Sorry if I spelled that incorrectly, AS). There is so much crap that calls itself music that the sociologists of our time have to be fleeing the country.

Sad part is...? Most of the songs you all mentioned still pack dance floors.

BTW AS, how is it that you didn't meet with your DJ before the wedding day to discuss music, etc? Gotta go with the professional, brother!

Janis Joplin is an amazing gift to art. Madonna is an abortion who probably survived. Dylan talks with God about lyrics. Country music will get me through my next divorce.

Still, you're all wrong. The worst song ever was "I'm Not Lisa".

Anyone know the song that stayed number one for the longest? It might surprise you, and make you want to join the sociologists in another country.

stlrz d
07-01-2008, 07:22 AM
It does my DJ heart good to hear my Steeler Brethren lamenting music hari-kari. (Sorry if I spelled that incorrectly, AS). There is so much crap that calls itself music that the sociologists of our time have to be fleeing the country.

Sad part is...? Most of the songs you all mentioned still pack dance floors.

BTW AS, how is it that you didn't meet with your DJ before the wedding day to discuss music, etc? Gotta go with the professional, brother!

Janis Joplin is an amazing gift to art. Madonna is an abortion who probably survived. Dylan talks with God about lyrics. Country music will get me through my next divorce.

Still, you're all wrong. The worst song ever was "I'm Not Lisa".

Anyone know the song that stayed number one for the longest? It might surprise you, and make you want to join the sociologists in another country.

I'm gonna go with "You Light Up My Life".

frankthetank1
07-01-2008, 08:07 AM
one of my all time least favorite songs has to be that gay ass she thinks my tractor's sexy. that and i got friends in low places make me want to commit a homicide. i hate country music more than any other kind of music i think. something about that whole culture makes me angry. i even hate nascar with a passion

AngryAsian
07-01-2008, 11:52 AM

Actually we did, it was a big company that has a stable of DJs and we made the requests and particulars over the phone but my wife wanted to make sure that the DJ that arrived was crystal clear about the requests made.

Djfan
07-03-2008, 05:30 AM

You would have won, but we're not friends anymore.

Djfan
07-03-2008, 05:33 AM

Actually we did, it was a big company that has a stable of DJs and we made the requests and particulars over the phone but my wife wanted to make sure that the DJ that arrived was crystal clear about the requests made.

DJ pools are a popular thing, but usually have quirks that brides and grooms don't like. I meet with my clients and plan EVERY detail weeks in advance. This is the way I get a picture of who they are and what they want. Can't trust a wedding memory to a stranger.

BTW, we need to speak soon. I'm off work, so call whenever.

stlrz d
07-03-2008, 07:32 AM

The fact that I knew that without looking it up makes me a winner!!! :D

Wait.... :shock:

Jigawatts
07-03-2008, 01:49 PM

Yep, that's the winner. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Djfan
07-05-2008, 02:56 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1b71wmms]I'm gonna go with "You Light Up My Life".

The fact that I knew that without looking it up makes me a winner!!! :D

Wait.... :shock:[/quote:1b71wmms]

We are all now suffering from images of stlrz d in the shower belting out chorus' of "Youuuuuu light up my life! You give me hooooope to carry oooonnnnn!!!!...."

Jigawatts
03-25-2009, 02:22 PM
I'll resurrect this thread with Beyonce's Single Ladies (put a ring on it.)

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Djfan
03-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Anything by Celine Dion

RuthlessBurgher
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Anything by Celine Dion

"Celine Dion" by the Arrogant Worms
(they have much funnier songs, but you mentioned Celine)
This is the only Celine Dion song I will listen to
(because it is about Celine and not sung by her)

I think Ive got a crush on celine dion
The way she beats her chest when she sings a love song
Theres something about her makes me want to feed her
And Id love to be mister celine dion

Shell sing a song in english, and shell sing en francais
Both the songs will suck, but I love her anyway
Shes full of emotion, Im full of devotion
For celine and Ill be hers someday

Oh celine dion, you soft-rock my world
Wont you please be mine celine
I would do anything, if youd be my girl
Oh, be my girl celine
I sent you cards and letters, but you dont respond
You play hard to get, but my heart goes on and on (and on and on, etc...)
I just wanna say, je aimerez
And I can see your house from my van

Oh celine dion, you soft-rock my world
Wont you please be mine celine
I would do anything, if youd be my girl
Oh, be my girl celine

Celine celine
Her skins so soft and clean
Just like porcelain
I wish shed slather me
With a tub of vaseline
(that was a little creepy) Im sorry, celine
Celine celine

Celine dion

D Rock
03-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Gwen Stefani's "holla back girl"

Thank god she's back to being a member of No Doubt again.

and the Atari's cover of Boys of Summer makes me cringe

Sugar
03-26-2009, 06:19 PM
"Lips of an Angel" by Hinder is pretty freakin' stinky!

Iron Shiek
03-27-2009, 09:52 AM
"Lips of an Angel" by Hinder is pretty freakin' stinky!

Yeah I'm not down with Hinder...that dude's voice is too much for me. It sounds terrible.