PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning on traveling to see the Steelers in 08?

Ozey74
06-05-2008, 09:54 PM
For me, I will be in Cincy for sure.

Maybe Nashville in late December against the Titans -still up in the air. I was hoping the Titans game was going to be earlier on the schedule and not so close to Christmas, but that's a part of life that I can't control.

SteelerNation1
06-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I love going to road games. There is something so special about being a Steelers fan and invading an enemy stadium. I have been to Ckeveland, Cincy, Tennessee,& Indy. I am in the process of trying to convince the wife that the 10 home games I'm going to aren't quite enough. I want to make the trip to Philly in sept.

SteelerOfDeVille
06-06-2008, 12:06 AM
For me, I will be in Cincy for sure.

Maybe Nashville in late December against the Titans -still up in the air. I was hoping the Titans game was going to be earlier on the schedule and not so close to Christmas, but that's a part of life that I can't control.
ditto... Dallas is a done deal, but, still considering Tennessee....

rpmpit
06-06-2008, 07:38 AM
I love going to road games. There is something so special about being a Steelers fan and invading an enemy stadium. I have been to Ckeveland, Cincy, Tennessee,& Indy. I am in the process of trying to convince the wife that the 10 home games I'm going to aren't quite enough. I want to make the trip to Philly in sept.

I was thinking Philly too. Its only about an hour drive for me. Maybe I'll see you there.

I've been to both Jets and Giants road games. And last year drove down to Cincy. Last years Jets game (although we lost :cry: :evil: ) was one of my proudest moments as a Steeler fan. We COMPLETELY took over that stadium. My Jets fan friends were embarrassed.

NC Steeler Fan
06-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, while I may not make it to any games this year, I will
be making my annual pilgrimage to Latrobe for Training Camp
and Women's Camp in late July/early August (anxiously waiting
for the registration announcment to come out now!).

Just look for the little gold Hyundai Accent flying up 19 and 79
in WV with the Steeler flags in the windows and:

"Raleigh, NC to Latrobe, PA -> Steelers Training Camp!"

written across the back windshield, and:

"Honk if You Love the Steelers" on the side windows!

Yup! That would be me! 8) :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
06-06-2008, 12:28 PM

I was thinking Philly too. Its only about an hour drive for me. Maybe I'll see you there.

I've been to both Jets and Giants road games. And last year drove down to Cincy. Last years Jets game (although we lost :cry: :evil: ) was one of my proudest moments as a Steeler fan. We COMPLETELY took over that stadium. My Jets fan friends were embarrassed.
Philly is an hour and a half for me too. Anyone know the best way to score Beagle tickets? THat may be a fun tailgate if we get a bunch of folks there. Although, Philly can be hostile for away fans.

costanza2k1
06-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Yup, cross country to see them whoop on Dallas.

SteelerNation1
06-06-2008, 02:57 PM

rpm,
If I decide to go, I'll definitely let you know prior.

SteelerNation1
06-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Philly is an hour and a half for me too. Anyone know the best way to score Beagle tickets? THat may be a fun tailgate if we get a bunch of folks there. Although, Philly can be hostile for away fans.
F Philly. I think Philly is way overrated for their "hostile" fans. The only thing they ever did was throw snowballs and boo Santa! Screw them.

Djfan
06-06-2008, 03:03 PM
We just need to have roll calls for each game. Remember the home games for us out of towners who might be making the pilgrimage. We're trying for dallas in dec.

SteelerNation1
06-06-2008, 03:07 PM
We just need to have roll calls for each game. Remember the home games for us out of towners who might be making the pilgrimage. We're trying for dallas in dec.
I'd love to put together a Dallas tailgate for planetsteelers

costanza2k1
06-06-2008, 03:09 PM

that would rock...I can't help set anything up being from CA but I have no problem putting in $$$. Let us know, that's a great idea!

motter1975
06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm gonna try to go to the Redskin's game, if I can get decent seats. It's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive, so that's the one I'd choose. If not, may see about the Raven's game, since Baltimore's only a little further.

I'm also going to try to get some time off and try to go to training camp this year. Depends on what's going on at work.

SteelerNation1
06-06-2008, 03:13 PM

that would rock...I can't help set anything up being from CA but I have no problem putting in $$$. Let us know, that's a great idea!
When's that game, Dec 7? Crap, that gives me only 6 months to get this thing organized! :D Seriously though, as it gets closer, we can talk about meeting up and eating/drinking and watching the Steelers kick the crap out of the Cryboys.

Les 74
06-06-2008, 03:16 PM

rpm,
If I decide to go, I'll definitely let you know prior.

I'm trying like heck to get tix for that game.The stadium is only about 25 minutes away from me.We should all get together if were all there. 8)

costanza2k1
06-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Sorry I tend to get excited about going out there again as soon as I leave. We'll be in touch as the game approaches...would love to meet the PS gang!

AngryAsian
06-06-2008, 04:45 PM

When's that game, Dec 7? Crap, that gives me only 6 months to get this thing organized! :D Seriously though, as it gets closer, we can talk about meeting up and eating/drinking and watching the Steelers kick the crap out of the Cryboys.

I have an offer for lodgings and tickets for the WEEK 14 battle royal. The only thing left to discuss is the air fair. The wife isn't keen on the fact that we're going to Vegas and Italy this fall and for me to pile Pittsburgh on top of that before the holidays is a little rough. WHEN... I get the green light, I'll be coming loaded.... probably with a PlanetSteelers banner to set up at the Tailgate so all can find us.

MeetJoeGreene
06-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Since you go to these year after year, do the players/coaches remember you? How cool would that be. Also .. do many others go multiple times as well?

MeetJoeGreene
06-06-2008, 04:49 PM

I have an offer for lodgings and tickets for the WEEK 14 battle royal. The only thing left to discuss is the air fair. The wife isn't keen on the fact that we're going to Vegas and Italy this fall and for me to pile Pittsburgh on top of that before the holidays is a little rough. WHEN... I get the green light, I'll be coming loaded.... probably with a PlanetSteelers banner to set up at the Tailgate so all can find us.

Hey.. just try to not do anything amatuerish for the banner -- try to make it look nice, OKAY? If you need any help with graphics, come find me. :D :D :P

AngryAsian
06-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey.. just try to not do anything amatuerish for the banner -- try to make it look nice, OKAY? If you need any help with graphics, come find me. :D :D :P

I would be lost without your input. :lol: :P

proudpittsburgher
06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Yea, TRAVELING :lol: to Heinz to catch a preseason game against Carolina. Part of the annual pilgrimage with friends back to Pittsburgh to show off the stadiums and the city for a Pirates/Steelers double-dip (although, the teams screwed it up this year, and they are back to back days. Good time, though. Good time

NC Steeler Fan
06-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Since you go to these year after year, do the players/coaches remember you? How cool would that be. Also .. do many others go multiple times as well?

Umm, let's just say John Thompson, the Steelers marketing
guy who basically MCs the entire day's events DEFINITELY remembers
me and my Steeler sister every year. Most of the guys running
the Women's camp hang out at Sharkeys and one year they
were buying us drinks like there's no tomorrow. Needless to
say, I was not thrilled to be out on the field the next day in
the heat with a martini driven hangover and learned a valuable
lesson! :oops:

Greg Warren remembered us from a prior year as did Louis Lipps
and John Colb. Edmund Nelson probably couldn't remember
what he did yesterday, but he's still a hoot every year we go. :lol:

Very sad about Dwight White....I will see if I can post the pic
of the two of us sitting on a bench together from last year.

He was the one I asked for his thoughts about Joey leaving and what
he thought of James Harrison. He didn't have too many kind words for
Peezy, but said that Harrison was a real good football player.

I know that Tunch Ilkin remembers me for sure! He was doing a live
radio broadcast from Sharkey's and the crowd I was with said, "Go up
and ask a question!" So, I did, but I laid it on thick with a heavy
Southern drawl and had the guys on the air just rolling. In the end,
Tunch says on the mic: "Well folks, there you have it, but I think we
needed a translator for that last question!" :lol:

I apologized after then shut it down and he laughed and said, "Hell, don't
worry, we needed some variety on that show today!"

SteelerNation1
06-06-2008, 05:15 PM

[quote="NC Steeler Fan":uj8jzbpq]Well, while I may not make it to any games this year, I will

Umm, let's just say John Thompson, the Steelers marketing
guy who basically MCs the entire day's events DEFINITELY remembers
me and my Steeler sister every year. Most of the guys running
the Women's camp hang out at Sharkeys and one year they
were buying us drinks like there's no tomorrow. Needless to
say, I was not thrilled to be out on the field the next day in
the heat with a martini driven hangover and learned a valuable
lesson! :oops:

Greg Warren remembered us from a prior year as did Louis Lipps
and John Colb. Edmund Nelson probably couldn't remember
what he did yesterday, but he's still a hoot every year we go. :lol:

Very sad about Dwight White....I will see if I can post the pic
of the two of us sitting on a bench together from last year.

He was the one I asked for his thoughts about Joey leaving and what
he thought of James Harrison. He didn't have too many kind words for
Peezy, but said that Harrison was a real good football player.

I know that Tunch Ilkin remembers me for sure! He was doing a live
radio broadcast from Sharkey's and the crowd I was with said, "Go up
and ask a question!" So, I did, but I laid it on thick with a heavy
Southern drawl and had the guys on the air just rolling. In the end,
Tunch says on the mic: "Well folks, there you have it, but I think we
needed a translator for that last question!" :lol:

I apologized after then shut it down and he laughed and said, "Hell, don't
worry, we needed some variety on that show today!"[/quote:uj8jzbpq]
Great story NCSteeler

buckeyehoppy
06-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm only 15 minutes from The Big Tent, a.k.a. Clowns Stadium. Seeing that the game is at night, I'm thinking of tailgating then coming back to the house to watch the game. But I intend to party downtown all day.

Several of us are close enough to Cleveland that coming up isn't a big deal. So, if anyone is coming in for some more Steeler ownership of the Clowns let me know. I normally hang at Flannery's, so if there is no tailgate where I'll know anyone that's where I'll be.

I will be coming down for Training Camp this year and at least one home game. If something is going down for the Cowqueens game, then I'll be there. Otherwise, it'll probably be the Giants game.