PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite "FOODS"

AngryAsian
06-03-2008, 05:38 PM
It had to come up sooner or later, so I might as well get THIS show on the road. Favorite foods? Let me preface this, I'm 1/4 Hispanic (paternal side) and 3/4 Filipino.... Filipinos gather together to party for one reason and one reason only.... and that's to eat. We POT LUCK like crazy... just like the Irish have notoriety for their ability to imbibe, Filipinos are known eaters. So, with that being said, I can put a hurting on any buffet thrown to me. My wife thinks I'm a vacuum. So down to the topic.... Favorite foods.

Pizza: can't get enough of it. My favorite generic delivery pizza is Dominos thin-crust pizza with all forms of toppings... except green peppers, because they tend to make the pizza runny. As for authentic real Italian hand tossed pizza.... there are three venues here in Daytona Beach to savor this form: Marios, Genovese's and "The Steel City" pizzeria known as Giuseppi's. The owners are from Pittsburgh and on Sundays during the season, they only take reservations because its slammed packed.

Off the top of my head....
Kielbasa with onions and peppers
Cheeseburgers (from Checkers)
Rice (off course)
Peanut butter (I eat a jar of Jif in about 2 weeks)
Pork Chops Marsala (from Carrabas)
Popeye's fried chicken
Okra
Sashimi
Sushi
Linguini in clam sauce (only my wife's recipe)

.... that's it for now. What's yours?

Les 74
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Fried chicken and french fries.I could eat that morning,noon,and night for the rest of my life.......................which,if I ate that way would probably only be a month. :lol: :lol:

Bacon cheesesteak burgers from the local supermarket
Chicken marsala from Olive Garden
Cheesecake
Tequila Lime wings from Tyson
Shrimp.............we rarely have this as my wife is deathly allergic to shellfish
Chicken Parmigiana
and just about anything from Outback Steakhouse

AngryAsian
06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Fried chicken and french fries.I could eat that morning,noon,and night for the rest of my life.......................which,if I ate that way would probably only be a month. :lol: :lol:

Cheesecake
Shrimp.............we rarely have this as my wife is deathly allergic to shellfish
Chicken Parmigiana

Dude.... a porterhouse and a bloomin' onion... I'm friggen starvin. :shock:

Les 74
06-03-2008, 07:54 PM

Cheesecake
Chicken Parmigiana

My absolute favorite restaurant.LOVE that place.Funny,but most of the time I don't even get steak.I usually get the Alice Springs chicken.Damn good stuff right there.

AngryAsian
06-03-2008, 07:58 PM
[quote="Les 74":2t3h9y9f]Fried chicken and french fries.I could eat that morning,noon,and night for the rest of my life.......................which,if I ate that way would probably only be a month. :lol: :lol:

Cheesecake
Chicken Parmigiana

My absolute favorite restaurant.LOVE that place.Funny,but most of the time I don't even get steak.I usually get the Alice Springs chicken.Damn good stuff right there.[/quote:2t3h9y9f]

My wife is trying to get me into a vegetarian's lifestyle, being a former vegan herself. But I can't do it. I'm a carnivore. I love med rare steaks.... thank god I take supplements to help me evacuate my digestive system, otherwise, I'd be a high candidate for colon issues later on in life.

Les 74
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
[quote="Les 74":e9e8br3t]Fried chicken and french fries.I could eat that morning,noon,and night for the rest of my life.......................which,if I ate that way would probably only be a month. :lol: :lol:

Cheesecake
Chicken Parmigiana

My absolute favorite restaurant.LOVE that place.Funny,but most of the time I don't even get steak.I usually get the Alice Springs chicken.Damn good stuff right there.

My wife is trying to get me into a vegetarian's lifestyle, being a former vegan herself. But I can't do it. I'm a carnivore. I love med rare steaks.... thank god I take supplements to help me evacuate my digestive system, otherwise, I'd be a high candidate for colon issues later on in life.[/quote:e9e8br3t]

Medium rare???Damn dude.What are you a vampire or something??? :lol: :lol: Only well done for me.

AngryAsian
06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Medium rare???Damn dude.What are you a vampire or something??? :lol: :lol: Only well done for me.

During college I worked at a four-star restaurant as a waiter. We did table side service, where we'd make caesar salad, steak diane flambes, bananas foster.... during then is when I started really developing my pallet for steak. Just grew to like it like that.

Les 74
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM

During college I worked at a four-star restaurant as a waiter. We did table side service, where we'd make caesar salad, steak diane flambes, bananas foster.... during then is when I started really developing my pallet for steak. Just grew to like it like that.

Steak diane is a very good dish.The local fancy restaurant has it and it is fantastic.

AngryAsian
06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Steak diane is a very good dish.The local fancy restaurant has it and it is fantastic.

If I ever make it up there, I'll come over and cook it from scratch for you and the Mrs. You can tell her my name is Hopsing and I'm a professional Asian cook you've hired for the night.... win some points and won't cost you a thing except the ingredients to make it of course. Its a service I'll provide for you.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." :D

Les 74
06-03-2008, 08:22 PM

If I ever make it up there, I'll come over and cook it from scratch for you and the Mrs. You can tell her my name is Hopsing and I'm a professional Asian cook you've hired for the night.... win some points and won't cost you a thing except the ingredients to make it of course. Its a service I'll provide for you.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." :D

Dude,its a deal,but what kind of service would you want in return??? :shock: :o :lol:

NKySteeler
06-03-2008, 08:30 PM
AS... I could use this as a segway into the "red-light district" of the forum, and say that there is only ONE THING a man needs to eat!.... :twisted: ...But I won't... I don't want to be the first one banned for lewd behavior.... :lol: .. But basically, I'll eat anything that doesn't have a pulse while trying to cook it, or "moos" at me while prepping.... :wink:

Seriously though, I've been into seafood alot recently. It seems to fit into the pseudo-diet I've been on the last few months... But the way I cook it probably goes against the rules... I've been getting alot of fresh seafood from Seattle and Anchorage lately... Halibut, dungeness crab, and huge prawns (we're talking about 5 to a pound!...). I have pretty much mastered my crab-stuffed shrimp and lemmon-peppered honey rotisserie halibut on the grill... Anything "seafood" is fair-play...

You all know that I absolutely love bbq as well. Brisket, ribs, chicken, it doesn't matter... I was handed a comment a few months back about my lackluster effort with the sauce, and you know me AS, as an anal-retentive idiot, I have taken it to heart... I have done a better job with it, and will never sacrifice "quality" for quickness in the future... :wink:

Veggies: Shrooms, zuchini, squash, cauliflower, brocoli .... BTW, try soaking corn on the cob (in husk) in sugar/water solution for about an hour (after cleaning off the "strings" and re-wrapping husk), peel the husk back, liberally coat with butter, and cover with Lowrys' seasoned salt and pepper... Gently place the husks back around it and grill. The "seasoned salt" gives it an almost "popcorn-like" flavor, and the husk is a convenient "hand-hold".... :wink:

BTW, I have tried to get LonBull over here with a few PMs, but no luck yet... So it is someone elses' turn to bug him.... It would be great to have the "Food for Thought" thread here this season!...

frankthetank1
06-04-2008, 08:09 AM
i will pretty much eat anything but my favorites have to be seafood, italian, bbq and of course steak. although i dont eat all that much fish i love shellfish more than anything. i could eat clams, scallops crab and lobster every single day. its funny the kind of food you cant get depending on where you live in the country. when i lived in florida it was pretty impossible getting decent clams or lobster. the same with texas although they have the best bbq its very hard to find a decent italian restaurant. since i've moved to vermont one thing i have been dying for is a gyro which is impossible to find around here

frankthetank1
06-04-2008, 08:10 AM
[quote=asiansteel][quote="Les 74":29nwgiqj]Fried chicken and french fries.I could eat that morning,noon,and night for the rest of my life.......................which,if I ate that way would probably only be a month. :lol: :lol:

Cheesecake
Chicken Parmigiana

My wife is trying to get me into a vegetarian's lifestyle, being a former vegan herself. But I can't do it. I'm a carnivore. I love med rare steaks.... thank god I take supplements to help me evacuate my digestive system, otherwise, I'd be a high candidate for colon issues later on in life.[/quote:29nwgiqj]

Medium rare???Damn dude.What are you a vampire or something??? :lol: :lol: Only well done for me.[/quote:29nwgiqj]

i take it your not a fan of steak tar tar then haha

Les 74
06-04-2008, 08:13 AM
No way,frank!!!I saw that in a movie once and wondered how anyone can eat that crap.

frankthetank1
06-04-2008, 08:22 AM
No way,frank!!!I saw that in a movie once and wondered how anyone can eat that crap.

haha yea i saw that in that movie wall street. raw egg on top of a raw steak yum now thats some good eatin :lol:

costanza2k1
06-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Curry chicken (of course!)
Kung Pao chicken
Spinach curry chicken
BBQ Steaks

Iron Shiek
06-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow I can't believe no one threw out Gyros! Dam, just had two of them and I'm stuffed.

I like all food, hard to say a favorite. But can't go wrong with some hot chicken wings. Simple yet delicious.

AngryAsian
06-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow I can't believe no one threw out Gyros! Dam, just had two of them and I'm stuffed.

I like all food, hard to say a favorite. But can't go wrong with some hot chicken wings. Simple yet delicious.

Dude, how could I forget wings. :shock:
The hotter the better. Good call Shiek. I'm not big on Gyros.

Iron Shiek
06-04-2008, 09:26 PM

Dude, how could I forget wings. :shock:
The hotter the better. Good call Shiek. I'm not big on Gyros.

Yeah I do Tuesday wing night at BW3 carry out every week. Love the Mango Habanero, magnificent sauce. But it seems that hole in the wall local pubs have the best wings, at least around Columbus.

Shawn
06-04-2008, 09:31 PM
-Mexican White Cheese Dip
-Filet de Oscar (filet mignon with lump crab and bernaise)
-Tiramasu
-Pinto Beans/Cornbread/sliced onion and greens (must be a meal)
-McDonalds Double Cheeseburger (ate 2 today...mmmm)
-Donato's Pepperoni/Sausage/Green Olive
-Caesar Salad and Anchovies
-Crab Bisque
-Creme Brulee
-Taco Bell Nacho Supreme
-Meatball Subs with extra cheese, jalepeno, and yes mayo :shock:
-Champs Walnut Chicken
-Chicken Korma

Ok...I could go on all day. I love food.

AngryAsian
06-04-2008, 09:33 PM
-Tiramasu
-Crab Bisque
-Creme Brulee
-Taco Bell Nacho Supreme
-Champs Walnut Chicken
-Chicken Korma

Good thing you're a physician because...dahhhm. That's a little heavy on the cholesterol. BTW... McDonald's double filet-o-fish sandwhich is the bomb-diggidy! YUUUUUUUUMMMM! :lol:

Shawn
06-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Curry chicken (of course!)
Kung Pao chicken
Spinach curry chicken
BBQ Steaks

Curry chicken...mmm

I make a mean curried chicken salad.

Precooked chicken breast
Granny Smith Apple
Pear
Grapes
I candy my own Pecans
Mayo
touch of honey dijon
Curry
Garam Masala
Honey
Lemon juice

If I say so myself...it's magnificant if you like Indian-American fusion.

Shawn
06-04-2008, 09:39 PM
-Tiramasu
-Crab Bisque
-Creme Brulee
-Taco Bell Nacho Supreme
-Champs Walnut Chicken
-Chicken Korma

Good thing you're a physician because...dahhhm. That's a little heavy on the cholesterol. BTW... McDonald's double filet-o-fish sandwhich is the bomb-diggidy! YUUUUUUUUMMMM! :lol:

Yeah...unfortunately my cholesterol last time I checked was 270...ouch. Put myself on Niacin...not a big statin (ie Lipitor) fan. We shall see in next time I check if it helped. :)

BTW: There is alot of current literature about how little cholesterol in our diet plays a role in our total cholesterol levels. Well...at least this is the stuff I read when I'm eating a pizza. :lol:

Iron Shiek
06-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Holy cow. You said Tiramisu. Awesome!!

I can't believe I left out deserts when I listed some foods I liked. I have the biggest sweet tooth. I had to put it under control though a bit. Lost like 30 lbs a couple years ago and have maintained. So I still partake in the goodies now.

Shawn
06-04-2008, 10:10 PM

I can't believe I left out deserts when I listed some foods I liked. I have the biggest sweet tooth. I had to put it under control though a bit. Lost like 30 lbs a couple years ago and have maintained. So I still partake in the goodies now.

Yea, I'm a sweet freak. I love Tiramisu...the coffee, lady fingers etc etc just so good. Creme Brulee is a very close second. I love any type of custard. Flan is also up there.

AngryAsian
06-04-2008, 10:16 PM

Yea, I'm a sweet freak. I love Tiramisu...the coffee, lady fingers etc etc just so good. Creme Brulee is a very close second. I love any type of custard. Flan is also up there.

Never used to be a sweet tooth, but lately I just haven't had the will power to say no to the sweets. As of late its been Key lime cheesecake. Talk about some good eats. And I can devour ice cream. Once I ate a whole half gallon container of Breyers praline almond crunch.... in one sitting. :shock:

Shawn
06-04-2008, 11:07 PM

Never used to be a sweet tooth, but lately I just haven't had the will power to say no to the sweets. As of late its been Key lime cheesecake. Talk about some good eats. And I can devour ice cream. Once I ate a whole half gallon container of Breyers praline almond crunch.... in one sitting. :shock:

I'm a big ice cream guy...oreo, butter pecan, whatever...but let me tell you. The best ice cream I have ever eaten is at Handels in the East Cleveland Warrenish Ohio area. It was listed by US Today as one of the top 10 places you have to visit in the US. I don't know about all that but the ice cream is off the charts.

birtikidis
06-04-2008, 11:15 PM
gyros
souvlaki
bachlava
wings
Asian women in catholic school girl outfits.

AngryAsian
06-04-2008, 11:20 PM
gyros
souvlaki
bachlava
wings
Asian women in catholic school girl outfits.

I never put it together.... you're Greek in lineage aren't you. I should of known... growing up here in Florida, we have a huge Greek community. Talk about some good eats.... except for gyros... never got into them. As for the asian women in catholic school girl outfits.... it's been almost 20 years since I've sample that delicacy. :lol:

birtikidis
06-04-2008, 11:25 PM
yes sir family is from Samos. been in florida for about 4 years born in PA tho...
i try to make sure most of my female friends are asian!
:lol:

AngryAsian
06-04-2008, 11:27 PM
yes sir family is from Samos. been in florida for about 4 years born in PA tho...
i try to make sure most of my female friends are asian!
:lol:

Where in Florida? I'm in Daytona Beach.

birtikidis
06-04-2008, 11:33 PM
i'm in gainesville. i head to daytona pretty regular. love it there. about 3/4 of the reason i moved to fl.

AngryAsian
06-04-2008, 11:36 PM
i'm in gainesville. i head to daytona pretty regular. love it there. about 3/4 of the reason i moved to fl.

Bro, this season we have to get together in Daytona for a game. There are several Steeler watering holes that have nothing but wall to wall black and gold enthusiasts. I'm not much of a drinker anymore, but I'll down some wings with ya.... maybe even an asian catholic school girl.... I'll have to get a note from the wife for that one. :lol:

birtikidis
06-04-2008, 11:41 PM
sounds good to me. gives me another excuse to come to daytona! as if i need one! i think we actually have a game at Father Lopez down there this year too...

AngryAsian
06-04-2008, 11:47 PM
sounds good to me. gives me another excuse to come to daytona! as if i need one! i think we actually have a game at Father Lopez down there this year too...

You coach for a private high school?

birtikidis
06-04-2008, 11:57 PM
No it's a public school but we play alot of the smaller private schools. we're rebuilding.. perpetually...

mshifko
06-05-2008, 07:00 PM
grandma's and ma's homemade spaghetti or cavitelli with family recipe sauce...chuck steak...meatballs...

pizza- donatos, giovannis, papa john's, pizza hut pan
macaroni and cheese
cheeseburgers
french fries
bbq ribs
hash browns
oreo's
dairy queen soft serve

Shawn
06-05-2008, 07:27 PM
grandma's and ma's homemade spaghetti or cavitelli with family recipe sauce...chuck steak...meatballs...

macaroni and cheese
cheeseburgers
french fries
bbq ribs
hash browns
oreo's
dairy queen soft serve

Yup yup Donatos is the schiznit. Have you had the Big Don Italian? mmmm

Les 74
06-05-2008, 07:48 PM

macaroni and cheese
cheeseburgers
french fries
bbq ribs
hash browns
oreo's
dairy queen soft serve

Ok,I'm gonna assume that Donato's is a pizza joint.They don't have any around here.Are they like Pizza Hut??

Shawn
06-05-2008, 08:23 PM

macaroni and cheese
cheeseburgers
french fries
bbq ribs
hash browns
oreo's
dairy queen soft serve

Ok,I'm gonna assume that Donato's is a pizza joint.They don't have any around here.Are they like Pizza Hut??

They are a franchise but certainly nothing like Nasty Hut. Think thin crispy, tons of cheese crispy pepperoni...high quality pizza. Expensive pizza actually but well worth it. It's my second favorite pizza joint. My first is a mom and pop shop in Bellefontaine, Ohio called Vicarrios. They have this sweet pizza sauce that is legendary good. Dayum I'm hungry.

Les 74
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM

macaroni and cheese
cheeseburgers
french fries
bbq ribs
hash browns
oreo's
dairy queen soft serve

They are a franchise but certainly nothing like Nasty Hut. Think thin crispy, tons of cheese crispy pepperoni...high quality pizza. Expensive pizza actually but well worth it. It's my second favorite pizza joint. My first is a mom and pop shop in Bellefontaine, Ohio called Vicarrios. They have this sweet pizza sauce that is legendary good. Dayum I'm hungry.

Mom and pop places are always the best.We have lots around here.I don't think Pizza Hut is all that terrible.Its certainly bettr than Papa John's or (ugh)Domino's.I'll make sure to check out Donato's if I ever come across one.Thanks,Shawn.

Shawn
06-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Our Pizza Hut here is aweful. I grew up having that pan pizza forced down my throat...we ate it like once a week. I have never liked it. But, yea those mom and pop shops are the bomb.

mshifko
06-05-2008, 09:47 PM
SMG, i had that big don a while back...good stuff

i always get a large pepperoni, thin crust...occassionally i get their "thick" crust, it's good and it has a sweet sauce

Shawn
06-05-2008, 09:56 PM

i always get a large pepperoni, thin crust...occassionally i get their "thick" crust, it's good and it has a sweet sauce

Yea that Big Don is so good. I also get that thin pepperoni...100 pepperonis? I mean thats alot of meat. And those pepperonis are so crispy. I love their sausage green olive also. Very good.

mshifko
06-05-2008, 10:06 PM

Yea that Big Don is so good. I also get that thin pepperoni...100 pepperonis? I mean thats alot of meat. And those pepperonis are so crispy. I love their sausage green olive also. Very good.

yeah they load on the pepperoni's, which is why they are so good...plus with the thin crust, you don't feel like passing out after you eat

Jigawatts
06-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Anyone remember when Little Caesars had Pizza Pizza and Pizza Hut came
out with the Big Foot. Ah, the pizza wars of mid 90's. Good times, good times.

I'm not a huge Little Caesars fan, but I wish there was one around here so I
can have a taste of the past.

Pizza Hut is like Seinfeld's girlfriend that looks either really good or really
bad in certain light. It's great if you dine in, but it's an inedible greasy mess
if you carry out.

I've heard of Donatos, but I don't think I've ever had it. I'll have to give it
a try next time I see one.

Les 74
06-06-2008, 07:49 AM

bad in certain light. It's great if you dine in, but it's an inedible greasy mess
if you carry out.

I remember Little Caeser's,jig.That was good stuff.Wish they were still around here.

RuthlessBurgher
06-06-2008, 08:37 AM

if you carry out.

I remember Little Caeser's,jig.That was good stuff.Wish they were still around here.

Little Caesar's is owned by the same guy that owns the Red Wings. During the Stanley Cup Finals, a reporter asked Sykora how they made it through that 3 OT marathon in game 5. He said that they had pizza delivered...Domino's. Good line. :lol:

RussBII
06-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I think its funny how you wind up liking truly awful food just cuz you ate it as a kid. I love Little Caesar's pizza, but will fully admit that it is the crappiest of the crap. Every freaking pizza party in my youth involved seeing how much Little Caesar's you could eat. Do they still have Crazy Bread? There's one down the road from me, i might have to go.... All mass produced pizza is nowhere near as good as a mom and pop place.

If ANYONE is near Washington, PA, go hit Osso's off of Jefferson Avenue. Square delicious pizza, its a WashPa staple.

I can't even come close to naming my favorite foods, i like too much, but here's a short list of things i love:

Almost all Mediterranean cuisine. Anything w/ tzadziki sauce is good in my book. This includes gyros... god i love em.
Momma's pasta sauce.
Perfect prime rib (altho I might need some of those supplements that AA mentioend).
Teriyaki Wings. I love hot wings, but good Teriyaki wings make me wanna cry with happiness.
All "ethnic" cold cuts, capicola, mortadella, prosciuto, corned beef, pastrami, brisket. Get me anywhere near a jewish or italian deli and i'm a happy happy man.
Any and all italian cheeses.

God it keeps going and going.... chinese food, japanese food, sushi, thai, mexican food ARGH!!! sooo hungry....

calmkiller
06-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Yan Dogs (from Fairmont WV)
Buffalo Chicken
Hamburger and Fries
Pizza (toppings pending)
Lasagna (from Murials in Fairmont WV)
BBQ Ribs
Salad with Chicken Strips.
Ham Cheese and Fresh Tomato sandwich.
Tacos
KFC
CHEESE!!!

NKySteeler
06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Buffalo Chicken
Hamburger and Fries
Pizza (toppings pending)
BBQ Ribs
Tacos
KFC
CHEESE!!!

...What?!..... No "wings ole"?.......... :P

Les 74
06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Buffalo Chicken
Hamburger and Fries
Pizza (toppings pending)
BBQ Ribs
Tacos
KFC
CHEESE!!!

I'm afraid to ask what a "Yan Dog" is.Especially since its from WV. :wink: :lol:

NKySteeler
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
If ANYONE is near Washington, PA, go hit Osso's off of Jefferson Avenue. Square delicious pizza, its a WashPa staple.

...Been there... My dad used to own a pharmacy off of Jefferson Ave.... :wink:

RussBII
06-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Nice! What pharmacy? I'm WashPa born and bred (altho i left when i was 16 so i probably won't remember the pharmacy anyway...)

I would kill for a box of Osso's right now.

NKySteeler
06-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Nice! What pharmacy? I'm WashPa born and bred (altho i left when i was 16 so i probably won't remember the pharmacy anyway...)

Boyds' Pharmacy... Just south of I-70 on Jefferson Ave, and next to the Jessop Club (don't think/know if it is still there or not...).

AngryAsian
06-06-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm afraid to ask what a "Yan Dog" is.Especially since its from WV. :wink: :lol:

NKy's prep before a tailgate last year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus/Theriogenology-5361/_private/dog--w19.gif

NKySteeler
06-06-2008, 04:40 PM

...How did you get that picture..... You told me you were holding it's head so it wouldn't kick me!!!... :evil: :wink:

AngryAsian
06-06-2008, 05:05 PM

...How did you get that picture..... You told me you were holding it's head so it wouldn't kick me!!!... :evil: :wink:

I know when I requested Hot Dogs, you thought that it was the Asian Version. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
06-06-2008, 06:40 PM

D........A........M........N!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
06-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Y'all are some sick MFr's. :lol:

AngryAsian
06-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Y'all are some sick MFr's. :lol:

I'm glad we're not spreading these pollutants on the Steeler part of the board.... and it is the offseason.

NKySteeler
06-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I know when I requested Hot Dogs, you thought that it was the Asian Version. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hot dogs are "old school" my friend.... Go bratwurst!......

In your "old age", you should have acquired this wisdom... Nice shirt, BTW.... :o :lol: j/k

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5804/17341196351331kd8.jpg

AngryAsian
06-09-2008, 06:22 AM

In your "old age", you should have acquired this wisdom... Nice shirt, BTW.... :o :lol: j/k

Do you just carry the TT around town in hopes you'd find one of the three Asian people in Kentucky so you can get a picture? :lol: :lol:

Steelworth
06-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Ah, food, one of my favorite subjects.

Made a Milanese Risotto for the first time last night that was really good. Trying to sound like I truly know how to cook aside (reading directions and getting the right measurements isn't so hard after all :P), on to some things I like:

Pizza
Bratwurst
Pierogi
Tostadas (homemade)
Chili
Any type of breakfast food (banana pancakes, nutella covered french toast, eggs any style and ham or bacon), breakfast burritos (homemade) and one last one, something I devised after a little trial and error that tastes out of this world:

On an egg bagel (slightly toasted),
Cream cheese
Red onion (or scallions)
1 Egg (preferably over-medium)
2 Tomato slices
1 Sausage patty
1 Potato pancake
2 Bacon slices (optional)

May sound like a lot to put on and messy, but if you slice some of this stuff in halves (sausage and potato pancake mainly) and try to cover it on the bagel evenly, and let the cream cheese on both sides of the bagel keep it all together, it IS TASTY! I originally thought a slice of cheese would be really good too on it, but the cream cheese is more than enough.

Angel hair pasta and marinara
Spanish rice and black beans
Steaks, chicken, briskets, roasts
Grilled shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp salad (Bubba was the man)
Inside-Out cheeseburgers

For any avid grillers/burger lovers, if you haven't already, try making an inside-out cheeseburger. Simply halve the burger patty you'd normally use, top the one with the cheese (also any mushrooms, onions etc.), then top and crease with the other halve and just grill it up, man it's easy, not messy and good. I tried one with bleu cheese crumbles and bacon bits inside on the last one, wow!

Iron Shiek
06-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Holy crap Steelworth!!! Its 946 am and I am now officially starving already (having eaten breakfast an hour ago). Seriously, nice descriptions, I think I might try the inside out cheesburgers. One idea to spice it up: douse the inside with some cajun spice...that would keep the flavor inside rather than putting the spice on the outside and losing half of it in the grilling process. Sounds like a winner.

Wow, my stomach is growling now.

BIG FAN
06-09-2008, 12:34 PM

Osso's is GREAT STUFF.
I'm from Wash Pa. as well and grew up on it.
We used to get a lot of pizza from Hill House up on Park Ave. too.
Only one piece of pepperoni per slice, but it was damn good when I was younger and at home watching Chiller Theater late Sat. nights.

Steelworth
06-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Holy crap Steelworth!!! Its 946 am and I am now officially starving already (having eaten breakfast an hour ago). Seriously, nice descriptions, I think I might try the inside out cheesburgers. One idea to spice it up: douse the inside with some cajun spice...that would keep the flavor inside rather than putting the spice on the outside and losing half of it in the grilling process. Sounds like a winner.

Wow, my stomach is growling now.

There you go. That's the great thing about those cheeseburgers, you can try and conjure up different things for them and they all pretty much taste good. Yeah try it one of these days.

I haven't tried cajun spice on one yet, I might have to though. I've mainly stuck to marinating the ground beef in worcestershire and a french onion soup seasoning. Thing about marinating ground beef for me, it can be a pain because sometimes liquid marinade will make it fall apart, or if you use something with too much salt (especially if you let it sit) it will extract the juice from the meat and make it too dry when you cook it.

Man, my stomach is growling now too thinking about burgers.

Steelworth
06-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Anybody here Erie natives or have tried Pepperoni balls?

NKySteeler
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM
worth, I've also been doing those burgers for years!.... Love 'em with fresh mushrooms, swiss, and bacon! ...I tried 'em once with american cheese, but for some reason it melted funny and wasn't too good (could have just been the brand of cheese)... I'll also mix in a little lemmon pepper seasoning, soy sauce, and worcestershire into the meat before forming the patties... :P

NKySteeler
06-09-2008, 11:49 PM

Do you just carry the TT around town in hopes you'd find one of the three Asian people in Kentucky so you can get a picture? :lol: :lol:

Don't all Steeler fans carry the Terrible Towel with them at all times? At least give me some creative credit with a pre-meditated plan!... :wft :tt1
...Besides, I need pics of "Hines Wards' brother" to show people..... :o :lol:
(inside joke to some, my apologies...)

Besides, you'll never know when the Terrible Towel or a camera will come in handy! You know me brother!!! :twisted: .........

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4636/17341194579779es7.jpg