PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Live Music Performances

Steelworth
06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
So there's a ton of good music being listed in here as favorites, which of these artists/bands have you seen live that just blew you away? Or anyone else (small shows, big line-ups etc.) or even maybe just someone you'd really like to see but haven't gotten to? BTW, can you post youtubes here?

Just off the top of my head, Pearl Jam at San Diego Sports Arena in June 2003 was incredible! They are so good live anyways, and Eddie Vedder has a fondness for San Diego and that particular venue (I think) so it was a special night.

Getting ready to see Radiohead in August at the Hollywood Bowl and am really looking forward to that one.

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Jimmy Buffett at Star Lake Ampitheater (old name) in Pgh back around '92 or '93... Thunderstorms moved thru the area shortly before the start of the show, and lightning hit the power transformers... Everything was dark. Bathrooms. Vendors. He pulled portable generators out to power the mics' and did an acoustical show...

Pink Floyd in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ back around '87 or '88... Man, I just don't know where to start on this one!.... The giant flying pig!..... The colors!.... The laser effects! :lol: :wink:

Steelworth
06-02-2008, 06:19 PM
You saw Pink Floyd!? I'm jealous. Man, that was one show I wish I was born a little eariler to have been able to see (I'm 31). And Jimmy Buffett, I wasn't a huge fan but I just saw him last year because a guy who worked next door to us went on and on about his shows and had a couple extra tickets. The entire crowd was drunk out of their minds and a lot of fun.

My boss saw Floyd too, twice, and he gives me a hard time about it.

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 06:39 PM
worth, I've seen Buffett at least 20-25 times live (it's the only live show I really go to every year nowadays...). Each one is different, and has it's own hi-points.... Yes, I am a Parrothead!.... :lol:

...Saw Floyd while I was living in Prescott back in the late '80s, and it was definitely one helluva show... But then again, I was in my "prime" then... :wink:

...I sort of "pimped" myself out back then... I dated a gal that worked in the ticket office for the sole reason of getting concert tix... nothing else.... :lol:
...Saw Floyd, Guns & Roses, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, and alot of others that I barely remember..... :lol:

costanza2k1
06-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I plan to catch my first concert this year sometime...don't know who or where but I will. Yup I'm 35 years old and have never seen a live concert, spent most of my time working 2 jobs or in the fields to educate myself...hard work has paid off.

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Man, you young guys..... :? .... I'm pushing "the closer side of 50" now..... :?

....Good decision stanza.... Now pick a good one to pop that cherry! :wink:

Les 74
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I plan to catch my first concert this year sometime...don't know who or where but I will. Yup I'm 35 years old and have never seen a live concert, spent most of my time working 2 jobs or in the fields to educate myself...hard work has paid off.

You aren't alone on that boat,costanza.I'm 33 and have never been to a single concert and at this point in my life,I probably never will.

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I've been to 100+ shows easy and it's impossible for me to narrow it down. Every show I go to is special or unique in some way. Most of the artists' shows I've been to I've seen more than once...with the exception of a few. Seems I'm never disappointed.

Just to name a few...Pink Floyd at Camp Randall Stadium in a pouring rain. The Who twice...for the 25th anniversary of Tommy AND for the 25th anniversary of Quadrophenia. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck trading solos at the Milwaukee Arena. Blues Traveler jamming for over 4 hours at the Rave in Milwaukee. A bill of Dave Matthews and Big Head Todd and the Monsters for $25 in 1994 before DMB blew up. Buddy Guy at Summerfest in Milwaukee...coming out into the crowd and eventually stopping in front of a quadriplegic man in the audience...then using the guy's finger to gently pick his guitar. The Allman Brothers before they kicked out Dickey Betts.

But I guess I'd have to say the one nearest and dearest to my heart was Stevie Ray Vaughan's last show at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, WI...right near Madison. Such a great show put on by Eric Clapton, Robert Cray and SRV...along with all the guest musicians. Jimmie Vaughan and Buddy Guy jamming along with them. 7 guitar players on stage and each taking a solo during Sweet Home Chicago...the last song Stevie ever played. :(

Coincidentally, the helicopter that crashed was headed back to Chicago...they were all staying in Chicago and were heading back for a jam at Buddy's bar (Legends) before calling it a night.

RIP Stevie.

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
I've been to 100+ shows easy and it's impossible for me to narrow it down. Every show I go to is special or unique in some way. Most of the artists' shows I've been to I've seen more than once...with the exception of a few. Seems I'm never disappointed.

Just to name a few...Pink Floyd at Camp Randall Stadium in a pouring rain. The Who twice...for the 25th anniversary of Tommy AND for the 25th anniversary of Quadrophenia. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jeff Beck trading solos at the Milwaukee Arena. Blues Traveler jamming for over 4 hours at the Rave in Milwaukee. A bill of Dave Matthews and Big Head Todd and the Monsters for $25 in 1994 before DMB blew up. Buddy Guy at Summerfest in Milwaukee...coming out into the crowd and eventually stopping in front of a quadriplegic man in the audience...then using the guy's finger to gently pick his guitar. The Allman Brothers before they kicked out Dickey Betts.

But I guess I'd have to say the one nearest and dearest to my heart was Stevie Ray Vaughan's last show at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, WI...right near Madison. Such a great show put on by Eric Clapton, Robert Cray and SRV...along with all the guest musicians. Jimmie Vaughan and Buddy Guy jamming along with them. 7 guitar players on stage and each taking a solo during Sweet Home Chicago...the last song Stevie ever played. :(

Coincidentally, the helicopter that crashed was headed back to Chicago...they were all staying in Chicago and were heading back for a jam at Buddy's bar (Legends) before calling it a night.

RIP Stevie.

I remember that.... Wasn't his brother supposed to be on there as well, but backed out at the last minute?....

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM

RIP Stevie.

I remember that.... Wasn't his brother supposed to be on there as well, but backed out at the last minute?....

I've heard that, but no way to know for sure. It's one of those "unless you were there you don't really know" deals. You know what I mean?

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I've heard that, but no way to know for sure. It's one of those "unless you were there you don't really know" deals. You know what I mean?

Yea, rumors are rampant..... I was going thru a Burger King drive-thru (while living in Daytona Beach) when I heard the news about the crash... Strange how you remember certain things...

eniparadoxgma
06-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I saw a bunch of local music when workin at Lynagh's Pub downtown Lexington.

Saw 1997 Smokin Grooves tour, Roots opening, Eryka Baduh (sp), Outkast, Cypress Hill, and George Clinton and P-Funk.

That one and Roger Waters - In the Flesh tour at Riverbend were probably my favorites.

I've also seen Megadeth, Testament, STP, and Judas Priest together.

I've seen Obituary, Death, Cannibal Corpse...the Death show was cool because I got to talk to Chuck about teaching him how to read music (RIP).

Saw Government Mule.

Used to dig this band Heavy Weather that came through Lexington...

Ozey74
06-02-2008, 11:24 PM

RIP Stevie.

Wow! I recall that era, was it 91/92'? I was a junior or senior in HS and the guy that I carpooled with was a guitar player and adored SRV. Our ride to school that morning was very emotional for him. I'll never forget that morning with him.

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
8/27/90

Ozey74
06-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I have been to many shows in the past 20 years. The shows that stick out to me are the ones with the smallest crowds (2500 or less): Black Crowes (circa 97), Saliva (last Feb).

But one show (80,000+) that will always stick out is the Summer Sanitarium Tour w/Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock, & System of a Down @ Sparta Speedway in KY that happened the summer of 2000. Hetfield was in a boating accident a few days before the show and unable to perform. So, people from the other bands on the bill filled with the rest of Metallica during their set. For instanst, J. Davis from Korn sang "One", Kid Rock sang "Sad But True" and led an all star version of "Jumpin Jack Flash" by the Stones. It's ashame that the true Metallica were not able to perform, but the impromptu show that I saw was a once in a life time experience. There are some clips of this show on YouTube that I check out from time to time.

birtikidis
06-03-2008, 12:37 AM
ozzfest 97 at star lake in pittsburgh first time ozzy was back with sabbath. pantera was co headliner. skipped my high school graduation to go. was worth it.

motter1975
06-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Man, you young guys..... :? .... I'm pushing "the closer side of 50" now..... :?

So, A Pirate Looks at 50??

Never woulda guessed you were a Parrothead from your avatar...

Gotta say, Buffett has put on the best concerts I've seen...ever. I've gotten to see him 4 times, once at Starlake, and 3 times at the Va Beach ampitheater. And you're right, each one is different, and all an experience unto themselves.

Then again, I'm a Parrothead from the womb. My Mom's whole family is. Something about his music always puts me in a better frame of mind. In fact, when I was going through my obnoxious teenage years, Mom would put on some Jimmy just to put me in a better mood. Worked every time!

The other concerts I've seen that I've been impressed with...
Billy Joel (first concert I ever went to, when I was 15, shortly before my first Buffett show) at Star Lake
Rod Stewart
Toby Keith (seen him 3 times now, and he puts on a good show every time)
Rascall Flats

And surprisingly, Styx. I've seen them a bunch of times, as my fiance is a big fan, and actually went to high school with them, not that he know them now or anything, so we make a point to go see them whenever they come to town. They still sound good (a lot of that's 'cause it's mostly not the original members), and I always have a great time at the show.

Ghost
06-03-2008, 04:21 PM
1986 Saw the Ramones in the basement of the Syria Mosque in Pgh (sadly not there anymore). Out of hand fun!! Got tossed around in the pit.

Saw The Replacements when they opened up for Tom Petty. They were notorious for how drunk they got before and during live shows. By the end they were slurring the words and barely able to play. Drunkest I ever saw a band.

Dual headlining show with Joe Cocker and Stevie Ray Vaughn both playing full sets.

Lallapalloza 4 (1994) - The Smashing Pumpkins, Beastie Boys, and George Clinton & the P-Funk All Stars.

U2 two months after 9-11. Stripped down show where there was nothing but them and a stage. Played tons of the old music and at the end finished with 2 movie sized screens with all of the names that perished. Very moving.

NKySteeler
06-03-2008, 07:49 PM

So, A Pirate Looks at 50??

Never woulda guessed you were a Parrothead from your avatar...

Gotta say, Buffett has put on the best concerts I've seen...ever. I've gotten to see him 4 times, once at Starlake, and 3 times at the Va Beach ampitheater. And you're right, each one is different, and all an experience unto themselves.

Then again, I'm a Parrothead from the womb. My Mom's whole family is. Something about his music always puts me in a better frame of mind. In fact, when I was going through my obnoxious teenage years, Mom would put on some Jimmy just to put me in a better mood. Worked every time!

I should incorporate that line somehow!..... :lol: (it was also a great book, BTW...) Glad to know there's more of us on here!... :wink:

Iron Shiek
06-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I haven't seen much live music, but I get chills watchin Dave Matthews Band. Been to about 4 or 5 shows now, and it just gets better everytime. The radio does them no justice, they are made to play live, and the show is amazing. Seen em in Columbus several times and Cleveland once. I've got a lot of their live shows downloaded as well from a sharing site devoted to DMB. Really good stuff.

SteelHoss
06-06-2008, 11:02 PM
OK guys I got some for you. My favorite concert of all time is David Bowie, 1974, Pgh Syria Mosque. I still have the ticket stub. :D
(Outdoor) Taj Mahal and others, One World Festival Of Music, Pitt Stadium, 1973?
Jefferson Starship, Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks= Hot) Pgh Civic Arena, 1974 (I think)
The Moody Blues, Pgh Civic Arena, 1973
Joe Cocker, Pgh Civic Arena, 1972
(Outdoor) Three Dog Night & others, Three Rivers Stadium, 1973
Bob Seger, San Diego CA, 1978
(Outdoor) Cal Jam II, Ontario CA. 1978 (featuring Heart I think? & an all-star line-up )
Heart, San Diego, CA, 1978 (I was in love with the Wilson sisters of Heart...HOT) :D
Prince tour, Prince, Vanity, Morris Day (Time), San Diego, CA, 1982
My last concert was Marvin Gaye, (Sexual Healing tour) Golden Hall, San Diego, CA, around '82 or '83. It was Marvin's last tour before he was killed.

There was also an outdoor concert in WV at a great site near the Race Track in Chester that headlined Peter Frampton, Black Oak Arkansas and others. That had to be around '72. I remember seeing Frampton, but I had too much wine and passed out. Oh well. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-07-2008, 01:49 AM
A local radio station had a concert that whoever wore the coolest homemade Aerosmith shirt to the show would be upgraded to front row seats. My wife made an awesome version of this

http://www.amadeusrock.com.ar/images/parche-espalda-aerosmith.jpg

on the front, and I wrote a story about how happy we'd be to get to the front row containing the words "Crazy," "Amazing," "Cryin'," "Pink," "Angel," etc. all highlighted throughout (it was pretty easy, since the band gave me a lot of simple song titles to work with).

I was close enough to actually be able to see each song's lyrics and the overall set list as they were shown on Steven Tyler's teleprompter which was facing away from the crowd.

Also, my wife knew some guy who worked for a local radio station that was able to score us backstage passes for Van Halen before the show. They rushed us through like cattle to take pictures so we couldn't hang out for anything (it was funny how they warned us not to use a strong handshake grip on Eddie's guitar hand). It is cool having a picture of my wife and I (we were only dating at the time) with Eddie, Alex, and Michael Anthony. The only downside? It happened to be during that awful period in which the dude from Extreme took over for Sammy Hagar. Ugh.

stlrz d
06-07-2008, 10:52 AM
OK guys I got some for you. My favorite concert of all time is David Bowie, 1974, Pgh Syria Mosque. I still have the ticket stub. :D
(Outdoor) Taj Mahal and others, One World Festival Of Music, Pitt Stadium, 1973?
Jefferson Starship, Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks= Hot) Pgh Civic Arena, 1974 (I think)
(Outdoor) Cal Jam II, Ontario CA. 1978 (featuring Heart I think? & an all-star line-up )
Heart, San Diego, CA, 1978 (I was in love with the Wilson sisters of Heart...HOT) :D
My last concert was Marvin Gaye, (Sexual Healing tour) Golden Hall, San Diego, CA, around '82 or '83. It was Marvin's last tour before he was killed.

There was also an outdoor concert in WV at a great site near the Race Track in Chester that headlined Peter Frampton, Black Oak Arkansas and others. That had to be around '72. I remember seeing Frampton, but I had too much wine and passed out. Oh well. :lol:

You have been to some very cool shows.

SteelHoss
06-07-2008, 09:52 PM

You have been to some very cool shows.

Yes. I used to Rock it out back in the day. In 1969 a buddy of mine asked me to drive a group of us to an outdoor music festival in New York. I had just bought my 1st brand new car ('69 Roadrunner) and the group felt it would be a good move to avoid a breakdown. I changed my mind a day or two before we were supposed to leave. Of course, that show was "Woodstock." They went anyway and I've been kicking myself ever since. :HeadBanger

stlrz d
06-07-2008, 11:09 PM
My mom and dad wanted to drive from L.A. to New York to attend Woodstock...neither set of grandparents would agree to watch me while they went.

MeetJoeGreene
06-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I saw Scorpions, AC/DC, and Ted Nugent in 9th grade in the Burgh at the Civic Arena. Friggin Awesome!!!

Also Buffet/Little Feat at Merriweather outside of DC.

I just saw The Who last year -- not a great show but I had 4th row seats which made it incredible -- being that close.

I saw the Dead on one of their last tours. That was good.

Billy Joel/Elton John - in RFK in DC. Also really good.

And Brittany Spears was HOT. (just kiddin 'bout that one) :Boobs

ColumbusSteelerFan
06-08-2008, 01:30 PM
ozzfest 97 at star lake in pittsburgh first time ozzy was back with sabbath. pantera was co headliner. skipped my high school graduation to go. was worth it.

I was at this show as well. Went with friends of mine that ended up in my wedding five years later. A few cases of beer and the death of a portable grill later, we finally saw the Sabs with Ozzy. I was disappointed that Bill Ward wasn't back with them, but at least he did come back a few years later. Third time seeing Type O Negative as well. Hard to believe that was 11 years ago!

Other shows - Van Halen with Dave in Columbus this year (finally!), Clash of the Titans, Buffalo, NY 1991 (Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and some unknown band called Alice in Chains), King Crimson who knows how many times since 1995, Sabbath with Dio in Cleveland last year, Death in 1993 (City Limits, anyone remember that place?) and 1998, Donnie Iris at least six times, Yngwie in Cleveland in 2004, there's a lot of them. Still kicking myself for missing Coroner and Nuclear Assault in 1991 when I had the chance. Have to go through the list again at some point.

AngryAsian
06-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Lalapalooza I in 1991: Some great bands with great performances. Notably great were Siouxsie and the Banshees, Rollins Band, Violent Femmes and of course the headliners.... Janes Addiction. But all were outshined by Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails. Phenomenal.

Steelworth
06-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Some great live shows seen here (stlrz d, wow). I wish I would've been better about going to shows in my younger days. The girlfriend loves to go to shows though so we're going to see everything we can nowadays.

Lollapalooza 4 was one to remember for me (The Smashing Pumpkins).

stlrz d
06-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Some great live shows seen here (stlrz d, wow). I wish I would've been better about going to shows in my younger days. The girlfriend loves to go to shows though so we're going to see everything we can nowadays.

Lollapalooza 4 was one to remember for me (The Smashing Pumpkins).

Thanks man...I got more but didn't wanna bust out all the ticket stubs (yes, I keep them all) and just post a list.

Front row for Neil Young on the Ragged Glory tour was pretty cool too.

Steelworth
06-09-2008, 07:48 AM
I keep my ticket stubs too :Beer

Yeah 100 + shows and just a partial list of the legendary bands you've seen, great stuff.

stlrz d
06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I keep my ticket stubs too :Beer

Yeah 100 + shows and just a partial list of the legendary bands you've seen, great stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is the PERFECT use of that smilie!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BIG FAN
06-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Seen a lot. This one stands out,

Eric Clapton and Santana in Pittsburgh. (early 70's) Santana came out wowed us all, the roof was open, then Clapton came out and jammed, and when they were starting to play " Let it rain" it did , and they started to close the roof and the band stopped and told them to keep it open. They quit closing the roof and the band played on, but when they were done and everyone was hooting and hollering, they came back and Santana was with them! Then we all got a lesson in the blues by two masters! One of my first concerts, one of the best.

buckeyehoppy
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
NKy: I'll deal with you in a separate post! :wink:

I've seen a butt load of shows over my time. Some of the highlights include:

Pat Metheny a dozen times. Even if you aren't into jazz, Pat delivers the goods. He is the Remy Martin Louis XIII of guitarists and his shows are matchless, two and a half hour walls of sound. As Francois said in the movie "'Round Midnight": "He played like a god!" He plays in smaller groups nowadays: trios in smaller halls like the Manchester Crafsmans Guild. But he is sure to be out again with his group and this is when he's at his best. The first time I saw him was the most memorable: my 22nd birthday in the first row at the Nautica Stage in Cleveland. "He played like a god!" was an understatement. I seen him a few times here in Cleveland but have also traveled to Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Buffalo and Chicago for shows. Metheny is awesome.

Pink Floyd at the old Cleveland Stadium in 1987. I was stoned out of my mind, but there may be no better way to experience the depth of Pink Floyd. They were touring in support of "The Division Bell" and the first portion of the show was run of the mill. Then, they broke out with the classics and the show became legendary. It was the best show I saw at the "old brickyard" as I now call it.

The Who, 1982, at the Igloo. I was 17 at the time and a couple of my buddies and me spent $45 each for a ticket and a bus trip. Might be the best 45 clams I coughed up for a concert. David Johansen was the opening act. It was the so-called "final tour" for The Who, but it was the fifth show in that run. They were fresh, solid and on top of their game that night. I saw them a couple months later at the Richfield Coliseum on the same tour and it was the second to last show on the tour. They were road weary by the time that show happened and it was evident in their sound. That made the trip to the 'Burgh that much more valuable.

Junior Wells at Kingston Mines in 1994. I was in Chicago for Labor Day Weekend to attend the Chicago Jazz Festival and once the festival ended, I headed off to KM because I wanted to see the legend since I hadn't seen him play in Chicago on his home turf (I'd seen him a couple times as he passed through Cleveland). It was like a completely different show seeing him and his band play KM. Junior was "good" in Cleveland. He was a god at home. It would be the last time I'd see him live as he had stopped touring by then and he passed in 1998.

I've also had opportunities to see several bands as a perk of working at House of Blues. The best show I have seen was when Elvis Costello played our place in 2005. The best show I had wished I would have seen was Tom Waits. The show was announced five days before and was sold out within 15 minutes of announcement. Needless to say, I couldn't get tickets and we weren't comping any tickets so I missed out. Tom Waits is one of my musical heroes and is in the upper echelon of songwriters of all time for my money.

stlrz d
06-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Junior Wells at Kingston Mines...good one!

I've been to Kingston Mines (and also Buddy Guy's Legends) but I never saw no Junior Wells...outstanding!

buckeyehoppy
06-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Jimmy Buffett at Star Lake Ampitheater (old name) in Pgh back around '92 or '93... Thunderstorms moved thru the area shortly before the start of the show, and lightning hit the power transformers... Everything was dark. Bathrooms. Vendors. He pulled portable generators out to power the mics' and did an acoustical show...

Pink Floyd in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ back around '87 or '88... Man, I just don't know where to start on this one!.... The giant flying pig!..... The colors!.... The laser effects! :lol: :wink:

You probably saw Pink Floyd on "The Division Bell" tour like I did. The second half of that show is the stuff all stadium concerts should be about.

I like the Pink Floyd tribute band Wish You Were Here from here in Cleveland. I get to see them quite a bit here and they always have a great take on the music of Pink Floyd. One of the better tribute bands for any group anywhere.

Buffett: attended my first Buffett show last year at Star Lake (I don't give a $#!+ what Live Nation calls it now, it's Star Lake!). Will be attending my second Buffett show this year, at Star Lake.

My Ol' Lady has, more or less, converted me to Parrothead-ism. It's lots of fun and the people are cool to hang with. She became a Parrothead back in the 90s and attended several shows at Riverbend in Cincy (as, I am sure, you have attended several there as well).

Buffett is someone I was always really on the surface of. Then I had the chance to listen to a broader range of his recordings and on Radio Margaritaville. Buffett is a great songwriter and lyricist and really knows how to throw a party. Looking forward to seeing him again in a few weeks time.

buckeyehoppy
06-10-2008, 08:04 PM

I've been to Kingston Mines (and also Buddy Guy's Legends) but I never saw no Junior Wells...outstanding!

Kingston Mines is a great blues joint. Check out B.L.U.E.S. and B.L.U.E.S., Etc., too when in Chicago. I enjoyed myself at all three. Also liked Buddy Guy's place, the vibe there was very informal and always rocking.

Hands down, the best blues joint in Chicago is Rosa's in Spanish Harlem http://www.rosaslounge.com/. The place is a little off the beaten path, but the vibe is matchless. It's the home court for Billy Branch and the Sons of Blues and Billy is the reigning champion of the blues harp. If you ever have a chance to see this guy, stlrz d, see him. Billy Branch is the Real Deal. But Rosa's has the best and brightest blues talent from Chicago and around the country.

stlrz d
06-10-2008, 08:41 PM

Kingston Mines is a great blues joint. Check out B.L.U.E.S. and B.L.U.E.S., Etc., too when in Chicago. I enjoyed myself at all three. Also liked Buddy Guy's place, the vibe there was very informal and always rocking.

Hands down, the best blues joint in Chicago is Rosa's in Spanish Harlem http://www.rosaslounge.com/. The place is a little off the beaten path, but the vibe is matchless. It's the home court for Billy Branch and the Sons of Blues and Billy is the reigning champion of the blues harp. If you ever have a chance to see this guy, stlrz d, see him. Billy Branch is the Real Deal. But Rosa's has the best and brightest blues talent from Chicago and around the country.

Thanks for the info my friend!

I was at Legends on 2/8/03 for my birthday. Bought a copy of Sweet Tea on the spot and Buddy signed it for me. "Happy Birthday Dennis. 2/8/03".

Awesome!

Here's Buddy and me:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/buddyandme.jpg

Ozey74
06-10-2008, 08:55 PM
[quote="stlrz d":39wqn6o8]Junior Wells at Kingston Mines...good one!

Thanks for the info my friend!

I was at Legends on 2/8/03 for my birthday. Bought a copy of Sweet Tea on the spot and Buddy signed it for me. "Happy Birthday Dennis. 2/8/03".

Awesome!

Here's Buddy and me:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/buddyandme.jpg[/quote:39wqn6o8]

What's with the old school Bronco's shirt??

Just kiddin'. Awesome memory for you I'm sure.

stlrz d
06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Heh...actually it's just a generic old navy shirt. I never even thought of it that way!

Ozey74
06-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Heh...actually it's just a generic old navy shirt. I never even thought of it that way!

I have a black and orange collared shirt that is the same shade as the Bungles.

It's something I didn't think about until AFTER I bought it. :HeadBanger

It's a nice shirt. However, I never wear it during the season.