PDA

View Full Version : MY 2008 NFL QB RATINGS (surprise at #8)

Mr Smartmonies
06-02-2008, 03:17 PM
SmartMonies 2008
NFL QUARTERBACK RANKINGS

-NFL QUARTERBACK RANKINGS-

1.TOM BRADY
Spygate. Brady's #1 trait is his ability to read defenses quickly. They better keep him surrounded by Moss, Welker and that incredible offensive line. Won't be anymore SB wins with average talent in New England. Three SB wins = ***

2.PEYTON MANNING
Playoff failures after playoff failures. Plays in an air controlled environment with longtime speedy receivers to his left and right. Struggles versus 3-4 defenses. Accurate passer that has timing down with consistent receiving corps thru the years. Not a great improviser. Very quick reader of defense. Doesn't need to cheat to win.

3.BEN ROETHLISBERGER
Winner. Extremely high yards per pass career average. No stat aligns with winning games like yards per pass. Tough, Mobile, accurate thrower on the run. Heavily talented. Once everything is in place again, will be unable to deal with on a football field. Carried team on his back enroute to division title year ago. 32 TD passes breaks all time steelers mark for single season. 2nd highest QB Rating of all time thru 1st 50 games of career. 2nd to only Marino. most 4th qTR comebacks of any QB last 4 years. Roethlisberger, a certain magic still lingers with that very name.

4.TONY ROMO
Throws strikes downfield. Accurate passer. Great improviser. In retrospect, he looked better than any other QB that played giants last year in playoffs. Surrounded by great talent. completed 55 passes last year over 20 yards. Fun to watch play. Hot girlfriend.

5.CARSON PALMER
Great mechanics. Until game is on line. At Mid season in 2007, he was 2nd to last in the AFC in third down passing and 4th QTR passing.Improve the the third down passing, and the Bengals defense will be more fresh. Not a winner. One of the great all time fantasy football Quarterbacks. Can't carry team on his back like Manning did for many years. Has had extraordinary talent to work with. Bengals fan said it best. If you need someone for the punt pass and kick contest, Palmer is your guy. But if you need someone to win a game, take Roethlisberger.

6.JEFF GARCIA
Most valauble player in league last year. He averaged 7.5 yards per attempt. Not exactly surrounded by loads of talent. A gamer. Will do what it takes to win. A great mix of pass and run.

7.DONOVAN MCNAAB
Might be starting to slip a bit. But has been nearly a one man gang for his career. Team was never committed to building around him. Shame. One of the good guys who gets way too much blame. Eagles fans should be ashamed of themselves

8.AARON ROGERS
Surprise of the year. Poise. Poise. Poise. Could lead Packers to improbable SB. Improviser. Might not be another Bradshaw, but he's no dink and dunker either. Will outperform expectations of him. Bet on the Packers early and often this year before everyone catches on to it.

9.DREW BREES Leader. A guy you can win with. Yards per pass average slipped to under 7.0 last year. Lost his starting center. Throws too much. Needs a better Running game

10.MATT HASSLEBECK
Earned some respect last year in leading his team. Nice TD (28) to interception (12) ratio a year ago. Doesn't throw a great deep ball. Branch kind of going to waste. Systems QB. Somewhat overated. Poise is concern at biggest moments.

11.PHILLIP RIVERS
He gets better as game goes along. His passer rating in the first QTr is around 75. 3rd QTR is grows into the 90's. This is a sign that the Chargers are a run first team. Tomlinson wears on Teams in the 1st half and it opens up things for Rivers in 2nd half. He's an accurate short to mid range passer with little mobility. A bit of hot head. Needs to lay off opposing fans.

12.JAKE DELHOMME
Injuries held him back. Should bounce back and have good season. Very Competitive.

13.DAVID GARRARD
Great year. 3rd down passing and yards per attempt were impressive. Good Mobility. Tough. Perfect system with dominant running game. Teams stacked the box and forced Garrard to beat them. He did! True test comes this season when he faces move cover 2.

14.MARK BULGER
He is starting to take way to many hits. Throws great downfield ball. Moves offense in big chunks. Needs some semblance of Offensive line. Needs to get back the winning feeling

15.KURT WARNER
Wisenhunt really doesn't want to play Leinart. Warner is much more explosive. one of the all time highest Yards per attempt averages. Can come out firing early in game and get you a lead. Still throws an accurate ball downfield. Lack of mobility is downfall at this point in career. Has the strong mental makeup that Leinart lacks

16.ELI MANNING
Won SB. Great final Drive. But only 40% passer rating for first 3 QTRs of that game. Averaged nearly a yards higher per pass on the road then he did at home where they boo him. Got lucky in playoffs when his ducks were not being caught by the opposition. 6.3 yards per pass career average. good luck with that going forward.

17.DEREK ANDERSON
Lead Browns to 10 win season. Throws ball downfield. Makes Quick decisions. Struggled at end of season. Turning point was game in Pittsburgh. Built large 1st half lead. Only to watch Roethlisberger Put on show in 2nd half. Anderson only completed 1 pass in the entire 2nd half. Showed he wasn't ready.

18.MATT SCHAUB
Could have breakout season. Looked great until he lost Starting WR and RB last year. Throws the ball downfield. Needs to get ball into endzone. He might pleasantly surprise some people this year

19JAY CUTLER
Great Arm! Throws an absolutely beautiful football. Headcase. Never learned how to win in college. Having same problem in NFL. Needs to get a haircut.

20.JON KITNA
Aging QB who has been asked to do too much. tough competitor. Can't perform in the clutch
21.CHAD PENNINGTON
Cerebral. Good short to mid range passer. Little mobility and arm strength. you get the feeling he is one sack from being injured and out of league. Great leader. Can't carry team by himself

22.VINCE YOUNG
Not permitted to have any weapons. Still very talented.Winner. starting to lose confidence. idiots in front office just don't have a clue. Get this guy some help!

23.ALEX SMITH
Looks like huge mistake made by 49ers with #1 over all Pick.

24.REX GROSSMAN
I LMAO evertime I hear Bears coach say "rex is our QB." Chicago reminds me of Steelers in 1980's. Mark Malone = Rex Grossman.

25.TAVARIS JACKSON
Plays behind best O-line in the NFL. If Minnesota had a QB, they would win the SB.

26.SAGE ROSENFELS
This guy could be a player. We don't have enough information yet. wouldn't surprise me in the least if he doesn't garner some attention this year.

27.JASON CAMBELL
Average QB at best. Needs to improve consistency

28.JOEY HARRINGTON
Stealing Money from the falcons. He looks like he is going to cry all the time. The opposite of a winner. Doesn't do anything especially well. He's not fun to watch play.

29.KYLE BOLLER
Sucks

30.JAMARCUS RUSSEL To be Determined

RuthlessBurgher
06-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Aaron Rodgers comes from the Jeff Tedford School of Quarterbacking.
(Trent Dilfer 6th overall 1994, Akili Smith 3rd overall 1999, Joey Harrington 3rd overall 2002, Kyle Boller 19th overall 2003, and Aaron Rodgers 24th overall 2005).

Until one of these guys lives up their first round billing, I will not be convinced.

Even though Tarvaris Jackson won't light the world on fire by any means, I expect the defense and running game in Minnesota to win the QB-challenged NFC North.

rpmpit
06-02-2008, 03:26 PM
I think that anyone who watched the Dallas game last year wouldn't be surprised if Rogers has a great year. I mentioned it last year but his release and velocity reminded me of Bradshaw. He has a good, young team around him and there's no reason he won't flourish.

Just curious, MSM - why didn't you do all 32 teams?

calmkiller
06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
arent there 32 teams? only 30 qbs listed.

Les 74
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
You just gotta love #29. :lol: :lol: :lol:

AngryAsian
06-02-2008, 05:00 PM

I love that and the Jay Cutler "needs a haircut" comment. He reminds me of John Lennon the early years.

http://3quarksdaily.blogs.com/3quarksdaily/images/john_lennon.jpg

http://blogmuscle.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/not_mr_olympia.jpg

Ozey74
06-02-2008, 05:11 PM

I love that and the Jay Cutler "needs a haircut" comment. He reminds me of John Lennon the early years.

Jay Cutler grew up about 45 minutes from where I live. The town & his alma matter is about as hillbilly as they come. Very "un-beatle" & very much Kentucy Headhunter

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 07:41 PM
I predict Aaron Rodgers will miss at least one start this season...dude's always getting hurt in practice for God's sake.

They can't even be hit then!

Les 74
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM

Jay Cutler grew up about 45 minutes from where I live. The town & his alma matter is about as hillbilly as they come. Very "un-beatle" & very much Kentucy Headhunter

Funny that you say that.I was just going to mention how Cutler looks like a reject from Deliverance. :lol:

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Funny that you say that.I was just going to mention how Cutler looks like a reject from Deliverance. :lol:

....Did I hear banjo music?......... :o :lol:

Les 74
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM

Probably from your backyard!!! :lol: :lol:

mshifko
06-02-2008, 08:06 PM
good rankings...my are about the same, except i would flip flop romo/palmer...other than that i think they're about dead on MSM with my own...

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 08:36 PM
[quote="Les 74":30bzhmzx]Funny that you say that.I was just going to mention how Cutler looks like a reject from Deliverance. :lol:

Probably from your backyard!!! :lol: :lol:[/quote:30bzhmzx]

Did someone say banjo music???

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/Deliverance.jpg

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 08:38 PM
You guys are giving me the "warm & fuzzies".............. :o :lol:

Ozey74
06-02-2008, 11:53 PM
[quote="Les 74":290wxin1]You just gotta love #29. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny that you say that.I was just going to mention how Cutler looks like a reject from Deliverance. :lol:[/quote:290wxin1]

Ha!! By looking at him, you can tell that he is a product of his upbringing that's for sure.

I don't mean to sound like I'm talking ill of where he grew up. I know several people from the area & they are some of the nicest folks that I have ever met (and also some of the most fun people I have every partied with). I'm just saying the area has a very slow pace to it that I admire.