PDA

View Full Version : A NEW ERA

fordfixer
06-02-2008, 03:52 AM
Steelers 2007 Season Chronicled In Highlight Film Titled,

“A New Era”

PITTSBURGH — The story of the Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 season was retold today when the team unveiled its annual season highlight film, “A New Era, The 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers.”

The film, which premiered today in the East Club Lounge at Heinz Field, details the Steelers first season under Head Coach Mike Tomlin and provides a detailed look at the team’s 75th season. The 2007 team returned to the playoffs and captured the AFC North Division title with a 10-6 record.

The 23-minute film recaptures the Steelers’ record-setting performances set in 2007, including quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s memorable year, arguably the best season by a quarterback in team history.

Roethlisberger set a club record with 32 touchdowns and was named to his first Pro Bowl. He also tossed a team-record (tied) five touchdowns on November 5 on a Monday Night Football game versus the Baltimore Ravens, the same night the Steelers 75th Season All-Time team was recognized.

Viewers also saw linebacker James Harrison, who was named team MVP in 2007, raise his game in his first season as a starter. Harrison led the team with 8.5 sacks and earned a starting spot in the Pro Bowl, while helping the Steelers rank first in the NFL in total defense.

““A New Era” was produced by Bethel Park-native John Weiss of NFL Films, his 18th Steelers highlight project. KDKA Radio’s Larry Richert narrates the video, while the Steelers broadcast team of Bill Hillgrove and former Steelers All-Pro Tunch Ilkin are featured in radio calls of game action.

AngryAsian
06-02-2008, 04:56 AM
Ben will surpass his numbers from last year. Another year into a system that he's helped evolve and more weaponry to throw to.... I have confidence that our QBs numbers will be in the top 5 if not the top 3 in the league.

Ozey74
06-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Ben will surpass his numbers from last year. Another year into a system that he's helped evolve and more weaponry to throw to.... I have confidence that our QBs numbers will be in the top 5 if not the top 3 in the league.

I too share your confidence. However, I will not pick him in any of my fantasy leagues. I have a thing about picking Steelers for fear of jinxing them.

I have no problem getting beat in FF as the result of a Steeler. I would never root for a FF win if it meant a Steeler loss. I see so-called "fans" of other teams do this and they don't get my respect as fans.........

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!

frankthetank1
06-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!

i agree. there is nothing like a steelers montage to get my blood pumping

costanza2k1
06-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Any idea when this will appear on the NFL Network? Can't wait to see, tired of looking at individual clips on their site...want to see the whole deal with music and all.

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Actually, for me it doesn't even have to be the Steelers...when ESPN starts showing the season highlight reels of ANY team my pulse starts pounding!

frankthetank1
06-02-2008, 08:39 AM
[quote="stlrz d":4pqnxkmr]Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!

Actually, for me it doesn't even have to be the Steelers...when ESPN starts showing the season highlight reels of ANY team my pulse starts pounding![/quote:4pqnxkmr]

espn still shows the year in review or whatever on nfl teams? i use to love those i would even watch other team's highlights and still be interested.

RuthlessBurgher
06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
[quote="stlrz d":33xxpwoz]Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!

Actually, for me it doesn't even have to be the Steelers...when ESPN starts showing the season highlight reels of ANY team my pulse starts pounding![/quote:33xxpwoz]

Even the 1-15 Dolphins? :lol:

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 02:18 PM
^^^

Yes to both!

RuthlessBurgher
06-02-2008, 02:27 PM
^^^

Yes to both!

Okay, then. I'll give you the Dolphins. That one win in overtime was pretty exciting. Even the Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Raiders, Cowboys, and Asterisks, though?

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 02:39 PM
^^^

Yes to both!

Okay, then. I'll give you the Dolphins. That one win in overtime was pretty exciting. Even the Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Raiders, Cowboys, and Asterisks, though?

All of them...I love NFL football and I love watching highlights!

Watching highlights of teams I hate just fuels the hatred...and gets me stoked for football!!!

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Any idea when this will appear on the NFL Network? Can't wait to see, tired of looking at individual clips on their site...want to see the whole deal with music and all.

I would guess late-summer they will be ramping-up the coverage of the various training camps, and also the highlight reels.... I seem to recall that last August they had a big push with all of them the two weeks leading up to opening day.

.... I agree with all the sentiments!... Man, there are times when I actually get goosebumps when they're shown!

motter1975
06-02-2008, 05:02 PM

Amen to that!! And it doesn't matter how many times I've seen the highlight...it STILL gets me pumped!

SteelForce
06-02-2008, 07:15 PM

Me too............nothing quite as fanatical as the WILLINGLY brainwashed :lol:

SteelForce
06-02-2008, 07:16 PM
[quote="stlrz d":128zgsoo]Season highlight films always get me so freakin' stoked for the season to start...that is marketing at it's finest right there because I know what it is, I know what it's supposed to do and it still works on me!

Actually, for me it doesn't even have to be the Steelers...when ESPN starts showing the season highlight reels of ANY team my pulse starts pounding![/quote:128zgsoo]

OK............you had me at "hello", then lost me :lol:

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I don't understand the confusion here. When they start showing the season highlights on ESPN it means the NFL is coming. The team doesn't matter...sure I get more jacked for the Steelers highlights, but still...NFL team highlights mean things are right around the corner.

Think of it this way...when you were a kid and you heard the ice cream truck you knew something good was coming and eventually you were going to get what you wanted. So you got excited.

Same thing.

SteelForce
06-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I don't understand the confusion here. When they start showing the season highlights on ESPN it means the NFL is coming. The team doesn't matter...sure I get more jacked for the Steelers highlights, but still...NFL team highlights mean things are right around the corner.

Think of it this way...when you were a kid and you heard the ice cream truck you knew something good was coming and eventually you were going to get what you wanted. So you got excited.

Same thing.

Just kidding with ya "D"..........but I know the season's coming when I see the other team's videos pop up on my TIVO. Actually sitting through 22 minutes of a John Facenda imitator telling me that the Stains are headed for greatness isn't necessary to impart that knowledge. :lol:

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Same thing.

Just kidding with ya "D"..........but I know the season's coming when I see the other team's videos pop up on my TIVO. Actually sitting through 22 minutes of a John Facenda imitator telling me that the Stains are headed for greatness isn't necessary to impart that knowledge. :lol:

I know everyone is kidding but I think what I'm trying to express is lost on some.

And some of the fun in watching the sucky teams' highlights is seeing how they spin it. Hey, we were 8-8 a few seasons back.... :oops:

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
stlrz, I posted this over on the "general discussion" forum, but alot of folks don't get over there.... It's not as good as a Steeler highlight reel, but George Carlin can add an interesting perspective to football.... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphEUa5L ... y/NFL.aspx (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphEUa5LPjM&eurl=http://blog.getsportsinfo.com/category/NFL.aspx)

SteelForce
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2m96nnzk]I don't understand the confusion here. When they start showing the season highlights on ESPN it means the NFL is coming. The team doesn't matter...sure I get more jacked for the Steelers highlights, but still...NFL team highlights mean things are right around the corner.

Same thing.

I know everyone is kidding but I think what I'm trying to express is lost on some.

And some of the fun in watching the sucky teams' highlights is seeing how they spin it. Hey, we were 8-8 a few seasons back.... :oops:[/quote:2m96nnzk]

That's true,and really that was the point I was making.........it's barely tolerable to watch these guys spin a 4-12 record into a video entitled "On The Rise".

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 08:00 PM
That's true,and really that was the point I was making.........it's barely tolerable to watch these guys spin a 4-12 record into a video entitled "On The Rise".

Even though it's a "national" station doing tapes for the entire leagues' teams, aren't these same tapes used locally by the individual franchises?... I could have sworn that some of the Steeler highlight reels were used by the team or local stations at one time or another.... I could be mistaken, though...

SteelForce
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
stlrz, I posted this over on the "general discussion" forum, but alot of folks don't get over there.... It's not as good as a Steeler highlight reel, but George Carlin can add an interesting perspective to football.... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphEUa5L ... y/NFL.aspx (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YphEUa5LPjM&eurl=http://blog.getsportsinfo.com/category/NFL.aspx)

Thanks for posting this..............a classic bit!! :lol: :lol:

NKySteeler
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM

Thanks for posting this..............a classic bit!! :lol: :lol:

...Glad you liked it!.... :wink:

stlrz d
06-02-2008, 08:37 PM
They're still fun to watch and they still get me pumped up for the coming season. :x

NKy - That is a classic bit and I remember it well.