PDA

View Full Version : The Confessional: What does your spouse make you watch?

AngryAsian
06-01-2008, 04:49 AM
The other night, my wife and I had an in-house date night. That's when I put my daughter to bed, my wife and I sit down with popcorn or pizza or ice cream and view either a movie rental or watch a show that we have on our DVR. The other night she made me watch..... ****said with such shame**** The Bachelorette. A low point in my career as a man. What has your wife/significant other made you watch to your disgust or delight? Fess up.... we all make sacrifices for the betterment of our relationships.... I told myself with each painful moment of viewing..... "This will win me points and she'll have to watch Steeler Football this season." My wife is unaware of the ammo I'm gathering this summer....

With each minute that I watch shows like "John and Kate, plus 8".... I'm stocking up Steeler Viewing Miles at the "Bank O' Marisa." So come clean guys.... what have you viewed for the sake of your spouses and what have you gained?

stlrz d
06-01-2008, 07:44 AM
I have no SO which means I watch what I want when I want.

It also means I pause when I want and can even fart during whatever I'm watching with no fear of repercussions. :D

AngryAsian
06-01-2008, 08:52 AM

It also means I pause when I want and can even fart during whatever I'm watching with no fear of repercussions. :D

I fart when I want and I burp when I want and I scratch myself when and where I want at whatever time I want.... not without repercussions, but surely without fear. I'm a man and part of being a man means, if you want to hang out with this man and occupy the same vicinity as this man.... then you'll have to put up with the completely normal physiological offerings that a man's body produces. If I have to watch you Kooky shows, you'll have to put up with my bodily functions. :lol:

AngryAsian
06-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Noteworthy too is that, I'm not a complete arse. I'm mindful of such antics in front of my daughter because I don't want to set a bad example. Also, I surprise my wife with non-holiday or occasion cards, notes and presents. I still open car doors for her, get up when she leaves and enters the room, I help around the house with various chores, and what I create for her for Birthdays, Mother's Day, Valentines Day, Anniversaries and Christmas... with regards to graphics, always brings tears to her eyes. So all the afore mentioned "man stuff" I do in front of her is always offset by a lot of chivalrous things I do for..... I'm big on balance. :D

Jigawatts
06-01-2008, 09:01 AM
She doesn't make me watch anything with her, probably because I'd complain to much. :D

However, one of her must watched shows is Gray's Anatomy. I have to say, I've
started to watch a little and it's a good show.

Marisa, that's funny. Same spelling as my daughter. But the poor girl can't get
a license plate at Disney without Marisa having an extra S. :wink:

AngryAsian
06-01-2008, 09:08 AM
She doesn't make me watch anything with her, probably because I'd complain to much. :D

My wife asked me, how do you pronounce your daughter's name? I told her since we've never spoke in real life I didn't know. My wife's dad named her after this song in Italy called "Marisa Lena" and my wife pronounces it (Ma-ree-sa). Is that how you pronounce it?

stlrz d
06-01-2008, 09:27 AM

I fart when I want and I burp when I want and I scratch myself when and where I want at whatever time I want.... not without repercussions, but surely without fear. I'm a man and part of being a man means, if you want to hang out with this man and occupy the same vicinity as this man.... then you'll have to put up with the completely normal physiological offerings that a man's body produces. If I have to watch you Kooky shows, you'll have to put up with my bodily functions. :lol:

Just couldn't let me feel good and have my little moment about being single, could you?

:(

Jigawatts
06-01-2008, 11:17 AM

My wife asked me, how do you pronounce your daughter's name? I told her since we've never spoke in real life I didn't know. My wife's dad named her after this song in Italy called "Marisa Lena" and my wife pronounces it (Ma-ree-sa). Is that how you pronounce it?

I think we were watching My Cousin Vinny when we agreed that Marisa was a
good name. So it's pronounced like Marisa Tomei.

eniparadoxgma
06-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Well, luckily I'll be a happily divorced guy soon. Therefore, I'm in the same boat with Stlrz D. Do and watch what I want when I want, etc.

However, back when we were still together she sometimes watched America's Top Model which I didn't necessarily mind because of the hotties. I actually watched Desperate Housewives for awhile as well because I've had a thing for Teri Hatcher since she was trying to seduce Dan Fielding on Night Court. :)

I do have to say though, that I am forced to watch Strawberry Shortcake, Dragon Tales, Caillou, etc. by my little girl.

Hot dog hot dog hot diggety dog!!!

Les 74
06-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, luckily I'll be a happily divorced guy soon. Therefore, I'm in the same boat with Stlrz D. Do and watch what I want when I want, etc.

However, back when we were still together she sometimes watched America's Top Model which I didn't necessarily mind because of the hotties. I actually watched Desperate Housewives for awhile as well because I've had a thing for Teri Hatcher since she was trying to seduce Dan Fielding on Night Court. :)

I do have to say though, that I am forced to watch Strawberry Shortcake, Dragon Tales, Caillou, etc. by my little girl.

Agreed on the Teri Hatcher thing,eni.I've had a thing for her for a long,long time. :D

MeetJoeGreene
06-01-2008, 03:09 PM
My wife is addicted to HGTV and the Food Network. So I get to watch a lot of that by osmosis. But honestly, I am usually geeking away on the laptop doing something or other (like posting). The danger is that I absent-mindedly agree to get Sage Dust Ruffles to match the blah blah blah. Whatever.

NKySteeler
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
As some of you know, I'm not married just yet, but will be taking the plunge for the second time...

....She makes me watch the Bungle games (only when the Steelers aren't playing).... :evil:
...But hey, on the brighter side, at least she likes football!

ColumbusSteelerFan
06-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Since we got rid of cable last year (budget reasons), we don't have too much to watch on TV anyway, but fortunately my wife doesn't make me watch anything. Partly because we're usually too busy with the kids to watch much, and partly because she knows I'll get mad if she forces me to watch something. Fortunately, as some of you already know, I don't have to force her to watch sports with me since she's fans of the same teams I am. Makes life a lot easier!

fordfixer
06-02-2008, 01:23 AM
When we were dating she made me watch The sound of music. Our next date I made her watch The man who shot Liberty Valance. That was over 24 years ago and other than a bronco game or two when the Steelers aren't on she hasn't made me watch any thing.I won!!

AngryAsian
06-02-2008, 04:53 AM
I envy you guys who have football loving spouses. How I ended up with my wife who doesn't watch any sporting event whatsoever, is a mystery to me. I'm hoping my "dues" I'm paying now will help this fall, if not she's on her own, because my daughter and I will be Steeler fanatics and will be merciless with the terrible towel waving and screaming in front of the TV every Sunday during the season. :twisted:

frankthetank1
06-02-2008, 08:57 AM
My wife is addicted to HGTV and the Food Network. So I get to watch a lot of that by osmosis. But honestly, I am usually geeking away on the laptop doing something or other (like posting). The danger is that I absent-mindedly agree to get Sage Dust Ruffles to match the blah blah blah. Whatever.

oh god isnt hgtv the worst? i heard they are starting to use it as an interogation tactic on possible terroists that are apprehended. im very lucky though my fiancee does not make me watch anything and its probably because i would complain too much. why do women watch the worst shows though? i mean she can watch shows like america's next top model, hgtv and that stupid dancing reality show and she has the nerve to complain when i try and watch its always sunny in philladelphia. i just dont get it.

Ghost
06-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Just been married for 7 months so still feeling out "the rules". We just moved into a new house (from a condo) so we have better TV options in the house and neither of us cares if the other gets up to watch something else off in the house.

The big screen is always used for Sports - Steelers games, Penguins games, etc. She's very cool with that.

I've watched Grey's with her and it's not too bad but I have no idea what's going on. I refuse to watch Desperate Housewives or Brothers and Sisters - I find both unwatchable. I won't watch E! hollywood news either.

RussBII
06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I envy you guys who have football loving spouses. How I ended up with my wife who doesn't watch any sporting event whatsoever, is a mystery to me. I'm hoping my "dues" I'm paying now will help this fall, if not she's on her own, because my daughter and I will be Steeler fanatics and will be merciless with the terrible towel waving and screaming in front of the TV every Sunday during the season. :twisted:

Ahhh its been a long process for me and my fianceč. Fortunately her mother always watched one or two football games throughout the year so she was familiar w/ the concept on a much smaller level. We've been together for 4 football seasons.

15-1
Super Bowl
8-8
Playoffs.

She's seen it all but a horrible losing season. The 8-8 season was close. She's hooked now, she loves it. In the summer she says things like "Man, i wish there was football on, sundays are so boring w/o it."

Conversely, she watched ANY show about weddings and/or brides. She also watched the worst movies ever.

It's a trade off... a good one as far as I'm concerned.

BIG FAN
06-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I am extremely fortunate, a few chick movies here and there, maybe some American Idol.
Otherwise she's happy to tivo the rest. She was asking this past Sat. about when were going to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. She watches all the Steeler games with me. As she works at Uof L, I do have to watch some obligatory Louisville football and basketball games. I really don't mind.

Iron Shiek
06-04-2008, 08:35 PM

WTF!!!! Do I sub-consciously post as eni or something? Geez:

Happily divorced soon: check
Watched America's Top Model and Desperate Housewives: check
Have a thing for teri hatcher: check
Watch several cartoons with kids: check (except you forgot to mention Little Bear and Sponge Bob!!!)

Shawn
06-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Noteworthy too is that, I'm not a complete arse. I'm mindful of such antics in front of my daughter because I don't want to set a bad example. Also, I surprise my wife with non-holiday or occasion cards, notes and presents. I still open car doors for her, get up when she leaves and enters the room, I help around the house with various chores, and what I create for her for Birthdays, Mother's Day, Valentines Day, Anniversaries and Christmas... with regards to graphics, always brings tears to her eyes. So all the afore mentioned "man stuff" I do in front of her is always offset by a lot of chivalrous things I do for..... I'm big on balance. :D

Personally, I'm a complete arse. Last night, I think I farted in a styrofoam cup and placed it over my 5 y/o daughters nose until she passed out. But, that's just how I roll.

:lol:

PS: Before anyone calls social services...I am just joking. But, I did debate it. :lol:

AngryAsian
06-04-2008, 09:20 PM

Personally, I'm a complete arse. Last night, I think I farted in a styrofoam cup and placed it over my 5 y/o daughters nose until she passed out. But, that's just how I roll.

:lol:

PS: Before anyone calls social services...I am just joking. But, I did debate it. :lol:

Those of us fathers blessed with daughters instead of sons.... our wives will just have to learn how to deal with these antics. We're men and that's just down right funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ghettoscott
06-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Dion and Pilar.....not bad actually. There are some obvious scripted parts but its pretty entertaining...that and Top Chef.

AngryAsian
06-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Dion and Pilar.....not bad actually. There are some obvious scripted parts but its pretty entertaining...that and Top Chef.

Top Chef is the shiznit.... that's a show she introduced me to that I enjoy. I've learned a lot of skillz watching that show.

ghettoscott
06-11-2008, 08:57 AM

Top Chef is the shiznit.... that's a show she introduced me to that I enjoy. I've learned a lot of skillz watching that show.

heeeell yeah, i love Top Chef...i was rooting for that latina chick to win but she got bumped last week...i am thinking Richard will win but that will make 4 straight Top Chef winners that are dudes....soooo, yeah, its going to be that curly hair girl that takes home the prize.

AngryAsian
06-11-2008, 10:29 AM

heeeell yeah, i love Top Chef...i was rooting for that latina chick to win but she got bumped last week...i am thinking Richard will win but that will make 4 straight Top Chef winners that are dudes....soooo, yeah, its going to be that curly hair girl that takes home the prize.

Stephanie is a good chef, but Richard has some serious skills. I think he hasn't even brought out the heavy artillery yet. They've definitely have had some hotties on that show... but not this season. :(

ghettoscott
06-11-2008, 06:46 PM
^ Finale tonight... C'mooon Richard

AngryAsian
06-12-2008, 01:59 AM

As predicted, by the slanty-man it was Stephanie.
Richard busted out with some of his gastronomy stuff, but I think the
right chef won.

ghettoscott
06-12-2008, 09:03 AM

you and me both brother :wink:

ghettoscott
06-12-2008, 09:05 AM

As predicted, by the slanty-man it was Stephanie.
Richard busted out with some of his gastronomy stuff, but I think the
right chef won.

Kind of felt bad for Richard at the end there...dude looked like he wanted to cry...at least he got a new Toyota out of it.