PDA

View Full Version : OKOBI NEWS!!!!

Steel Life
05-31-2008, 09:38 AM
For those who were Chukky supporters...or fodder for those who weren't -

Thursday, May 22, 2008 - Houston Texans:
Signed wide receivers Tim Carter and Mark Simmons; placed center Chukky Okobi on injured reserve; waived running back Arliss Beach.

MeetJoeGreene
05-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Its really hard to say if we did the right thing or wrong thing considering the patheticness of Mahan.

BIG FAN
05-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Its really hard to say if we did the right thing or wrong thing considering the patheticness of Mahan.

Kudo's .
I believe you have created a new word to decribe shoddy azz center play. :D

MeetJoeGreene
05-31-2008, 12:18 PM

Kudo's .

Hopefully, I won't have to make up and use any new words like "Mahan-esque" in the future.

BIG FAN
05-31-2008, 12:33 PM

Kudo's .

Hopefully, I won't have to make up and use any new words like "Mahan-esque" in the future.

If you have to, we are royally screwed.

birtikidis
05-31-2008, 01:37 PM
what happened to him? i always hate to see players get hurt.

Les 74
05-31-2008, 02:30 PM

Don't worry.The patheticness of Mahan is only trumped by the patheticness of Okobi.

buckeyehoppy
05-31-2008, 02:58 PM
$ucky Ochokemi couldn't beat out Sean Mahan...

...it's a wonder he ever had an NFL career in the first place.

costanza2k1
05-31-2008, 03:13 PM
When he gets back from injury he is bound to go to the Pro Bowl year after year...you just watch the Steelers screwed the pooch on this one. :P

Les 74
05-31-2008, 03:16 PM
When he gets back from injury he is bound to go to the Pro Bowl year after year...you just watch the Steelers screwed the pooch on this one. :P

So sayeth agdci. :roll: :lol: :lol:

costanza2k1
05-31-2008, 03:17 PM

:lol:, let me add to that, owners are cheap and $uck, coaches can't coach...etc

Les 74
05-31-2008, 03:22 PM

Dude,are you channeling his spirit?? :lol:

kennyes
06-01-2008, 12:31 AM
[quote=costanza2k1]When he gets back from injury he is bound to go to the Pro Bowl year after year...you just watch the Steelers screwed the pooch on this one. :P

Dude,are you channeling his spirit?? :lol:[/quote:15mtg2zn]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking along those same lines.

Lets see... Mahan vs. Okobi, hmmm. I guess six of one and a half dozen of suck of the other about sums it up.

AngryAsian
06-01-2008, 02:35 AM
Reading this thread reminds me that as Steeler fans we raise the bar regarding our player expectations.... when they don't meet expectations, the fans are relentless in their ridicule.... no matter where they end up. Beat them down, when their down. :lol:

That's why Mahan has no chance this year. :twisted:

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
06-02-2008, 09:20 AM
what happened to him? i always hate to see players get hurt.

According to Troy Brown, he will be practising with the rest of the team this year. :D :lol:

Ghost
06-02-2008, 09:45 AM
My biggest issue with Sucky was the way he handled himself in regards to the center position. He simply assumed it was his job after Hartings left based on being here. He didn't want to work for it or try and improve. He was actually mad about the competition. That's what you want from your center - a guy who is disappointed about competing... What a waste of a player.

Oviedo
06-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Reading this thread reminds me that as Steeler fans we raise the bar regarding our player expectations.... when they don't meet expectations, the fans are relentless in their ridicule.... no matter where they end up. Beat them down, when their down. :lol:

That's why Mahan has no chance this year. :twisted:

Mahan has a chance and will be a starting OG by the end of the season. Mark it down now.