PDA

View Full Version : STEELER HOTEL....WESTIN?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
05-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm going to the Steelers / Cowboys game in December on a tour bus. One of the hotel choices is the Westin Convention Center in downtown, Pittsburgh. Does anyone know if some of the Steelers stay there?

ghettoscott
05-30-2008, 11:28 AM
...do the players stay at hotels for home games?

Snatch98
05-30-2008, 11:43 AM
...do the players stay at hotels for home games?

They may just for the team aspect of things. I could see them staying in a hotel so they're all on the same page, pre-game preparation etc and can get to the facitilty as early as possible with the optimimum amount of sleep.

RuthlessBurgher
05-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I've seen players at the Hilton downtown before, but that was several years ago. I'm not sure what the drill is now under the Tomlin regime.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
05-30-2008, 12:00 PM
My luck it will be a Cowboys hotel. I'll warn them now...Stay away or:

I'll slide a handgun under Tank Johnson's hotel room door...

I'll hire a stripper to dance outside Pac Man's Room...

I'll dial 911 and tell them Chris Henry hit me...(He might be there!)

I'll spread a rumor that Bill Parcel's was seen going into TO's room with roses and I will hang a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door knob...

I'll hang a Buffalo Bills Jersey on Wade Phillips door...

I'll take a picture of a cut-out of Britney Spears standing by Tony Romo's door and post it on Jessica Simpson's my space page...

Just doing my part!

Iron Shiek
05-30-2008, 12:02 PM
My luck it will be a Cowboys hotel. I'll warn them now...Stay away or:

I'll spread a rumor that Bill Parcel's was seen going into TO's room with roses and I will hang a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door knob...

I'll take a picture of a cut-out of Britney Spears standing by Tony Romo's door and post it on Jessica Simpson's my space page...

Just doing my part!

Is Wade Wilson still QB coach? You can drop a few bottles of pills or some needles by his door and take pictures...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
05-30-2008, 12:11 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":q2sx5ss4]My luck it will be a Cowboys hotel. I'll warn them now...Stay away or:

Just doing my part!

Is Wade Wilson still QB coach? You can drop a few bottles of pills or some needles by his door and take pictures...[/quote:q2sx5ss4]

Wow...That stuff goes as deep as the coaches!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
I could also give a 6:00 AM wake up call to Wade Phillips and say, "Hello Mr. Jimmy Johnson, this is you 6:00 AM wake-up call that was set up by Mr. Jerry Jones. Your Limo will be ready at 7:00 AM to meet Mr. Jerry Jones for Breakfast!"

fordfixer
05-30-2008, 12:58 PM
The steelers stay at the Hilton the night before the game

calmkiller
05-30-2008, 12:59 PM
My cousin married Wes Ours. FB WVU played for the steelers for a preaseason. He along with the other camp guys (he was cut on the last cut I think) were all put up in the Hilton. It was a pretty cool experience when I went to the Cowboys Steelers pre season game. We had player tickets so we got a wrist band that let us go almost anywhere.

After the game we went down into the family entrance and walked into the room right outside the locker room while the players changed. I got to see Kendrell Bell, Randle El, David Upchurch, Client Kriedwalt and a number of other players. I sat right beside Matt cushing's wife during the game. And a DE that Played for Maryland and a couple seasons for Jacksonville. I can't remember his name at this point but he was giving me hell the whole game because it was the year after Maryland killed WVU in the bowl game.

Anyway after that they had a shuttle take us to the players parking lot and we drove to the Hilton. It was cool riding a Shuttle with about 10-12 of the Steelers. I was in Heaven.

rpmpit
05-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Most of the times I've gone to Pittsburgh, we've stayed at the Hilton. The players will come down into the lobby and sign autographs, talk to the fans, etc. I'm not big on autographs but I had a cool conversation with James Farrior a few years ago.

Besides the Steelers staying there, the other great thing about staying at the Hilton is its proximity to Heinz Field. The morning of games you can either walk over the bridge or take one of the ferries over. And then after the game you're not stuck in that traffic jam trying to get out of the city.

costanza2k1
05-30-2008, 01:48 PM
I saw a ton of players last year at the Hilton, I'm going to the Cowboys game again and will stay at the Hilton again. Like rmpit said it is so easy to walk to the game and walk back when needed. It also has just a tremendous view of the city from there.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
05-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for sharing your stories guys. Thanks also for the info. I don't think The Hilton was one of the hotels on the list. It would be nice, I would definately pick that one after hearing some of the stories. The Westin is said to be within a mile from the stadium. I'm assuming it is on the other side of the river but I could be wrong. As the game gets closer, I will have to take a count of who is going on here. Be nice to meet some of the Steeler Nation on this planet!

AngryAsian
05-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I was looking into downtown accomidations recently and most hotels run about $225 and up. The Westin is a very nice chain.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
06-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I was looking into downtown accomidations recently and most hotels run about $225 and up. The Westin is a very nice chain.

Thanks for the info. It looks like that will be where I will be staying because it is located closest to the stadium. That way Saturday night we could get around and see allot.