PDA

View Full Version : Holiday plans????

Les 74
05-23-2008, 09:46 AM
What are everyone's plans(if any) over the holiday weekend??Trips,barbeque's,chilling out??Me,I'm on call for Memorial Day,so I won't be doing much at all. :(

Shawn
05-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Nothing this weekend but I'm rolling to Myrtle Beach with the rug rats and the
warden. Wish me luck. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
05-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Yardwork :x :x
But I have started the pool heating in hopes for a dip.

Jigawatts
05-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Baseball game Saturday night, but I'm mad about that cause I'll miss the Pens. :x

Yard work Sunday. If I'm lucky I'll have time mess with my antenna. I'm still trying to tweak it so I can get all the Pittsburgh digital channels.

Monday - Big party at my house. I hate having more than 5 people at my house at one time. I'll be an angry jiga if anyone tracks mud in my house, or touches anything. :x

NKySteeler
05-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Well... Me, the better half, and two other couples are going to a swinger party....errrr...wrong forum... :oops: :lol:

Seriously though, I got the yard work done this week. So a few of us are having a cookout on Saturday, then going to the "Taste of Cincinnati" on Sunday.... I'm back to work on Monday (up to Anchorage), which sucks... But at least I have next weekend off for my daughters' dance recital next weekend over in Pgh....

NKySteeler
05-23-2008, 01:16 PM

Good luck... Seriously, you'll need it... There are two bike weeks in Myrtle. One starts this weekend, and the other later in the summer... One good, and one bad... This is the bad one... Many of us who own down there won't go down for this week. They used to do thier event up in Virginia Beach, but were asked to leave... Myrtle tried the same thing, but they pulled the "race" and "prejudice" cards. Many establishments close for the week under the guise of "remodeling" they are so bad.

But pending where you are staying, check out Captain Juels' Restaurant up in Little River... Great atmosphere, kids' menus, and you can walk along the fishing docks... If you are down on the south end, check out Drunken Jacks' down in Murrels' Inlet (it's just a name... There are actually no drunken pirates there). It's one of my favorite restaurants, and you sit overlooking the inlet... Take a camera, and the kids will love it.

Jigawatts
05-23-2008, 01:23 PM
NKy, we were planning a trip to Myrle this summer when a friend warned us about that. Things fell through anyway and we're going somewhere else.

costanza2k1
05-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Having a 3 day 24hr/day religious ceremony for my Grandfather who passed away last year...Monday will be a BBQ!

Shawn
05-23-2008, 04:13 PM

Good luck... Seriously, you'll need it... There are two bike weeks in Myrtle. One starts this weekend, and the other later in the summer... One good, and one bad... This is the bad one... Many of us who own down there won't go down for this week. They used to do thier event up in Virginia Beach, but were asked to leave... Myrtle tried the same thing, but they pulled the "race" and "prejudice" cards. Many establishments close for the week under the guise of "remodeling" they are so bad.

But pending where you are staying, check out Captain Juels' Restaurant up in Little River... Great atmosphere, kids' menus, and you can walk along the fishing docks... If you are down on the south end, check out Drunken Jacks' down in Murrels' Inlet (it's just a name... There are actually no drunken pirates there). It's one of my favorite restaurants, and you sit overlooking the inlet... Take a camera, and the kids will love it.

Thank goodness I'm not talking about Memorial Day weekend. I'm talking next weekend...hopefully the bikes are LONG gone by then. We are staying at the Landmark...do you know anything about that hotel/resort? I just hope it's not a hole.

NKySteeler
05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Well, the bikers come into town this weekend, stay the week, then filter out late next weekend, so you'll see some but not the most....

Sorry, don't know much about the Landmark. With the condo, I don't pay too much attention to accomodations down there... Is it on the north end, or the south end?... I can suggest restaurants on both sides that are fantastic... The places I listed in the previous post are my favorites, and you really can not go wrong with anything down in Murrels' Inlet or up in Little River/Calabash... Don't forget to go by Oscars' at least to get your picture taken with the Steeler memoribilia, of if down on the south end, Murphyz Law (another Steeler place).

Also, if you have a cloudy/poor day, the new amusement park will be open. Thier official "grand opening" is the following weekend, but it will be up and running... It's over by the Hard Rock at Broadway At The Beach, and is music themed.... The following weekend, The Eagles and Moody Blues are having a live concert....

Shawn
05-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Cool...where is the best seafood in Myrtle? Because, I plan on eating seafood 3x a day for 4 days. :D

anothersteelerfan
05-23-2008, 08:47 PM
The least I have to. I almost never go anywhere on holiday weekends. So I plan to be lazy all weekend and we're having a cookout Monday.

stlrz d
05-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Baseball game Saturday night, but I'm mad about that cause I'll miss the Pens. :x

Yard work Sunday. If I'm lucky I'll have time mess with my antenna. I'm still trying to tweak it so I can get all the Pittsburgh digital channels.

Monday - Big party at my house. I hate having more than 5 people at my house at one time. I'll be an angry jiga if anyone tracks mud in my house, or touches anything. :x

Lighten up, Jiga! :roll: :lol:

As for me, fishing, fishing and more fishing! Hit the White Bass run last night after work. A coworker and I boated over 100 fish! It got to the point where we were counting casts in a row that did NOT result in a fish. It was never more than 4!

That's just good fun right there I don't care who you are!

Oh, and in case you're wondering, White Bass around here average between 13-16 inches in length and weigh between 1 1/2 - 3 pounds...good times!

Shawn
05-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Do you think...if I walked my dirty boots all over Jiga's carpet he would have a mental break down? That I would pay to see. :mrgreen:

NKySteeler
05-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Cool...where is the best seafood in Myrtle? Because, I plan on eating seafood 3x a day for 4 days. :D

The places listed in my initial post on the subject are my favorites.... The Sea Captains' House right in Myrtle proper is fantastic as well.... Rockefellers has some incredible "steam kettles" that you can mix-and-match items and will feed an army...

Shawn
05-24-2008, 10:21 AM

The places listed in my initial post on the subject are my favorites.... The Sea Captains' House right in Myrtle proper is fantastic as well.... Rockefellers has some incredible "steam kettles" that you can mix-and-match items and will feed an army...

Very cool...I didn't know what those places were known for. I might be hitting you up for fun places for the lil ones. Hows the shopping for the mrs.

NKySteeler
05-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Hows the shopping for the mrs.

You GOTTA check out Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing... Open-air shopping and attractions for the whole family....

http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/propertymap.html

http://www.barefootlanding.com/

Shawn
05-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Thx a ton NKy.

NKySteeler
05-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Thx a ton NKy.

Anything for another black-n-gold brother.... :wink:

...I've been going down there since I was a kid, and have owned property there for the last 15 years.... If you have any other questions, I'd be glad to help... I go to work on Monday, but will be back on Thursday, so keep it in mind if you have any inquiries.... :wink:

NKySteeler
05-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Alright Shawn, I thought of another tidbit for you.... Barrys' Seafood. It's in North Myrtle (Cherry Grove area...) and is primarily a seafood market (it's where I stock up when down there) but has a few outside tables, and cooks anything right on the spot. Absolutely incredible crab-stuffed shrimp. I could see you getting a pound or two of cooked seafood and chowing down by the pool with the Mrs. ... The link below has it's address/phone number and links to other restaurants/attractions.

http://foodpage.us/561898

Shawn
05-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Now you are speaking my language! Crab stuffed shirmp is my favorite. :D

stlrz d
05-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Now you are speaking my language! Crab stuffed shirmp is my favorite. :D

Good stuff I agree!

NKySteeler
05-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Shawn, if you like crab-stuffed shrimp, you definitely have to hit Barrys' Seafood.... They are the size of a baseball, and without a doubt the best I've ever had... They can cook them for you (just call ahead and pick them up) and you can take them back to the hotel if you don't want to sit out at the picnic table and eat there.

Jigawatts
05-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Aha, not that anyone cares, but my holiday antenna work paid off. I'm now getting all Pittsburgh digital stations consistently. Hopefully no astronomical anomalies occur and I can receive KDKA when my local CBS station decides to play the stains. Whoo hooo. I feel like break dancing.

Shawn
05-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Yea Jiga...we really don't care. :P

And if anyone of you care I found out I'm on call today. Ughh. :x

Jigawatts
05-26-2008, 10:43 AM

I care that it's raining right now and ruining my holiday fun. :x :x

At least I can stay indoors and watch The Lucy show on WPXI 11-3. :wink:

NKySteeler
05-26-2008, 10:51 AM

Don't feel bad.... I'm packing my bags and have to be out the door by 11:45am, and I have a great view of my neighbor setting up for his cookout on the deck... :?

costanza2k1
05-26-2008, 01:09 PM

I care! I am outage call while everyone is preparing to have a good time outside. On call sucks some times. Feel your pain, bro.

papillon
05-27-2008, 09:58 AM

Can I come and visit after a good rainstorm (hopefully, step in a mud puddle) and not take my shoes off before entering your humble abode? :P

Pappy

Les 74
05-27-2008, 10:02 AM

Holy s**t!!Jig,I can't believe that you would admit that!!! :o :lol:

Jigawatts
05-27-2008, 12:41 PM

Can I come and visit after a good rainstorm (hopefully, step in a mud puddle) and not take my shoes off before entering your humble abode? :P

Pappy

That attitude is exactly why no-one returns your PM's. :lol: :lol:

What's wrong with The Lucy Show Les? You don't like Cubans?
Are you racist towards Cubans Les? J/K of course, sometimes I
just like to be reminded of what a decent sitcom is.

Les 74
05-27-2008, 12:47 PM

Pappy

That attitude is exactly why no-one returns your PM's. :lol: :lol:

What's wrong with The Lucy Show Les? You don't like Cubans?
Are you racist towards Cubans Les? J/K of course, sometimes I
just like to be reminded of what a decent sitcom is.

Its all good.I'm not racist towards Cubans.I think everyone should have one to landscape their property..............or fix their roof..................or..... :wink: :lol:

Jigawatts
05-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Its all good.I'm not racist towards Cubans.I think everyone should have one to landscape their property..............or fix their roof..................or..... :wink: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: