PDA

View Full Version : Trib board is down. That's a surprise!

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Anyone else having trouble logging on to the Trib? Or have I been banned for recruiting purposes?

anothersteelerfan
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Anyone else having trouble logging on to the Trib? Or have I been banned for recruiting purposes?

I was on earlier in the day, I'll try it and see.

on edit:
It timed out.

Les 74
05-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Its been down for a while now.Not that I'm surprised.

calmkiller
05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
I was gonna post this earlier today but got busy here at work. I was wondering if it was actually down of if i got ban...Didn't know which...

costanza2k1
05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
It's down...just checked.

Shawn
05-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Still Down...shocker!

Seriously, in light that most of the very active posters have either stopped or slowed down their posting over there...you would think that they would try to improve things. You would think that they would try to earn their membership back.

Oviedo
05-19-2008, 04:25 PM
No surprise. I can't get into it more than I can anymore.

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Still Down...shocker!

Seriously, in light that most of the very active posters have either stopped or slowed down their posting over there...you would think that they would try to improve things. You would think that they would try to earn their membership back.

Why its not like we pay to be on there...what the hell do they care?!

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
No surprise. I can't get into it more than I can anymore.

100% right Ovie...it doesnt give you the right to say you are qualified to be GM of the Steelers or any other professional franchise..................BUT if you win 5 titles then it sure provides you with some street cred and noone can question you or say anything negative towards you, right?! :wink: :wink:
:lol:

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Still Down...shocker!

Their advertisers do.

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Still Down...shocker!

Their advertisers do.

And they still dont care. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
05-19-2008, 05:53 PM
5:52 PM and it is still down.

Must be a server crash.

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 06:13 PM
It is now up and running.......

Jigawatts
05-19-2008, 06:20 PM
The last post before it crashed and was down for 5 hours, was by known troll
Teeceemadison. Just goes to show....

Mr Smartmonies
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM

Terrible. They really need to do something about it.

RussBII
05-20-2008, 02:40 AM

Terrible. They really need to do something about it.

I remember it going down intermittenly during high volume times. Games, draft day, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like a relatively new phenomena... Are there just more folks posting nowadays or what?

Screw it, it was time to move on, it was getting so that the Trolls ran the place anyway...

Shawn
05-20-2008, 10:22 AM
In the 6 years I was posting at the Trib...it has always been slow. Triple
posts were always somewhat of an issue. Game day always bad. The
question usually revolved around how bad. Sometimes it's bearable and sometimes
it's not. They have been saying they are working on the issue for as long as I have
complained about it. They seem to tweak things occasionally and it works well for
awhile...then a few month later it's in the toilet again. I think J is committed to doing
what he needs to do to keep this site growing...while maintaining it's speed. I also
think that PS has taken the best element of the Trib (it's foundation of good posters)
and placed them on a site that is fast...troll free, and complaints are listened to.

papillon
05-20-2008, 04:05 PM
I just got to the point that I wouldn't even try to log on at the Trib until 2-3 hours after the game was over. Trying to get discourse going on game day was futile at best and galling at its worst.

Pappy

Les 74
05-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I just got to the point that I wouldn't even try to log on at the Trib until 2-3 hours after the game was over. Trying to get discourse going on game day was futile at best and galling at its worst.

Pappy

I don't know what was worse:game day or draft day.

Iron Shiek
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM

Pappy

I don't know what was worse:game day or draft day.

Yeah i loved how 10 minutes before steelers were on clock it would go down every time...solid.

AkronSteel
05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
It is great to have a new site. I agree with all the above posts, even though I didn't post on the Trib. It seemed to always be down and was starting to be dominated by all the trolls. So thanks so much to whoever started this site.

All the real posters are on this board anyway, great to see all the familiar names and points of view.

papillon
05-20-2008, 11:01 PM
It is great to have a new site. I agree with all the above posts, even though I didn't post on the Trib. It seemed to always be down and was starting to be dominated by all the trolls. So thanks so much to whoever started this site.

All the real posters are on this board anyway, great to see all the familiar names and points of view.

Troll alert, Troll alert...who are you from the Trib? http://stillernation.com/phpbb/images/smiles/banhim.gif

Just effing with ya, welcome aboard, grab a beer, belly up to the keyboard and enjoy yourself here at "The Planet", because a Nation just wasn't big enough. :P

Pappy

LasVegasGuy
05-20-2008, 11:17 PM
[quote/]http://stillernation.com/phpbb/images/smiles/banhim.gif
Just effing with ya, welcome aboard, grab a beer, belly up to the keyboard and enjoy yourself here at "The Planet", because a Nation just wasn't big enough. :P

Pappy

That smiley is a classic. Almost as good as the "head on fire" gif that NKY pulls out of his arsenal every now and then. Save it we are going to need it.

MeetJoeGreene
05-22-2008, 12:28 PM
12:27 on Thursday. It is down again.

We could play Trib match game.

These days the Trib Message board goes down more often than _____________

:shock:
:P

NKySteeler
05-22-2008, 12:55 PM

"....Me on Jessica Alba!".................. :twisted: ..... Wait a minute, it was supposed to be the other way around....... :?

Djfan
05-22-2008, 01:25 PM

congressional approval ratings?

papillon
05-22-2008, 01:47 PM

Than a Delta Airlines Trans-Atlanitc flight...:P

Pappy

Les 74
05-22-2008, 02:16 PM

"....Me on Jessica Alba!".................. :twisted: ..... Wait a minute, it was supposed to be the other way around....... :?

Hey,wait a minute.You can have her when I'm done with her..................which will be when she hits 30. :lol:

Shawn
05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
But, very very soon she will be a MILF. :shock:

JA=hottest MILF ever!

Les 74
05-22-2008, 02:19 PM
But, very very soon she will be a MILF. :shock:

JA=hottest MILF ever!

I'd hit it.

Shawn
05-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I'd hit it two times.

Les 74
05-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I'd hit it two times.

I'd hit it so much that you wouldn't have time.

calmkiller
05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Yes to JA!!

Also I would try to not post on game day because I am usually in an over critical mood or just pissed off. Posting on a message board would definitely make me madder or give me false sense of hope. As for draft day I am usually all over that but the trib died on draft day. So it was less than stellar this year.

stlrz d
05-22-2008, 02:32 PM

Queerbait at a PETA rally.

Shawn
05-22-2008, 02:40 PM
:lol: