PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion box

eniparadoxgma
05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks again for runnin the board j.

I was curious about a couple things:

Do you think you can implement some kind of posting system that gives people cool titles and stuff when they have a certain amount of posts? It's not the biggest thing in the world, but I like that kind of feature. As opposed to just the one or two labels (steel or gold steel addict) you could have more ranks than that based on either steeler players (though I think stillernation did that) or something else.

Just a suggestion.

I thought maybe we could have a thread where we discuss suggestions or features and things that people might want the board to have. So I started this thread.

I don't think there's a thread like that but I'm half asleep right now.

I have a website with forums and what not. We're using Nuke Evolution instead of
phpBB. We have an arcade, music player...all kinds of wacky stuff. I'm not saying we need any of that here (I really don't think it's necessary) but since that kind of stuff is out there I just thought I'd mention it.

Not sure what my point with that is other than to point out that there's all kinds of stuff out there and I think it'd be cool to have this thread for suggestions and what not.

Thanks again.

AngryAsian
05-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Great suggestion. A stickied thread that would have this title, accessible to members with suggestions. What do you think, J?

stlrz d
05-19-2008, 02:04 PM
I'd like to suggest that the bad word filter be modified since legit words (assist, associate, etc) are being changed to "bad word" instead.

calmkiller
05-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Personally I would enjoy having the "who's online" section of the MB at the top of the page if that is at all possible. It is a lil bit of a pain to scroll to the bottom to see who's online atm. Is that possible?

Les 74
05-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I would like to suggest that we have an OT forum where we can discuss things outside of the Steelers.If thats not possible,then I would like to suggest that Jessica Alba be in my bed tonight.Thats all.

papillon
05-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I would like to suggest that we have an OT forum where we can discuss things outside of the Steelers.If thats not possible,then I would like to suggest that Jessica Alba be in my bed tonight.Thats all.

And, then you show up in a hockey mask and with a machete? :shock:

Pappy

AngryAsian
05-19-2008, 02:29 PM

Pappy

Yes, Pap. Les' pillow talk is very romantic. "Jessica, how much do I love thee let me count the ways.... one bloody appendage, two bloody appendages, three bloody appendages...." :lol: :lol: :lol:

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Pappy

Pap, where is the cool sig A.A. created? Save the original for the Trib.

Les 74
05-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Pappy

Yes, Pap. Les' pillow talk is very romantic. "Jessica, how much do I love thee let me count the ways.... one bloody appendage, two bloody appendages, three bloody appendages...." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would never do that to her.................at least not until I had my way with her!!!
:wink: :lol:

Jigawatts
05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Personally I would enjoy having the "who's online" section of the MB at the top of the page if that is at all possible. It is a lil bit of a pain to scroll to the bottom to see who's online atm. Is that possible?

I second that.

Jigawatts
05-19-2008, 02:52 PM
I would like to suggest that Jessica Alba be in Jigawatts bed tonight.Thats all.

Good idea Les. I second that as well. :wink:

Les 74
05-19-2008, 03:03 PM
I would like to suggest that Jessica Alba be in Jigawatts blender tonight.Thats all.

Good idea Les. I second that as well. :wink:

:shock: :o

MeetJoeGreene
05-19-2008, 03:51 PM

$$$ I thought of that too. I often look there first-- it is a great convienence. ANd here I thought I was the only lazy one. :D

Also - I like the "levels" based on post count. I would go with something football related, but instead of players names have things like:

Undrafted Free Agent, Practice Squad, Second Team, First String, All Star, ..... all the way to Hall of Fame. SOmething like that.

Iron Shiek
05-19-2008, 04:12 PM

$$$ I thought of that too. I often look there first-- it is a great convienence. ANd here I thought I was the only lazy one. :D

Also - I like the "levels" based on post count. I would go with something football related, but instead of players names have things like:

Undrafted Free Agent, Practice Squad, Second Team, First String, All Star, ..... all the way to Hall of Fame. SOmething like that.

So where does Sean Mahan's "level" exist? He isn't any of those. He would need his own distinction I feel, and it should be reserved for Steeler bashers...and no not trolls, but the Steeler "fans" like that nutsack guy who do nothing but bash everything about his team. Good?

papillon
05-19-2008, 04:13 PM

Pappy

Pap, where is the cool sig A.A. created? Save the original for the Trib.

Patience, LVG, patience, I'll unvail it later tonight... :D

Pappy

Shawn
05-19-2008, 04:22 PM

We now have a general discussion forum. One issue resolved. :D

Les 74
05-19-2008, 04:59 PM

Scary,the power I wield!!!Now,only to get JA!! :D

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 05:25 PM

I'm really digging the pimp cup SMG everytime I see it. I like it much better then your last sig glad you decided to change it.

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 05:29 PM
[quote="Les 74":6dxncfag]I would like to suggest that we have an OT forum where we can discuss things outside of the Steelers.If thats not possible,then I would like to suggest that Jessica Alba be in my bed tonight.Thats all.

Scary,the power I wield!!!Now,only to get JA!! :D[/quote:6dxncfag]

Yeah when you wave around a machete alot of people will take notice...mostly b/c they fear for their lives b/c you are psychotic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AngryAsian
05-19-2008, 05:52 PM
So where does Sean Mahan's "level" exist? He isn't any of those. He would need his own distinction I feel, and it should be reserved for Steeler bashers...and no not trolls, but the Steeler "fans" like that nutsack guy who do nothing but bash everything about his team. Good?

Everyone being so new, we're all at the "Mahan" level, but give Benny about a day or two, he'll be up to 3K by then. :lol:

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Nah....im not gonna get up that high....I got internships and other things to start working on!

Everyone being so new, we're all at the "Mahan" level, but give Benny about a day or two, he'll be up to 3K by then. :lol:

Les 74
05-19-2008, 07:13 PM

Nah....im not gonna get up that high....I got internships and other things to start working on!

Yeah,AS,give him at least until the weekend!!! :lol:

steelz09
05-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions...

I will add the "post categories", but I'll have to research how to setup something like that first. It shouldn't be too difficult. I'm thinking:

0-50 Posts: Undrafted FA
51-100 Posts: Rookie
101-250: Second Stringer
251-500: Starter
501-1000: Pro Bowler
1001-2500: Hall of Famer
2500+: Legend

Let me know what you guys think about these. I know its not very imaginative but I wanted to keep it football related.

Thanks.

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi all,

I will add the "post categories", but I'll have to research how to setup something like that first. It shouldn't be too difficult. I'm thinking:

Let me know what you guys think about these. I know its not very imaginative but I wanted to keep it football related.

Thanks.

Some will be a legend by the end of the month! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi all,

Thanks.

Sounds good,j,but I would spread out the numbers a little more.Something like this:
0-100 Posts: Undrafted FA
100-250 Posts: Rookie
250-500: Second Stringer
500-1000: Starter
1000-2500: Pro Bowler
2500-5000: Hall of Famer
5000+: Legend

Just a suggestion!!!

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi all,

Thanks.

Sounds good,j,but I would spread out the numbers a little more.Something like this:

Just a suggestion!!!

Some will be a legend by the end of the month. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi all,

Thanks.

Just a suggestion!!!

BigBen2112 will be a legend by the end of the month. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fixed that for you!!! :lol:

SteelerOfDeVille
05-19-2008, 07:33 PM
can I make the suggestion that the "members to date" thread be deleted and replaced with pics of the steeler chicks. :P :lol: :P :lol:

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 07:34 PM
[quote="Les 74":20txjqjc]

Just a suggestion!!!

BigBen2112 is and always has been a legend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fixed that for you!!! :lol:[/quote:20txjqjc]

Fixed that for you!!! :D

Mr Smartmonies
05-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Suggestion: What about a gray backround? I love black and Gold as much as the next person, but it seems hard on the eyes. How about Light gray with black type?
Just asking....

Les 74
05-19-2008, 08:39 PM
BigBen2112 is and always has been a legend in the gay community. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There,much better!!! :lol:

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Suggestion: What about a gray backround? I love black and Gold as much as the next person, but it seems hard on the eyes. How about Light gray with black type?
Just asking....

I like the black background, I feel that it is easier on the eyes then the white. Not sure how the gray would look but if I had a choice it would be to stay with the black.

You know what they say "Once you go black, you never go back". :lol: :lol:

papillon
05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi all,

Thanks.

Just a suggestion!!!

We could add 'All-Pro' between Pro Bowler and HOFer...

Pappy

Pappilon,

That is a freakin awesome signature too. Is AS creating all these? Very talented.

BTW, thanks for the feedback on the ranking system. I will have it in place sometime tonight.

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi all,

Thanks.

Just a suggestion!!!

We could add 'All-Pro' between Pro Bowler and HOFer...

Pappy

Pappilon,

That is a freakin awesome signature too. Is AS creating all these? Very talented.

BTW, thanks for the feedback on the ranking system. I will have it in place sometime tonight.

How about 0-25 are Duce Staley's. Alot of looking around and no production.

papillon
05-19-2008, 09:15 PM

0-49 could be "In Sweats on the Sideline"...the name has been changed to protect the guilty... :P

Pappy

papillon
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Here's a more valid suggestion: Could links be made to open in a new window (IE) or new tab (Firefox) rather than opening in the same window?

Pappy

stlrz d
05-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Here's a more valid suggestion: Could links be made to open in a new window (IE) or new tab (Firefox) rather than opening in the same window?

Pappy

Right click -> open in new window/tab. :P

Or you could try this too (Firefox only): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2207

Other than adblock probably my favorite add on.

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM

0-49 could be "In Sweats on the Sideline"...the name has been changed to protect the guilty... :P

Pappy

I like that. However, maybe it should be "Hand in sweats on the sidelines".

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/268150.jpg

LasVegasGuy
05-19-2008, 09:54 PM
J is fast. Already has the labels up and running. He is spoiling us. Thanks, J.

BigBen2112
05-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Les is and always has been a legend in the gay community. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There,much better!!! :lol:

100% correct now! :lol:

Les 74
05-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Another suggestion here,j.Is it possible for you to make it so that we can quote more than 3 people?It would make things alot easier for simpletons like myself. :lol: Thanks.

Shawn
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM

I'm really digging the pimp cup SMG everytime I see it. I like it much better then your last sig glad you decided to change it.

Yea dawg...cuz I'm pimp like that. 8)

:lol:

Shawn
05-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Great work J.

Guys as for the bad word filter I think it's all or nothing. I could be wrong but
I think it's similar to the Trib filter...php filter? I would imagine J could
turn it off...but that presents issues with viewing at work.

I wonder if J could turn it off and let each individual control his own naughty
word settings. Just a thought.

I'm not sure how easy it is to get the who's online at the top...but I would like
to see our General topic section right above the Steelers. As the site grows
and the season draws near we will need to keep off topic threads in the general
section. It makes it easier to get your Steeler fix without wading through non Steeler
threads.

eniparadoxgma
05-20-2008, 09:19 PM
One setting I'm curious about is the one that highlights the threads you haven't read yet. On most boards, when you go to a forum, even if you don't view all the new threads, the next time you come back they will no longer be highlighted.

However, on this one it looks like they're going to stay highlighted forever unless I actually click on them. I much prefer the former way, as (gasp) there are some threads I don't have much interest in. :) That way I can see the *new* threads I haven't viewed yet or have new posts in 'em.

steelz09
05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
All,

I am proud to announce the following:

1) Created a How To for disabling signatures, avatars, etc
2) Consolidated the "How To" threads. We now have one How To thread and will add to this thread as needed. Currently, we have instructions on how to utilize some of the Planet Steelers message board features such as posting videos, disabling signatures, etc.
3) Increase the quote limit from 3 to 5
4) Move the General Discussion board to top for "visibility purposes"

papillon
05-20-2008, 10:54 PM
All,

2) Consolidated the "How To" threads. We now have one How To thread and will add to this thread as needed. Currently, we have instructions on how to utilize some of the Planet Steelers message board features such as posting videos, disabling signatures, etc.

You're spoiling us and the season hasn't even started yet. http://stillernation.com/phpbb/images/smiles/beerbang.gif Thank you, Thank you...

Pappy

Les 74
05-21-2008, 08:13 AM
All,

Ok,two of my suggestions were taken into account.Now,what about getting Jessica Alba into my bed tonight??? :lol: :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
05-21-2008, 08:58 AM
All,

Ok,two of my suggestions were taken into account.Now,what about getting Jessica Alba into my bed tonight??? :lol: :lol:

Do you really want her after I am finished with her??? OK. I will send her over, but she will be worn out dude.

Les 74
05-21-2008, 09:37 AM
All,

Do you really want her after I am finished with her??? OK. I will send her over, but she will be worn out dude.

I doubt that she'd be worn out form something smaller than a thumbtack. :lol:

Shawn
05-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Les...you are being generous. :lol:

Les 74
05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Les...you are being generous. :lol:

I didn't want to be too insulting with this being a new site and all.Give it some time. :wink: :lol:

Shawn
05-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Yea, I eagerly await the good old days where we call each other morons and idiots...
all while trashing each others love for the team. Good stuff.

It's like everyone is on a first date...trying to be all nice and proper. I give it about another month. :lol:

Steeler Mafia
05-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Les, you can have her after me. I'll give her a canoli she can't refuse.

Les 74
05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Yea, I eagerly await the good old days where we call each other morons and idiots...

It's like everyone is on a first date...trying to be all nice and proper. I give it about another month. :lol:

Jeez,Shawn,you are such a moron and an idiot.

Is that better??Bit of an icebreaker,huh?? :lol: :lol:

Shawn
05-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Jeez,Shawn,you are such a moron and an idiot.

Is that better??Bit of an icebreaker,huh?? :lol: :lol:

Shut the F^&k up Mo%^&F%^&&... :D

Ahhh...now I feel at home.

MeetJoeGreene
05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
[quote=jhansle1]All,

I doubt that she'd be worn out form something smaller than a thumbtack. :lol:[/quote:2cb8vck1]

..... says the man with the little knife in his sig graphic....

Les 74
05-21-2008, 12:16 PM
[quote=jhansle1]All,

I doubt that she'd be worn out form something smaller than a thumbtack. :lol:

..... says the man with the little knife in his sig graphic....[/quote:1eldn9ji]

All depends on how you look at it.Its really big to a midget. :lol: :lol:

Shawn
05-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Did someone say midget? :D

steelz09
05-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for the Planet Steelers community as a whole? For example, not just enhancements to the message board, but the overall site.

Currently, we have a very cool photo gallery, mock draft database, and links sections.

Do you all have any recommendations? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

AngryAsian
05-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Maybe this maybe off base, but with the recent interest in the upcoming "gaming" season, maybe you should have a separate section for the contests that we're proposing. I have a feeling with all the Madden interest you'll be bombarded with gaming enthusiasts and this way the flow of discussion on the main Steeler MB can still function without OT gaming discussions. My two yen.

How about merchandise sales.... Couldn't we get a hook up with a vendor that could give us a cheaper rate on collective orders by the board, on say game jerseys... Just a thought.

papillon
05-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for the Planet Steelers community as a whole? For example, not just enhancements to the message board, but the overall site.

Currently, we have a very cool photo gallery, mock draft database, and links sections.

Do you all have any recommendations? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Maybe a place for favorite bars, restaurants or Steeler establishments in different cities or where some go on game day to watch the games. That way if anyone is interested in meeting some of the members they would know where to go and get drunk, I mean, where they could go to meet them.

Pappy

eniparadoxgma
05-26-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think the board currently has any way to show when/if a post has been edited. While it's not a big deal atm, it might be good to turn on a feature like that later on, especially during contests/pick 'ems/etc.

My personal preference is when you set edits to only show up after five minutes after the initial post is made. Regardless, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks again for hosting/running such a sweet site, J.

On edit: Testing.

Les 74
05-26-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't think the board currently has any way to show when/if a post has been edited. While it's not a big deal atm, it might be good to turn on a feature like that later on, especially during contests/pick 'ems/etc.

My personal preference is when you set edits to only show up after five minutes after the initial post is made. Regardless, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

I don't know about anyone else,but my edited posts show up ok as edited.

stlrz d
05-26-2008, 10:04 AM

I don't know about anyone else,but my edited posts show up ok as edited.

I think what he means is edited posts don't show the message below the post indicating that the post has been edited.

eniparadoxgma
05-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Actually, I guess it's already in place and with a little grace period. I guess I just never tried to edit a post after the grace period ended. Thanks for the heads up, Les.

Just disregard my previous suggestion. 8)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't know the technical word for it, but when you click on a link, can you make it so that a new window pops up to that link instead of redirecting the page we are on?

Also, a question. When I get to a new page, I usually experience a pretty long delay where the page freezes. Is that a problem with my RAM, or a problem with the board? I have sometimes had that happen on other sites, but never as bad.

TIA for your help.

stlrz d
05-26-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't know the technical word for it, but when you click on a link, can you make it so that a new window pops up to that link instead of redirecting the page we are on?

Also, a question. When I get to a new page, I usually experience a pretty long delay where the page freezes. Is that a problem with my RAM, or a problem with the board? I have sometimes had that happen on other sites, but never as bad.

TIA for your help.

Right click -> open link in new tab

OR

Right click -> open link in new window

eniparadoxgma
05-26-2008, 10:12 AM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":31f1sc7o]I don't know the technical word for it, but when you click on a link, can you make it so that a new window pops up to that link instead of redirecting the page we are on?

TIA for your help.

OR

Right click -> open link in new window[/quote:31f1sc7o]

Or, holding Ctrl down while clicking a link will open it in a new tab in Firefox or IE7.

Holding down Shift while clicking a link will open it in a new window.

stlrz d
05-26-2008, 10:15 AM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":3qe3yymb]I don't know the technical word for it, but when you click on a link, can you make it so that a new window pops up to that link instead of redirecting the page we are on?

TIA for your help.

OR

Right click -> open link in new window

Or, holding Ctrl down while clicking a link will open it in a new tab in Firefox or IE7.

Holding down Shift while clicking a link will open it in a new window.[/quote:3qe3yymb]

Cool...I did not know that!

eniparadoxgma
05-26-2008, 10:18 AM

That's what I'm here for. (You knew there had to be some reason, right?)

Wolfhound45
05-26-2008, 10:21 AM
I suggest that Chadman does not always win. :x

I suggest that Wolfhound 45 is officially included in the clique. :cry:

I suggest that Wolfhound 45 is handsome and rich. :mrgreen:

My work is done. :P

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-26-2008, 10:22 AM

That's what I'm here for. (You knew there had to be some reason, right?)

Thanks guys, that was fast. Four replies in about ten minutes!!

Chadman
05-27-2008, 01:13 AM

Chadman suggests you take note of the messege on this T-Shirt...

http://www.nzbc.net.nz/uploaded_images/hardenuptee-793295.jpg

and stop being such a sooky-la-la..

http://users.chariot.net.au/%7Emisterx/steve/images/cry_me_a_river.jpg

or you'll never get chicks like...

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/jessica-alba-wallpapers-3.jpg

you'll just end up with...

http://im.rediff.com/wc2007/2007/mar/27magda.jpg

so stop being such a...

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Sidebox-Kitten-Thinks-R.jpg

and grow a set of...

http://www.nuthealth.org/images/nut_splash.jpg

before Chadman is forced to squish you, like a...

http://www.hashemian.com/blog/images/grapes.jpg

Is Chadman's messege clear enough for you?

NorCal-Steeler
05-27-2008, 10:00 PM
I didnt see the suggestion box earlier and posted another suggestion to have a live chat room so we dont have to refresh post after post on official game day thread. Just a nice live chat box off to one side.

BIG FAN
05-27-2008, 10:28 PM

so stop being such a...

and grow a set of...

Whew!
I also suggest Chadman's not always right, but you got to admit he's pretty damn good! :lol: :lol:

steelz09
05-27-2008, 11:03 PM
It has been mentioned that providing a chat interface would be helpful especially for game day.

I will be adding one before the start of the season and hopefully for training camp. This chat interface will be embedded in to the forum, but with provide users with a faster way to communicate during game days. People will be able to log on and receive game day updates from the members of this forum that are on Planet Steelers during the game.

papillon
05-27-2008, 11:08 PM

so stop being such a...

and grow a set of...

Whew!
I also suggest Chadman's not always right, but you got to admit he's pretty damn good! :lol: :lol:

Please don't encourage him. :evil:

Pappy

AngryAsian
05-27-2008, 11:10 PM
It has been mentioned that providing a chat interface would be helpful especially for game day.

I will be adding one before the start of the season and hopefully for training camp. This chat interface will be embedded in to the forum, but with provide users with a faster way to communicate during game days. People will be able to log on and receive game day updates from the members of this forum that are on Planet Steelers during the game.

Ask, you shall receive. That's awesome J. Great avenue to have come game day.

NorCal-Steeler
05-27-2008, 11:18 PM
This site is blowing the other a way in just a short time... 8)

BIG FAN
05-27-2008, 11:25 PM

No doubt NorCal, a veritable B&G , bastion in the making!

DukieBoy
05-27-2008, 11:37 PM
That other site (can't remember its name) is soooo slow, too often negative and biocchie, and colorless as communist Russia.
This site is soooo fast, slick, friendly, positive, colorful ... let's keep it that way.

costanza2k1
05-28-2008, 02:41 AM
How about an auto image resizer for cases when we post an image from another site and it's too big forcing us to scroll to the right. I found this online as a reference, don't know how others feel about it but I figured I'd throw it out there.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=874055&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

MeetJoeGreene
05-28-2008, 01:02 PM
I could be missing something, but there does not appear to be any way to get back to the
Planet Steelers home page from within the forums. Clicking on the big planet icon and font in the upper left
appears to take one back to the forum index, not the Home page.

papillon
05-28-2008, 01:09 PM

NorCal-Steeler, I'm not sure what you think this site is doing to the 'other', but, since, most of the posters are guys I'm certain that I don't want anything to do with it. :shock:

Pappy

Shawn
05-28-2008, 01:37 PM
http://www.shawnolson.net/media/16_Jeremy_drool.gif

costanza2k1
05-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Can we get more Smilies so we don't have to link to other board's smilies? That would be nice.

NKySteeler
05-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Can we get more Smilies so we don't have to link to other board's smilies? That would be nice.

...Agreed.... I needed something more for that Jessica Alba pic!........ :twisted:

Les 74
05-29-2008, 03:10 PM

...Agreed.... I needed something more for that Jessica Alba pic!........ :twisted:

I think Jig could photoshop some lamb's wool on her for you!!! :P :lol: :lol:

AngryAsian
05-29-2008, 03:18 PM

I just realized that the artist formerly known as 1.21 Jigawatts is going by the single name of Jigawatts.... those famous types always go with the single names: Cher, Madonna, Dahmer. :lol: :lol:

Les 74
05-29-2008, 03:30 PM

I just realized that the artist formerly known as 1.21 Jigawatts is going by the single name of Jigawatts.... those famous types always go with the single names: Cher, Madonna, Dahmer. :lol: :lol:

Liberace....... :lol:

costanza2k1
06-05-2008, 07:18 PM

Bump

Shawn
06-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Yea, I like the smiley idea.

steelz09
06-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I like additional smiley's and I can surely install them. However, I don't really have the graphic tools / knowledge to create them.

I know this board is capable of installing / displaying new smileys such as animated gifs. For example, a smiley waving a terrible towel.

We could even have a week long contest for the best smileys. Aftwards, I can install them to the phpBB to allow users to display them in there posts.... Just an idea.

Thanks.

Shawn
06-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I like additional smiley's and I can surely install them. However, I don't really have the graphic tools / knowledge to create them.

I know this board is capable of installing / displaying new smileys such as animated gifs. For example, a smiley waving a terrible towel.

We could even have a week long contest for the best smileys. Aftwards, I can install them to the phpBB to allow users to display them in there posts.... Just an idea.

Thanks.

Sounds like a terrific idea.

stlrz d
06-05-2008, 10:27 PM

Thanks.

They don't have to be created. They can be taken from other sites and installed. I admin on a sports board (that gets zero traffic, which is why I rarely visit anymore) and that's how we did it. We have hundreds of smilies taken from other sites. It's simple!

birtikidis
06-05-2008, 11:00 PM
boobies

AngryAsian
06-06-2008, 04:22 PM
boobies

The animated version is no substitute for the real thing. I like Jhansles idea and stlrz d's suggestion. Post them on this thread stlrz d and let's have a gander at these smileys.

costanza2k1
06-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Here's 49 emoticons that I 'borrowed' from other sites. I'll upload them as emoticons.rar

stlrz d
06-06-2008, 07:34 PM
boobies

The animated version is no substitute for the real thing. I like Jhansles idea and stlrz d's suggestion. Post them on this thread stlrz d and let's have a gander at these smileys.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies

There's one example...doing a google search for smilies will bring up more.

Also, I went to the board I mentioned earlier. I exported all the smilies to a .xml zip file. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you to see if anything can be done with them.

steelz09
06-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Here's 49 emoticons that I 'borrowed' from other sites. I'll upload them as emoticons.rar

Thanks costanza2k1. I have the new smiley's per several requests

costanza2k1
06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
No thank you for following through, the site rocks!

AngryAsian
06-08-2008, 08:29 AM

Agreed. Yet another reason why this place is home. :Boobs

Flasteel
06-08-2008, 09:33 AM

Agreed. Yet another reason why this place is home. :Boobs

That's the emoticon I was referencing in another thread. It's become difficult to concentrate on the posts I'm writing because my eyes are constantly drawn to the left as I type. I realize they are only cartoon tits, but they still have a magical enchantment over me. It is kind of embarrassing that I can be captivated by them, but I do understand the power of a nice rack...even if it's animated.

stlrz d
06-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Would there be any way to set up the smilies so only a certain number of them are visible and for the rest there is a link above the smilies reading something to the effect of "click here for more smilies" or something like that? What it does is then open another, smaller window containing all the smilies. I don't know how you do it with this software since I've never had the keys to the store on this type. I know how to do it on this type: http://www.invisionpower.com/community/board/ though. It involves making the smilies "clickable". Smilies that are "clickable" will automatically appear to the left of the reply box. The rest are only available by clicking on the "click here for more smilies" link.

Gives the board a much cleaner look, imo.